5 Wrestlers the WWE Should Sign Within the Next Year

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I hope you are all well and good and have had a good week so far. As I mentioned earlier in the week I'm likely to not upload as much next week because of it being my birthday, having family here and generally just needing a little break and so this week I'm trying my hardest to upload as often as I can making sure to bring you new and exiting content. I was planning on keeping this week rather SummerSlam themed and while that's gone okay so far today's blog post is something I've wanted to write for a couple of weeks now and I just wanted to get it up for you sooner rather than later. Before we get into that I want to quickly note that if and when I upload next week all those posts will be based around SummerSlam including last minuet predictions and NXT Takeover predictions. Today however, we are going to be taking a look into the further future (something doesn't sound right with that sentence but we'll run with it). So, in recent posts I have been talking about my struggle to keep up with all the wrestling the world has to offer. With so much content now being put out there its borderline impossible to remain on top of things and keep all up to date with everything being presented to us in the world of pro wrestling however, I have some how managed to find the time to catch up on a few shows and after paying so much attention to Lucha Underground, NJPW, and WCPW my mind is full of all things wrestling and the result has led me to this point where I now I want to have a lovely chit chat about some of the guys I'm loving but in a little twist this post is going to be dedicated to those five wrestlers I believe the WWE should sign within the next year. Many of the men I'm going to be talking about in today's blog post I have already written about a heck of a lot in recent posts and I'm  sure their names will pop up even more in the near future. As always, any recent blog will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's post and who you think the WWE should sign within the next year by leaving a comment or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.


Will Ospreay 

Kick starting things off today is a man I have spent a heck of a lot of time talking about recently both in blog posts  you would have already seen and up and coming articles. Throughout the year Ospreay has been someone I really have been enjoyed watching and writing about. He's been someone the entire wrestling world has been obsessed with for the past few years and he's someone I personally have been a big fan of over the past twenty four months or so. This year in particular Will has been a wrestler I have paid extra attention to. Going back to and re-watching some of his best matches and watching even more of his recent work and trust me when I say this is a guy that is totally worth the hype. Every single match I watch him compete in he puts in a hundred and ten percent pulling out moves that I haven't seen anyone else do and his clean execution of these moves are what have him standing out even more. In a recent post I listed Ospreay as one of the many wrestlers I'm totally obsessed with right now and that hasn't changed what so ever and he remains someone I wanna watch more and more of. There is no denying that Ospreay has been one of the most talked about men in the wrestling world today and he has earned every right to be so highly spoken of, respected, and popular. His matches have been fantastic and he has proven to work as a decent baby face easy to get behind and as a heel that has you totally reliving he is a massive bellend all of which make him the perfect WWE superstar. Now, I don't doubt for a single second that Will we be apart of the WWE at some point in the near future. I don't believe the WWE would be so stupid to let such an amazing talent pass them by. For the past year or so many have been talking about when Ospreay will eventually sign with the company but with him working for so many promotions around the world including NJPW and WCPW to name just a couple it doesn't look as though he will be joining the roster just yet. However, we have seen him and Paul Heyman in videos together and Heyman was the guy to give him his contract for another company. I remember watching that and just thinking how much I'd love to see Will join the WWE and become a killer modern day heel working as a Paul Heyman guy. The thought has me so so so excited and honestly I do believe it's something that could be in the making. When you take a look at the current talent the WWE has dream matches Ospreay could compete in are endless and I would love to see him face off against the likes of AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins and so many more. At such a young age there really is no rush to get Will up and going in the WWE and I still feel as though there is plenty more for him on the indie scene however I do also feel as though it really is only a matter of time before we see him inside and NXT/WWE ring.

Kenny Omega

Up next is another obvious pick but one I'm sure everyone will agree should be in this list. Kenny Omega has so easily become one of the best wrestlers in the world and a total personal favorite of mine. The past couple of months in  particular I have spent a lot of time going back and re-watching some of his older match and obsessing over his current work. Prior to this year I had seen bits and pieces of his work and there were matches here and there I had watched and enjoyed however, it was back in January that everything changed. His Wrestle Kingdom main event match up against Okada was one of the best matches I have ever seen and for sure set to still be listed as the two thousand and seventeen match of the year with it pretty much being impossible to top it. Okada's performance was fantastic and eventually I would love to see him also make his way to the WWE but today we are going to be focusing completely on Omega who has been one of my favorite wrestlers in the world today all year round. He's constantly competing in phenomenal matches that highlight him over and over again as one of the best in  the world right now. He's sharp character is one that has so much potential to grow and develop into something even stronger and his in  ring work is something you just cant teach. Full of charisma, a strong following, and talent you can't even put into words, Kenny Omega is an all round talent and will go down as one of the best of this generation. After his Wrestle Kingdom match at the start of the year Omega took to twitter dropping hints about signing with the WWE which of course took place during the build up of the Royal Rumble. When the pay per view rolled around of course there was no Omega on our screens, something I totally expected. As much as I would have loved to have seen Kenny come out as a Royal Rumble entrant it wasn't the right time at all and he still had so much more to bring to the table in NJPW. Throughout the year he has proven that point time and time again competing in even more fantastic matches and showing the world just how brilliant he really is. As reach the middle point of the year Omega's name is brought up again and again, while I still believe he has so much to do in NJPW and the indie scene I desperately want to see him arrive in the WWE within the next year. I have no idea what his contractual deals look like but regardless I and the rest of the world are desperate to see him inside a WWE ring and again it does feel as though its only a matter of time.

Matt Riddle 

Matt Riddle is someone I haven't actually spent a great deal of time talking about. I haven't really had a post where he had a place to feature and I haven't watched many shows he has been apart of where I live tweeted throughout and so this may be the first time I've actually spoken about him. He is set to feature in up and coming posts so keep an eye out for that. Today however, he is the main inspiration behind this article and I'm go glad I finally have a reason to talk about him. It was during a recent episode of WCPW that I was reminded why I wanted to write this post in the first place. In a one on  one match against Alex Gracie Matt Riddle reminded me exactly why I had this post idea in the first place and became the reason why I got my shit together and started writing today. When I was watching the show on Saturday night I honestly wasn't expecting much from this match. While I was super excited to have Matt back on my screen and I totally marked out like a little idiot I didn't really have high expectations of the match and that did have a lot to do with the fact I'm not the biggest fan of Alex Gracie, however, both men had a fantastic performance and I actually was really impressed with what I saw from Grace (I'll talking about him in more detail in another post soon) but of course it was Matt that had my full attention. As always he stepped in that ring with the fans totally behind him and put on a brilliant performance. His strength, speed and aestheticism is something that is forever leaving me totally impressed and throughout this match he had all that on show perfectly. In all honesty, Matt isn't someone I have known a lot about and its only been over the past few months I have taken the time to learn a little more about him and start paying extra attention to his matches and work before becoming a pro wrestler.Of course I have been left totally obsessed with him and the more I watch the more of a fan I become. He's something new and exciting in the world of pro wrestling and just like everybody else on this list today he is a guy that I really wanna see arrive in the WWE and actually for a number of different reasons. What I love about Matt is how unique he is. There isn't anyone else on the wrestling scene bringing to the table what he is and it's so so exciting. Everything from his look, to his in ring style, to his characters, it's new and when I think about him competing in a WWE ring it makes very very excited. He's style and background means that facing off in matches against the likes of AJ Styles,Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura and Brock Lesnar make for true dream/must see matches. He's someone that for quite some time now has been a big talking point and I can totally see why. He's hot right now, he's current, and he has a huge following, there's no reason for the WWE not to snap him up within the next year. He makes for a brilliant baby face and can totally bring something new and exciting to the company.

Marty Scrull

Two thousand and seventeen has been the year of British Wrestling. Back in January we had the WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament and since then promotion s across the UK have been killing it. The past few years has seen British Wrestling come back to life and the past eight months has seen things only get better for UK promotions and wrestlers. I personally have spent a lot of time this year alone talking about British Wrestling and it was January I dedicated four weeks to British Wrestling where several posts where uploaded all about the wrestling world here in the United Kingdom. One of the wrestlers I have spoken about the most here on my blog this year has without a shadow of a doubt been Marty Scrull. While this year has been brilliant for British Wrestling, two thousand and seventeen has been the breakout year for Marty as he has so easily and quickly become en one of the most talked about wrestlers in the world today and honestly, it's about time. I've been following Marty's career for a while now and in a recent post I spoke about just how much of a brilliant talent he is in my nine wrestlers I'm totally obsessed right now. Just like Matt Riddle, Marty is bringing something new and exciting to the table. With Matt we have a new take on a baby face as he shows us a different type of good guy with a brand new character that totally works while Marty is showing us the perfect modern day heel. He's villain character is totally captivating and has gone down a treat. Fans all around the world have latched onto him  and his character perfectly. He has spent the better part of his career killing it here in the UK slowly breaking out more and more into the US scene. This year Marty has become and even bigger talking point after working in Japan and joining the Bullet Club in epic fashion during and episode of ROH. He's one of the hottest talents in the wrestling scene right now and the more we see of him the better he seems to get. Promotions all around the world are giving Marty the push, camera time, and bookings he deserves as popularity continues to grow more and more. So when talking about who I would like to see signed by the WWE within the next year Marty is one of the first names that springs to mind. He's young, well experienced, has a big following, bags of charisma and a fantastic in ring performer, the WWE have every reason to snap him up as soon as they can whether that's adding him to the UK roster or having him work as a full time member of the NXT roster. Scrull has so much to bring to the company and with him set to only achieve more and greater things on the indie scene by the time he arrives to the WWE Marty Scrull will have all the potential in the world to be one of the companies biggest and most promising stars.

Ricochet 

And finally we have another name I'm confident you all were expecting to feature in this post today, Ricochet. Just like most of the guys I have spoken about today, Ricochet is someone I have spent a lot of time talking about recently with him featuring in several previous blog posts and more to come in the near future. Both here on my blog and over on social media I have made it clear that Ricochet is one of my personal favorite wrestlers in the world today. Watching him compete in NJPW, WCPW, Lucha Underground and more over the past couple of years or so has allowed me to become completely obsessed with him and his work. A brilliant in ring performer he is one of many leading a new style and generation  of wrestlers. The moment he steps in the ring fans know they are in for a treat. He's fast paced, crazy speed, impressive athleticism and unique in ring style has him standing out more than anyone and there hasn't ever really been a match that I haven't enjoyed. He is constantly killing it and showing his versatility. Now, there have been rumors in the past regarding Ricochet joining the WWE. Fans have been desperate to see him arrive on the scene and finally signed by the company but it still doesn't look as though that will be happening any time soon . Wrestling around the US, in the UK and of course Japan Ricochet is crazy busy and is currently owning it over in Lucha Underground. Now, I know this list is focused on wrestlers I wanna see signed within the next year but honestly, I don 't see Ricochet signing until a little later on. I do believe that he will join the WWE at some point but whether that is anytime soon is another thing. When he does eventually make hes way there he will most certainly be pushed to the stars and very quickly become one of the biggest names in the company. The dream matches there are endless and he's someone the WWE would be stupid to not get their hands on.

Comments

Popular Posts