WWE SummerSlam 2017 Predictions Part 2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I hope you are all well and good and have had a good start to the week! So the time has finally rolled around. The final countdown to SummerSlam has kick started as we reach the last week before the event itself. Now, two years ago this week would have been dedicated to single prediction posts. Taking a look at each and every match on the card I would have run through my full predictions for those matches both for RAW and Smackdown LIVE. However, I honestly do not have the time what so ever and there really is no way I'm going to be able to write and upload around eight predictions if not more in one week especially a week that is of course my birthday and having so much going on. So, what I am going to do is something I have done for a couple of pay per views this year, my last minuet SummerSlam predictions. Throughout both twenty sixteen and seventeen I have written posts like this and they've gone down just well and I've totally enjoyed writing these more than the longer individual posts. As I have mentioned already my uploads this week are going to be a little all over the place but I'm so glad I was able to get this done and uploaded for you. Just so you know I am pre posting this a week in advance and I'll be changing things throughout the week. I'm also planning on writing and uploading an NXT Takeover Brooklyn version of this post also so keep an eye out for that which should go up sometime tomorrow or the day after! I will of course be live tweeting throughout both shows. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow, and finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both SummerSlam and NXT takeover by leaving a comment or tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Can Sasha Banks Conquer Brooklyn

 The WWE has made Brooklyn its home for SummerSlam and NXT Takeover for the past two years and with them entering their third year there is one big question that is on the minds of so many fans; Can Sasha Banks finally walk out of Brooklyn champion. Both at NXT Takeover Brooklyn in two thousand and fifteen and SummerSlam two thousand and sixteen Banks walked in as champion however walked out without her gold around her waist after being defeated by Bayley to drop the NXT women's championship and losing the RAW women's championship to Charlotte a whole year later in the same venue. This time round Banks is walking in as the challenger as she is set to face off against Alexa Bliss for the RAW women's championship. There has been so much dram surrounding this whole match after Bayley walked out the victor of a one on one number one contenders match against Banks on an episode of RAW a few weeks back. Everyone and their mother knew Sasha Banks was the right women to face off against Bliss at SummerSlam and so when Bayley's hand was raised come the end of the match we were all just sat there wondering what the fuck was going on. I honestly could write an entire blog post talking about why and how the WWE have failed Bayley since her main roster debut and in fact I may just have something along those lines coming up for you soon! Back at the Great Balls of Fire pay per view Banks and Bliss put on a great match which not only gave hints their feud was far from over but showed us all that if they were given more in ring time together they really could provide fans with an epic championship match up and so why a number one contenders match was even booked I have no idea. Anyway, after defeating Nia Jax earlier this week on RAW Banks will officially face off against Bliss at SummerSlam with the Boss being given one more chance to walk out of Brooklyn champion. Will she do it? Yeah I think she could. I've wanted Sasha to have a long championship reign up on the main roster for such a long time now and she really deserves to finally have it. Not a two week reign or a month, a proper championship run that she deserves. Will she do it better as a heel? One hundred and ten percent but that doesn't change a thing, I still would love to see her as champion. However, if I'm being honest I don't know if the WWE are ready to take gold away from Bliss. She remains such a huge part of the company and with her now joining the cast of Total Divas I don't see her push slowing down. Of course there really is so much more the WWE can do with Bliss and she can still be a huge part of the division without the title. She's a fantastic performer, forever growing in the ring, and a brilliant mic worker and there is no way the WWE are going to slow her down. I do however think there is a lot to go on with Banks as champion and we can start building a lot up for the coming year. I still want to see Banks and Bayley in a full on main roster feud and her winning this weekend could see the seeds built for that. Regardless of the outcome however, I'm really really looking forward to this match and I totally believe it will be the women's match of the night.

Who leaves Brooklyn WWE Universal Champion?

Honestly, there are a lot of matches I'm looking forward to this weekend both on the NXT Takeover and SummerSlam card. There's so much potential and I can honestly so many matches going down as some of the best of the year not to mention the likely hood of a few surprises. One of the matches I'm mainly looking forward to is the WWE Universal Championship match which will see Brock Lesnar defend his title in a fatal four way against Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, and Braun Strowman. The build up for this match has been pretty damn decent and it totally feels like a massively unpredictable, exciting big time match. Here we have four of the biggest stars in the WWE today and the main attractions of on Monday night RAW all colliding for chance to walk out as champion. Four huge stars (literally) all bringing something different to the table but all wanting the same thing, the Universal Championship. What's so great here is all of these guys have great history and know each other so well.The feuds we have seen go on between these guys throughout the past couple of years has been amazing and they all have made it clear from day one they believe they are the best and want their hands on the championship. This weekend they will get the opportunity they all so desperately crave while for Lesnar this match doesn't just revolve around the title it focuses on his WWE career as he and Heyman have made it clear that if he does not walk out the victor come Sunday night then both will leave the WWE. With that being added to the table things have gotten even more interesting. It gives Lesnar something more to focus on, more drive and more determination and it leaves his three challengers also with more to fight for.

I'm totally expecting this match to be one of the best of the night and of the weekend and a title potential match of the year.  I really do have high expectations of this and I one hundred and ten percent believe these guys will smash it this weekend. Who am I backing? I think it's pretty obvious if you have been reading my blog for long enough or follow me over on twitter, Braun Strowman is the man I will be rooting for. I'm going to insert a little section of a previous post where I explained why in detail in just a moment but lets focus on this match just a little bit more first. Now, I do think this match leans more on the unpredictable side. Literally, any one of these four superstars could walk out as champion. I don't believe there will be any big surprises big of that fact but I do think we're in for a very interesting, entertaining, gripping championship match up here.Throughout the past couple of weeks or so I've spent a lot time checking out other prediction videos and articles and reading what everyone has been saying over on social media and honestly, everyone has a completely different opinion and idea on who should walk out of SummerSlam as champion. Of course there is a lot of controversy that comes with the thought of Reigns walking out the new champ which is totally to be expected as always. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the win however, do I want him to? Not at all. I don't doubt that he will be champion again at some point but I don't want to see him do so at SummerSlam this weekend. Samoa Joe is actually looking to be the favourite. I have seen so many people talk about him getting the win and backing him one hundred and ten percent. I totally understand why everyone is supporting Joe. He's been killing it over the past few months and I really do believe he would make an amazing champion bringing  something really new and fun to the table. I'm confident that all four superstars will be massive standouts of the night. They all have a place in this match and I'm so excited to see what kind of crazy spots are performed and the wrestling we're going to see here and I really do think we're going to be in for a real treat here. Do I think Lesnar will retain? No. Keeping all the rumors in mind and looking at this match I think a new champion is most certainly going to be crowned and I actually do think its time for a new champion anyway.


SummerSlam 2017, Total Success of Massive Fail?

I've said it before but SummerSlam really is one of my personal favourite pay per views of the year. We've had some really great shows and some really not so great shows, this year I have high expectations. The card could be stronger of course but we have some amazing matches to look forward to. Before we wrap things up today, lets take a look at some of the matches we haven't spoken about in parts one and two of this post. First up we have the United States Championship match. Again, this is something I'm really looking forward to and if there is any match we can get a little surprise from its probably this one. I'm expecting the feud between AJ Styles and Kevin Owens to come to an end after this weekend. I don't see it needing to carry on any longer. The pair have had some good matches and I'm expecting this one on Sunday to be yet another. They have good chemistry, they're both fantastic in ring performers, two of the best wrestlers in the world today and both are so so popular with the WWE universe. Having Shane McMahon as the special guest referee is an interesting move. I've seen a lot of people with mixed opinions on this and I myself am a little conflicted. I don't want Shane's involvement to change how good or bad this match is set to be. A title change isn't something I'm expecting. I want to see Styles retain the title and I don't see him not walking out the victor unless there is a total surprise swerve and Shane screws him over and while I am expecting Shane to do something in those closing moments that will result in him being involved in a story likely with Owens I don't see hims screwing over Styles. The match itself should be and so easily could be one of the best matches of the weekend.

Up next is the Intercontinental championship match set to take place between current champ the Miz and Jason Jordan. I hate to say it but I am expecting the title to change hands here. I don't want it to at all but Jason Jordan is of course "Kurt Angle's son", the WWE clearly see a lot of potential in him and are keen on giving him a nice big push, that is likely to get started with him walking out of SummerSlam the Intercontinental champion. You guys know that I'm a huge fan of the Miz, I spend every day of my life talking the best I can about him and I only have good things to say and so of course I do want to see Miz walk out as champion however I just don't see it happening this time round. Now, as long as the WWE can keep both these stars booked well and right I don't have a problem with the end result (even though it hurts my soul seeing the Miz drop his championship). What do I think we can expect from the match? Honestly, I don't see this being the match of the year but it has potential and I know I always say it but if they're given enough time, around the twenty minuet mark maybe, then this could be a really really good match and honestly if the WWE want to get Jordan over and convince fans him being champion is the right move then he really does need to kill it on Sunday night and show the world just how damn good he is in that ring.

And finally, a match I don't have much interest in but Ill run over it anyway, the big show VS Big Cass. The match will see Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a cage. I've briefly touched on this already but I'm really not feeling this match. I like the idea and I think it was a good way to get all three superstars involved in the match and the pay per view but I'm not expecting this to be anything special and it's likely to be my little bathroom break. I think there will be a couple of cool spots that will look really good but overall this won't be the match of the night at all. Who gets the win? I'm gonna go with Big Cass on this one. They're building him up to be a big star and a victory this weekend will give him the momentum he needs but after all, it's SummerSlam and I wouldn't be surprised to see the baby face go over this time round.

And there we have it. Those are my final predictions for this Sunday's SummerSlam pay per view. I know this week has been all about prediction posts but things will return to normal in a couple of weeks when the event is total over with. I am going to be reviewing both NXT Takeover and Summerslam over the next few days so keep an eye out for those.  I will of course be live tweeting throughout both shows. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow, and finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both SummerSlam and NXT takeover by leaving a comment or tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts