Top Twenty Matches of August part 2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. We have reached the end of yet another month witch of course means it's that time again. Time to take a look back at the past four weeks highlighting the best moments of August. Today I have part one of my top twenty matches of August. This month there have been a bunch of matches that have stood out for me and I have been surprised by just how many of this months top twenty matches are actually divas matches. There isn't many TNA matches in this months list if I'm being honest but the ones that were put in were hands down my personal favourites. I say it every month but remember these lists are all my own personal opinion but I would still love to know what have been your favourite matches of the month and who you think has been your superstar of the month. We have loads to get through in today's blog post so let's not waste any more time. I will link bellow any recent blog post including my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions and my SummerSlam Review and Reactions post too. You can also tweet me your match of the month at @TezangiVictoria or you can leave a comment bellow.

10) Cesaro VS Randy Orton VS Kevin Owens (RAW 10/8)
So far this year we have had a handful of strong triple threat matches and this month we had another to add to the list as up next we have the number one contenders triple threat match between Cesaro, Kevin Owens, and Randy Orton with the chance to go on and go one on one with Seth Rollins later on in the night for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. At the start of the show we saw all three superstars come down to the ring to confront the champion claiming rights to a title shot. In the end Triple H announced that all three would compete against one another to be names the number one contender and take on Rollins in the main event. You could not call yourself a wrestling fan and not be excited for this match! I spent the entire night waiting for it and I can admit that my excitement may have gone a little over the top. But after all, these are three of the top stars in the WWE. Three very different, very unique, interesting, and fun to watch WWE Superstars, how could you not want this match? Not to mention that they are three of my all time and current favourites.I did have really high expectations of this match up of course and they lived up to the expectations that I had. What made this match so special was the fact that they all brought something different to the ring. They all have a different style, different image, different level of experience and it just made the perfect match. It was also nice seeing a match that we hardly see, something that was different and interesting and managed to keep the entire WWE universe entertained. It was a very exciting, physical match and there was always something going on somewhere. The star of this match without a doubt was Randy Orton. This was just he's nice, plain and simple. From the very start right through to the very end he was in control and made sure that the attention was focused greatly on him. He worked amazingly well with both Owens and Cesaro and brought out the best in them too. He had such a strong, stand out performance and he's victory was so convincing and well done. Owens and Cesaro also had a good showing Of course their chemistry is really strong and they told a story well reminding everyone of their amazing feud. Cesaro was impressive as ever. I think it's amazing that he still manages to wow me and leave me beyond impressed by him. Owens going over the top rope was so out of the blue and so unexpected during that part of the match that I was just sitting on my sofa like "holy freaking crap I didn't see that coming". I think if there were any Kevin Owens doubters left (witch I don't get why their would be) he silenced them all once and for all last night. I also want to mention that I still feel the feels when Cesaro uses  the sharp shooter in honour of Tyson Kidd. Talking of Cesaro, that guy never ever fails to impress and last night was no different. Owens was the one that brought the character in this match witch didn't come to a surprise to me but there was so much athleticism from all three superstars that it was just an epic epic match up.The closing moments were pretty freaking epic with Randy Orton giving out RKO's like he was a wrestling Santa with the end result seeing him pick up a huge win. this match had to be in my top twenty this month..

9) The Vaudevillians VS Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake (NXT Takeover Brooklyn)
Content from NXT Takeover Review and Reaction- Last night Buddy Murpthy and Wesley Blake defended their NXT Tag Team Championships against Aiden English and Simon Gotch, the Vaudevillians. I was really really looking forward to this match. Way more than I was expecting to anyway. I actually think this could be the tag team match I have most looked forward too that has ever been at an NXT Takeover show, if that makes sense. I've really gotten into the storyline thanks to a great build up. There's been a great story and we have seen an interesting and entertaining tag team feud and build up the match. I've loved the involvement of Alexa Bliss throughout the build up. She's played such a key role and has really been a huge part in why I have enjoyed the build up to much. Since turning heel at the last NXT Takeover show Alexa Bliss has been a continuous stand out and has really brought more interest to the tag team champions. The tag division in NXT is really really strong at the moment and Murpthy and Blake have been amazing champions and I still really enjoy watching them compete. However, over the past couple of moths I have been way more for team Vaudevillians. Since their return these guy have been so over with the NXT universe and have been one of the most entertaining tag teams to watch. I was so glad they got another shot at the championships. Throughout the build up to the championship match we saw Alexa Bliss take matters into her own hands when it came to dealing with English and Gotch and for a thew weeks there were rumours everywhere that the Vaudevillians would be bringing their own little helper to deal with Alexa Bliss and keep her in line for this match and as we saw last night the challengers were joined by Blue Pants. The moment I saw that the Vaudevillians were wearing Blue I knew that Blue Plants would be joining them. When I say I marked out when she came out I seriously marked the heck out. I honestly did not expect to be that excited to see Blue Pants again. She of course received a massive pop from the crowd and it was great seeing her really get into the match and take advantage of being there. I'm glad we saw some work between her and Alexa, it added even more excitement. The match itself was amazing. I can honestly say that I really really got into this match. This was hands down my favourite NXT Takeover tag team match ever. It was just so fun to watch. We were left hanging, on the edge of our sits throughout the match and it was so easy to get into. The two styles of the two tag teams worked worked perfectly they put on one of my favourite tag team matches of the year. I surprised myself with just how into the match I was. The closing moments were great and I could not have been happier for Aiden English and Simon Gotch. You could really tell how much that victory meant for them.

8) Lucha Dragons VS New Day VS Los Matadores VS Prime Time Players (Summer Slam)
Content from Summer Slam review- Up next the tag team champions, Darren Young and Titus O'Neil, the Prime Time Players defend their championships against New Day, The Lucha Dragons, and Los Matadores. I mentioned in my prediction post that I wasn't supper excited for this match but I was interested in seeing how it was going to play out. I was of course backing the New Day, there's no surprises there but I also liked the fact that there is always that unpredictability factor in the tag team division and that really did keep me interested in the action. Now, trust me when I say the New Day's gear last night was one of my favourite parts of the night. Yeah, small things were pleasing me last night and the ring gear for the New Day was one of them. Also can we just talk about how awesome the rendition of New York/New Day was? I honestly enjoyed it way too much but hey, even my mum got into it so I suppose it really was pretty awesome. These guys give out so much entertainment and in the space of three minuets got me more excited for the match then the past three weeks. Now, a tag team fatal our way match is one of my favourite types of matches witch I don't think I have ever mentioned before but I always love these matches. The start of the match last night reminded us of the rules as for a matter of seconds we had Kofi Kingston and Big E in the ring at the same time and I had completely forgot that if both members from the team are both the legal men then they can pin the other to become the champions. I had to explain it to my mum even though I completely forgot that rule.  New Day and the Lucha Dragons were the early stand outs of this match. Big E really did become the man of the match very early on. Honestly, this guy still manages to amaze me with he's wrestling ability and diversity. He was one of the most unpredictable superstars in the march and he kept me most entertained out of everyone in the match. He moved around that ring like he thought he was the size of Daniel Bryan or something. Talking of New Day the were hands down the most over team last night with the live crowd witch of course put a huge smile on my face. The tag team champs did have a great showing. They spent a lot of time in the ring competing and Darren Young in particular took a real beating at the hands of Big E.Titus O'Neil was also very impressive. He's showcase of strength was just mental! He was thrown bodies around of fully grown men like rag dolls! It was freaking epic and every single move looked completely effortless. The match fun, fast paced, energetic, and so much better than I thought it was going to be. These guys put on one of the best tag team matches of the year. I was a little disappointed we didn't see that match of Los Matadores but they had some great spots. The closing moments were amazing. Out of nowhere Kofi Kingston chucked Titus out of the ring to get a quick sneak victory making the New Day two time tag team champion. Their celebration was amazing and the celebration in my house was pretty amazing too.

7) Finn Balor VS Kevin Owens (NXT Takeover Brooklyn)
Content from NXT Takeover Review- And finally, our main event of the night. Finn Balor VS Kevin Owens in a ladder match for the NXT Championship. I cannot put into words just how excited I was for this match. These are two of my favourite superstars right now and after their previous match I could not wait to see them go at it last night in a ladder match. Back at Beast in the East the two of them put on an epic match up, one of my favourites of the entire yea and I even had it as my match of the month (that blog post will be linked bellow also so you can check that out if you haven't already done so. I enjoyed that match so much and I could not wait to see them go one on one once again. Even though Owens has been working on the main roster and has officially got the call up he has remained  a popular face on NXT and has really been involved in the build up. It was only this pat Wednesday that we got an amazing promo from him witch just got me even more excited for last night's match. They of course had set the bar extremely high and we were all expecting a lot from the match. When it has become a ladder match I was beyond excited and I knew that we were going to be having a match that could quite easily become a match of the year candidate and I could not wait. I was also really looking forward to the entrances alone witch says a lot to be totally honest. Now after the women's match these guys were under so much pressure to deliver. The ladder match was just awesome and exactly what I was expecting it to be. I don't feel as though one superstar stood out more than the other if I'm being totally honest. They both had such an amazing performance that for me there wasn't just one main stand out. The match was extremely physical and it was nothing like what we have seen from NXT before. They both looked like champions throughout the match and they really showed us what putting your body on the line really meant. I loved that even though the show ran over time the match didn't feel rushed and the night ended on a massive high. It was such a great way to close the night after what was an epic show.

6) Adrian Neville VS Seth Rollins (RAW 3/8)
Going right back to the start of the month on the third, we saw Seth Rollins defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for the first time in August. With he's new feud with John Cena now up and running he took some heel move tips from Kevin Owens when he issued an open challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. However, there was a catch, Rollins would only compete against an opponent who stood under six feet tall and weighed less than two hundred pounds. As soon as the champ announced the rules of the opponent I knew straight away who would be coming out of those curtains. Adrian Neville. Fitting the description perfectly, the man that gravity forgot made he's way to the ring to compete in what was he's biggest match to date. A chance to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I loved that these two were going one on one. I mean, come on, lets take a look at some of the things these guys have in common and their history. Both superstars were once the NXT Champion, Rollins being the very first and Neville the longest reigning.  They had a segment a couple of years back on NXT, their both quite similar in the ring, and one of Neville's first matches on the main roster was actually against Seth Rollins. How could you not be excited for this match? You know that when two former NXT champions collide, you're in for a treat! These guy's didn't let us down at all on the night. The match was extremely fast paced. They didn't waste a single second getting right into the action. Neville took early control and really gave the champion a run for he's money. The crowd loved every single second of this match and were so so vocal. Both superstars gave everyone in the arena a reason to cheer, scream, and stand on their feet! The action was fast paced, it was fun, it was exciting, you know not to take your eyes off of the TV screen because you would miss something amazing. They had a great deal of chemistry, not the best in the world but it was enough to make an epic match. They kicked off the show perfectly and out one of my favourite matches of the entire year. Neville was the stand out of this match for me but they both had such a strong, amazing performance. I was on the edge of my eat throughout the match and it just got better and better and better as it went on. It has to be in this months top twenty.

5) Austin Aries VS Rockstar Spud (TNA 5/8)
Up next is a match that is not only one of my favourites of the past month but of the entire year so far, as Rockstar Spud and Austin Aries went one on one back on the fifth. The rules of the match were simple; if Austin Aries won then he would earn the Rockstar name and if Spud won the match then Aries would be forced to leave TNA for good. So it was name VS career. Originally I wasn't expecting that much from this match. Despite being a huge fan of both wrestles and knowing that they are two of the best on the roster I wasn't expecting a match of the year quality match but that is exactly what they put on. I didn't feel like they had bags of chemistry but they worked excellently together. Right from the start until the very end they provided us with a fast paced, technical, fun match that grew in intensity as it went on. Aries was for me the stand out of this match by far. It was such a great match to go out on for Aries. He showcased all he's amazing talents and reminded everyone one last time why he is one of the best wrestlers in the world. I haven't enjoyed watching someone compete that match in a long time. I genuinely found myself clapping at my laptop screen after single move. He transitioned into every move so neatly, so clean, and he made it all look like the most simple and easy thing to in the entire world. Everything looked so effortless yet so amazing at the same time. This match was also the perfect match for the underdog. The two styles of Aries and Spud just fitted perfectly together. Aries really pushed Spud to he's limits and as a result the ultimate underdog had one of he's best matches to date. I honestly really enjoyed this match. I got so into it and enjoyed it way more than I expected to. I thought it was a great match for Aries to leave on and the sportsmanship after the match was great. Aries will always be remembered in TNA as one of the very best.

