Night Of Champions Predictions: The Dudley Boys VS The New Day

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. This Sunday live on the WWE Network and cable TV, the WWE will present the two thousand and fifteen Night Of Champions pay per view. The show will be held in Houston Texas as the WWE takes over the Toyota Center and the match card is without a doubt one of the strongest of the year so far. If I'm being completely honest, I have over the years lost a lot of interest in this pay per view. If we go back six years ago or so the scene was very different and we had many more championships on the roster and so it does kind of feel like there's no need for the pay per view any more. However, I am super excited for the show this Sunday and I'm looking forward to most of the matches set to take place. Throughout this week it is of course Night Of Champions prediction week witch means that all week right up until Saturday I will be uploading my full predictions for every single match on the Night Of Champions card. I will be recapping all of the action from the past month, taking a look back at what all the superstars have been up too and then of course taking an even deeper look into the individual predictions. On Sunday I will of course be live tweeting throughout the show and the links to all my social media will be listed bellow at the end of the post. Also on Sunday I'll be uploading my support pictures to let you know who I will be backing for every match. Before we start I have a couple of updates for you. Now, next month I will have a new series on my blog. July and August was of course NXT month (and I still have a couple of blog post to upload from that) but next month it will be a new series here and I would love to know what you would like to see, so let me know down in the comments bellow. You have two weeks to let me know what you want next month to be dedicated too. I also would really love to know what posts you would like to see here on my blog before October. I really want to start uploading more regularly and writing more diverse blog posts so let me know as well what you would like to read every day. I will link bellow any recent blog post and you can let me know what your predictions are for all the matches this weekend by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After defeating the Prime Time Players this past Monday on RAW, The New Day will put their tag team championships on the line once again however this time they are taking on two all time greats, the Dudley Boyz live on the WWE Network at Night Of Champions. Who will be walking out of the pay per view with tag team gold (bronze)? In today's blog post I will be recapping what both teams have been up to this past month and making my bold prediction. So with so much to get through lets not waste any more time and jump right into the predictions.

It was back at one of the most eventful editions of Monday night RAW of the year, twenty four hours after the SummerSlam pay per view that we saw the shock return of one of the most decorated tag teams in sports entertainment history, the Dudley Boyz. Thanks to social media, it is next to impossible to have a return/appearance/debut of a WWE superstar kept a secret, with articles, photos, and websites revealing all. However, I think it is fair to say that not many members of the WWE universe had a clue that D-Von and Bubba Ray would be surprising the New Day only one night after one of the biggest events of the year. Growing up I was major Dudley Boyz fan, to the point where I begged my mum to let me attempt to put my brother through a wooden table. Don't worry there was more of a chance of seeing pigs fly and dogs sing than that happening. When they did make their shock return I marked out like the seven year old me was screaming to do so. It was so unexpected, so well timed and well done, I couldn't fault it what so ever. They returned with a huge reaction from the live crowd and everyone at home as they kick started a new run in the WWE after spending over a decade out of a World Wrestling Entertainment ring as they look to become ten time tag team champions. The return of this tag team in particularly does huge huge things for the division witch is undergoing it's only revolution. Over the years the Dudley Boyz have without a doubt become one of the most entertaining, must see, legendary tag teams in the history of this sport and the fact that they are back in action and working with some of the younger, up and coming teams is a massive deal. Their role is now about much more than holding gold/bronze, they are back to elevate the tag teams of today and the future,and starting with the New Day is the best move the WWE could have made. Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, and Big E have been the top dogs in the tag division for months and they have been looking for that real, tough competition for a while. The Dudley Boyz are that competition. Bubba and D-Von have bags and bags of experience and that really is going to be showcased massively this up and coming weekend. They won't be suffering from any ring rust what so ever. For the past several years both superstars have been competing in Impact wrestling both as a tag and solo competitors. I think that while working for TNA they have done a great deal of growing up and along the way have developed a brand new set of fans. Their will be some younger fans who probably haven't seen TNA before or their previous work for WWE who won't know who they are but the Buzz and excitement surrounding the Dudley Boyz would have gotten anyone doing their research. So far the Dudley Boyz and the New Day have developed a decent amount of chemistry. When Bubba and D-Von made their return they sent a huge message to the tag team champions on the night clearing the ring of all things New Day and sending Xavier Woods through a "table". From that the WWE have been able to work off of a decent storyline that consist of the New Day protesting that they #GiveTablesAChance witch has been extremely entertaining and fun to watch. This weekend however, the fun and games will be over. Will the legends of the tag division be able to knock off the hottest topic in the tag division today and become ten time champions? Let's take a look into what their competition has been up to this past month.

Here is what I wrote about the New Day in last months top fifteen superstars of the month:
Coming in at number seven this month is the only tag team in this list for August, the New Day. I'm sure you all saw this coming. There was now way I could not put these guys in my August top fifteen superstars of the month. They have had a great past four weeks and with the tag division heating up thanks to the return of the Dudley Boyz (witch I'm still trying to get over) last week. Throughout August the New Day have by far remained at the top of their division. It actually got to the point this month where I spent the whole not waiting for and getting excited for the New Day's part of the night and trust me that rarely happens with anyone and I think it's because they are so unpredictable. You don't know what they have waiting around the corner and what will come out of their mouths next. Without a doubt they have been the most entertaining and fun to watch tag team. Whether you love them or hate them you have an opinion on them and you have some kind of chant to feed them. This month these guys have been on a role as they have been climbing there way up to becoming two time tag team champions.  Throughout the month we have seen them compete in various tag team matches were they may not have always picked up the win but they have been the ones we have all been talking about come the end of the night. Their promos have been insane! Honestly the smiles these guys put on my face and how much they make me laugh is more than any WWE superstar has done in years. If you haven't seen their interview with Michael Cole from last week I seriously advise that you go and give it a watch because it's the funniest thing  have ever seen. Their entrances this month have been the best things I have seen all month and have had me actually chanting "this awesome" at my own TV. Their performance at SummerSlam was one of the strongest of the night and they had one of the best tag team matches of the entire year.I was so glad that they became two time tag team champions. The Prime Time Players were great champions but they had nothing on the New Day when it came to personality and charisma and even wrestling ability. Big E has for me been the stand out and the one I have enjoyed watching the most. I have however really grown to like Xavier Woods. I've said it before but he hasn't been my favourite person in the world but he has really grown on me in the past month. With the Dudley Boyz back things look to be getting even stronger for the New Day and the tag division.

For months now the New Day have been the top dogs of the WWE tag division. They have gone through every other team on the roster from the Lucha Dragons, to Los Matadores, and of course most recently, the Prime Time Players. So this month Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, and Big E were all looking for something new and fresh, tougher competition and that is exactly what they got. The night after the biggest SummerSlam to date, the New Day alongside the WWE universe were surprised to see the shock return of one of the most decorated tag teams in the history of this business, the Dudley Boyz. After then years away from the company, D-Von and Bubba Ray were back  and sent a huge message to the tag team champions letting them know they were coming for their championships. Throughout the past four weeks or so we have seen the two teams do battle in separate matches in the build up to the Night Of Champions match up set to take place this weekend both teams on the hunt for momentum. If we take a look at the previous feud that we saw the New Day compete in it was against Titus O'Neil and Darren Young, The Prime Time Players, and while the two teams developed a great deal of chemistry it always felt like something was missing. There was no fire and something just wasn't quit right, so I have loved the idea of having the three teams all involved in one big feud. I  think it has been the right move to make having the New Day still come across as the biggest threat in the tag team division. The Dudley Boyz are real tough competition for the New Day. It splits the fans massively and the entertainment factor is at an all time high with these two teams. Throughout the build up the Dudley Boyz have developed a great deal of momentum, knocking off several tag teams along the way, however, the champions have not faded into the background what so ever and they too have kept a strong level of momentum. Throughout the past month I have been so impressed and so satisfied with their booking. The WWE have done a fantastic job booking both the Prime Time Players and the New Day in strong matches, allowing them to main event RAW and Smackdown, competing in some great match ups. It has been so refreshing seeing changes made for the division and the New Day have been one of the most consistent team. They are the most fun to watch, the most unpredictable, and the most entertaining but they know how to put on outstanding matches. Big E has been one of my favourite WWE superstars to watch. He's been the driving force of the New Day in my opinion and seeing him compete this weekend against the Dudley Boyz this up and coming Sunday. This is the compelling rivalry and storyline the New Day have been in need of.

I am really really excited for this match. The New Day have been on fire for months now. They have become the most interesting, entertaining tag teams that we have seen in a long time and they have been on the hunt for some new competition for a while now. The Dudley Boyz are the perfect guys to challenge the all clapping, all celebrating champions. The experience Bubba Ray and D-Von posses will mean that the New Day will be pushed to levels they haven't been pushed to yet. This will be a slower paced match but we wont be seeing one team with the upper hand or advantage for too long and it's going to be very very physical. Regardless of how the match concludes this weekend things will be far from over between these two teams and of course the Prime Time Players who still play a role. Personally, I will be backing the New Day just because I think they deserve to hold onto the titles for a little longer and the Dudley Boyz should be pushed even more before they are given the championships. What I would like to see is the New Day use their crafty tactics to pick up the victory and keep hold of their titles for a little longer. After the match during the New Day's celebration we could see the Dudley Boyz put Xavier through another table to remind them that they are still coming after the championships and things are far from over. I would also really like to see the Prime Time Players play some kind of a role this weekend as well. It's inevitable that the Dudley Boyz will be the tag team champions by the end of the year and I'm predicting the titles will change hands at the Hell In a Cell pay per view next month were the match is likely to be a TLC match were Bubba and D-Von will be in their element. They have looked strong throughout the build up of this match but I don't think it is the right time that they take the champions. We need more before we see that happen. But that is what I think. Let me know what your predictions are and who you will be backing this weekend by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts