Women not Competing in Mae Young Classic that Should Be

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I hope you are all well and good and have had a good week! So we have reached the end of yet another week and its time to upload my final post of this week! I'm actually writing this on the Monday because I have a heck of a lot of pre posting to do for next week because as I've already said in previous posts, with it being my birthday next Friday, having family come and being so busy doing so much I just doubt I'm going to have the time to actually write throughout next week so it's going to be a long few days ahead. Anyway, lets back on topic, this Summer another WWE tournament will take place and with the cruiser weights and British talent having their spotlight its now time for the women to take center stage in the first ever WWE Mae Young classic tournament. The event will see thirty two women from around the world compete in a must see tournament and with Jim Ross and Lita on commentary and the first full time female referee in  the WWE set to all be apart of the event this is something you don't wanna miss out on ! I have already spoken about the tournament in previous posts including a list featuring my favorite seven competitors witch I will link bellow at the end of the post today. I am planning on writing more about the tournament including reviews when the event kick starts properly and of course I will be tweeting my opinions on  each show. Today, however, we are going to be focusing on the women that are not competing this Summer. The post today will be listing the five women I believe should have been given a place in this tournament that unfortunately have not. Initially, I wasn't too sure whether or not to upload this post but its one I'm  super passionate about an d really wanted to get done. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and who you think should have been added to the tournament by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Nixon Newel

Kick starting things off in today's blog post is Nixon Newel. Honestly, I'm really surprised Nixon
wasn't added to the Mae Young Classic. Such a big up and coming name Nixon Newel has spent the past couple of years breaking out in the world of pro wrestling and what an impact she has been making. Competing around the world, the UK bread star has been proving herself time and time again working strong matches and improving her character development every time we see her compete. Personally, I only started watching Nixon around a year ago but she has been a talent I have wanted to watch more of and learn more about and so that is exactly what I have done. At only twenty two years old Nixon is still so young and so new to the industry meaning there is plenty of time for her to go out and start competing for so many other promotions around the world effectively gaining more popularity, experience and and improving in the ring. Over the past year Nixon really has broken out in the industry. Her matches over in WCPW were the first I had seen of her and honestly I was super impressed. It was the first I had seen of her and knowing she was so young she nailed it. Her move set is seriously impressive, performing risky moves that look and are genuinely dangerous and fun to watch. She does have some character work to do but the more we see of her and the more experience shes gets the better. Earlier in the year there were plenty of rumpus surrounding Nixon  Newell and her signing with the WWE. After attending a tryout a few months back, Nixon looked to be making her way to NXT but I personally haven't heard any developments. If she is now working under the NXT roster for live shows and training at the performance center than damn good for her but the last time I looked she was still wrestling across the indie scene. However, regardless on whether she is signed yet or not Nixon Newell is someone I really was hoping to see in the Mae Young Classic. She's a young up and coming star with plenty of momentum, a loyal fan base and talent that shows she has clear amazing potential and honestly, there are so many women I'm confident she could have had great matches with in this tournament and the tournament itself would have been a great way to get her name out there even more and for her to really showcase her talents to the world on a bigger stage.

LuFisto

When I was taking my notes for this post I honestly realized that I actually don't spend a lot of time talking about female wrestlers outside of the WWE and it's something I really want to change. The next women I'm going to be talking about in today's blog post is actually the women that inspired me to write this post in the first place. LuFisto is someone I haven't spoken about at all here on my blog or on social media but she's a talent I have been totally obsessed with for the past few months. It was a while back that I was sitting at my grandparents, staying the night I didn't really have anything to do and so I hopped onto YouTube and started  binge watching a load of wrestling matches. Eventually I stumbled across LuFisto. Someone I have previously watched and heard of this is a talent that I have come across a few times here and there but because of her not competing for big mainstream promotions she's not a name I see pop up often. However, after watching so many of her matches I have to say I'm really impressed and again I'm surprised she's not a women that the WWE snapped up and added to the Mae Young classic. I get that she's not a massively popular name but all you have to do is watch her compete and it's made so perfectly clear that she belongs in a tournament like this. She has a completely different look, her talent in the ring is amazing and she really has competed against some of the best male and female wrestlers across the indie scene. If you haven't heard of her or know much of her work I seriously advise that you go and check her out as soon as you finish reading this post! An interesting character, fun to watch talent, an experienced pro wrestler, LuFisto is one to add to your to watch list.


Ivelisse

Up next is a women I have written about quite a bit in the past here on my blog. Ivelisse is someone that I have said time and time again is one of my favourite wrestlers in the world today and I honestly love sitting here and writing about her work just as much as I enjoy watching it. A well experienced, amazingly talented female competitor Ivelisse is a women that has been paving the way and raising the bar for a few years now and it's her run in Lucha Underground that has had me most impressed. Prior to arriving in Lucha Underground, Ivelisse had worked for several wrestling promotions including both TNA and WWE where she remained as part of the FCW/ NXT roster for around two years or so. I remember watching her in FCW and NXT and being so excited about her future in the company. While she didn't have as many opportunities to really show the world what she could do her potential was so so clear. Working under the ring name Sofia Cortez she spent a great deal of time working alongside Paige and during that time the pair were bringing something completely different to the table. Their anti diva look and character had them standing out massively and personally I was so excited to see where and how  their characters would develop in the future. Of course things didn't go as far for Sofia and it's her work in Lucha Underground that has pushed her name in further and highlighted her as the brilliant in ring talent that she is. Considering her history with the WWE, her popularity and sheer talent I was honestly surprised to see her not apart of the Mae Young Classic this year. Of course I understand that there were probably contract reasons that contributed to why she could not take part but there is no denying that if this tournament is based on the best female competitors in the world that Ivelisse should most certainly be apart of such an event. Again, the dream matches are endless! I know I would have paid serious money to see her go one on one with the likes of Shayna Baszler, Tessa Blanchard, Candice La Rae, Kay Lee Ray and more on such a big stage.


Sexy Star

I know I  know, yet another Lucha Underground star is up next featuring in today's blog post but honestly I don't think there is another women I honestly believe should be competing in this tournament any more than Sexy Star. Again, this is a talent that has popped up in previous blog posts over the years and I'm confident I'll be writing about her even more in the future. A fantastic in ring performer, Sexy Star is yet another female competitor raising the bar, paving the way and setting the standards for women's wrestling all around the world. In particular, last year there were a number of matches that I watched her compete in that honestly left me so massively inspired. I was genuinely watching and thinking wow, I wanna do what she is doing. Of course I will never have the crazy athletic skill Sexy Star poses but hey, its nice to dream and aspire. Anyway, my point is, Sexy Star is such a heavy influence in the world of pro wrestling a brilliant role model for women in a sport that still remains so male dominated and its one of many reasons why i would have loved to have seen her compete in the Mae Young Classic. Yet again, just like pretty much all the women in this post today I'm sure contract reasons are exactly why Star was not added to the tournament however, it really is such a shame and I strongly feel as though looking at the line up there is a place for her in this tournament. Thinking about her competing against the likes of Shayna Baszler, Tessa Blanchard, Candice La Rae and so many more in this tournament has me so excited and it's such a shame it wont be happening. Like I said, there is one hundred and ten percent a place for her in this event and there is no doubt that she would bringing something to the table that no other women would be bringing.

Deonna Purrazzo

Finally is a women that again I've spoken about here and there on my blog and over on social media. Deonna Purrazzo is honestly someone that I haven't really been the biggest fan of until recently. What I had seen from her during her on and off time in the WWE wasn't' really anything that grabbed my attention or gave me a reason to go and do more research on her.  Throughout two thousand and sixteen Deonna competed in several NXT squash matches putting over bigger names on the roster including Nia Jax and Asuka. Later in the year she was also rumored to be working as the masked women helping Alexa Bliss which eventually would be revealed as Mickie James. I've occasionally written about here on my blog and over on twitter but they really have been just passing comments. Over the past couple of months however, I have actually gone and watched some of her work and I have to say I'm actually becoming a little fan. He may not be the best female wrestler in the world and her talent isn't up there with many of the names I have spoken about today but I do still feel as though she deserves a place in the Mae Young classic. At this point she's a popular name, has worked for the WWE on several different occasions and lets be honest, shes a pretty damn good in ring performer. After watching so much of her work (both the good and the not so good) I have to say that I have genuinely enjoyed a couple of the matches I have watched Purrazzo compete in and honestly I can totally see her potential. Competing in the Mae Young classic would have allowed her to really show the WWE Universe just how good she is as an in ring performer and that she really is so much more than a jobber and has actual talent that deserves to be recognized. Although she is not apart of the tournament I'm hoping that at some point she is able to work as part of the NXT roster full time and work on building up to having a good solid WWE career.

And there we have it! That is my list. I've been so busy recently that I honestly didn't think I would get this post done! But I'm glad I did and I hope you guys enjoyed it. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and who you think should have been added to the tournament by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts