Six NXT Superstars Likely to Join Main Roster before 2018


Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Over the past couple of weeks I have been talking about NXT quite a bit here on my blog.  In the past I have dedicated a lot of time discussing the WWE developmental brand and its growth from introduction post, to top fives, to how I would book. More recently I have begun to upload more predictions and reviews for NXT Takeover Shows and its through writing those that I have been inspired to produce even more NXT based articles. In today's post we are going to be looking once again at the future of the WWE taking a look at what RAW and Smackdown could look like in a few months time due to new arrivals as I count down five superstars likely join the main roster within the next six months.  I have written posts like this in the past as you would have already seen if you are a long time reader here. Around once or twice a year I write a post listing the next set of NXT stars I believe will soon get their call up and in the past I have been rather accurate. Now, in today's post there are likely to be names you may no expect but trust me I really do feel as though we could see join either RAW or Smackdown LIVE very very soon. Over the coming weeks I am going to be super busy so there may be a few delays with posts but know that as usual I will be live tweeting throughout every show and highlights posts should be going up at their usual days and times. As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow and that will include my full NXT Takeover Chicago review and finally, you can let me know what you thought of today's post and which NXT stars you think will be up on the main roster by January by leaving a comment bellow or you can drop me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Asuka

Today's blog post will see a couple of women feature but to kick start things off we have the most dominant women in all of the WWE today, current reigning and defending NXT Women's Champion, Asuka. Don't worry, I'm not going to give you the same old speech  I have been giving you for the past year now. You guys know that I haven't always been the worlds biggest Asuka fan but as I have said a million times already she is a fantastic in ring performer, her character is forever developing and improving and over the past couple of years since being apart of NXT she has been apart of some truly outstanding matches. Taking on the likes of Bayley, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Emma, and Billie Kay, Asuka has established herself as one of the most impressive and dominant women in the history of the WWE as a whole not just NXT. Her undefeated streak and lengthy title reign have established her as one of the persistent and powerful superstars on the roster. No women in the history of the WWE has made the impact Asuka has made and had the run she has had so early into her career. Now, Asuka has been the champ for well over a year and I mentioned in a recent blog post I do believe that her reign as champion is slowly coming to an end with expectations of her dropping the title to Ember Moon at NXT Takeover Brooklyn in August so high it's time to start talking about life after NXT for the Empress. Throughout the past year and a half Asuka has spent time with the main roster female talent touring around the world and competing with the likes of Charlotte and Natalya. More recently we have seen her on the road with the Smackdown LIVE women's division and to be honest this is most certainly the place for her. I have already mentioned that I would love for her to move over to the Blue brand once she is called up to the main roster. The Smackdown LIVE women's divison at the moment does look very empty and they really are just calling out for something different. One of the main reasons I would love for her to join the SDLive Roster in particular is so that we can see her and Charlotte collide. The two have been so dominant and made such a big impact that seeing the two collide would feel like such a bi deal and the story the WWE could to tell between them would seriously highlight the women's divison. Now, Asuka is someone that could be drafted to either RAW or Smackdown and It would work perfectly fine. I know some people want to see her go up with the her streak still and while I would love for her to do so it does seem unlikely. Regardless of which show she is drafted to and whether or not she remains undefeated Asuka is bound to be a huge part of the main roster and she really is the one women I can see up on either or RAW or Smackdown by the end of the year.


Sanity
Since they arrived on the scene I have had nothing but positive things to say about Sanity. The past few months has seen me talk about them heck of a lot both here on my blog and over on twitter where I have shared my love for the newly formed faction, admiring their uniqueness and potential. Saying that however, I have actually been pretty disappointed with what the WWE have done with these four members. Consisting Alexander Wolf, Nikki Cross, Killian Dane, and of course Eric Young, this is an interesting faction that has the potential to be one of the best we have seen from the WWE in quite some time however the booking has been completely wrong pretty much since the start. Here we have four captivating superstars who really do have the ability to provide us with something we haven't really seen from the WWE before. All four work the "crazy" gimmick better than I have seen anyone do so in quite some time. I mean come on, all we have to do is take a look at Nikki Cross in particular. I've been following her work for a while now but the character work she has been doing since joining Sanity has been amazing! She knows exactly what she's doing and the character does appear to come so easy to her. One thing I did notice however was the change in how the faction felt once Sawyer Fulton left. Following an injury the original Sanity "big guy" was forced to step away from in ring action which really is a shame. He's someone who really has struggled over the years to find something that works for him and the fact he suffered this injury just as he was given the perfect character and story is really devastating. Since he left Sanity just felt as though they had something missing, even when he was replaced by the much bigger and dominant Killian Dane. His absence was never really explained and a change in their booking was made pretty obvious. It's a shame to see the WWE fail such an amazing team. All four of the current members are so massively entertaining and it would have been nice to see them all used to their full potential. I mentioned in the past that I would have freaking loved it if they had put all four championships on Sanity; Wolf and Dane as tag team champs, Nikki the Women's champ, and of course Eric Young the NXT Champion. Now, they have managed to have a couple of good matches and the story with Tye Dillinger was pretty decent but in comparison to what we could be seeing everything has been so much weaker than it should be. Looking ahead I do believe their best bet is to move over to the main roster. Whether it be RAW or Smackdown LIVE they need to make the jump to the next level of their career. As it currently stands there isn't really a place for them on either show, that may take a few months and during that time I would love to see them turn things around over in NXT. Work with someone like Aliester Black would be fantastic and really turn things around for them. While Sanity as a whole haven't been apart of NXT for very long it feels as though they are already running out of options and a call up does appear to be the best next thing for them. Once they are called up the WWE can start fresh, using all four to their best abilities and giving them the push and exposer they truly deserve.