4) Brock Lesnar VS The Undertaker (Summer Slam)
In at number four this month is a match that the entire world was excited for. The rematch of all rematches. The Beast, Brock Lesnar VS The Phenom, The Undertaker. The main event of the two thousand and fifteen Summer Slam pay per view. I of course was just like everyone else, super excited to see these two go one on one once again. This was a match that was eighteen months in the making and as a life long fan of The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar being one of my favourite WWE Superstars and athletes ever, I could not put into words just how excited I was for this match. I watched it with my brother and my mum and all three of us were on the edges of our seats, screaming at the TV at almost four a.m. I think that's such a major thing to highlight. Not screaming at my TV like a bunch of mad people but the fact that this match was a match for everyone. Me, my mum and my brother are all very very different yet we all were equally excited for this match and into it. Lesnar didn't even let Taker take he's jacket off before he started throwing punches at the dead man. Straight away we were all hooked and as the only Team Lesnar member in my house it was a long night! In the first five minutes of the match we saw Taker cut open the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion over the right eye and we all know that a touch of blood always makes the match feel even more real. Taking of "real" this match felt very very personal. These guys didn't hold back at all. Everything from the facial expressions, to the the Undertaker mocking Lesnar, to Lesnar giving Taker the finger, everything about this match felt so personal and real and I loved that. The match was hooking and in my eyes it one hundred percent lived up to the hype. There were a couple of poor choices made by creative and things that left me mad but all round this was one of the best matches of the month and one of my favourites of the entire year. 

3) Kevin Owens VS Cesaro (SummerSlam)
In at number three this month is one of my personal favourites of the year, yes another SummerSlam match as the one on one between Kevin Owens and Cesaro comes in next. This was one of my favourite feuds of the past month and I was so excited to see them go one on one at the biggest SummerSlam in history. The build up for the match was great. It wasn't over done what so ever and it was great seeing Cesaro finally booked strong and in an awesome storyline/feud.This was the classic story of the good guy VS The bad guy. The heel and ace roles were so clear and they both played their roles perfectly. The fact these two had so much great chemistry, they had a good amount of time to compete, and the match ended clean with a winner that made sense mad this the best of the night in my books. It was refreshing to see a match end without a screwy ending on the show.For fans of the grappling style this was the dream match for you. The amount of skill in this match was insane. Kevin Owens for me was the stand out of the match even though they both had an amazing showing showing. The moves that Owens pulled out in this match would have had anyone on their feet chanting for him. The spinning neck breaker into the somersault leg drop was just one move that had me clapping at my TV screen. They took the action outside of the ring and both used their surroundings to their advantage and as a result gave us one heck of a match. It felt like these guys could have main evented Wrestlemania or something, I was so so impressed. The big names backstage may not be mega fans of these guys but they proved last night why the fans love them and why they should be at the very top. It was the type of match that you would find yourself going back to and watching time and time again and I had to have it in my top twenty this month.

