RAW Predictions 7/9

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It is the start of yet another week and as we edge even closer to the two thousand and fifteen Night Of Champions pay per view today, I'm back with this weeks RAW Predictions. I'm actually surprised at just how much I am looking forward to tonight's show. Last week was an interesting edition of Monday night RAW. We had a couple of decent matches and we had some great story telling but there was of course a couple of disappointments. However, as the week went by things started to improve,particularly in the divas division with more depth and story being added so that is something I'm really excited about seeing the developments of. During tonight's show we can expect to see more matches for the up and coming pay per view announced and made official and we can also expect to see more from some of the top feuds and even some more kick start. In today's blog post we have loads to get through but I first have a couple of updates and reminders for you. Now, next month I will have a new series on my blog. July and August was of course NXT month (and I still have a couple of blog post to upload from that) but next month it will be a new series here and I would love to know what you would like to see, so let me know down in the comments bellow. You have two weeks to let me know what you want next month to be dedicated too. I also would really love to know what posts you would like to see here on my blog before October. I really want to start uploading more regularly and writing more diverse blog posts so let me know as well what you would like to read every day. I will link bellow any recent posts including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Finally, you can all get the conversation going down in the comments section bellow, telling me what you thought of this weeks show or you can tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last week was yet another eventful week in the WWE. The closing moments of Monday Night RAW saw Seth Rollins confronted with the harsh truth when John Cena came down to the ring to remind Rollins of the past superstars who have fallen under the spell of the Authority. Speaking of superstars like the Big Show, Randy Orton, and Batista, all of witch have spent time in the spotlight with the Authority but after falling flat have been dropped one after the other. The fifteen time World Champion also reminded the current Authority favourite that the Night Of Champions pay per view means that every single championship must be deafened and due to the fact that Rollins is holding both the US and the WWE World Heavyweight titles he must compete in two separate championship match. Stephanie McMahon would then go on to make it official, in two weeks time at NOC, Seth Rollins will put he's WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the line against Sting and he will also defend the US Championship against John Cena. During tonight's show we can more than expect a response from Rollins. The self proclaimed face of the WWE will not be the happiest superstar on  the roster after what went down during the closing moments of Monday night RAW and a promo from him is bound to take place at some point tonight. I personally would also really like to see the Authority respond to what happened last week as well. Both Cena and Sting are pushing the buttons of Rollins, Triple H, and Stephanie McMahon and it will be interesting to see how they respond to everything. Night Of Champions is only two weeks away and so we do need to see both Cena and Rollins start to gain momentum. I would love it if they both competed in separate matches tonight. I never thought I would be sitting here saying I want to see Cena wrestle in a lengthy match, but I do think he needs it and I kind of (I cannot believe I'm saying this) miss seeing the open challenges and the weekly matches. So tonight, I would like to see the both in matches especially Rollins. He's holding two championships at the moment and I really would like to see him wrestle more. Maybe Sheamus VS Cena with an un-clean finish and for Rollins it would make sense for he's opponent to be Randy Orton. There would be a real poetic booking feel with a match between them tonight after last week.

Over the past couple of months now we have seen the in ring debut of Lana get teased more and more and after all the action from last weeks RAW and Smackdown we know that the one on one match up between Lana and Summer Rae is just around the corner. I doubt very much she will step in the ring and compete during tonight's show, its more likely she will debut as a wrestler at Night Of Champions, that seems to be like the direction the WWE are going in and it does make sense. Last week Summer Rae continued to stir the pot and get under the skin of Lana after creating a story that Dolph Ziggler seduced her during Monday night RAW witch of course brought some tensions between Lana and Ziggler. Now, I love this storyline. I have admitted that I didn't like it at the start but as time went on it grew on me, however I feel like the WWE need to be very careful with they go next. Slowly, I can see this whole storyline become predicable, boring, and repetitive and I do not want to see that happen what so ever. What I'm hopeing we see tonight is maybe Ziggler competing in a separate match up that has nothing to do with Rusev and then during the closing moments Summer causes a distraction or does something that prevents Ziggler from picking up the victory. It would also be great to see a similar thing happen later on in the show where Rusev is competing in a one on one match up where Lana causes the distraction. What I'm expecting either tonight or next Monday is or either a mixed tag team match to be announced or a one on one between Lana and Summer Rae for Night Of Champions.

During Smackdown last Thursday Kevin Owens hinted that he was coming after Ryback and the Intercontinental Championship and I could not have been happier. You guys's all know that I haven't been a fan of the feud between Ryback, Big Show, and The Miz. It just hasn't worked for me and I don't feel as though it has done anything for Ryback or the championship itself. There was no solid story to get into and even to this day, I can sit here and say that the Miz had no role or purpose in the feud what so ever. I am glad that the whole thing has come to an end now and we are starting to see something different. I think feuding with Kevin Owens is going to do so much good for Ryback. Owens is such a strong heel with so much character and amazing wrestling ability and I genuinely feel as though he is going to bring out a whole other side to Ryback. He will be able to push him to levels in and outside of the ring., He will push him to show and bring more character, to explore he's move set more and I think there is a lot to be excited about with these two and their up and coming feud. On tonight's show what we can expect is for these two to collide. Ryback will have to defend the Intercontinental Championship in two weeks time at Night Of Champions so if he is set to challenge Kevin Owens then we need to see the two of them clash and see a story really kick start between them witch should be interesting. As for Big Show and Miz, I can't personally see anything big happening for them. Miz is most likely going to continue hosting more editions of Miz TV witch I don't mind because to be honest I have been enjoying them recently and as for Big Show, even though I'm not he's biggest fan in the world I would like to see him booked into something strong even though it's unlikely. To be honest though, I have no idea if he is working as a baby face or a heel at the moment.

The past week hasn't been a great one at all for the Divas division. Last Monday on RAW the WWE put on the first ever divas beat the clock challenge and it didn't go down well what so ever. It was one of the the biggest disappointments of the year with the WWE yet again failing to live up to expectations and delivering. The times were an absolute joke with every single "match" being under five minuets. Honestly, I was so frustrated and disappointed. The WWE took a huge step back with the divas division and it kind of felt like they were taking the piss out of the fans and the divas. Anyway, despite how badly it was done, Charlotte ended the night as the number one contender and there was some story being told thanks to Brie. During their match last week we saw Brie try and keep as far away from Charlotte as possible so she couldn't beat Becky's time suggesting that out of the three divas Charlotte is the one that Nikki does not want to face because she is the biggest threat. The main story at the moment in the divas divsion is Nikki's countdown to becoming the longest reigning divas champion and suppressing AJ Lee's reign of two hundred and ninety five days. Next week before night of Champions, she will become the longest reigning divas champion in history and because of that Charlotte has demanded that she gets her divas championship match before night of Champions so she can prevent Nikki from becoming the longest reigning champion. Now, I'm not sure if we will see that match happen tonight or next Monday but I'm very interested in seeing what the girls will bring in their match when it does take place. Tonight, we can expect Nikki to respond to Charlotte request witch will be something to see. I would also really like to see Paige in action tonight against Sasha Banks or a member of team bad after happened last week during her beat the clock match.  It would be nice to actually have some story in the division.

The tag division is red hot at the moment with the New Day, The Prime Time Players, and the Dudley Boys dominating.  The nine time tag team champs have managed to score victories over both teams earning a tag team championship match at some point, while the Darren Young and Titus O'Neil still have their rightful rematch against the New Day. I think it's safe to say that we are all expecting to see a triple threat tag team match at night of champions in a couple of weeks between these three and that match is most likely to be announced tonight. I loved how the New Day were booked last week on Smackdown so I'm hopeing that continues tonight. All three teams are out for momentum so we can expect to see them all in action and /or all make an appearance. Talking of Smackdown, during last Thursday's show we also saw an alliance start between the Ascension and Stardust witch I am not a fan of what so ever but I am interested in seeing what the WWE have planned for the three of them.
Finally, my current favourite feud is without a doubt the on going work between Ambrose and Reigns and the Wyatt family. Last Monday on RAW we saw the in ring debut of Braun Strowman and what an impressive debut it was. I will link bellow my RAW Review and Reactions from last week so you can see exactly what I thought of it and what I had to say but I was very very impressive with what we saw from him and I'm very very interested and seeing what else he has to offer. Because we haven't seen much of him at all it's still difficult to make judgements but he brings so much
unpredictability and I love that. We learnt last week that at Night Of Champions Bray, Harper, and Braun Strowman will face Ambrose, Reigns and a mystery opponent and over the past couple of days there have been many rumours as to who that mystery opponent will be/is. I'm sure you have all seen the picture that showed NXT Superstars Baron Corbin as the third member and even though I am a mega Baron Corbin fan I wouldn't like to see him debut in two weeks time just because he is far from ready. The other superstar most of us believe is the mystery partner is Erick Rowan witch I personally would love and I'm hopeing for. I have heard that Ambrose and Reigns will be announcing their partner tonight but it hasn't been made official so don't count on it.

So they are my predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW, you can let meknow what yours are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

RAW Review and Reactions
Top 15 Superstars of August
Top 20 Matches of August part 1
Top 20 Matches of August part 2

Comments

Popular Posts