WWE Monday Night RAW Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Now, I know that usually Tuesday see me upload a RAW Review and Reactions post but today I thought I would introduce something a little different. As I have mentioned before, it can be very difficult for me to write and upload a RAW review every week here on my blog mainly because of the timing. I stay awake every Monday until four AM and sometimes I will write the review throughout the show, sometimes I will write it after the show and other times I will write the review the following morning when I wake. No matter how I write the post I am often left very very tired and unhappy with how the post sounds because of how tired I was while writing and how much I rushed it. So I thought that I would start something a little different by introducing RAW highlight posts. So instead of reviewing every single match, promo, and segment from the show I will take out five highlights and talk about them a little. I am planning on seeing how this goes down this week and if you guys like it than I will be doing these posts every other week so you will still get to see full length Monday night RAW Review and Reactions posts. I may also do this for pay per view depending on what you guys think. The huge news sent the internet wrestling community crazy and all week long I have been watching videos and listening to podcast that delivered mock drafts, keeping me very very entertained if I must say so. I am planning on writing up a couple of blog posts disguising the brand split including a list of five WWE Superstars that will benefit the most from the new brand split. If you have any request as to what blog posts you would like to see regarding the brand split and live Smackdown let me know down in the comments section bellow. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of this weeks show by either leaving a comment in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Gallows and Anderson target the tag team champions 


The opening match of last nights show saw the WWE Tag team champions take on their bitter rivals, the Vaudevillians. Over the past month we have seen the former NXT Tag Team champions target the New Day and their tag team titles and after competing for the championships earlier in the month at the Extreme Rules pay per view the stars of the new era were far from backing way from another opportunity. However, last night was neither about the Vaudevillians or the New Day. In fact it was the actions of Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson that got the entire internet wrestling community talking. Since their arrival in the WWE Anderson and Gallows have been nothing short of dominate. Their relationship with AJ Styles has been well documented and their involvement in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture has played a vital role. During the show last night the two superstars continued to make a huge impression starting off with attacking the tag team champions and making it perfectly clear in a backstage interview that they were coming after the tag team titles warning the division and every other superstar in the locker room. Their attack on the New Day was done very well and very convincingly.  Personally, it wasn't a huge surprise. If you read my Extreme Rules prediction posts and review (witch will be linked bellow) you would have seen that I mentioned a couple of times that we have to put the club into consideration when talking about the tag team championship picture. It was only a matter of time before Anderson and Gallows targeted the tag team championships and I don't doubt for a single second that those titles will be resting firmly on their shoulders in the next month. 


Is Titus O'Neil our next United States Champion? 

After decimating Zack Ryder in their one on one match Rusev took to the mic to declare is superiority over the entire US and is words would soon spark attention from Titus O'Neil who high on momentum made his way to the ring to defend his country. Over the past week or so Titus has been building momentum here and there and after making his way up to the ladder he has more than earned the right to be placed in the United States Championship picture. You guys know that I am a big big fan of O'Neil and over the past year I have spoken a lot about the WWE needing to push him. We all know how talented he is and how worthy he is of being champion and while I doubt they will put the title on him any time soon the extra attention is great to see and it's brilliant to see im finally get a little push. I'm confident that over the next thew weeks we will see a couple of strong matches from Titus and eventually a championship match between them should be interesting. 


Charlotte/Ric Flair Video Package

Honestly, one of my favourite moments from this weeks episode of Monday night RAW was the brilliant video package that highlighted the in ring segment between Ric Flair and the current WWE Women's Champion, Charlotte. I spoke a little last week in my RAW Review and Reactions post and a little in my RAW Predictions post last night that I really liked this segment. Their were parts of it that I didn't like but Charlotte and her all round performance was brilliant. I loved how convincing it was and how dramatic and emotional the entire segment was.  During last nights show the WWE gave us a little video package that showed parts of the segment and superstars sitting down and reacting and putting their opinions out on what they had seen. I loved this. It's very very rare that we ever seen top male or any male superstars actually sit down in front of a camera and asked to comment on something that has happened in the women's division but I loved it. It's great to see more and more attention and depth added to the division. Finally, after all these years we are beginning to see the male and female divisions treated the same and this video package really highlighted that. The liked of Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, and the Usos all sat down and gave their opinions and it did do the job in highlighting how dramatic and important the whole segment was. There is still a lot of work to do in the division at the moment and we all know that the WWE could be making a bigger effort but this video package was done so well and I liked it so much that it had to feature in my top 
five RAW highlights this week. 

Seth Rollins back to his old tricks again

Last Sunday at the Extreme Rules pay per view Seth Rollins made his much anticipated return to the WWE after taking almost seven months out of action due to an injury. Attacking the current WWE World Heavyweight Champion Rollins made it perfectly clear that he was coming after the championship that he never lost and the following night on RAW he once again his attentions clear in an opening promo that would later result in Shane McMahon announcing that he and Roman Reigns would go one on one at next months Money in the bank pay per view main event competing for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. If I'm being honest I'm not as excited for this match as I know many of you reading this probably will be. I'm definitely interested and looking forward to it but just not as excited as many people are. Now, so far I haven't been super impressed with the build up. I'm still not happy about the fact that they decided not to turn Rollins baby face and the build up so far hasn't had the big level of excitement that I expected. It is still early days and maybe I'm just being a miserable bitch but in comparison to what we saw in the Reigns/Styles feud so far I haven't been given a reason to be jumping up and down wit excitement. I was hopeing to see Rollins back in action last night on RAW competing in a one on one match to gain some momentum ahead of the money in the bank ladder match but instead we saw Reigns call out Rollins after cutting one of the worse promos known to man kind. We once again didn't get to see these two superstars collide and instead Rollins brought back the mind games making sure the he proved he was the one firmly in control of this story. I do like the fact that the WWE are making us weight for a big brawl between these two. The fact they haven't had any physical contact has left us craving it more and so building the anticipation and while what we saw between the two last night would have divided opinion it was done well and Rollins once again sowed to be the dominate one once again. 

The Club have arrived

As we have already touched on today since arriving in the WWE Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows have been nothing short of dominate and there relationship with AJ Styles has been very well documented. During last weeks episode of Monday night RAW we saw the three superstars agree to
go their separate ways with Anderson and Gallows walking away from Styles. However, this week things really shook up. As we all knew John Cena was set to make is return last night on RAW and he did so picking up a huge reaction as expected. Standing in the middle of the ring the fifteen time world champion honoured his country on memorial day. He also addressed the new era and sea of new superstars who have arrived and made their impact in the WWE while he has been out of action. In true John Cena style he went on to claim that any and every new superstar would have to run through him if they wanted to be anything near the best. His words sparked the attention of the phenomenal one. The crowd reaction spoke volumes. Completely split down the middle the live crowed showed that a match up between Styles and Cena was a true must see and a huge demand amongst fans. Many believed that a day that saw Cena and Styles share a ring together would never happen and so this moment really was special. We then had the arrival of Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows and as we looked to be getting a brawl between The Club and Cena and Styles but in a shock twist it was AJ who attacked Cena out of nowhere as the phenomenal one allied himself once again with his old friends. Personally, I didn't see it coming at all. I was interested in seeing how the WWE would create a story between the two of them but I loved the heel turn. It was done so so well and I honestly cannot wait to see how this story develops more over the weeks. 

So they are my highlights for this weeks Monday night RAW. As always you can let me know what you thought of this weeks show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 


Comments

Popular Posts