2) John Cena VS Seth Rollins (Summer Slam)
One of my favourite matches this month without a doubt was the one one, Championship VS Championship match between Seth Rollins and John Cena. Everyone in the entire world knew that  I hated this storyline. I was not for the idea of one WWE Superstar holding both the United States and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the same time.  I have gone into more detail about why I didn't like this move in previous blog posts so I won't go into it again don't worry. Now, even though I hated the storyline and I hated what the match was for I knew from the moment this match was announced that it was going to be an amazing one. Cena and Rollins have so much history and we have seen them put on outstanding matches in the past so we all knew they were going to give us a potential match of the year candidate and they didn't disappoint. What I had to when deciding what matches were going into this list I had to make sure I was judging the matches as a whole because if I went on the closing moments this one probably wouldn't be anywhere near number two. I had to look at this match and split it in half. Looking at what happened before Jon Stewarts involvement and after. Before the TV host came out and cost Cena the match this was one phenomenal fight between the two superstars, without a doubt a match that will be known as one of the best of the year. Rollins pulled out some thrilling moves throughout this match. He was hands down the star of the bout. He was on fire from the moment the match started to the moment it ended. Cena botched a couple of moves but he made sure this was a memorable match in he's career. The match was fast paced, exciting and real on the edge of your seat action. We saw them counter each others moves, we saw Rollin use the Attitude Adjustment on Cena, and John used the figure four leg lock witch was a rare sight.Everything came together well and if it wasn't for the stupid ending this would probably be at number one this month.

1) Sasha Banks VS Bayley (NXT Takeover Brooklyn)
Throughout the month of August we have had a handful of outstanding matches thanks to NXT Takeover Brooklyn and Summer Slam. Two of the best shows that we have seen this year. And so choosing a number spot was bound to be extremely difficult. However, when I was choosing a match to be at number one this month I really wanted to have something different at the top spot. And so when I looked back at the matches there was one that really stood out. One that I knew from the moment it was announced that I would love it and would be a potential match of the year, and so for the fist time ever here on my blog we have a divas match at number as the one on one NXT Women's Championship match between Sasha Banks and Bayley is my official August match of the month. I have wanted to have a divas match at number one for months now and even though I have had many at number two and three, there hasn't been one that has stood out enough or me to go, Yeah that's number one material. But that all changed when this match took place and took over on the twenty second in Brooklyn New York. I knew from the moment this match was booked that this was going to be an amazing match. I was expecting it to be one of the greatest divas match we have ever seen but I could never ever have predicted what we actually got. Before the match had even began we had an amazing video package that was so well put together and really pushed how big this match was going to be. Throughout the night the video was shown and the match was advertised as one of two main events of the night witch once again added to the importance of the match and showed how seriously the match was being taken. Banks and Bayley were both introduced by Stephanie McMahon before coming to the ring. McMahon spoke of the divas revolution and reminded everyone that it all started right here in NXT. I loved that she made a showing on the night and it really got me even more excited. The champion at the time, Sasha Banks entered like a true Boss with arriving in her own car and our personal security guard. I think that alone was a pretty big deal. We've never really seen the divas receive special entrances, not even for an event like Wrestlemania and so it was great seeing her get that entrance, it really did suit her character down to a T. The match itself was absolutely amazing. I don't think anyone could have predicted what we saw. These girls showed the entire world what it means to be a WWE diva. They captured all fifteen thousand plus people in attendance and had everyone there and at home on the edge of their seats cheering them on and hanging on their every move. The story of the match was simple but great. Bayley was the girl with a dream. Throughout her career she had been told she just wasn't good enough and watched as every other diva in NXT made their way up to the main roster expect her and to get to the top she was going to have scratch and claw and fight every single second. We really saw this story being told and
executed well throughout the match. From Banks intimidating entrance to the trash talking to the champ focusing her attention on in injured hand of Bayley's, we saw the challenger work her way up. She took everything Banks had to offer to pick up the victory. The girls showcased so much skill and gave us a pure wrestling match up, competing at a level that we just haven't seen before. The closing moments saw Bayley hit a hurricanrana from the top rope into a belly to Bayley suplex to get the win. We got to see a whole other side to Bayley. A more aggressive, focused and intense Bayley and tied in with the storyline perfectly. The match cemented Sasha Banks as the best women's wrestler of Today and Bayley had a more than convincing victory in what was an amazingly well put together wrestling match. The emotional moment between Banks, Bayley, Charlotte and Becky Lynch was a true special three minuets. Together thee four women worked their butts off to change women's wrestling in the WWE and it was such a special moment. We now know that thanks to these women, female wrestle in the WWE will never ever be the same again.

Top 15 Superstars Of August
Top 20 Matches Of August part 1
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts