Six Bold Money in The Bank 2017 Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So this weekend the WWE will host the two thousand and seventeen Money in the Bank pay per view in Saint Louis Marseille, the home town of former WWE Champion, Randy Orton who will do battle against new champ Jinder Mahal this Sunday. The up and coming pay per view is looking to be a sure must see with an interesting unpredictable main event, an in ring debut from Lana, and not one but two money in the bank ladder matches including the first from the women's division. In today's blog post I'm going to be running you through my final bold predictions ahead of this Sunday's live show. Unlike previous prediction articles I'm not going to be writing full  in depth predictions for each match on the card but instead I'm going to be taking a bigger look into the biggest talking points and providing my predictions for those matches and moments we're all most looking forward to and at the end of the post I'll be listing who I will be backing for every single match. I know I said on Monday that I was going to upload every day this week but as I also said, there is currently  so much going on in my personal life that things just haven't gone to plan but I'm uploading when I can and making sure to pure quality over quantity. Hopefully uploads will go back to normal in a couple of weeks! Regardless, I will continue to live tweet throughout every show including Money in the Bank this Sunday and on Monday I will as usual upload my pay per view highlights where I run over the best and worse moments from the Money in the bank pay per view. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what your predictions are for this Sunday's show by leaving a comment bellow or sending me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

New Champions? 

So we kick start today's blog post off by taking a look at the tag team divison. To be honest, I haven't spent much time talking about the tag team divison both on RAW and Smackdown. While the work has been clearly stronger from the guys over on Monday nights the addition of the New Day has meant that the tag team division here on Smackdown LIVE finally have something that allows us fans to be excited. The absence of the former champions worked in the favor of both them and the brand and now they have finally made their arrival on Smackdown LIVE we are slowly starting to see a change in the overall feel of the divison. In  all honesty they do still have a long way to go. The blue brand is in desperate need of more teams and unique storyline's we can get behind but the rivalry between the New Day and the Usos works because of their history. It's an easy feud that fans of all ages can enjoy and we can be confident in the fact that this Sunday these two teams will put on a fantastic tag team match. If I think about the previous tag team championship match from the last RAW pay per view I'd have to say I was more exited for that than I am this. The build up was stronger and there was a deeper story, however, the Usos and the New Day have great chemistry and the back and forth promo's from both sides has given me a reason to be interested. While there may not be the best storyline heading into Sunday's pay per view in regards to this match I am expecting a lot from it. I believe that with enough time these two teams could provide us with a fun, entertaining, gripping match that has the potential to be one of the strongest WWE tag team matches of the year. Do I think we will see new champions? Honestly, I don't know. The matches on the card this Sunday really do lean on the unpredictable side and this is just another match that could go either way. Because I'm obviously a bigger New Day fan I am going to be cheering them on this Sunday but I also feel as though the Usos have a strong chance of retaining. I do believe the New Day will be
champions at some point during the Summer but it's likely this could happen at Summer Slam instead with the New Day losing this weekend to continue their feud with the Usos. I'd love to see more from the divison and hopefully see it grow before Summer Slam but at the moment this seems more likely. I am however, looking forward to this match and I do believe it's safe to have high expectations for this one.


Mr Money in the Bank 2017 

There is no doubt about it, I am beyond excited for the Money in the bank ladder match. I have previously mentioned that this is my favourite pay per view of the year and with not one but two (the second we will talk about later) ladder matches to look forward to this weekend I cannot wait for Sunday to role around. In the mens money in the bank ladder match we are set to see six of Smackdown LIVE's best talent compete to earn a future title shot, these six men include current United States Champion Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, AJ Styles, and former two time NXT champion Shinsuke Nakamura. I have already touched on the fact that I believe this could be one of the best Money in the bank Ladder matches in history in previous blog post and looking at everyone else's opinions it appears as though everyone seems to be on the same page. Over the years we have seen some of the best compete in this matches including the likes of John Cena, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, Edge and many many more but this year we have one killer line up! We have a real mixture of superstars this year and a variety of different level's of experience. We also have a couple of money in the bank ladder match virgins. It'll be interesting seeing how Shinsuke, Corbin, and Styles compete in this kind of match but I don't doubt for a single second that they will all have a great performance and make a huge impact. In regards to the winner again this is as usual an unpredictable call. The one thing I love the most about the money in the bank is the unpredictable factor it brings and the surprise element that comes with it. This year we have such an interesting, diverse and talented line up that it makes it so difficult to call not to mention the fact that there is a story and reasoning behind each of these superstars which means its easy to justify a win for each superstar. Personally, I have to say it comes down to Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin. I've spoken about this in previous blog post but these two really are the ones that I believe could bring the most to the case and are most in need of becoming Mr Money in the bank. Sami being the underdog it would be great for him to finally have his chance use that to cash in however there is something about Corbin cashing in that makes me very happy and feels as though it would work better. Out of everyone in this match Corbin is the one in need the most of this win. He's missing something right now and is in serious need of momentum and while I believe he will be a standout during this match he's the one that truly needs the win and will benefit the most from it.

Women Look to Make History Again

Now, last week I did upload a blog post talking specifically about the up and coming history making women's money in the bank ladder match and I will of course link that bellow, but in today's post I'm just going to quickly run over my final predictions and how I feel about this match. Honestly, I could not have been happier when it was finally announced that the women will get to compete in a money in the bank ladder match. It's something I have wanted to see for many many years and hearing that we were finally getting it makes me very very happy. Just like the mens Money in the bank ladder match we have a strong line up full of very different characters and in ring styles which really does lead us to believe this could be a very very impressive match up. Also like the mens the match this is a very unpredictable one to call. As I mentioned in a previous blog post there is a valid argument for each women and I could see any out these women walking away with the victory and it making sense. I love that fact that we are heading into so many matches that really do have an unpredictable outcome, I really am expecting to be surprised and I love that! In regards to favourites I have to say Becky Lynch is one of the top names. She's one of the fan faves, she currently has nothing strong going on and out of everyone competing in this match she is likely to benefit the most from the win and to be honest is in need of it more than anyone. Another favourite has to be Carmella. We all know the WWE have been high on her pretty much since she arrived on Smackdown LIVE and I really am expecting her to become champion at some point during the next year. She makes a risky winner this Sunday considering it could go down either way but honestly I'd love to see her as Miss Money in the Bank. A big big history making win like this would really work in her favor and work towards getting her more over with fans. Now, regardless of who takes the win I really do think this is going to be a fantastic match. Again, this is a risky match and it could be either really bad or really really good but with the mixture of superstars in this match, the talent, and the determination not to mention the excitement from fans I really am expecting the best and I believe this will be a massive part in the future of women's wrestling pushing the limit in further.

They Won't win but they will Standout

So my next point is one that I really wanted to talk about. Both Money in the bank ladder matches are very unpredictable this year. There's no one that stands out as a clear winner. There are favourites yes but no one I can sit here and say is one hundred percent getting the win. Keeping that in mind there are superstars that I believe have a less chance of taking the victory and becoming Mr and Miss money in the bank 2017 but who I believe will make a huge impact and truly standout. First up we have Shinsuke Nakamura. This is a man that falls under the category of superstars who don't need the win this weekend. He along with Charlotte and AJ Styles have the chance of becoming champion over the next year regardless and don't need to win their ladder match this weekend. He's someone that would n't benefit as much from a win as the likes of Sami Zayn or Baron Corbin however he is someone that will for sure make a huge impact this weekend. He has such a unique style and it's going to be interesting and fun to see how he competes in this particular match. I'm not expecting him to get the win for the reason I've had already touched on but I do believe he will be one of the most talked about superstars of the night. The same can be said for both AJ Styles and Charlotte. Two other superstars who are likely to be champion within the next year regardless and for sure will be huge standouts of the night come Sunday. The other two superstars I want to mention are Tamina and Natalya. I touched on this in a previous blog post but Tamina hasn't had her standout moment as of yet. There's no moment we can all look back on say yeah that was when Tamina stood out. I believe she will have that moment this weekend at the Money in the bank pay per view. While I doubt she will take the win she will for sure be one of the biggest standouts of the night and I honestly cannot wait to see what she does and the spots she delivers. As for Natalya, she is probably the superstar most worthy and deserving of a win this weekend but the WWE continue to show a lack of faith in her. I do however believe she too will be a huge talking point and will impress this weekend.

Lana's Singles in Ring Debut

Last week Lana finally made her Smackdown LIVE debut when she requested that she was added to the historic first ever Women's money in the bank ladder match. However, after being denied participation Lana took it upon herself to make an impact when she targeted the women's champ costing Naomi a victory. Later in the night it was announced that Lana and Naomi will go head to head at the Money in the bank pay per view for the Smackdown LIVE women's championship. This is yet another booking decision that has divided fans and honestly I'm still not completely sure how I feel about it. I've already mentioned that I believe the best thing they could have done with Lana is add her to the money in the bank ladder match. It would have been the best way for her to make an impact and a win would have gone down far better. She would have been a fan favourite heading into the ladder match and she would have honestly made the perfect winner. I still feel as though she would have gotten more out of this and would have has a better star rather than a singles feud with the champ and a title shot so soon. Now, I really am a huge Lana fan and I'd love to see her as champion whether the right time is now I'm not too sure. She really is so good at what she does. She has a great character that she knows how to work perfectly, her mic work is very strong, and from the videos I've seen shes not too bad in the ring either and with her following and popularity there is no doubt in my mind that Lana will make a huge impact at some point and will be worthy of becoming champion. However, if she walks away with the win this weekend it really is going to split fans. Naomi is such a fan favourite and I know so many people want more from her reign and believe there are other women more worthy of becoming champion before Lana. Personally, I haven't been the biggest fan of Naomi's reign and I've been left a little disappointed but lets save that for another post. Now, keeping all of that in mind I'm going to go with the unpopular decision and side with Lana this weekend. I don't feel as though this is a predicable match and I'm interested to see where this match goes and how it's booked. If the WWE want to keep Naomi as champion Lana is going to have to make a big enough impact and the booking is going to need to be smart. I still want Lana to be a big part of the divison and for her to do well in order for to do she needs to have a good night on Sunday. Hopefully they are given enough time to actually compete and for Lana to show what she can do in the ring on her own but if she is set to lose I'd prefer it to be a because of a mistake down to her lack of experience. I do believe there is a chance she could walk out as champion this weekend but either way this is for sure going to be one to watch.

Can Jinder Retain against Orton 

At the Backlash pay per view we saw one of the most controversial and shocking victories in WWE history when Jinder Mahal defeated Randy Orton to become the new WWE Champion. Pitting Jinder to join the historic list of superstars to hold the most prestigious championship in wrestling was a hug risk and truly divided fans all around the world. Half absolutely hated the idea believing it was joke and an insult to the title while the other half were like me and loved the idea. Of course, before the past few months I wasn't Jinder's biggest fan but I liked the risk the WWE took with him. Now, I
don't like the reasons why they probably gave him a push in the first place but he really has shown to be worthy. He's been working his ass of for years and while he may not be the strongest in ring performer and he sure has work to do on the mic this is a man that knows his stuff and a character that we can invest in and genuinely be entertained by. Over the past three months or so we really have seen Jinder's character grow and develop and I have to say that he does feel like a champion. Yes, he's booking should be stronger in regards to the superstars he challenges every week but his promos, segments and storyline with Orton have really made him feel like a bigger deal and a true champion. Now, this weekend at the Money in the Bank pay per view Jinder will defend his WWE Championship against former champ Randy Orton in what is bound to be another unpredictable and controversial match up. I honestly am not expecting this to be a great match. Their previous was far from a match of the year quality bout however the sheer unpredictable factor made it such a gripping match and I believe it will be that same factor that will keep fans watching this Sunday. Personally, I'll be backing Jinder again. I know loads of people are going to want to see Orton as champion again so the title feels as though it's on a bigger superstar again however I don't believe this is best booking decision. Orton brought nothing to that championship and I do feel  as though Jinder could be built to feel like a bigger deal and his work could be stronger. I'm not expecting a long title reign but I don't feel as though he should drop it this weekend. At least if he does get the win this weekend he has something to boast about after defeating Orton in his home town. I think both men need something new following this pay per view and regardless of the outcome I'm interested in seeing how the match is booked and how both men are used after Sunday.

Recent Blog posts:
Last Week in Wrestling
Six NXT Superstars Likely to Join Main Roster before 2018
Five Controversial WWE Superstars We Actually Love
Five Reasons To Be Excited About First ever Womens MITB ladder Match

Comments

Popular Posts