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce
As far as underrated and underutilized superstars go, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are pretty high up there. The two Australian stars have been apart of the NXT roster for quite some time and while they have had plenty of moments in the spotlight weather it be in storyline's or in ring competition however, again, they just haven't been used to their full potential. I find myself still sitting and waiting for that match from both women that truly highlights them as the amazing in ring performers that they are. Personally I have always found myself to be a bigger fan  of Billie Kay but both girls have so much charisma and skill and it's a real shame that the WWE haven't gone all the way with their push. For months now fans have been talking about their call up to the main roster and when exactly that would take place. The women's divison down in NXT is still forever growing and plenty more women are beginning to make an impact. Billie and Peyton can still be used there of course. They would be a great help in getting the new girls started down in NXT and they will always feel as though they have a place on the roster however there just isn't anything for them right now and I don't believe they will be able to find a strong program anymore and again the best next option is a call up. Now, unlike Sanity there is a place for both Billie and Peyton up on the main roster on both shows. This time around however there are two things to consider; which show they go to and whether or not we separate them.Personally, I would love for the two of them to remain together. I just feel as though as a duo there is more for them and both will have more success and so I'm hoping that they do move them up to the main roster together and keep them together for at least another year just because I do feel this is the best option for them and again, there really is a lot they can do as a duo. As far as which show they should go to I'd love to see them as part of Smackdown LIVE. If Asuka doesn't go over to the blue brand than they really are going to need some fresh faces in the women's divison there and Billie and Peyton would be the perfect women for the role. 

Aliester Black
Again, Aliester Black hasn't been apart of the NXT roster for very long at all. Debuting just a few months ago Wrestlemania weekend at a Takeover event the new arrival made a huge impact and had everyone in the NXT universe talking. Not only did he manage to impress fans however, he also turned the heads of the higher ups and rumor has it they seem to be pretty high on the star from Amsterdam. Over the years I have spent a lot of time watching Aliester. Competing under the ring name Tommy End he had great success all over the world particular here in the United Kingdom where he competed for promotions such as ICW and Progress. It's watching those shows that made me fall in love with End as a character. Completely captivating, entertaining and unique he stood out for all the right reasons and so quickly became a huge star. There is no way any hardcore fan would not be aware of his work. His in ring skill is also something to recognize. A mixture of different styles he brings something to the table, something that no one else is bringing right now and it's exciting. He steps in the ring and you know you're going to be entertained by his thrilling character and captivated by his phenomenal wrestling ability. Since arriving in NXT Aliester Black has been a huge talking point. With loyal fans already to his name he has managed to attract the attention of so many people from all around the world and already fans are claiming he should be NXT champion at some point. Now, while I would love for him to hold NXT gold, lets face it, he would bring something completely different to what we have seen before and he would change the feel completely to NXT as a show, the WWE seem to be pretty damn high on him and I'm predicting they are not going to waste any time with him and his call up. He recently toured with the RAW Roster as part of the European tour where he also competed in a singles match against Curt Hawkins on an episode of Main Event. This may not be a big deal and the WWE could well and truly have plans to keep in NXT and have him as a future champion but looking at how he has been used and his popularity not to mention how high the company seem to be on him it looks as though Aliester Black could be a part of the Monday night RAW roster much much sooner than we first expected. Honestly, I don't have an issue with this. Aliester is very well experienced and has everything he needs to succeed up on the main roster. Of course he would make an excellent NXT champion but not everyone can be champ and I do see other superstars like Drew McIntyre getting their first. I believe Black will be in NXT for a few more months at least, as I have already mentioned I would love a feud between him and Eric Young and the rest of Sanity, something that would be a perfect addition to the NXT Takeover Brooklyn card. After that however, it really is a countdown as to when his face will appear RAW and I do not believe the wait will be a long one.


Hideo Itami
And finally we have Hideo Itami. Over the years I have spoken about Hideo quite a few times here. When he first signed with the WWE and joined the NXT roster I was just like everybody else, completely over the moon. As an on/off fan of New Japan he was someone that I found massively entertaining as an in ring talent and his arrival in the WWE was something I was so so so excited about. He had a great start and everything was working out just the way it should have. And then he suffered a shoulder injury and from that point he was just riddled with bad luck. Out of action for much longer than he would have liked a week or so after his return he was injured once again. Out of action fro almost two years I honestly wondered how on earth the WWE would be able to work on something with him and how he would be able to bounce back. However, over the past couple of months Hideo has been one of the men I have enjoyed watching the most down in NXT. His NXT Championship match against Bobby Roode at NXT Takeover Chicago was strong and he really did establish himself on the night and during the build up. He had me completely behind his work and enjoying what he was delivering and once again  he felt like a big big deal, almost like the past two years hadn't been a problem. Looking ahead, it does appear the WWE have a few things planned for him in NXT. A feud between Itami and Kassius Ohno looks to be on the cards and honestly I cannot wait for those two to collide one on one, an easy potential match of the year candidate there. After that feud however what they do with him is going to be interesting and I do feel as though that moving up to either RAW or Smackdown LIVE would be the best fit for him. I would love it if he went to Smackdown LIVE but again there is a place for him on both shows if he is used right. The WWE have missed a few years with him but he still feels like a big deal and I believe he will still be a huge star. He's the one superstar I'm confident will be called up by the end of the year. 

. As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow and that will include my full NXT Takeover Chicago review and finally, you can let me know what you thought of today's post and which NXT stars you think will be up on the main roster by January by leaving a comment bellow or you can drop me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts