Five WWE Superstars Who Should be Champion by 2018

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! I'm back today with another little top five post. I know I write these quite a lot here on my blog but they are my favourite to write and  I have so many of these planned so I'm going to be uploading these weekly as per usual and there may be weeks where more than one is uploaded. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look at something I  have been talking about throughout recent uploads, future champions. I am constantly talking about current superstars I'm confident will go on to achieve great things and today we are going to be taking an in depth look at five superstars I believe will be champion by the end of the year heading into two thousand and eighteen. Mid way through twenty seventeen it feels as though this is the right time to upload a post like this and over the next few weeks to a month there will be a number of rather similar posts like this so brace yourself. This article will see me talking about both male and female superstars from both NXT and the main roster. If you would like an NXT exclusive version of this post then do let me know because I would most certainly be okay with writing that for you also. Talking of future posts to expect here, I am planning on writing much more creative content. I really do want to focus on How I would and I would have booked posts.They are something I love reading and writing and I do want to bring more content like that to you in the near future! For now however, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my WWE Backlash and NXT Takeover Chicago reviews. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and the five superstars you believe will be champion by the end of the year by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Drew McIntyre
While I am planning on writing a full NXT version of this blog post I wanted to make sure to include at least one star from the developmental territory and that man is of course Drew McIntyre. Returning to the WWE to join the NXT roster during Wrestlemania weekend Drew sent shock waves through the Wrestling community. Departing from the company a couple of years back he had spent his time away working on building his character and popularity and very quickly made such a huge impact that he became one of the biggest and most respected wrestlers in the world today. I and so many other fans were reminded why he was always considered to be such a huge star in the first place and for so many new fans it was an opportunity to witness the career revival of one of the most promising pro wrestlers of this generation. His return to something I always wanted to see and the more time he spent away the more he proved why the company had made such a huge mistake in the first place letting him go. However, when his face appeared on my screen back at NXT Takeover earlier this year I was in complete shock and was left sitting on my sofa at two AM literally the happiest person in the world! Since that night the WWE have worked on building Drew's momentum. Matches here and there on NXT have allowed Drew to remain a talking point, gain momentum, and come across as a legitimate future contender for the NXT championship. Now,  Over the past month or so I have also spoken about the current state of the roster down in NXT and the fact that the competition is so strong at the moment. When we talk about future NXT champions the likes of Aliester Black, Roderick Strong and Kassius Ohno all spring to mind and while I love them all I have to go say that for me its perfectly clear who should be the next champ, Drew McIntyre. While he's booking could be a lot stronger at the moment it makes sense to have him as your next champion. He's super hot and over right now with the fans and with so much momentum and such a strong character with a deep story to tell he really is a perfect choice. I also feel as though he and current champ Bobby Roode could work a fantastic feud that would easily rival any main roster feud heading into the Summer Slam weekend. He may not currently be a main feature but I do believe that over the next couple of months that really is going to change and he does still remain the fan favourite in regards to the next contender to face Roode and the overall next WWE NXT Champion. You can check out why and when I think Drew will be champ in a past blog post which will be linked bellow.

Carmella 
Since her arrival on the scene I have spent a lot of time talking about the Fabulous one, Carmella. She was one of the talents I was most excited about seeing make her debut and so when she did I was super excited to see what the future held for her and the direction the company would take her in. I was originally surprised to see them not turn her heel. If you look at her early work all the signs were there to turn her but in the end I'm so glad they had her remain working with Enzo and Cass throughout the majority of her NXT career. Her alliance with the pair gave her exposer and and a quick and loyal fan base that she may not have gotten at the pace she did if she was on her own. Throughout her time in NXT Carmella really did develop a solid fan base and week after week we saw that and her confidence grow. She was over, had a character that worked perfectly for her and an alliance that helped her massively. She wasn't apart of many singles feuds at all which is something that worked against her at times and looking back it would have been so good to have seen her doing more on her own and chasing after more and the title. We did see how badly she wanted to be champion there is no denying that. Carmella is someone I have always felt really does want to be at the top and her singles championship match against Bayley was one of her best performances to date. When Enzo and Cass were called up leaving Carmella still down in NXT I wasn't too worried. This was the time she needed to venture out on her own and prove herself and she did do that. The problems however, occurred when she was called up to the main roster. I still to this day believe the biggest mistake the WWE have made with Carmella is putting her on separate brands from Enzo and Cass. I honestly do believe she would have benefited far more from joining the pair up on Monday nights. Its pretty clear the company have always been high on Carmella and since calling her up its been so obvious that they are trying to get her over and to be honest nothing has really worked. When she first arrived on the scene she was getting next to no reaction so they had her turn heel which didn't do much and she still struggled to get over and so now we have seen her work alongside James Elsworth witch has its good and bad moments. Throughout the past ten months or so the WWE have booked Carmella really well and she has had some solid moments that have allowed her to standout and she her improvements. While she does still have a long way to go in the ring and building her popularity with the fans I honestly do feel as though she will be at the top some point soon and a title reign is in touching distance for her. As I am writing this the Money in the Bank pay per view hasn't taken place yet but she is a favourite heading into this match and she is the women I will be backing. If she does walk out with the win and the first ever Miss Money in the Bank it makes it clear that she will eventually be champion. However, I still do believe that regardless of the outcome of that match Carmella will be champion by twenty eighteen. The WWE are still very clearly high on her and looking at the current state of the divison anything could happen at any point down in Smackdown LIVE and I believe the company will take a risk on her. If she does win the money in the bank ladder match then it gives her time to grow as a character and draw in the fans making a title run much easier and accepting.

 Braun Strowman
Okay so the next one is a little more personal. Most of you reading this will know that I have been obsessed with Braun Strowman over the past six months or so. Time and time again I have sat here and had nothing but good positive things to say about him and there have been several different occasions where I have spoken about Strowman's future and what I would like to see come his way. Now, keeping that in mind there was no way I could write a post listing five superstars I believe should be champion by the end of the year and not include the man himself. Out of everyone I will be talking about in this list today there is no one I would love to see as champion more than Braun Strowman. Since the brand split he has been working his ass off and all the hard work has paid off massively. While he is currently out on injury he remains a talking point and it's clear to see just how over he is. The WWE took a risk pushing Strowman following the brand split but it has been a huge success. The build up worked, he gained popularity and over the past few months he has actually managed to put on some really strong solid matches including a surprisingly good main event match against the Big Show. Over the past four months or so in particular Strowman has proven he is champion material and I have mentioned several time already that I would love nothing more than to see him as champion. We currently have a bunch of really strong names over on Monday night RAW all of which would make fantastic champions and are all also possibly choices to become champion at some point over the next six months; these names include Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Finn Balor to name a few however it's Strowman in my personal opinion I would love to see take the spot at the top. He has a lot of momentum at the moment (kind of), he's seriously over, and we can all see his great potential and what he could really bring to that championship. Now, there have been plenty of rumors and speculation that Strowman and Lesnar will face off at Summer Slam in August and I honestly do really hope to see that take place. I have believed since last year that Strowman should have been the one to take out Lesnar (even before Goldberg) and should be the superstar to put a little stop on Lesnar's path of destruction. Everything about him screams potential champion and the build up to where he is now has made him feel like a legitimate champion and contender for Lesnar. He's one of not many superstars who I would believe could take out Lesnar quick and capture the Universal championship. Now, I do think this could happen. I believe the WWE would take the risk and have Strowman defeat Lesnar  at Summer Slam and effectively put him over. Unfortunately, I believe it's likely Reigns VS Lesnar will still go ahead at Wrestlemania next year meaning that Strowman's reign probably won't be as long as it should be but long enough and will drop the title towards the end of the year or right at the start of two thousand and eighteen. Regardless of how his reign ends I believe he will make a big enough impact for the company to keep him booked well and working as a top name. He really so worthy of a title run and I hope the WWE take a risk with him.

Nia Jax
Nia Jax is the second women to feature in this list and yet another superstar I have loved pretty much from day one. Since her debut I have spent a lot of time talking about her here on my blog and its been interesting seeing how far she has come and watching her popularity grow. I'm aware that there are still many fans that are not sold on Nia and her work but I think we should all at least appreciate how far she has actually come over the past year and the improvements she continues to make both in the ring and as a character. Throughout her time with the company Nia has had some really good moments it's important we remember. Down in NXT her alliance with Eva Marie had potential and could have gone further but it also opened doors for her. The rivalry between Nia and Bayley was pretty decent and we got to see just how far Nia had come and her ability to carry a strong storyline and a couple of good matches. This includes her feud with current NXT women's champion Asuka. Since coming up to the main  roster Nia has been very up and down. She has continued to look dominant and grow which is all great but the WWE haven't invested enough time and effort into her to allow her to come across as consistent and she appears to be a little all over the place. She has had a couple of pretty good moments, spots, and matches including her first Wrestlemania match. At the moment she appears to be a little lost but I'm hoping she get back on track and find herself back in the title picture. I have mentioned in the past that I would have liked to have seen her align with current champ Alexa Bliss and eventually turn on her and chase after the title. It's a typical story but it would have worked and its the the type of role that she would benefit from. Now, the WWE that road could still go down that road but making it work may appear to be more difficult in comparison to how effective it would have been if it was done earlier. Keeping all that in my mind I do believe that Nia could be and deserves to be champion by the end of the year. There is some great talent up on the roster at the moment including the likes of Sasha Banks and Emma who I would also love to see as champion however Nia is the women I feel would benefit from a reign sooner than both those women. If they can keep her momentum high and allow her to build a story and character we can get behind than seeing her claim the championship would work just fine and I really do feel as though she could have a brilliant run and fit in some great storylines. Facing the likes of Banks, Bliss, and even maybe a returning Paige would all make fantastic feuds and matches if done right.

Shinsuke Nakamura
And finally we have the one and only, Shinsuke Nakamura. Now, I wasn't too sure whether to add Shinsuke to this list. There is no denying the fact that he is one of the most over, talented, and respected men in the WWE today and we all want to see him as champion at some point, however, there is a part of me that believes he won't actually be champion until early twenty eighteen but I wanted to keep him in this blog post today because regardless, looking at the roster he is one of the men I do believe could still be champion come the end of the year. Now, Shinsuke is a huge deal! Everyone knows his name, knows who is and know's he is an important superstar. You look at someone like him and assume he is a top star and he is. From the moment he arrived on the scene the WWE have been pushing him as a major star and his time down in NXT really did see him prove to be one of the brightest stars of the future of this company. Throughout his time down in NXT
Nakamura was completely dominant. Taking part in some truly fantastic matches and storyline's he established himself as one of the top stars of the roster and during his time we saw him do what only one have man has done (Samoa Joe) and become a two time NXT Champion. So, when he was called up to the main roster the first Smackdown LIVE after Wrestlemania he was made to feel like a true star. Nakamura's arrival was exactly what the roster needed. The blue brand was crying out for a new top star to make that main event picture appear bigger and more important and Nakamura's arrival did just that. Now, since his debut Shinsuke hasn't been pushed the top and given a big title opportunity, instead he worked a little feud with Dolph Ziggler and has been booked in the two thousand and seventeen money in the bank ladder match. As I have already touched on today, I am writing this post the day of the Money in the bank pay per view so I don't know who has won but I have mentioned already that I don't feel as though he will be crowned the winner and Mr money in the bank simply because I don't feel as though he needs it. Regardless of what happens there he will be champion at some point over the next year, can he do it before we actually reach two thousand and eighteen? I think so. I don't actually believe his first title will be the WWE Championship. I would love it if it was and I feel as though he is important and big enough for them to do that with him but I do feel as thought it will be some time before they can get him in a storyline that works and so in the mean time chasing after the US title might just be best. He already has a couple of victories over current champ Kevin Owens and I really do feel as though there is a fantastic story that could be told there that would not only have fans completely invested in but also bring a lot to the actual US Championship.

You can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and the five superstars you believe will be champion by the end of the year by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. 

WWE Smackdown LIVE Highlights
OMG Moments from this Weeks Monday Night RAW
Money in the Bank 2017: What I Really Thought

Comments

Popular Posts