OMG Moments from this Weeks Monday Night RAW

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and are having a great start to the week! This past weekend the attention was all on  the blue brand as Smackdown LIVE hosted the two thousand and seventeen Money in the Bank ladder match. A controversial and historic night there was plenty to talk about, however, last nights episode of Monday night RAW gave us a whole new load of topics to talk about in and in today's blog post I'm going to be listing the top five OMG moments of Monday night RAW. I mentioned that there will be quite a few reviews and highlights posts and this does fall into that category but in the weeks to come I am planning on writing and uploading more lists and creative content. I know I have been saying this a lot recently but there really is so much going on in my life right now and I'm just crazy busy! I will be live tweeting throughout every show include RAW and Smackdown, pay per views, and the occasional episode of NXT and Lucha Underground. Talking of Lucha Underground, I am also planning on writing more content surrounding the independent scene taking a look at ROH, ICW, CZW, and New Japan over the coming months. I also know that I am a little behind in uploading my top ten WWE matches of the year so far but I am working on that and hopefully that will be uploaded in the first week of July. If you have any request in regards to blog posts do let me know down in the comments. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow right at the end of today's article including my Money in the Bank review. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Braun Strowman Makes Huge Return

Okay, so I don't need to sit here and tell you how much I love Braun Strowman. For the past eight months all I have done is talk about my growing obsession with the monster among men and if you have been reading my blog over the course of that time you will most certainly know that I for one have been sitting and waiting for him to climb to the top and get his hands on that WWE Universal Championship. A couple of months back Strowman was on a roll, he was one of the most talked about superstars on the roster and a fan favourite when discussing who should be crowned the next champion. However, an elbow injury put him on the shelf and it was announced by the WWE that Strowman  would be back in action in six months time. Of course, wrestling fans are not stupid we all knew that Strowman most certainly would not be away for up to six months. It had previously been reported he would only be away for around eight weeks and the WWE renouncement was clearly made to throw us off and make his super early return seem even bigger and make Braun look like a true freak of nature. While I and everyone else was aware he would be returning within the next month I honestly wasn't expecting to see him return last night. I wasn't in complete shock but it was a nice surprise at least. Strowman has been so massively missed and there really has felt as though something has been missing. During last nights show we saw Roman Reigns and Samoa Joe go head to head in what was the match of the night. The two superstars worked really well last night and gave us a fantastic match that I honestly did really enjoy. The closing moments of that match saw Strowman burst out of the back of an ambulance causing the distraction and allowing Joe to pick up the win over the big dog. Moments later Braun made his way to the ring where he attacked Reigns and announced that he and Roman would be going one on one at the Great Balls of Fire pay per view in an ambulance match. I'm okay with this as long as Strowman gets the win. The pair have such great chemistry and we know they are more than capable of providing us with a really really strong match in a few weeks time, not to mention that I really am interested in seeing the build up and what the next month holds for these two. I do think that the WWE can make this match far more interesting and it needs just that little bit more added to it. There really is a lot of depth and interest to this story but if they could add another stipulation to their up and coming pay per view than it will only give us all even more of a reason to watch. Personally, I'd love to see them basically compete for a WWE Universal Championship match at Summer Slam. Strowman winning will allow us to be able to see a little stare down between Strowman and Lesnar at the end of the great balls of fire pay per view to kick start their feud and the build up to that match. Plus, it gives Reigns a story for next year. If the WWE want to stick to him VS Lesnar at Wrestlemania next year Reigns has a story already. He's opportunity was taken from him by Braun and it sets up something there for later in the year leading up to Mania.


The Miz makes New Friends

Again, its no secret that I am a huge fan of the Miz, over the past year all I have done is talk highly about the Intercontinental champion. He has by far been one of the most entertaining, consistent, and impressive superstars since the brand extension last summer. I have already noted him as one of the men to benefit the most from the extension and almost a year later he is the perfect example for what something like that can do for a superstar. Being apart of Smackdown LIVE allowed him to be re-established and the blue brand really did open doors for him. He was made to feel like a big deal and his popularity really did just grow massively. Since moving back over to Monday night RAW I have been so happy to see that he has remained at a high position. Okay, so he no longer feels like he could be a bigger champion but he continues to work as one of the most consistent and entertaining superstars on the roster and honestly, it's his segments I look forward to the most every Monday. Over the past few months The Miz has been once again feuding with Dean Ambrose and while I previously had my doubts about the two working yet another feud so close to their previous one they have managed to completely pull it off. There is a different story being told and a different feel to their previous feud and again, I have to say that this is one of my favourite storyline's currently being told over Monday night RAW. Their chemistry is strong, their matches are brilliant, and the segments week in and week out bring out the best in each other, not to mention that there is still just so much the WWE can do with both superstars with this feud. During last nights show Miz looked to patch things up with his wife Maryse following the problems the pair have been facing thanks to Ambrose and the constant paranoia the Miz has been facing because of him. Dean of course made an appearance and once again Maryse was left walking off backstage still angry at her husband. Moments later Ambrose was attacked by Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. Earlier on in the night we had seen Miz in a backstage segment with Axel and Bo and so it was no surprise seeing them align with the champ later on in the day. I actually really like this little alliance and I'm hoping to see more come from it. Bo and Curtis have struggled for years to find anything that works and if they can both be used to work alongside with the Miz to make life a little easier for the champ than this is something I can in vest in and really enjoy. This was again one of my favourite segments of the night and everything we saw only made me even more interested in this feud.

Fresh Feud for Finn Balor

So things have been a little all over the place for former WWE Universal Champion Finn Balor since he made his return to action a couple of months back. While he has of course had a number of standout moments, matches, and performances he hasn't found himself involved in a singled feud that has allowed him to find away back to the top and a bigger talking point. Upon his return it did appear as though the WWE were planning on kick starting a feud between the demon king and Bray Wyatt but recent weeks has seen those plans long gone to nothing and while Wyatt seems to be working a story  with Seth Rollins Balor has been left looking for something to validate him and give him something strong and interesting to do that gives fans a reason to talk about him again. Now, Balor is a huge name regardless and we all know that no matter what he will always be a big part of the WWE and the future of the company. I don't doubt that he will be the Universal Champion again at some point within the next year. However, right now, there's just nothing big enough for him and we're likely to see him booked in a stronger program leading up to Summer Slam. Last nights episode of Monday night RAW did see Balor look to kick start a brand new feud, this time with the drifter Elias Samson. Okay, so I have mixed opinions on this. I can understand completely why the WWE would book this feud. Elias is an easy target. It's a simple feud that will keep Balor busy and insure that he picks up momentum. However, I'm a big Elias Samson fan and I really want to see him do well. Since coming up to the main roster from NXT Samson has actually been used really well and the WWE have been sensible with his booking and while a feud with Balor will bring out some really good parts of his character and his in ring abilities there is no way he is going to walk away with the overall win in this feud and that worries me. I worry about how and if he would bounce back okay and be taken seriously after. Now, this could just be a little thing that will run over the course of the next couple of weeks and Elias will be fine but knowing the WWE and its history with NXT call ups like Elias I do feel as though we have every reason to be a little worried. On the plus side I do feel as though we could actually get a really good match from these two given that they are provided with enough time to actually compete.

The End of an Era

And we finish today's blog post off with the biggest talking point of the night, those closing moments that saw my heart break all over again. Over the past couple of weeks or so we have seen numerous attacks on Enzo and Cass which left us all wondering who was behind the whole thing. After weeks of no answers the duo demanded answers and RAW general manager promised that come the end of the night he would reveal who the mystery attacker was. Come the closing segment we all sat and waited to hear the news and as we quickly learned, Kurt had no idea who was behind the attacks. With The Revival having an alibi and the Big Show in the clear we looked to not be getting any answers any time soon, however, the amazing Corey Graves soon spoke up an announced that he had a few things he would like to share. Rolling video footage we saw Big Cass fake his attack during last weeks show as part of a security camera's and Graves soon put two and two together revealing that it was Big Cass behind the entire thing. Okay, so this was predicable. We all knew that the chances of the attacker being big Cass were high and so last nights closing segment was no surprised. However, I will at least admit that I really did enjoy everything we got from this. The entire thing was done perfectly and even though I saw it all coming I loved how it was executed and the emotion we got from both superstars. Cass cut a brilliant promo where he easily had his best mic work to date. He
passionately spoke about Enzo holding him back and how he believed he was the real star and would have been champion  by now if it wasn't for Enzo holding him back. The entire segment was done so well and being such a huge fan of these two it broke my heart seeing them come to and end. The moment we saw Enzo shed a little tear I think I died just a little bit. Now, again, this is something I have mixed opinions on. I honestly do think these two are going to have one of the best, most gripping, emotional and entertaining storyline/ feud of the Summer and when they collide at SummerSlam it for sure will be a big one to watch especially for NXT fans. I also believe that Cass will have a great singles career and has so much potential. However, I worry for them both in the long run plus, I think its a real shame they were never tag team champions throughout their run together and I still feel as though the WWE have really missed out on a lot of opportunities with them. I am for now going to remain positive and hope for the best. They are both such brilliant superstars and I seriously do hope they both have an amazing singles career in the WWE.

Final Thoughts

Overall, it was a pretty decent show last night. The closing segment was the highlight of the night but we really are starting to see the build up of great balls of fire heat up and the card develop and get stronger. I am going to be talking about the split of Enzo and Cass over the coming weeks in more detail so keep an eye out for those posts. For now, If you have any request in regards to blog posts do let me know down in the comments. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow right at the end of today's article including my Money in the Bank review. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Money in the Bank 2017: What I Really Thought

Comments

Popular Posts