NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Sasha Banks VS Bayley

NXT Women's Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Now, I know that it has been a while since I last uploaded a proper blog post that wasn't pre posted and I have really really missed writing. I touched briefly on why I was taking a couple of weeks off but I will go into a little more detail now just because I think it's right that I do so. Some of you may be aware that I had two visits to the hospital in one week during the middle of September after suffering from sever migraines and about a million other symptoms and I was told I had high blood pressure and the reason I was so ill was stress related. After speaking to my doctor it seemed like the best move to make taking the rest of the month off and I have to admit while I did get very bored at times, it felt great to have some time out to rest and enjoy watching a wrestling product without thinking about what I have to write. However, my break is well and truly over now and I'm back today with the start of my NXT Takeover Respect prediction week. Throughout the week I will be uploading my prediction posts for every single match on the card for next Wednesday's live show. You guys all know just how much I enjoy writing these blog post so this is a great way to start a new season on my blog after a not so great month of September. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the actual live show next week using the hash-tag NXT Takeover and on the same day I will be posting my support pictures so you all know who my final picks are for every single match. Before we close up the intro I just want to quickly mention that in two weeks time I will begin writing my of the year posts for two thousand and fifteen witch will start being uploaded on the first day of December running through to the first week of January so if there are any posts you would like to see in the series then let me know and I would also love to know who you think has been the superstar and diva of the yea so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Four weeks ago it was announced by NXT general manager, William Regal, that at NXT Takeover Respect, Bayley would defend her NXT Women's Championship against Sasha Banks in the main event in the first ever thirty minuet Ironwomen match. With both divas setting the bar extremely high back at NXT Takeover Brooklyn, the pressure is on to deliver and put on a performance that can match or even top the last.  In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back through what both girls have been up to in the past month and making my final bold predictions. With so much to get through let's not waste any more time and jump right into the post!

Here is what I wrote about Sasha Banks in my previous top fifteen superstars of the month:
"At number three this month is lost months number two spot holder, former NXT Women's Champion, Sasha Banks. It still feels weird calling her a "former" champion but I will get used to it. This month Sasha has remained the top diva on the block without a doubt. She has clearly been the favourite amongst the fans all month and has been the most must see WWE diva on the current roster. I'm going to quickly start of by commenting about her podcast interview with Chris Jericho. Now, if you haven't heard it I seriously recommend that you do and I will try and link it bellow if I can find a link. It was such a great interview and we really got to learn more about Sasha growing up as a wrestling fan and how she got into wrestling. Her journey to the WWE is something that we should all admire and it's so interesting to listen to so go and check it out. Anyway, this month we saw Sasha compete on both NXT and on RAW and Smackdown. Since coming up to the main roster Sasha has been proving week after week why she's the boss and it's paid off big time. She has competed in some of the best divas matches of the month and without a doubt has been the strongest women in the WWE. In her six divas tag team match (team BAD VS Team Bella) she was one of the top stand outs and had one of the best showings of the night. She spent the most amount of time in the ring out of her team and was the one we were all talking about come the end of the night. She also had a couple of really strong performances on Smackdown. Her tag team match against Charlotte and Becky Lynch was one of my favourite diva matches of the month also and we have had a strong amount of time on the mic where she has sounded great. Then on NXT we have seen her have her final feud with Bayley. At NXT Takeover the two of them had the best match of the night without a doubt and she truly did cement herself as the greatest female wrestler in the WWE right now. Her performance at Takeover was just insane and I was left so inspired, honestly I have watched this match at least nine times since Takeover. This month Sasha has been on fire. Her promo at NXT during the contract signing was amazing. She's managed to be the strongest heel diva in the WWE but still had an arena of fifteen thousand plus people chanting for her on RAW. She picked up a huge win over the divas champion on the go home show for SummerSlam, at SummerSlam her team may not have last long but she was seriously over with the crowd and had a couple of impressive spots, and has remained at the top of her game. Fully on the main roster and having nothing keeping her in NXT, Sasha is bound to break new heights on the main roster."

