WWE Money in The Bank 2018 Predictions (REST OF THE CARD)

This weekend the WWE  will host the two thousand and eighteen Money in the Bank pay per view and throughout this week I have been bombarding you with all things MITB. We have so far taken a look at the stars who should have been booked in both ladder matches while also predicting the men's and women's Money in the Bank ladder matches! In today's blog post we will finally be taking a look at the rest of the card! While the focus is greatly on the ladder matches as per usual we do have some pretty interesting and promising matches on the card including two women's championship matches and a must see last man standing bout between AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship. With plenty to get into let's not waste any more time and jump right into the post!

Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal

I'll be honest, I wanted to start today's blog post off with the match I am least looking forward to and that, of course, is the one on one contest between Roman Reigns and Jinder Mahal. This is a very very random feud which is clearly yet another effort to get Roman Reigns over and cheered by the fans, however, that has already proven to have not worked with a great deal of the WWE universe taking the side of Mahal. Now, I am expecting this to be a fairly short and unimpressive match up with Reigns picking up the clean victory. This isn't a must-see match or feud and it's a rivalry that most probably won't last very long what so ever. I am happy to see Mahal booked in a stronger and more noticeable feud. This does seem to be exactly where Mahal should be competing at the moment and while he is unlikely to get much momentum and score the victory this weekend he at least is apart of the pay per view and working a feud with a top star. We can expect to see Reigns regain some momentum after a tough month and his booking to pick up following this match on Sunday.

Will The Empress of Tomorrow Walk out as Champion?

Another match I'm personally not very excited about is the Smackdown LIVE Women's championship bout between Carmella and Asuka however, I do feel as though this could be pretty interesting. Now, personally, I've been enjoying Carmella's reign as champion and I'd actually like to see it carry on for a tad bit longer, however, she isn't as strong as so many other talents on the roster and at this point, it is her character that's really carrying her through this reign. Come Sunday I'm expecting to see her character once again come into play and carry this match but it will, of course, be Asuka who gets more offense in and in terms of wrestling is in control. Will the title change hands? It's very likely. Asuka losing clean at this point would make no sense and do her no good what so ever but at the same time, Asuka hasn't got as much momentum. She's still feeling a little lost after her loss at Wrestlemania and I'm not sure if putting the title on her makes as much sense at this point. Personally, I would like to see the Empress of tomorrow at some point take hold of the title and possibly feud with Becky Lynch heading into SummerSlam (a booking decision that supports Lynch winning the MITB ladder match) and so for that to happen Asuka winning this weekend may need to happen. However, I am also expecting possible interference from either the Iconic Duo or Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. I really want to see Deville and Rose really established on the roster and this could give them some extra heat and a story to work with.

Seth Rollins vs Elias

Time for a change of tune and actually a match I'm really excited about; the Intercontinental championship one on one between current champ Seth Rollins and Elias. Now, both these men have been on fire for months and are bursting the momentum. They are two of the hottest fan favourites on the RAW roster and I'm genuinely so happy to see Elias in the championship picture. His booking has been strong all year round and as for Rollins he, of course, has been one heck of an IC champion. The match between these two has all the potential to be one of if not the best match of the night and I am expecting a title change. It's rumored that Rollins is one of the favourites to challenge Lesnar at SummerSlam and dethrone the beast and if that is the case than the build for that and the new direction Rollins is to take should kick start very soon after the MITB pay per view. I believe this will be a close call and there were plenty of times we are left on the edge of our seats but I do also believe that there will be a strong reaction for Elias and a lack of complaints with the end result.

The Tag team Division

The one match that I haven't seen many people talk about is the Smackdown LIVE Tag team match between the Bludgeon Brothers and the Club. Now, I'm not expecting this to be the match of the night what so ever but there is potential there. If the WWE decides to give these guys a decent amount of time this could surprise us all and in face be a standout of the night, however, it has the match with the weakest build and there isn't a strong focus on it which does mean that its' like to be a match we do see fade into the background and forget about. The tag team division as a whole is one that does need some work and extra attention and I hope that does pick up as we edge closer to Summer Slam. We also have the B team vs Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy where I'm expecting a strong crowd reaction for Axle and Dallas but the titles to remain on the shoulders of Hardy and Wyatt. Overall, I don't feel as though the tag team division will be focused on much this weekend and I'm not expecting to see a title change in either match.

Rousey to be Crowned Champ?

While I have next to no interest in Carmella vs Asuka the RAW Women's championship match between Nia Jax and Ronda Rousey is one that has grabbed my attention and one I genuinely cannot wait to witness. Now, this isn't going to be a wrestling masterclass but instead a fight to see who the baddest, strongest woman in the building is. Now, I'm personally not a fan of Rousey being given a title shot so soon into her WWE career and I do believe it's a decision the WWE could regret further down the line espcially as we approach Mania next year. However, in saying that I'm not surprised and I do believe there have been both good and bad parts of the build to this match. I'm not going to expect to see a lengthy bout but this does have the potential to be a standout. I've mentioned already this week that Natalya is my favourite to win this year's Women's Money in the Bank ladder match simply because I would love to see Rousey get the win in this match to then see Nattie cash in on Ronda kick-starting their rivalry heading into Summer Slam in August. However, regardless of who wins Money in the Bank I am most certainly expecting to see Rousey get the win here but I don't want to see Nia have a weak performance and for there to be no twist what so ever. It won't do any good for Nia at all and to be fair, Rousey does need that little something more.

Last Man Standing

And finally, we have the last man standing match between Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles for the WWE Championship. I'll admit I've been left pretty disappointed with what we have seen between these two so far and I am hoping that this is, in fact, their match to date coming up this weekend. This match is sure to focus on being a fight rather than a sheer wrestling match but the stipulation does fit very well with the nature of their storyline. Who walks out as champ? In my personal opinion, it has got to be Nakamura. He needs this win and the title to really leave this feud going the right way but more importantly to allow Nakamura's heel turn to work properly and for him to finally be cemented as the star we all hoped for him to be up on the main roster. Styles isn't a talent who really needs the title and in fact, its Nakamura who clearly does. I'm sure this can very easily be the match of the night but the booking must make sense and the length must be right!

And there we have it! Those are my Money in the Bank predictions for the rest of the card! As always any recent blog post will be linked below and I will, of course, be live tweeting throughout the pay per view this Sunday! You can, of course, get involved and tell me what your predictions are by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
MEN'S MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH: PREDICTIONS
WOMEN’S MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH 2018 PREDICTIONS
SUPERSTARS WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN MITB 2018

Comments

Popular Posts