Five Things that Must Happen at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III

The past two years has seen the WWE and it's developmental roster of NXT take over the Barclays center and in just a couple of months time history looks to repeat itself as for the third year in a row Summer Slam weekend will be hosted in Brooklyn, New York. If previous shows have anything to go by we can most certainly expect to be in for an exciting weekend and for anyone who has tuned into each takeover show hosted in Brooklyn you will know for sure that NXT Takeover Brooklyn is a show you do not want to miss out on. It's bound to be one of the highlight events of the year and I honestly do believe that several potential match of the year candidates will come from this show. Now, in today's blog post we are going to be focusing on this very NXT Live special as I count down five things that Must happen at NXT Takeover Brooklyn three. This a post that I have wanted to write since the last NXT Takeover event in Chicago (if you want to know what I thought of that show my full review will be linked bellow at the end of today's post) and I have now finally found the time to sit down and write it for you. This list will include matches that must happen, title changes, moments, debuts, and the final NXT performance for certain superstars. If you would like to see a full Five Matches that Must happen at NXT Takeover Brooklyn post then do let me know. As far as my plans for this show and Summer Slam weekend as a whole are concerned it does look as thought I will be live tweeting throughout both shows with a full Takeover Review going up on the following Thursday and a Summer Slam highlights post uploaded on the Monday after. I may also host my first podcast to fully review both shows! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can of course let me know what you thought of today's post and the five things you think must happen at NXT Takeover Brooklyn by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 


Johnny Gargano VS Tommaso Ciampa 

At NXT Takeover Chicago hearts all around the world were broken when Tommaso Ciampa shockingly turned on his tag team partner and long time friend, Johnny Gargano following their lost in the main event against the Authors of Pain. The pair have been seeking to regain their NXT tag team championship since losing them several months back however their loss in Chicago proved to be just too much for Ciampa and in a brutal attack made it clear that DIY were no longer and as a result mine and everyone else's hearts broke. Now, while I would love  to bury my head in the sand and pretend that none of that happened and the two will be back together soon we've got to be realistic and face the harsh truth, DIY have gone their separate ways (at least for now) and looking ahead we can expect plenty of work to go down between the two and I have to say, I'm honestly so so so excited! While the pair made a fantastic tag team and provided us with some of the best tag team matches I have ever seen I have no doubts what so ever that their singles rivalry could so easily be one of the strongest of the year and without a doubt one of the best in NXT history. What I'm hoping is that the WWE don't rush into a feud between the two. I would much rather prefer for them to focus a great deal of their attention Ciampa. Show him to be the cocky, arrogant heel, cutting promos talking of how he never truly needed Gargano, that he was holding him back and now the future will see Ciampa strive for the position he has always deserved to be in, the main event as NXT Champion. Now, if the current champ wasn't a heel then I would have considered seeing Ciampa go on to claim gold but this a story that genuinely doesn't need a title to go with it. There's so much history and chemistry between the two superstars and we all know that are more than capable of delivering a feud that could easily top anything we have seen so far this year.  I would absolutely love it if they kept Gargano off NXT TV for a few weeks maybe even a month and during that time Ciampa is completely focused on proving a point, proving that he was right to turn on his partner and of course do everything in his power to get into the NXT Championship picture. I'd totally be down for Tommaso coming out to confront current champ Bobby Roode gloating about his attack on Gargano but keeping a straight face and making sure everyone including the champ knows what he is coming after. Of course, you could have guys like Kassius Ohno, Hideo Itami, and Drew McIntyre somehow involved in this but I would personally much rather see McIntyre enter the picture a little closer to Brooklyn but I'll get into that later on in the post. A number one contenders match between someone like Ciampa and Itami could take place on an episode of NXT with the end result seeing Gargano ruin things for Ciampa or you could have Ciampa actually go one on one with the champ in a title match which sees Johnny Gargano make his return and ruin all chances of Tommaso walking out as NXT Champion, giving their feud even more to go off on. Now, this isn't one of those feuds that needs a big story to it. The WWE don't need to do much because there's a story there already. Long term friends, former tag team champions, one turning on the other because he believes he's better. It doesn't matter what you do with the build up Johnny Gargano VS Tommaso Ciampa is a big name match and one that no one will want to miss out on. Put this on your NXT Takeover Brooklyn card and you already have the potential match of the year.


The End of Asuka's Reign 

I have gone on record to say that I am not the worlds biggest Asuka fan. While I admire her work and believe she is a phenomenal in ring talent I just haven't been able to jump on board as much as everyone seems to have done. Her reign as NXT Women's Champion has been spectacular. She has stepped in the ring and defeated every single women that has stood in her way including some of the best names the division has seen. The likes of Bayley, Nia Jax, Billie Kay, Emma, Eva Marie, Peyton Royce, Nikki Cross and so many more have all fallen to the Empress and she has gone on to become one of the most impressive all around NXT superstars. undefeated, longest championship reign, and a series of singles matches that have highlighted the NXT women's division. Regardless of how I personally feel about Asuka she will forever go down in history as an NXT all time great. Now, Asuka has been the NXT Women's champion for well over a year and while I haven't been the biggest fan of her reign (wow Victoria, how many times you wanna say that?) I am actually torn as to when her reign should come to an end. There's a huge part of me that would love to see her Reign go on a little longer and see her break even more records and do more with the title however there's an even bigger part of me that desperately wants to see something different. There are so many new women on the roster desperate for the opportunity to make an impact and get their hands on the championship and I do feel as though we need a shift around. Now, the obvious pick for new champ is of course Ember Moon. The WWE have been telling a good story between the two women. With the controversial ending to their previous singles match and Asuka taking out Ember preventing her from competing at Chicago there's something the WWE have been working on that the fans can buy into. Am I personally fully invested in their feud as of yet? No. I do believe they could so easily put on a fantastic match far better than what we saw previously from them but at the moment I'm not fully invested. What I do like is the vibe that Asuka feels as though she cannot defeat Ember Moon and the story over time has developed into something pretty decent I just feel as though at the moment there is something missing but the build up over the next couple of months should be interesting. Now, there are lot of people that believe Asuka should go up to the main roster undefeated still and I kind of agree with that to some extent. If the WWE wanted to go down that root then they could have her loose it in a triple threat or fatal four way where she doesn't have to be pinned but personally I do want to see Ember VS Asuka one on one for the title and I do want to see Ember come out on top just because there is such a strong story being built. It does seem obvious at this point that the two women will collide at NXT Takeover Brooklyn and a title change does seem likely here.


Bobby Roode VS Drew McIntyre

In my opinion the main event of NXT Takeover Brooklyn is clear, Bobby Roode VS Drew McIntyre for the NXT Championship is a must. There's no other match, no other contender that should main event the show and compete for the title. You guys will most probably be aware of the fact that I am the biggest Drew McIntyre fan! Following his career for as long as I can remember he's someone that has always been destined for great things and while his first run with the WWE wasn't the best in the world he went away and proved everyone wrong. Dominating the wrestling scene outside the WWE he became one of the most talked about wrestlers in the world. Working back in ICW and taking over Impact Wrestling and WCPW, Drew Galloway was a man we were all talking about for the right reasons. Over Wrestlemania weekend we learned that Drew would be returning to the WWE and joining the NXT roster working once again as Drew McIntyre and my life felt complete. Honestly, I cannot tell you the joy that took over! He really had worked his damn butt off to prove he was better than how he had been portrayed and used during his first run with the WWE especially towards the end and all that hard work he had put in during his time away from the company had massively paid off. He established himself as a big name and finally the world could see him as the big main event star he has always deserved to be pushed as. Now, since returning to the WWE and joining the NXT roster he hasn't been apart of a strong program. He's been booked in solid matches that have showcased his phenomenal in ring capabilities and his interviews have shown him to be completely focused on the end goal; becoming NXT champion. Now, while the slow approach is the right move for him we all know that its only a matter of time before he is in the middle of the ring, main eventing and becoming the NXT champion. We all wanna see it happen, Drew deserves it and it does feel like the right move to make. While NXT Takeover Brooklyn is a while away I do believe this will be the show for a title change and to see the beginning of McIntyre's title reign. It's arguably the biggest and best Takeover and event for the NXT roster and the timing does feel right. The WWE will have more than enough time to build a story between Roode and McIntyre and really get the fans excited and on board. To be fair they don't really have to do much. Again, these two superstars are such big names and have such contrasting characters that a feud between them will be truly captivating and fans all around the world are most certainly going to be completely on board with everything they do. I understand that at the moment the NXT roster has so many names that should challenge Roode for the title and would make excellent champion; the likes of Kassius Ohno and Aliester Black spring to mind but right now Galloway is the fan favourite and he does seem to be the most suitable next number one contender and new champion. Personally, I would love to see the title changes hands at Takeover. I really really do want to see Galloway as champion. I strongly believe he would make a phenomenal champion and his reign is something that could put NXT on the map greatly. 

Strong Program for Lost Superstars

So this next point is something I'm really passionate about and while I doubt I'll get exactly what I want I really would love for this booking decision to be made. So I have already touched on the fact that the main event picture in NXT at the moment is pretty damn big. There really is a bunch of superstars that all appear to be championship material and deserve a title reign at some point. However, I have also mentioned in today's blog post that at the moment it does feel as though there is one man who just feels a little more suited for that spot, Drew McIntyre. So heading into NXT Takeover Brooklyn what do we do with the rest of those top names. Well. I want to pay attention to two particular superstars. Two men that at the moment appear to be a little lost. Eric Young and Aliester Black. Personally, I have admired both these men for a great deal of time. Following both their careers for a great deal of time I have really become rather fond of both guys and over the years the pair have been apart of some truly outstanding matches. I haven't actually seen them collide one on one however and thats something I really would love to see change very very soon. Now, before we get into the booking of their match and why I want to see them go one on one at Takeover lets have a look at the NXT careers of both men so far. To be fair Aliester Black hasn't been apart of NXT long.  The WWE put him on TV much much sooner than a lot of new recruits which came as no surprise. Black is a very very experienced wrestler with a strong following and a captivating look, there was no way the WWE were going to waste any time with him. He's already competed on a Takeover card and toured with the RAW roster as part of the European tour, booked in a match on a recent episode of Main Event. However, we are yet to see him take part in an actual storyline. We haven't heard much from him and we haven't been able to see how he can work a strong singles feud in the WWE. I know there are so many fans that would love to see Aliester as NXT champion including myself but at the moment I really do want to see him standout in a killer feud. And then we have Eric Young who honestly I have been disappointed with. I am all for Sanity. I think they are one of the best factions we have seen in a long time and their potential is huge! But the booking just hasn't been that strong. They haven't won a feud, their matches both in tag team and singles competition hasn't been as captivating as expecting, and the storylines we have seen given to them hasn't been half as strong as they could be. When we take a look at Aliester Black and Eric Young they are both two superstars with big followings and amazing potential. We all know their work could be better but at the moment both are a little lost. So why not have them collide one on one at NXT Takeover Brooklyn. Okay, lets just get this straight, I'm not just throwing these two together because their both a little lost, take a look at their characters, their in ring skills and what they stand for. This is a feud that could seriously change the game in NXT. The potential matches and promos is insane and the thought of the work we would see from them sends a shiver down my spine. There's such a great story to be told here. Sure it would lean on the dramatic side of things and a tad bit crazy but thats exactly what NXT and the next Takeover show needs. I don't doubt that the pair could deliver a fantastic singles match and the story alone could easily out do anything we are seeing right now.


The Arrival Of Adam Cole 

If we are talking about the future of NXT we have to mention Adam Cole. There was now way I could write this post and not mention one of the most talked about men in wrestling today. Recent events has led fans all around the world to believe ROH star Adan Cole will be joining the NXT roster finally arriving in the WWE. Many including myself did believe that he wold make an appearance at the previous Takeover event in Chicago and were left disappointed when that didn't happen at all. I'm still pretty sad that we didn't get that but I'm going to put my Takeover Chicago disappointment aside and focus on my Takeover Brooklyn dream. As I write this post there has been no update on Cole in regards to him coming to NXT but it remains something I desperately want to see. I do still believe he will sign with the company its only a matter of when. And so keeping all that in mind lets focus on NXT Takeover Brooklyn. I do plan on writing a post talking about the five
feuds that could introduce Cole to the NXT roster but for today I'm going to keep it short and talk about my favourite pick. Now, I  have spoken about lost superstars on the roster at the moment and superstars that deserve a title shot. One of those men is Roderick Strong. I haven't actually spoken about Strong a lot here on my blog. I did speak greatly of him in my previous Takeover review which will be linked bellow but I haven't gone into detail. In a dream world I would love for Roderick Strong and Adam Cole to collide at NXT Takeover Brooklyn in a few months time. I have read several articles and tweets recently talking about this very potential match and I have to say that I am fully on board with the idea. You don't need to add a big big story to this because there is enough there. Both men are extremely talented and pretty damn similar from in ring style and their careers. While this may not be a big attraction match to the more casual of fans for us hardcore fans this would be freaking epic. A great way to introduce Cole to the roster and even greater way to allow Strong to showcase the best of his in ring abilities. Now, I would love for Cole to actually debut on an episode of NXT rather than at Takeover unless you do a Mickie James and have  a video of him air at Full Sail announcing his arrival. I don't want to see anyone just pitted against him in his debut to make him look strong. I want a full on, match of the year style contents and that is exactly what we would get between Adam Cole and Roderick Strong.

It honestly took me forever to write this post! I have been so busy recently and I just haven't had the time but I'm happy the end product and I'm glad its finally going up! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you would like to see happen at NXT Takeover Brooklyn by leaving a comment or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
WWE Extreme Rules 2017 Predictions
Five Biggest WWE Talking Points of the Week
How the WWE Can Make a Huge Star Out of Erick Rowan

Comments

Popular Posts