Night Of Champions Predictions: Nikki Bella VS Charlotte

Divas Championship match 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. This Sunday live on the WWE Network and cable TV, the WWE will present the two thousand and fifteen Night Of Champions pay per view. The show will be held in Houston Texas as the WWE takes over the Toyota Center and the match card is without a doubt one of the strongest of the year so far. If I'm being completely honest, I have over the years lost a lot of interest in this pay per view. If we go back six years ago or so the scene was very different and we had many more championships on the roster and so it does kind of feel like there's no need for the pay per view any more. However, I am super excited for the show this Sunday and I'm looking forward to most of the matches set to take place. Throughout this week it is of course Night Of Champions prediction week witch means that all week right up until Saturday I will be uploading my full predictions for every single match on the Night Of Champions card. I will be recapping all of the action from the past month, taking a look back at what all the superstars have been up too and then of course taking an even deeper look into the individual predictions. On Sunday I will of course be live tweeting throughout the show and the links to all my social media will be listed bellow at the end of the post. Also on Sunday I'll be uploading my support pictures to let you know who I will be backing for every match. Before we start I have a couple of updates for you. Now, next month I will have a new series on my blog. July and August was of course NXT month (and I still have a couple of blog post to upload from that) but next month it will be a new series here and I would love to know what you would like to see, so let me know down in the comments bellow. You have two weeks to let me know what you want next month to be dedicated too. I also would really love to know what posts you would like to see here on my blog before October. I really want to start uploading more regularly and writing more diverse blog posts so let me know as well what you would like to read every day. I will link bellow any recent blog post and you can let me know what your predictions are for all the matches this weekend by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday live on the WWE Network Nikki Bella will defend her divas Championship against the genetically superior diva, Charlotte at the Night Of Champions pay per view. It has been quite some time since we last saw Nikki defend her championship and this weekend she faces one of the most dominate divas in the history of NXT, but who will end the night with the title around their waste? Will the divas revolution get back on track and crown a new top diva in the locker room? Or will Nikki Bella keep hold of her championship for another month? We have so much to get through in today's blog post so let's waste no more time and jump right into things...

Here is what I wrote about Charlotte in last months top fifteen superstars of the month:
"Kick starting the top five this month is another diva and this time it's former NXT Women's Champion, Charlotte. Last month Charlotte was at number seven in my top fifteen of the month but after an amazing past four weeks there was no doubt that she had to be in the top five at least. It's no secret that divas have been taking over this past month and Charlotte has been one of the top names in the process. She has been competing on both the main roster and on NXT and has been one of the most impressive women in the WWE as a result. If we go back to right at the start of the month on the first RAW of August we saw Charlotte team up with fellow PCB member Becky Lynch to take on the Bella twins. The match wasn't the best in the world but it was decent and Charlotte was without a doubt the most fun to watch and was the stand out. She also made the divas champion tap out to get the win for her team. On the same week she competed in a great match against Bayley on NXT. This was one of my favourite divas matches of the month and you can see exactly what I had to say about it in my top twenty matches of the month part one post witch will be linked bellow. Charlotte may not have gotten the win but she sure did have an emotional great permanence. Then on Smackdown she competed in two matches. One short one against Naomi witch was shaping up to be great but after outside just as she was closing in on the victor, the match turnt into a tag team match witch was once again one of my favourite divas matches of the night and Charlotte was yet again a top stand out. The following week on Smackdown she got her one on one rematch against Naomi and the two had a decent match witch saw Charlotte pick up another big victory. She was also the stand out of her match at the NXT Brooklyn special were after the match she made a huge statement letting everyone know she is still the top dog. This month we have also seen the former NXT Women's Champion have some time on the mic and steal the show during the divas match at SummerSlam. This month Charlotte has been at the top of her game and it's clear she's coming after that Divas Championship. The month of September looks to be a very strong one for Charlotte."

Without a doubt, Charlotte has been the most dominate diva throughout the "divas revolution" and the WWE have made it no secret that they are giving her the biggest push as she makes her way up to becoming the next WWE Divas Champion. There have been many rumours about when Charlotte was supposed to become champion but I think we all seem to be getting lost in all the rumours and are forgetting the most important thing; regardless of the timing the WWE know that the divas Nikki will be dropping her championship too will most certainly be Charlotte. The genetically superior divas has received the biggest push of the three NXT divas that got the call up and has received the most amount of TV time. Do I agree with the process and what we have been seeing? To be honest I don't. I will go into more detail later on in the blog post about what I would have preferred to have seen but if I'm going to be fair, I have to say that Charlotte has worked her butt off over the past year to cement her early legacy and prove that she is without a doubt the right person to become the next divas champion. She earned her right to face Nikki at Night Of Champions for the title when she was able to knock off Brie Bella in one minuet forty during the first ever divas beat the clock challenge. Now, when Charlotte did make her official WWE RAW debut (witch isn't the time she faced Natalya in a god awful match on RAW) she did receive the biggest pop from the crowd. The fans had been waiting a long time for the former NXT Women's Champion to arrive on the big stages and it had become apparent that her debut had been long awaited and dragged out. I personally, was expecting to see her debut much much before the time she actually did but I'm certainly not sitting here complaining about a WWE diva staying in NXT even longer. Since making the move up to the main roster, Charlotte has continued to build momentum week after week. She has been the stand outs of most diva segments. She has competed in several strong matches and even in the weaker bouts she has remained the stand out with going over the top rope, spearing divas left right and center, and using the impressive figure eight pretty much every single week. We have seen Charlotte score victories over all members of Team Bella including making the divas champion tap out. What I also think is something we should be pointing out is how well she has managed to bring out the best in some of the longest serving divas in the WWE in particularly Brie and Alicia Fox. Charlotte has without a doubt been the most impressive diva on the main roster over the past month and has been the one that everyone has been talking about. However, I know for a fact we haven't seen a fraction of what she can do in the ring and what she is capable of. I will be talking more about the fail of the divas revolution later on in the blog post but Charlotte hasn't been given enough time what so ever to showcase her full potential and I'm hopeing that we see that change this up and coming weekend. She hasn't had the strongest of build ups when it comes down to storyline's mainly because the WWE have been far too focused on Nikki suppressing AJ Lee's title reign rather than elevating the championship itself witch is a shame and once again something that is very different to what we see on NXT in the division. However, I have fairly high expectations of Charlotte this weekend and I think it is safe to say she is looking to have a great night at Night Of Champions.

My opinions on Nikki Bella change very frequently as you will know by previous blog posts and tweets. One minuet I'm a fan the next I'm far from it. However, unlike a lot of people I can sit here and I can mention the things that she does bring to the division and the things I actually like about her. Now, I am a Total Divas watcher. Judge me as much as you wish; and when I watch that show regardless on how I personally feel about the way she lives her life and her wrestling ability she does have a genuine passion to be the best. She may not be strongest diva on the roster when it comes to her all round skill as a pro wrestler, but she has the fight and determination of a champion. She want's to be at the top and she wants to represent the division and bring out the best in division. She wants women's wresting to improve and she's passionate about the divas division and for that I have to give her credit. We have as well, seen her make some pretty big improvements on the mic and in the ring over the past year. The last twelve months has seen her and Brie pushed into the limelight meaning they have had more time in the ring and more time on the mic meaning their weakness were being exposed and as a result they both took a lot of heat. I did however, write a blog post at the end of the year witch discussed why I felt Nikki Bella was the most improved of the year and I will link that bellow so you can give that a read as well. Now, saying all that I agree with the majority of you when it comes to Nikki's title reign. She has without a doubt held the title for far too long. It's okay for any WWE Superstar or Diva to have a lengthy reign just take a look at the likes of CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, John Cena, Maryse, and even AJ Lee but it has to be done right and the WWE haven't done that with Nikki. The difference between her title reign and AJ Lee's was there was a story with AJ's. From the moment she captured the divas championship all eyes were on her an we couldn't wait to see what she would bring and she didn't let us down. There was fantastic storytelling and she brought something exciting and new. I didn't like how Nikki won the championship what so ever. That was the first mistake that the WWE made. It made her look weak and while they were clearly trying to have her come across as the heel that would do anything and use anyone to get hold of the championship but it was a bad start and didn't go down well at all. What has also come to my attention is that since becoming champion we have only seen Nikki really feud with Paige and AJ Lee until recently. There's been no diversity in her storyline's/feuds witch isn't her fault what so ever but it just highlights the lack of trust the WWE have had in her and the division. They writing has been so weak and as a result we have only seen a couple of matches that are worthy of being called great or even decent. With the whole divas revolution I don't think Nikki has been booked right at all. There may be a change happening but the championship is still on Nikki Bella and she needed to still be coming across strong and dominate. The mic work has been weak, the matches have been weak, and the storytelling has been beyond weak and once again the WWE have failed the division and it's champion. I without a doubt believe that it is time for a change. The WWE Universe and the division is ready for a change and we are long over due a new champion. I one hundred and ten percent feel as though Nikki is going to be under a lot of pressure this weekend. She is right back in the spotlight and is without a doubt facing her toughest challenge yet in Charlotte. They both have their differences and the similarities and I'm hopeing that shines through and they manage to bring out the best in one another.

Most of you will know that I was not for Nikki Bella becoming the longest reigning divas champion of all time. I will always be team AJ Lee and I did want her to remain the longest reigning divas champion. However, I'm always up for a change and I understand some of the reasons why the WWE wanted Nikki to hold the title even longer but the way they went about it was completely wrong. Her win against Charlotte this past week on RAW was terrible. The match was week and her victory wasn't clean. We have seen Nikki pick up victories just like that before, it was only a couple of months ago we saw the exact same ending with her match against Paige. This championship match on RAW should have been the turning point. It should have highlighted the changes that the WWE are making. We should have been provided with a long entertaining match but it was just another typical main roster divas match. It failed to live up to the hype and the WWE didn't show us any changes being made. It's clear that the divas revolution storyline eventually became lost and the only goal the WWE had was getting rid of a piece of history AJ Lee made. I don't think Nikki proved herself on Monday what so ever and it's a big big shame.

I have been really really disappointed with what we have seen from the divas division recently. The WWE have been so focused on trying to make everyone believe that they are following the trend of women in sport taking over the world that it has come across dated and boring. The whole "divas revolution" has been yet another failed attempt to prove that women are equal in the business or should I say on the main roster. It frustrates me because week after week for the past couple of years now we have seen NXT perform to such a high level and it's female talent have at times been putting on better matches than the male superstars of the roster. For example, just take a look at NXT Takeover Brooklyn last month and the outstanding Women's Championship match between Sasha Banks and Bayley where they without a doubt had the match of the night and stole the show. I understand the reasons why there are changes on the main roster and the NXT roster and the way things are done but now it's just a matter of respect for women in the company. If the NXT girls can get a fifteen minuet match on a one hour show plus another women's match yet on the main roster we are still only having divas matches that are at the most ten minuets in the space of a three hour show. Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that WWE have made no changes because they have. They are putting on slightly longer matches and we have had more than one match in one night but it's not enough and to be honest it didn't last long. It kind of feels like the WWE tried to manipulate the fans. They used the hype of the three NXT divas coming up and in the first couple of weeks we had some decent matches mostly coming from Sasha Banks to be fair and then as soon as they hype faded out we began to see the matches weaken. The WWE universe are not stupid. We saw the matches get worse by the weak and the poor writing, lack of energy and enthusiasm from the divas sent things right back from the start. I would never condone a disrespectful crowd but I honestly don't believe the WWE divas have a right to complain about the reaction they received the night after SummerSlam because the match was boring and difficult to sit through. The problem that the WWE have had is that the writers have been lazy. There has been no story during the whole thing and so there has been no reason to pay attention,. It's one thing for the WWE to say women's wrestling is important but it's another to build each diva as a defined character with strong motivations. All they had to do was copy what NXT are doing with it's female talent but they let the fans down yet again. As a result Nikki and Charlotte are under a lot of pressure this weekend. They need to prove everyone wrong and put on a great match. They are both more than capable of doing so. Charlotte is one of the best divas in the whole of the WWE. She's extremely athletic and has one killer of a move set. Nikki is one of the most experienced divas on the roster. She's been with the WWE for around eight years and she knows how to bring character to her matches and story telling, it's two things she does very very well. I know for a fact that Charlotte will be able to bring out a whole other side to Nikki and what I'm hopeing is they get at least thirteen to fifteen minutes in the ring this Sunday. If Nikki is going to be dropping her title then she deserves to drop it after a fantastic match. It's my hope that they have a lengthy match witch is making me a little excited for it. I would have been much more excited for and looking forward to this match if it was a triple threat. I have been saying for the past couple of months that I would have liked to have seen Nikki put the title on the line against both Sasha Banks and Charlotte. Their all from different teams and it just would have made sense plus the fact Banks made Nikki tap out should have put her in the match anyway but I am interested in seeing where things go from and after Sunday. I am predicting that Nikki will drop the title this weekend. There is
no need what so ever for her to keep hold of it. She's been champion for far too long and it's time for a change. The WWE have been building Charlotte up as the next champion from the moment she was called up so it is a predicable match. However, I'm expecting more after the match. Throughout the month we have seen hints of Paige turning heel and I'm confident that we could see her turn on Charlotte after she picks up the championship. I'm hopeing we see this anyway. It would be the story that we have all been looking for and will give more depth and interest to the division. We need these teams to start splitting up so we have more meaning to the division. Team PCB have been promoting "women power" and their friendship from the start so the irony and the shock of Paige's heel turn would be great to see and would really work.

That is what I think and what my predictions are this weekend's divas Championship match, but I want to know what YOU think! Let me know what your predictions are for this and every other match on the card for this Sunday's pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Night Of Champions Predictions: Dolph Ziggler VS Rusev
Night Of Champions Predictions: Sting VS Seth Rollins
Night Of Champions Predictions:The Dudley Boyz VS New Day
Night Of Champions Predictions: Ryback VS Kevin Owens
Night Of Champions Predictions: John Cena VS Seth Rollins

Comments

Popular Posts