Match Recommendations: Hardcore Edition

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great weekend and start to the brand new week! Coming up over the next five days I have a bunch of new blog posts and a full-length RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights post! Today, however, we have a regular post that I love writing and that you guys love reading only this time we are shaking things up a little. Match recommendations are one of my personal fave blog posts to write and they always go down well! For anyone that knows me you will know that I am the biggest fan of hardcore wrestling and I've mentioned before that deathmatches are my guilty pleasure in the wrestling world. In today's blog post we have another episode of Match Recommendations this time we, however, I have a hardcore edition for you. I've mentioned before that I want to specials when it comes to this post and in the future, you can expect to see special versions including an all women's, Lucha Underground, NJPW, Money in the Bank and so on! As always, any recent blog post and recent articles will be linked below including last weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights! Finally, you can get involved and tell me what match you would have included in this blog post and what future specials you would like to see by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Mikey Whiplash VS Chris Renfrew  19/09/17

One of my personal favourite ICW feuds over the past couple of years has been the story of ICW regulars Mikey Whiplash and Chris Renfrew. A personal fan of both stars I've enjoyed their story grow and the work that we have seen has in my opinion been some of the strongest and best we have seen from the company in a while especially when you really pay attention to the storytelling. Now, throughout their careers, these two have come face to face on more than one occasion but it was this particular match I wanted to talk about. Once again the pair collided in a match where there were no rules. You could feel the genuine disliking the two had towards each other and they told their story from start to finish. Was this their best collision? I don't believe so what so ever but there was something about this bout that just drew my attention and made it into the list today. Whiplash did spend a great deal of time in control of this match with Renfrew getting in some good offense but overall struggling to stay on top for long. In the end, however, it was Renfrew who scored the victory after one tough fought battle. The interruption after the match was a great little addition and overall this most certainly is a match to head back and re-watch!

Jimmy Havoc VS Jack Jester VS "Crazy" Mary vDobson

A few nights back I found myself laying on the sofa, doughnut in hand and binge-watching a bunch of wrestling matches (welcome to my super fun Saturday nights!) and one of the bouts I came across that really grabbed my attention and was one of the inspirations behind this blog post today was a triple threat between Jack Jester, Jimmy Havoc, and Mary Dobson (now known as Sarah Logan in the WWE). I wasn't sure what to expect from this match at first. Here we had three of my personal favourites stars and so the expectation was fairly high but I wasn't sure just how it would work out. I was, however, straight away invested in the action. Jester and Havoc were keen to make the match about them and that little opening we got was brilliant. I did at times think it was a pretty slow start but that very quickly turned around and the moment things started to speed up and the action increased I was hooked. All three had their place in the match but it was evident Jester was the main attraction. He stayed in control throughout a great deal of this match taking out both Dobson and Havoc time and time again. The match was full of crazy spots from Dobson being thrown off the balcony by Jester to Sarah stapling parts of Jimmy I'm sure he wasn't a fan of being stapled. Jester did, of course, pick up the victory but this was a strong collision between three amazingly talented stars and definitely one of the slightly lighter and calmer hardcore matches we will be talking about today.

Dante Fox vs Killshot

Up next is the only Lucha Underground match to feature in this blog post today but one I'm sure so many of you were expecting to see featured anyway. Now, as I mentioned in the intro, I could and will be doing a whole version of this post looking at Lucha Underground matches so keep an eye out for that! One of my personal favorite matches of the last season was, of course, Dante Fox vs Killshot. Apart of Ultima Lucha Tres this was the standout of the series of shows and raised the bar for the rest to follow. This was a match that just got better and better as it went on, more intense, and beyond entertaining. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting this bout to get just as blood thirty and hardcore as it did but these two went out to put on a show and that is exactly what they did. From start to finish this was a brilliant contest. Nail biting moments, moments that had you on the edge of your seat or even up off your seat as well as spots that had me clapping at my laptop screen. The chemistry was strong but it was the sheer mix of true Lucha athleticism, entertainment factor and the hardcore nature of this match that made this one of my personal favourite matches of twenty seventeen and one of my all-time favourite Lucha Underground bouts.

Effy VS Su Yung

I have a blog post coming up very soon where I will be taking a look at Su Yung in great detail and this match will be one I talk about a lot so I don't want to go into too much detail here but this just had to make the list in today's blog post. Su Yung is a talent I can honestly say I'm totally obsessed with and this was the first match of hers I stumbled across during my night of watching a crap ton of wrestling (definitely way more than I should have) and I was hooked! I've of course seen some her work before but never really paid as much attention and what is so great about her is just how different she is. In this match faced against a male opponent who of course had the height and weight advantage Yung held her own and nailed everything from her character to the use of props to her wrestling. This match was, of course, more so about a fight rather than a sheer wrestling contest but both talents done such a great job and while this is a match that isn't spoken about much at all its most certainly one to go and check out once you have finished reading this post!

Jimmy Havoc vs Mikey Whiplash (Cardiff)

And finally, we have a showdown between two of my personal favourite British stars Whiplash and Havoc. Now, I don't see a lot of people talk about Whiplash but he is a talent I have mentioned several times here on my blog before. This match is one that while short showcased exactly why he should be a name we mention more often. His character work was as always on point and the wrestling was brilliant. Now, of course, these two have collided plenty of times before throughout their careers and there are other matches I preferred to this one but I did really like this little contest too and so I really wanted to include it in this post today! I really found myself enjoying this little match. The two clearly have very strong chemistry which showed throughout this match but what I also loved was all the little moments throughout that showed those characters and what the pair are all about. This was a very entertaining match that had both men interacting with the crowd and the flow of the match itself was solid. This is another match that despite is not spoken about a lot is one to check out especially if you are a fan of either man or in fact ICW.

And that is my list!  As always, any recent blog post and recent articles will be linked below including last weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights! Finally, you can get involved and tell me what match you would have included in this blog post and what future specials you would like to see by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
DREAM WRESTLING MATCHES I WANT TO SEE
THIS WEEKS RAW & SMACKDOWN LIVE HIGHLIGHTS
8 WWE SUPERSTARS WHO COULD FORM NEXUS 2.0 (PART 2).
WHY YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED ABOUT WORLD OF SPORT

Comments

Popular Posts