It's understatement to say that the year of two thousand and fifteen has been absolutely amazing for Sasha Banks. She has become one of the most must see talents the company has to offer and arguably the greatest female wrestler in the WWE today. She continues to compete in outstanding matches and is yet to be pinned or submitted on the main roster. This coming Wednesday Banks will step in the ring with a women she knows all to well, Bayley, as she looks to recapture the NXT Women's Championship. Now, the last time these two divas went one on one they tore the house down and put on without a doubt the match of the night and so the steaks are extremely high a second time round. These girls are under so much pressure to provide the fans with a match that can top what we saw at Brooklyn. With Sasha now on the main roster, I do think that the match is predicable when it comes to the ending. We all know that Bayley will be retaining but regardless of that I don't think anyone can hide their excitement for this match. When it comes down to the actual action, it's extremely difficult to predict just what we might be seeing. Sasha Banks is without question one of the greatest female wrestlers the WWE has ever seen. She ticks every single box and day by day is creating her own legacy and I honestly believe that twenty years from now the Banks name will be the one everyone will be talking about and wanting to live up to. Every single time she steps out into  the ring she delivers and never once disappointments. From the moment her music hits she's in character and throughout her matches she stays in character perfectly, telling an amazing story and portraying her self as the best female heel in all of the WWE, showing all the women how a female heel should behave. Her cocky, arrogant style and character goes down so well not only because she is great at doing it but because she lives up to her every word when she steps in the ring. Her wrestling ability is like nothing I have ever seen from a female competitor. Just when you think she isn't capable of anything more she wow's you with something you never saw coming. Putting her in a thirty minuet Iron-woman match just allows her to be completely ruthless and opens her up to a whole new world. The night that Bayley made her return to NXT as champion was a great night to showcase just how far Banks has come with her character. Her mic work in particular really stood out for me and was something I didn't stop talking about. For me I was always waiting for her to just show a little more improvement in her mic work just so that everything was all at the same level and on this night in particular she really did impress me. She spoke with so much ease, she was in full character, and connected well with the live crowd. Demanding that she wanted to beat Bayley over and over again was a great part of showing just how ruthless and aggressive she really is. It also showed just how personal their feud has gotten. It now about more than the NXT women's Championship, its about proving who is the greatest female wrestler in the WWE today. It's about proving once and for all who is the best of the best. Now, I do think that Sasha is going to be the stand out of the entire night and the one we are all left talking about. With her hugely wide move set, unpredictability and skill, we are bound to see something completely out of this world when she steps in the ring next week. But what we can also expect is for her to push Bayley to her limits just like she did at Brooklyn. If Bayley wants to keep hold of her NXT Women's Championship then she is going to have to put on the fight of her life because the Boss isn't going to go down easily.

Here is what I wrote about Bayley in my previous top fifteen superstars of the month:
"For the first time ever here on my blog, we have a diva taking the top spot as the new NXT Women's Champion, Bayley is crowned this months number one superstar of August. I really did want to change things up this month and I wanted to have my number one spot filled by someone we have never had in the top five. For months I have wanted to have a diva at number one  and last month Sasha Banks came very very close but there were a couple of things that made me side with Lesnar for the top spot. However, August is a whole different story and when I looked back at my notes from the past month it was clear that NXT Diva Bayley was at the top of this months list. Over the past four weeks we have seen Bayley climb to the top in her division. She has taken all the necessary steps and more to becoming the face of the NXT Divas Division and she has earned her place at the top without a doubt. You will all probably know but a year ago I was not a mega Bayley an. I wasn't invested in her character and I didn't get all the hype surrounding her, but the more I watched and the more attention I paid the more I began to like her and I can now sit here and say that she is one of my favourite WWE divas of today. Over the past month Bayley has won me over completely. If there was any doubt still there before the start of August then I can safely say that there is none now what so ever. She has worked her butt off this past month and I have felt like we as the fans have been so invested and involved in her journey to becoming the NXT Women's Champion. I have compared it to the Sami Zayn road to redemption storyline and I still stick by that because it really did have that feel to it. We saw Bayley take on and defeat some of the best divas in NXT history including Emma, Charlotte, and Becky Lynch before competing at the biggest NXT Takeover event to date. Her match with Charlotte on an episode of NXT (witch featured in this months top twenty) had so much story and depth to it. I was so emotionally into the match and I felt like it was a key part in her journey this month. Charlotte has been the top dog in NXT for the past year and to be the best you got to beat the best and that is exactly what Bayley did. She proved herself in this match and then she did the exact same thing in her number one contenders match with Becky Lynch witch was also a great match and featured in my top twenty. When she went to NXT Takeover Brooklyn, Bayley without a doubt had her best match to date. Her and Sasha Banks tore the house down and had the match of the night. They both had such an amazing performance and put on what is quite possibly the greatest women's wrestling match I have ever seen and one of the best matches of the year. It was the night that Bayley truly became a star and cemented her legacy in NXT. NXT this month has been all about Bayley. We have had some great promos from her. I loved that she attacked Sasha in the contract signing, I loved all the matches that she competed in this month and I love the fact that she is the last member of the four horse women left standing in NXT. This month it has all been about Bayley and she more than deserves to be the number one spot holder."

Over the past year I have honestly become such a big Bayley fan. As you know, I started out a little unsure on her. I didn't know what to think and I wasn't understanding why everyone was so team Bayley. But the past twelve months has seen her work her butt off. She improves in every aspect every single time she steps in the ring. She just like Banks has become one of the most must see NXT talents of all time and one of the greatest female wrestlers the WWE has ever seen, and what I love about Bayley and what I found so fascinating is that I don't believe we have seen a fraction of what Bayley has to offer. She is absolutely outstanding when she competes in the ring but I just know that there is still so much more left to see of her and so much more she has to show us and taking on Banks in a thirty minuet Iron-woman match is going to prove that. This night is going to be the night that changes Bayley's career forever. Now, the year of two thousand and fifteen has seen Bayley take on the Sami Zayn road to redemption story. She competed in an amazing fatal four way witch I did think was going to see her become the champion then and there (I think a lot of people thought that was going to be her night), she was then out on injury, and when she came back she started her road to the top. It was where her journey to becoming champion really began. She came back with a new attitude and a new level of determination. I can honestly say that I enjoyed her little feud with Emma. I thought it was such a great idea and addition to her road to the top. Some great story telling once again in the division. I also loved the fact she wanted to beat the best, Charlotte. Beating Charlotte is something we have always seen Bayley want to do and once she was able to do that it really did allow her to believe in herself even more and brought even more fire to her belly.Before taking on Banks at Brooklyn she proved her self week in and week out and when she finally competed for the title she made sure everyone was aware that the area of Bayley was alive and going. She impressed me so much at Brooklyn and I don't think there is a single person that isn't a Bayley fan after her performance on that night. Since becoming champion Bayley has been proving herself to be extremely worthy. She has taken on every challenger in her way, she has connected with the NXT universe on a whole other scale and next week she will make history in the main event of NXT Takeover Respect. Now, like I have said, we all know that Bayley will be walking away with the victory next week but she is going to have to put up one heck of a fight if she wants to keep hold of her championship. I do believe that Bayley will be putting on the best match and performance of her career next week.

Next Wednesday NXT  will prove once again why they are the product to watch and why it is the perfect place for female professional wrestling as Sasha Banks and Bayley make history twice in one night when they become the first divas to main event an NXT Takeover show and compete in the first ever Ironwomen match. The reaction from the fans speaks volumes. Full sail completely blew up when Regal made the announcement and it's because we want to see divas compete. I don't know how many times I have said it before but the WWE need to realise that the fans really do want to see women's wrestling. This match is without a doubt sending a huge message. Triple H and the NXT team clearly want to show a real change in women's wrestling for the future and this is the match that will change everything for good. It really shows just how far women's wrestling and NXT alone has come. NXT has done so much to change the perception of WWE divas and what we can expect from them and for the first time in a long time it has allowed female wrestling fans to be proud to be a
women and has given us something to look up to and aspire to be like. Now, for Sasha Banks and Bayley, these girls are under a lot of pressure and topping Brooklyn is going to be extremely difficult because their match on that night was just outstanding. I do think that these two are more than capable of putting on a phenomenal match and topping Brooklyn because they are amazing wrestlers. I am just like everyone else expecting a heck of a lot from this match and I'm confident that these girls won't disappoint. They never have done and they sure won't be starting at NXT Takeover Respect. I do believe this will be the match of the night and a possible match of the year candidate. I think it's safe to say that after this match, women's wrestling and the standards will never be the same again. I do think that Banks will take the early control and Bayley will use the fans support to get back on track. This is without a doubt going to be an intense action packed match and I can honestly say that I haven't been this excited for a match whether it be a divas or superstars match in a long time and I cannot wait to write my review. I personally will be backing Sasha Banks (even though she won't be winning) but I want to know what your predictions are and who you are backing so let me know by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts