5 Superstars Likely to Change Brands after SummerSlam

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I hope you are all well and good and are of course having a good week! So Yesterday I uploaded my "Last Week in Wrestling" post and as always it went down really and and I of course had a really fun time writing it. In that post I spoke about the rumors regarding another brand split taking place weeks after the SummerSlam pay per view and I mentioned that I had plans on writing a post talking about the topic in more detail and that is exactly what I have for you today. Since the last Superstar shake up a lot has happened, from title changes, new general managers, to brand new faces taking center stage, arriving on the scene and becoming top faces of their divison and brand. However, there are a group of male and female superstars who so clearly are working on the wrong show and in today's blog post we are going to be taking a little look into that as I count down five Superstars that must change brands after SummerSlam (keeping in mind if the superstar shake up does even happen). I am also going to be talking about a couple of superstars down in NXT I believe could join the main roster within the next couple of months, that little part of the post will be in between and during the end. In Yesterday's little post I also spoke about another rumor that involves main roster superstar moving down to NXT and so this time next week a post listing five superstars I believe should go to NXT will also be uploaded. I also have some NJPW and SummerSlam content coming up as well over the next few weeks. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow including part one of my top ten WWE Matches of the year so far (part one). Finally, you can let me know who you think should change brands after SummerSlam by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 


Emma

First up in today's blog post is someone I really wasn't sure about whether or not to include. While there is every reason for them to switch brands after the Summer we have recently seen hints on them having a new direction and story following the months after SummerSlam. However, when I first started taking my notes on this post this was a story that hadn't been kick started and there were no rumors of it even being a thing and so I have decided to keep Emma in today's post and here is why. Since I started my blog I have spent a lot of time talking about Emma in a number of different posts. More recently I have had a lot of discussions both her on my blog and over on social media in regards to Emma and how the WWE continue to treat her. Now, I can understand why they may have had their doubts in the past. Her previous character was very childlike and while it has proven to work in the past she was limited and seeing what she does now really does highlight just how charismatic she really is and this time round we cans see that she really is capable of doing so much more beyond her in ring work. She adapted to her new character extremely well and it was an easy transition for her. A natural heel it comes easy for Emma to come across like a manipulative, calculative user and there really is so much the WWE can do with her now. However, they continue to make mistakes and it's such a shame. The RAW women's divison has so much brilliant talent and it would be so easy to push Emma and have her make an impact, all they need to do is randomly stick her in a twenty minuet match against the likes of Sasha Banks and shes going to turn heads. She has proven time and time again to be over the with fans. From her time in NXT to this day fans from around the world cannot stop talking about her and she manages to pick up a decent reaction whenever she is put on our screens and if she was given the chance to show what she can really do in the ring her popularity would see a massive increase. Throughout the past few months Emma has spent a lot of time on social media expressing her frustrations with the company and how poorly used she has been. We all know and she herself knows that she is worthy of so much more than she gets and with hers and the fans frustrations being so clear the WWE really do need to consider changing things up. During last weeks episode of Monday night RAW a backstage segment between Emma and Kurt Angle hinted that there may be a romantic storyline between Jason Jordan and Emma happening within the coming months and while I see its potential with both superstars needed something to get themselves over (not to mention that Emma playing the manipulative girlfriend using the GM's son to get further in her career is a decent storyline) I'd much rather see something more and see the WWE trust Emma enough to go out there and own it on her own. A move to Smackdown LIVE may be just what she needs. Upon her return I did think that they would have her move over to SD LIVE anyway but it never happened, several months later and I still believe the blue brand should become her new home. A place were the female talent is treated so differently and each women is given the time in the spotlight this is the perfect place for her and honestly, if there is another superstar shakeup after SummerSlam then Emma should be one of the first names considered for a move.

Finn Balor

Up next is a superstar who unfortunately and surprisingly I haven't been talking about much over the past couple of months. It was almost a year ago that Finn Balor was injured during his WWE Universal Championship match between Seth Rollins at the two thousand and sixteen SummerSlam match. While he was gone for several months Balor was able to keep his name on everyone's lips and we all sat back and anticipated his return to action. For such a long time now Finn has been a huge name in the wrestling world and since arriving in the WWE there has never been any doubts that he will make it as a big time name and work as one of the faces of this generation. We all including myself believed that upon his return Balor would bounce right back perfectly fine. We'd see him compete in those epic matches worthy of being listed as some of the best of the year and would find himself competing in the standout feuds and storyline's the WWE had to offer. However, that isn't really how things have planned out and I have been pretty surprised. Don't get me wrong, he has competed in some great matches since his return including a brilliant triple threat between The Miz and Seth Rollins which I have spoken about already in a blog post this week (the link for that will be bellow) however, the most we have seen from him is a storyline with Elias Samson and while I again see the benefits and understand why it has been done it's just not enough and when we all were led to believe that he could be challenging Brock Lesnar for the title he never lost it's just been such a disappointment and real shame that they have moved Balor away from the title picture. Of course, at some point he will be back there but in all honesty I'm struggling to enjoy anything the WWE are involving him in. His currently building a feud with Bray Wyatt that lacks originality and its because of that I really don't have much of an interest. Sure their matches are bound to be strong but the story itself is one that is going to be difficult to have fans invested in. Looking ahead a move to the Smackdown LIVE roster may just be the best bet for Balor. I hate to say it but despite all the brilliant talent on RAW there is nothing for Balor there right now while there is in fact plenty of opportunities for him over on Smackdown. Feuds against the likes of AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, John Cena, Randy Orton (if he is stays there) and more make for a bright future for Balor and a far more interesting one.

Naomi 

I know that as I write this post and as I upload it today, Naomi is the current Smackdown LIVE women's champion, however, I still really do believe she needs to be in this post. Originally, when I was writing my notes for this post I had no idea who I really believed needed to have a little move around if another superstar shake up was to happen. There were so many names, especially in the women's divison for both shows, Naomi was a name that once I thought of I really did stick with and the more I looked into why she should be moved the more I was keen on the idea and so here I am now. Since the brand extension last year Naomi has been one of the superstars to benefit the most. Afters years of being mistreated and underutilized by the WWE she was finally given her chance to shine and earlier this year was crowned the third Smackdown LIVE women's champion. A joyous moment, as a long time fan of Naomi it was amazing seeing her finally being given a chance, an opportunity and a championship. A worthy title holder this had been the moment fans had been waiting for for such a long time and it seeing her finally capture gold was just amazing! However, I've been left pretty disappointed with her title run. It was great to see her recapture the title at Wrestlemania in her home town but apart from that I haven't been massively entertained by her run. There hasn't really been any standout matches, her storyline's have been pretty basic and I haven't been as entertained with her work as I have been the likes of Carmella for example. Now, I do believe that Naomi could so easily change things around. She's such an amazing talent and I love everything she stands for her. The moment they give her the right opponent and enough time to compete than we're going to be treated to one epic match up. The WWE did have the potential to give us just that with SummerSlam if they had booked her in a match against Charlotte. Now, don't get me wrong Naomi VS Natalya has all the potential in the world to be a great match up if done right and again, given the time but nothing in comparison. Now, personally, I'm expecting Naomi to drop the title to Natalya at SummerSlam. I doubt a cash in will happen if Nattie does win but if Naomi retains then maybe just maybe we could see Carmella walk out of SummerSlam as the new champion. Either way, my whole point is I don't believe Naomi will still be champion after this pay per view and so what happens after. Sure she will remain involved in a storyline competing to get her title back but in the long run I am hoping to see her move to RAW. There are plenty of opportunities there and honestly the fresh start is exactly what she needs and would totally benefit from.

Seth Rollins

I know this next one is likely to divide opinion but honestly Seth Rollins was the very first superstar I thought of for this post and one of the main inspirations behind it. For weeks if not months now I have been tweeting out and mentioning in blog posts that I really do feel as thought Seth Rollins is in desperate need of moving over to Smackdown LIVE. A part of me did feel as though he should have moved during the last Superstar Shake up and while it wasn't the biggest of surprises that he remained as part of the RAW roster however it didn't really feel like the right decision. After defeating Triple H at Wrestlemania and no real need for the feud to continue not to mention both Hunter and Stephanie McMahon would be taking some time away from TV and so moving to Smackdown LIVE to kick start a new beginning on roster full other a whole different batch of superstars, potential storyline's and new feuds. Since the superstar shake up there hasn't really been anything working for Rollins. His feud with Samoa Joe earlier on in the year was weak despite the strong matches they competed in and while he continues to work as a huge part of the RAW roster he's beginning to get lost and honestly there really is nothing for him right now. Over the past few weeks we have seen Rollins look to gain the trust back from Dean Ambrose as the pair both very clearly have their eyes set on the Intercontinental championship. This whole thing has been a little all over the place. There are now rumors that the WWE plan to have Ambrose and Rollins chase after the tag team titles which I hope they don't go ahead with and while I would love for Rollins to challenge the Miz one on one for the title at SummerSlam I can see the WWE going with Ambrose turning on Rollins the same way Rollins turned on him a few years back setting up a triple threat match for the IC title at SummerSlam. Of course all of this works out and I'm sure the match would be great not to mention that I really do think Rollins would make a brilliant Intercontinental champion however looking in the long run the best option for Rollins is to walk out of SummerSlam without a title around his waist and eventually move over to Smackdown LIVE. He and Ambrose can have a couple of matches here and there in the weeks after but think about it, Rollins moves to Smackdown LIVE and we get to see him face off against the likes of AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura or work a feud as big baby face against Baron Corbin (who he could seriously help), Kevin Owens chasing after the US title or Jinder Mahal for example. Just like everyone else on this list, Rollins is need of a fresh start. His storyline's and feuds have been far too weak over the past few months and Smackdown LIVE offers a brand new start.

Randy Orton

Honestly, I had quite a few names I wanted to include in this blog post, I'll get into those during the conclusion but in the end I had to narrow it down to just five and I have decided that Randy Orton will be the last superstar I'll be talking about today. To be honest, Orton wasn't a name I first had in
mind but it totally makes sense. He's just finished up a story with Jinder Mahal and while it wasn't the most popular amongst fans in my personal opinion I'm glad Jinder was able to be made into a star and given some momentum. However, where does that leave Randy? Looking at the roster there is great potential for some decent storyline's. Work with the likes of Rusev or Mike Kanellis spring to mind and even though I'm confident that these would make decent feuds and you could get some solid matches between the superstars it's clear that Orton needs to move on, start fresh and welcome new competition. If he heads over to Monday night RAW new opportunities  await him. If superstars such as Samoa Joe and Finn Balor remain on RAW then there is something totally new and exciting for Orton waiting just there not to mention a collision with Braun Strowman is one that I'd have a certain degree of interest in. Throughout the whole year I have spent a serious amount of time complaining about Orton. His work has come across lazy and honestly I've struggled to have an interest in any storyline, feud, or match he has been apart of and I'm hoping that he is moved over to RAW so that he can he be given the chance to change that around and find himself involved in something that fans can truly get behind and enjoy.

And there we go! That is the end of my blog post today. As I just mentioned, there were other names I wanted to mention today including the likes of Nia Jax, MoJo Rawley and Bayley but I'll be touching on that in future blog posts. Talking of the future, next week I will also be uploading a top five list of superstars I believe should be moved to NXT following the rumors there! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow including part one of my top ten WWE Matches of the year so far (part one). Finally, you can let me know who you think should change brands after SummerSlam by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent Blog Posts:
5 WWE Superstars Who Make better Heels
Top 10 WWE Matches of the Year so Far (Part 2)
Last Week in Wrestling

Comments

Popular Posts