WWE Extreme Rules Predictions: The Miz VS Sami Zayn VS Kevin Owens VS Cesaro

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Payback may feel like it has just ended but this weekend we have a whole new show to excited about as the two thousand and sixteen Extreme Rules pay per view takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The event will see Roman Reigns and AJ Styles main event once again as they compete for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and this time anything goes. Following their huge battle at Payback both Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon agreed that Styles deserved a rematch and booked the match three months ahead. We will also see Charlotte and Natalya do battle one more time for the WWE Women's championship in a submission match. And can Kalisto and the New Day keep hold of their gold when they put their title's on the line against former NXT Superstars? All week long here on Talk Wrestling World I will be providing you with full length, in depth prediction posts for every single match on the main card. As usual I will not be writing anything predictions for any matches scheduled for the kick off show as usual but I will comment on them in my Extreme Rules Review and Reactions witch will be uploaded the following morning. On the day of the pay per view I will be uploading my support pictures and of course all night and day I will be live tweeting. Along with any recent blog post (including my latest RAW Review and Reactions post) I will also be linking my social media links bellow at the end of the post. And finally, you can have your say and let me know what your predictions are for every match on the Extreme Rules card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This up and coming Sunday The Miz will defend his Intercontinental Championship in a star studded cast line up. Taking on Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Cesaro the Miz doesn't need to be pinned to be walking of New Jersey without his Intercontinental Championship. As one of the most unpredictable matches on this years Extreme Rules card the blockbuster Fatal four-way will be one no one will want to miss with the possibility of literally any of these superstars being crowned champion by the end of the night.

If any of you follow me on twitter you may have seen me comment a thew Sundays back that I would love to see a fatal four way between these four superstars after they were all included in the same segment at the WWE Payback pay per view. Fast forward to now and my dreams have come true. It was at the Payback pay per view that these four superstars first all set their eyes on the Intercontinental Championship. On the night the Miz was defending his title against the then number one contender Cesaro and while the two were putting on a solid championship match, outside interference meant that the Miz picked up an unfair win retaining his championship. After the match every superstar in the frame (Kevin Owens, Cesaro, the Miz and, Sami Zayn) all had their eyes on one thing, the Intercontinental Championship. The following night on RAW Cesaro and Kevin Owens pitted there argument against Stephanie and Shane McMahon both arguing that they were the one who had a rightful shot at the title. While Cesaro mentioned that he never got fair shot the night before due to outside interference while Kevin Ownes once again made it clear that he still had a rightful rematch. Both valid arguments Stephanie and Shane booked  a one on one number one contenders match between the two. As we had seen in the pas the two superstars very early on delivered a strong performance and a fantastic match was growing by the second. However, the Miz wouldn't take too long to get involved and as a result the match ended in disqualification. When the superstars broke out in a brawl Sami Zayn came down to join the party and a potential fatal four way was once again put on the table.

Two weeks ago Stephanie and Shane McMahon announced during a backstage segment that a triple threat would take place for the IC Championship but Sami Zayn had another offer. Requesting that he faced the Miz later in the show if he won that match than he would earn a championship opportunity and the triple threat would turn into a fatal four way. Later on, a solid match between the two was delivered and after defeating the Miz clean on RAW a fatal four way of course created.

Here is what I wrote about the Miz in last months WWE Payback prediction post:
The night after Wrestlemania is always a huge and must see show. It guarantees surprises, debuts, and of course title changes. This year we saw Zack Ryder put he's Intercontinental Championship on the line against the Miz only twenty four hours of winning the title at Wrestlemania. The match itself was far from the best I had ever seen however both superstars put on a decent bout and I sure was left very entertained. Both the Miz and Zack Ryder went toe to toe and it was perfectly clear how badly they each wanted to walk out of Dallas with the championship. After things grew personal when the Miz faced off with Ryder's father former WWE Divas Champion and wife of the Miz Maryse made her return and it was her little distraction that allowed her husband to defeat Ryder for the championship and in the process become a five time, yes five time, Intercontinental champion.If you have been reading my posts here on this blog over the past couple of months or so than you will know that I'm actually a really big fan of the The Miz. He's someone that I have always been entertained by and someone who I have spoke about a lot of over the years. He's also a superstar who I have highlighted as one of the most underrated and underutilised in the WWE today. He's mic skills are insane and he's ability to entertain week in and week out is like no over. Yes he has had a taste of what it is like to be at the top but in recent years he really has struggled to find himself maintaining momentum and taking the same bookings he did five years ago or so. However, saying that, twenty sixteen has so far been shaping up to be a pretty good year for the Miz. I mentioned back in February that I felt as though he was slowly getting back on the right tracks with his booking slowly improving. We saw him compete in a couple of solid matches against both AJ Styles and Chris Jericho that I mentioned a couple of times here on my blog and we have seen several entertaining episodes of Miz TV, witch I have actually enjoyed way more than I was expecting too. Talking of Miz TV I need to quickly say just how much of a great job he has been doing with that, I honestly have seriously enjoyed so many editions of Miz TV and that has to be highlighted.
The night that saw Miz capture the Intercontinental Championship was an interesting one. I know there were so many people who were not happy to see Zack Ryder drop the title only twenty four hours after winning it at Mania but I know for a fact I was not the only one who was expecting it to happen. I predicted the moment he won the championship that he would loose it the following  night the moment he won it, did I think he would be loosing it to the Miz of all superstars? No, not at all. I had Baron Corbin or Kevin Owens actually in mind rather than the Miz but with Maryse making her return on the night and the story Miz and Ryder were able to tell during their little segment was enough to make this work and enough for me to jump on board and like the whole idea. For the first time in a long time it does actually feel like the WWE have a good direction and plan for the Miz. He's alliance with he's wife is perfect. Of course they have brilliant chemistry and work so amazingly well together. When you pair them together on TV you can just see the potential they have. It's clear that the WWE really could do something special with these guys in the long run and the storyline's they can pull off with them working as a duo can be very very strong. Hopefully, regardless of what happens this Sunday the WWE keep booking Miz well and they push his storyline's to the limit because he really does deserve it.

This is a match that I am very very interested in and it is one of the matches I am most excited about watching. The standard of this bout is so so high and everyone is expecting something brilliant. We have four extremely talented superstars who are all capable of putting on fantastic performance and match. For me personally, this is a dream match and I don't doubt for a single second that these guys will put on one of the best if not the best match of the night. We have seen all four of these superstars put on phenomenal matches and when you put them all together in the same ring at the same time you are sure to get something very special and very memorable. I do think this is going to be an interesting one and what I love is this is by far the most unpredictable  match on the card, any one of these superstars could walk out as champion and that just gives me another reason to be very very
excited about this match. There is also a lot of story and character in this making it a true must see. As for my personal favourite I have to go with Sami Zayn. I'm a fan of every single one of these superstars and I would be happy to see any of them walk out as champion.  To be fair any of these guys could be crowned the IC champion and not only would it make sense  but there would be plenty for them to do. There is a part of me that believes that there is still plenty that the Miz has left to do as champion especially with Maryse by his side. Their alliance means that there are plenty of doors open for them and for the Miz as champion.Throughout his reign the Miz has actually been on fire. We have seen great matches and performances and his character has gone from strength to strength. However, there is also a hug possibility that Cesaro or Sami Zayn could be given the chance to have a run as champion for two different reasons. I have also mentioned recently that Cesaro, Kevin Owens, and Sami will are all favourites for this years Mr Money in the bank so there is that to also consider.

As always you can have your say and let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts