Night Of Champions Predictions: Ryback VS Kevin Owens

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. This Sunday live on the WWE Network and cable TV, the WWE will present the two thousand and fifteen Night Of Champions pay per view. The show will be held in Houston Texas as the WWE takes over the Toyota Center and the match card is without a doubt one of the strongest of the year so far. If I'm being completely honest, I have over the years lost a lot of interest in this pay per view. If we go back six years ago or so the scene was very different and we had many more championships on the roster and so it does kind of feel like there's no need for the pay per view any more. However, I am super excited for the show this Sunday and I'm looking forward to most of the matches set to take place. Throughout this week it is of course Night Of Champions prediction week witch means that all week right up until Saturday I will be uploading my full predictions for every single match on the Night Of Champions card. I will be recapping all of the action from the past month, taking a look back at what all the superstars have been up too and then of course taking an even deeper look into the individual predictions. On Sunday I will of course be live tweeting throughout the show and the links to all my social media will be listed bellow at the end of the post. Also on Sunday I'll be uploading my support pictures to let you know who I will be backing for every match. Before we start I have a couple of updates for you. Now, next month I will have a new series on my blog. July and August was of course NXT month (and I still have a couple of blog post to upload from that) but next month it will be a new series here and I would love to know what you would like to see, so let me know down in the comments bellow. You have two weeks to let me know what you want next month to be dedicated too. I also would really love to know what posts you would like to see here on my blog before October. I really want to start uploading more regularly and writing more diverse blog posts so let me know as well what you would like to read every day. I will link bellow any recent blog post and you can let me know what your predictions are for all the matches this weekend by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday live on the WWE Network Ryback will defend he's Intercontinental Championship against the man that defeated John Cena in he's debut match, Kevin Owens. While this isn't the match I'm most looking forward to I'm very interested in seeing how it plays out. This is without a doubt one of Ryback's toughest challenges yet and I'm so glad Owens is in the championship picture but who will be leaving the pay per view this Sunday as champion? In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you through what both superstars have been up to in the past month and making my final bold predictions. With so much to get through let's jump right into the post.

Here is what I wrote about Kevin Owens in last months top fifteen superstars of the month:
At number eight in this months top fifteen superstars of the month is Kevin Owens. For months now Kevin Owens has been at the top of he's game. He's been one of the most must see superstars on the roster and one of the most entertaining. This month has been no different what so ever. We have seen him compete on both the main roster and on NXT taking part in two amazing feuds, one with Cesaro and the other with Finn Balor for the NXT Championship, both of witch have been two of my favourites of the month. Owens has had a great deal of chemistry with both superstars and even though he has been super busy he has't been sloppy what so ever. He's booking has remained very strong competing in some of the best matches of the month yet again adding more to he's list of potential match of the year candidates. We have seen him make strong alliances with the likes of former United States Champion Rusev and Mr Money In The Bank, Sheamus witch I have really enjoyed watching. They're three of my favourite superstars at the moment even though they have had their differences in the past this month we have actually seen them able to work together and have some great performances together. Owens has competed in a couple of great tag team matches on both RAW and Smackdown, main eventing both shows. This included a great tag team match with WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins on Smackdown. He of course has cut come amazing promos as well, once again some of  my favourites we have seen all year round both on RAW and on NXT that have tied in amazingly well with both feuds. He's continued to be the top heel of the company without a fail. Tow of he's matches have stood out for me and both have been in my top twenty of the month and are sure to be candidates for the top matches of the year. The first was against Balor at NXT Takeover witch was one of the best ladder matches of the year and the other was at SummerSlam against Cesaro witch was one of my favourites of the night. He's booking has remained strong this month and I'm hoping that stays the same over the next four weeks.

To be completely honest I wasn't expecting Owens and Ryback to start a feud for the Intercontinental Championship just yet. In my opinion it felt like there was still more that we needed to see between Owens and Cesaro before their rivalry ended. I mentioned last week that I would have loved to have seen a best of five or a two out of three falls match between the pair to put an end to their amazing feud. I was however expecting Owens to eventually challenge Ryback for the Intercontinental Championship, I think most of us saw that coming. Ryback's previous feud with the Big Show and The Miz was one of the worse feuds of the year in my eyes. He needed something fresh and new that would allow everyone in the entire WWE Universe to be interested in. Kevin Owens is the perfect opponent and man to do so. He's been on the roster for a thew months now and he has already competed in two outstanding storyline's putting on some of the greatest matches and many potential match of the year candidates. It was only a matter of time before they put him in a championship picture and of course the only championship he could chase is the Intercontinental Championship. Personally, I think this is the perfect title for him to go after. The main event picture is very very busy at the moment with Seth Rollins, Sting, and John Cena so there isn't really a place for him at the moment when it comes to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, and with Rollins also holding the US Championship it only made sense for Owens to focus he's attention on Ryback. I honestly do feel as though Owens can bring a lot to the Intercontinental Championship. Ryback is a great champion. He puts the title on the line frequently, he doesn't turn down a challenger, and he has an amazing connection with the WWE Universe but he hasn't brought much to the title itself. The Intercontinental Championship has really suffered in recent years and it needs that main event feel back. We need a superstar to elevate the title, to bring that main event, top star feel to it. Kevin Owens fits that picture. For almost a year now he has been one of the top guys in the WWE. He spent months in NXT as the man to beat. He became one of the most dominate superstars NXT history, winning the NXT Championship only a couple of months after he's debut and then when he came up to the main roster in he's first match he defeated a future hall of famer and one of the most decorated superstars in WWE history, John Cena. Putting the IC Championship on Owens is a smart move. Even having him in the picture allows the title to start meaning more and forces Ryback to up he's fame even more. But will the former NXT Champion be leaving this Sunday's pay per view the new Intercontinental Champion?

Ryback is a superstar I genuinely like. He's clearly had to fight a long battle to get to where he is today, he's passionate, he cares about the WWE, and over the past year he has worked he's butt off to get the fans on he's side and it's paid off. However, Saying all that, not even I can deny the simple fact that he is missing that something. I don't know if it's just me that feels this way but he just seems like such a limited superstar. He's character doesn't stand out, he's look is nothing different, and he doesn't offer much variety in the ring. I'm a Ryback fan but I don't get excited about watching him compete as much as I do someone like Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins. He's just missing that "it" factor in my eyes. This year he has had a couple of great matches proving that booking is so so important for him. He needs to be out in the ring with someone that can push him to he's limits. Superstars like Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins have managed to bring out the very very best in Ryback this year. He's had some of he's best matches I have ever seen from him and I have really been impressed with what I have seen. He really has shown some big improvements this year, you have to give him that at least. I have been disappointed with he's championship reign. I don't think he has brought much to the actual championship. He hasn't elevated it or brought more something new and exciting to  the title witch has been a shame. The WWE have also booked him in some terrible feuds. He's work with the Big Show and The Miz was terrible. I cannot put into words just how much I hated that feud between the three of them. If it was just the Big Show he was working with and there was a stronger story then I might have felt differently but it just did not go down well with me what so ever. He has been booked strongly over the past couple of weeks, he's matches with Seth Rollins have been great and I really did enjoy them. Taking on Owens does mean that the WWE needed to book him stronger anyway. Owens will be one of Ryback's toughest challenge yet if not he's toughest challenge yet. Technically Owens is one of the best on the roster and he does have such a strong diverse move set that is really going to push Ryback to show more and deliver to a higher standard because simply
being strong isn't going to be enough when going up against someone like Owens.

It won't come to any surprise that this weekend I will be backing Kevin Owens. I one hundred and ten percent believe that it's time for a change. Ryback hasn't had the longest championship Reign but I do think that the title needs to be passed onto someone who can bring more to it. It's time for Owens to hold a championship again and the IC Championship is perfect for him. I do believe that the title will change hands this weekend. Owens has been strong throughout the build up as has Ryback but it kind of feels as though the big guy has brought all he can to the title. Regardless of the end result we will be seeing more of these two in the next couple of months to come. If Owens takes the championship this weekend Ryback isn't going to be backing off any time soon. I believe that Owens needs the win much more than Ryback does anyway. I'm not expecting a match of the year between these two this weekend if I'm being honest but this could without a doubt be the best performance we have seen from Ryback to date and this is the underdog match of the night. But this is what I think. Let me know what your predictions are and who you are backing this weekend at Night Of Champions by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts