Top 5 Heel Divas Of All Time

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! As you would have already seen, I'm currently at the start of a brand new season here on my blog. I mentioned a couple of weeks back that I was bored of writing the same content week after week and so I dedicated and entire day writing brand new posts for you all to enjoy! Today I have another top five for you, I know how well these posts go down and as I have said before I really enjoy writing these posts more than any other. In today's blog post we are going to be counting down the top WWE Heel divas of all time. This is a post that I have wanted to do or a couple of months now but I haven't had the time to get around to writing it so I'm so glad that I was able to find the time to do so this week! This list will include NXT and WWE divas of all time taking a look at some of the badest divas to grace the company! e. Now, before we get into this weeks review I have a couple of updates and reminders for you. Next month I will have a new series on my blog. July and August was of course NXT month (and I still have a couple of blog post to upload from that) but next month it will be a new series here and I would love to know what you would like to see, so let me know down in the comments bellow. You have two weeks to let me know what you want next month to be dedicated too. I also would really love to know what posts you would like to see here on my blog before October. I really want to start uploading more regularly and writing more diverse blog posts so let me know as well what you would like to read every day. I will link bellow any recent posts including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Remember it will also be Night Of Champions Predictions week from Monday.Finally, you can all get the conversation going down in the comments section bellow, telling me what you thought of this weeks show or you can tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

In recent years the WWE have struggled to find strong female heels amongst the divas division with it becoming clear that the WWE are not focused on giving it's women strong characters. However, we have seen several amazing female heels to grace the company and today we are highlighting some of the very best as I count down my top five diva heels of all time. I am a fan that  is much more in favour of the villains in the world of pro wrestling so this is a post that I'mg going to have much fun writing! Remember this post is strictly my own opinion but I would love to know who you think should be at number one and crowned the top WWE Diva heel of all time so leave a comment bellow letting me know!

5) Michelle McCool and Layla (LayCool)
Kicking off my top five heel divas of all time is Michelle McCool. When I think of some of the original mean girls I almost immediately think of Michelle McCool. There was a time were I stopped watching wrestling for a while and when I started watching again McCool was someone I was a major fan of.  She was amazing to watch compete in the ring but it was also great watching her grow as a character as her career went on. Michelle McCool knew how to play the perfect mean girl and it was her who would set the bar for the divas to follow who would adapt that role as well. Her alliance with Layla creating LayCool was one of the most memorable diva alliance in the history of the division. They were the women who first made me wish that diva tag team championship existed. They spent year bullying the other women on the division degrading them and taking away everything they had. Michelle was without a doubt the ring leader with Layla adopting the role of her little lap dog. However, together they would become completely unstoppable. When you look at what both divas accomplished throughout their careers you can't help but be impressed. They both held both the Women's and Divas Championship (witch not many divas have been able to do) and competed in some of the best diva matches and storyline's of their time. They cam about just when we started seeing changes in the division and without them that time would not have been as successful as it was.  These girls would have me tuning into Smackdown every week just to see what they would be getting up to and who's buttons they would be trying to push next. We saw them challenge the likes of Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix, and Mickie James, and ally themselves with Vicki Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler. They knew how to make you hate them but at the same time beg to see them. Layla and Michelle McCool were mean girls before being a mean girl was cool and they had to be in my list of the top five heel divas of all time.

4) Sasha Banks
Up next and in at number four is a very new diva on the block but I felt that she had to be put in my list of some of the best heel divas of all time. I know that Sasha hasn't been around for very long but in the thew short years that she has been with the WWE she has made a huge impact and has become one of the best heels we have seen so she's in the list! Sasha Banks' career in the WWE didn't start as  a bad guy. Even before coming to the WWE she worked a lot of time as a baby faces and she did do a great job but when she took a big loss to Paige in an addition of NXT it was the breaking point for and when she attacked Paige that was the moment that a star was truly born. If you go back and watch her heel turn you can almost feel her frustration and relief. It was like she had lifted a huge weight off her shoulders and was finally letting out years of anger. Now, she didn't spend a great deal of time working alone as a baby face and found her self allying with Summer Rae and together with Charlotte soon to follow, they created one of the best female tag teams factions in the history of the WWE. It did take Sasha a while to get into the swing of things and stand out. Summer Rae was miles ahead of her at this point of her career when it came to character but you could see that she was getting better week after week and she had so much potential. The relationship between Summer and Sasha was kind of like a teacher student relationship. You could see Sasha picking up little things from Summer and making them work for her. When the Boss gimmick came about we saw Banks reach even bigger heights and she began to shine on her own even more. She was generating more attention and the "Sasha's ratchet" chants proved that. It may not be the nicest of  chants but she was getting some kind of a reaction and was coming across as a great heel. When she went solo everything changed or Banks and her character reached new heights. We saw adopt the exact same role that Summer had, manipulating other divas to side with her just like Summer did with her. We saw Banks push the buttons of all the divas on the roster and she never once gave up on her road to becoming the NXT Women's champion. She got personal with her opponents and made everyone believe everything she said and did. She's sassy, she has a feisty attitude, she has the heel persona,  her facial expressions, matches and promos all show how much of a great bad guy she makes and there is no doubt that she is the best heel diva in the WWE today and had to be in my top five all time.

3) Maryse
I mentioned in today's blog post already that I took a lot of time out of watching wrestling and then I started watching again around two thousand and five/ two thousand and six and around that time it was when we saw the likes of Maryse, Melina, Michelle McCool, and Beth Phoenix start to break and one of my favourite divas of this time is Maryse. You may have read a blog post that I wrote a while back where I spoke about some of the most influential female wrestlers of all time and I did have Maryse in that list so I will link it bellow so you can give it a read if you haven't already done so. Anyway, like I said, Maryse was one of the most memorable heel divas of all time. This girl knew how to make you hate her and she set the bar for the mean girls set to come her way. When you look at girls like Sasha Banks, Summer Rae, Nikki Bella, and even Alexa Bliss, they all have that little Maryse taste and so to say that she was never apart of setting the bar for divas to come is completely ridiculous. I remember watching her and being in awe but at the same time absolutely hating her. She would step in the ring with you'r favourites and take them out without double thinking it for a second. Whether it be Kelly Kelly, Gail Kim, or Mickie James, she would step in the ring and show the weakness is of some of the most popular divas on the roster and as a result she became one of those popular divas we all wanted to see. She ended up becoming one of my personal favourite divas championship and I honestly believe that we can't rule her out as one of the best champions. She would say it all on the mic and sell herself until she couldn't say anything else but she put the work in when she was in the ring and she lived up to what she said when she was competing. We saw Maryse ally herself with both other divas and superstars. She was the diva who had it all, the character, the look, the wrestling ability and she will always be remembers as one of the best heel divas of all time.

2) Trish Stratus
At number two and just about missing out on the top spot in my top five heel divas of all time is one of the all tie greats, Trish Stratus. I don't think there is a single wrestling fan in the world who can say that they were never a fan of Trish Stratus. I grew up the biggest Trish fan, I will admit I was defiantly more team Lita but Trish played such a huge role in my childhood. She inspired me, she got me into wrestling, and to this day I found myself thinking "what would Trish Stratus do?". Yeah I know, feel free to judge me. She was the perfect example of  a women who started out as the pretty face model and changed it all round. No one could have predicted what Trish was capable of and what the future held for her in the WWE. She went from being the hot model, to one of the greatest female wrestlers of all time. She was the diva who set the bar and the one who to this day is the biggest inspiration to every women that aspires to be a female wrestler. Now, throughout her career we saw Trish go from being the good guy to the bad guy but no matter if we were suppose to love her or hate her she had all of our attention and it wasn't just because she was smocking hot. This was a women who knew how to move around the ring and she didn't care if you were male or a female, if you got in her way or pissed her off, you would know about it and you sure as hell wouldn't be getting away with it. She had some of best diva heel turns and showed every single diva that was to come how to play a bad girl in a mans world. She was completely fearless and was one of the most conniving, sneaky, mean girl divas we have ever seen. One minuet you would love her and the next you would hate her but you would always want to see her and that is what matters the most. It's only now thanks to NXT that we are starting to see divas start to perform at the level that she did. Trish Stratus will always be remembered as an all time great and one of the best female heels.

1) Stephanie McMahon
And finally, at number one in my top five heel divas of all time we have Stephanie McMahon. I knew when I had the idea of writing this blog post who would be at number one. It was a promo that Stephanie did on an episode of RAW that actually made me want to write this blog post in the first place. Stephanie McMahon has been the top heel diva for as long as I can remember. Even when she's working as a baby face we still manage to dislike her and find a reason to boo her. She's the princess of the WWE. The golden girl who was spoon fed success and that's something that no one not even her has shied away from and its something that she has embraced and been able to put into
storyline's witch have just elevated her as one of the best heels in WWE. The past  year we have seen Stephanie grow in confidence even more and it kind of feels like we have seen her become a true women if that makes any sense. She has stepped it up to a whole other level and have made us pay much much more attention to her. Her segments with Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella made her my heel of the year as she gave us some of the strongest and most memorable segments/promos. She pushed the buttons, she got under the skin of the WWE universe and everyone backstage and she proved that she wasn't afraid of anyone let it be Sting, Daniel Bryan, the Big Show, or John Cena, she always had a good old slap around the face waiting for them. Last year she stepped in the ring with Brie Bella showed everyone how a heel whether you are a man or women should perform in the ring.You can't help but love to hate her, no one does a bad girl like Stephanie McMahon does and no one does a bad girl as classy as Stephanie McMahon. I will be doing a whole separate post on why Stephanie McMahon has become one of the greatest female heels of all time in a couple of weeks time so keep an eye out for that!

Comments

Popular Posts