RAW After SummerSlam: Biggest Talking Points

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and are having a great start to the week. So a few days back I hopped right back onto my laptop and got into the swing of my usual routine after taking a whole week off to celebrate my nineteenth birthday and while I would do anything to go back to last week where I was full of lay ins, days out, bad food and loads of alcohol I'll admit that it does feel good to be fully back into the world of pro wrestling and writing as per usual. It has of course been difficult finding a balance and getting back into everything properly but I'm getting there. So far I have uploaded a full NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and reactions post and yesterday I was able to bring you my first in a three part review of the two thousand and seventeen SummerSlam pay per view. Later in the week I do have parts two and three going up so make sure to keep an eye out for those! Today however we are going to be focusing on last nights sure, the first episode of Monday night RAW following SummerSlam and after what we saw on Sunday night I was actually super excited for the show. I tweeted out last night thats its so rare that I find myself genuinely excited for an episode of Monday night RAW but I was pumped and ready for some wrestling at one am... okay so I was fighting through tired eyes but still. In today's blog post I'm going to be running through some of the highlight moments of the night touching on the biggest talking points of the night. As always, I will be live tweeting later on tonight during Smackdown LIVE and a similar post will be uploaded this time tomorrow. Any recent blog posts including my NXT Takeover Brooklyn III review and SummerSlam highlights will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of those two shows and last nights RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet @TezangiVictoria.

Braun Strowman for Universal Champion

On Sunday night we got one hell of a main event that saw Brock Lesnar defend his WWE Universal Championship in a huge fatal four way against Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, and Braun Strowman. The championship match was an easy potential match of the year candidate and it was a fantastic way to close the SummerSlam pay per view. Every single superstar competing had a fantastic performance with the exception of one man taking center stage just that little more which we will get into a little bit more in a second. Last nights episode of Monday night RAW kick started with the beast himself who rocked a pretty noticeable smile after successfully defending his title the night before.  As expected Heyman took to the might to discuss the events of the previous night and the crowd were hanging on every single word. Personally, I really liked the fact the show opened with Lesnar and Heyman. Brock had a brilliant showing at SummerSlam and despite taking the beatings of all beatings he was able to still walk out champion. I wasn't expecting him to kick start RAW last night so it was a really nice surprise and as I have mentioned before, whenever Lesnar is on a show the show feels bigger and far more must see and his presence on RAW last night made the show feel so much bigger. He was however interrupted moments later by the one and only Braun Strowman. Honestly, his music hit and I was up from my seat. I really do believe I'm the biggest Strowman fan alive. I've honestly spent the past year becoming more and more obsessed with him as the months have gone by and rightfully so. In the space of just twelve months Braun has gone from the guy we payed next to no attention to to the one of the leading faces of the WWE today. After his performance on Sunday I was left desperate to see Strowman and Lesnar go one on one for the title. The monster among men has proved himself time and time again and after what saw from him at SummerSlam we are now looking at a man who is beyond fit to be champion. The crowd reaction he picked up last night spoke volumes. Before even laying a finger on Lesnar the crowd were up on their feet cheering for Strowman and rightfully so. Moments later Braun was once again man handling Lesnar with the champ literally getting next to no offense. Yet again, Strowman was in full control and for the first time ever Lesnar was the weaker man and failed for a second night in a row to take down the monster among men. Standing tall, Strowman held the title in his hands above his head and again the crowd reaction said it all, Braun Strowman is our next Universal Champion. It's the feud and match I've been waiting for for months and finally at the No Mercy pay per view Brock Lesnar will finally go one on none against Braun Strowman defending his Universal Championship.


Big Cass suffers Big Injury

If you read part one of my SummerSlam review yesterday or follow me over on twitter you will know that the match I was least looking forward to on the night and least enjoyed was the singles match up between Big Show and Big Cass with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a shark cage. The match was one of the worse of the night and hands down the worse of the main show. Big Cass however remained someone I was impressed with. The WWE could be dong a little more with him but the pace of his push has been right and he is getting the Strowman build in certain ways, slower paced but for sure set to move onto bigger things in months to come. Big Cass also has to be applauded for doing everything he can right now and doing it so so well. However, things may be looking to slow down for Big Cass massively after last night the former NXT star suffered a knee injury during a street fight against Enzo Amore. So far we haven't heard many updates but he was spotted using crutches backstage. Honestly, i really do hope he will be okay. Cass has been on a role since his splitting with former tag team partner Enzo and he is forever showing improvements and developments as a character and in the ring and I really do believe he has it in him to be a huge star and go on to achieve great things as a big singles star in the WWE. Best wishes to Cass and hopefully he has a speedy and healthy recovery.


John Cena Arrives on Monday night RAW

A month or so back prior to his Smackdown LIVE return it was announced that sixteen time champion John Cena will now be working as a free agent meaning that he would be able to compete on both Smackdown LIVE and Monday night RAW. Before the show started last night RAW general manager Kurt Angle made the announcement that a big Superstar will be arriving to the show and of course me being me went and got my hopes up that the glorious one Bobby Roode would make his way to Monday night RAW after rumors surfacing that he was backstage during the show last night. However, during the middle point of the show Angle introduced sixteen time world champion John Cena to the RAW roster welcoming him back to RAW after over a year away from the brand. Honest opinion? I didn't really care too much. I was disappointing that we didn't get Roode last night but I totally forgot about Cena being a free agent and the rumors that he would be making an appearance on RAW the night after SummerSlam. I was also still massively frustrated that he had buried Corbin the night before in the opening match of the biggest pay per view of the Summer. His arrival on RAW only made me even more angry. It proved that he didn't need to get that win on Sunday at all and it would have done him no harm what so ever to take the loss at SummerSlam and out Corbin over since he was heading over to a different brand less than twenty four hours later anyway. The segment Cena took part in last night however I did enjoy. He very quickly made it clear that he has had his eyes on a RAW superstar for quite some time and the moment those words came out of his mouth I knew what was coming. A feud between Cena and Roman Reigns is something I'm pretty damn confident Vince McMahon has regular wet dreams about. I tweeted out last night however, that while I'm not really a fan of either Roman Reigns or John Cena their feud is money and it's something I can totally invest my time into. The segment we saw between them last night proved everything the WWE thought. It got a reaction. The crowd didn't know who to boo louder. We had two of the most disliked stars of the WWE both of today and possibly of all time but they are two stars that pick up the biggest reaction from every crowd week in and week out and I can honestly say that I cannot wait to see them collide one on one in the near future.

The segment did have a third member however. The Miz soon made an appearance, took the mic and once again made a huge impact. I don't want to say the same thing over and over again but the Miz really is one of the standout stars of the WWE right now. He's an  all round performer with his ring work, character and mic work some of the best we see from anyone and last night he had it all on show perfectly. He had something to say to Reigns, Cena and the fans and I was there shaking my head in agreement to every singe thing he had to say. He raised the point that he has been working his ass off for years and has proven to be worthy and deserving of bigger opportunities yet they are thrown to unworthy stars like Cena and Reigns every single week and its true. I love the chemistry between Cena and Miz and so I really enjoyed this segment ten times more when the IC champ joined the party. Samoa Joe also came along and moments later we got the news the news that the Miz and Samoa Joe will team up t take on Roman Reigns and John Cena in the nights main event. The match there saw Cena and Reigns pick up the win of course which only further proved Miz's point. I saw it coming but I was still mad and disappointed.


Dream Tag team match Makes my Life

The SummerSlam pay per view saw many awesome matches and even a couple of potential standouts of the year. However, there was one match that stood out more than any other. The RAW tag team championship match between Sheamus and Cesaro and former Shield brothers Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins. I will be talking about this match in much more detail later in the week so keep an eye our for that but it was easily one of if not the match of the night and I was beyond delighted to see Ambrose and Rollins walk out the pay per view as champions. It was also pretty awesome to see
Ambrose make history. As promised during the show last night, the new champs were set to make an appearance and after picking up a huge reaction from the crowd they welcomed any competition from the back and just when you thought things could not get any better the Hardy Boyz showed up..This for me and so many others is a dream match. The Shield vs the Hardys screams money and I was super excited. The two teams eventually went head to head in a non title match which would of course steal the show. I was completely hooked throughout the match and I loved every single bit of action that we got. It was a dream match that didn't disappoint and totally was a highlight of the show. I would love to see the two teams collide in the future in an even bigger match on pay per view and a story actually being told this time round. Throughout the match we saw the cameras cut to the former champions Sheamus and Cesaro who were watching the action backstage so we can safely assume things there between them and Ambrose and Rollins are far from over and after what we saw from the two teams on Sunday I'm excited and interested for their rematch.

It feels pretty damn good to be able to sit here and say that I honestly enjoyed this weeks episode of Monday night RAW. I was expecting the show to be a good considering it was the fallout to SummerSlam but I really did enjoy everything. It all made sense and the booking was right the whole way through almost. I'm interested to see what will go down next week as we look to see the No Mercy pay per view card build and Alexa Bliss is also set to have her rematch against Sasha banks for the RAW Women's championship. As always, I will be live tweeting later on tonight during Smackdown LIVE and a similar post will be uploaded this time tomorrow. Any recent blog posts including my NXT Takeover Brooklyn III review and SummerSlam highlights will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of those two shows and last nights RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet @TezangiVictoria.


Recent Blog Posts:

Comments

Popular Posts