Superstars Noughties Kids Grew Up Loving (Part One)

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great week so far! Okay, so today I wanted to kick-start a mini-series here on my blog (yes another one) however this time I want to take a look back at my childhood. I grew up watching wrestling as a kid and of course being nineteen I grew up in the noughties which was a mixture of good and bad and some of the best and worse moments in wrestling. The WWE was of course where I mainly watched wrestling and so over the coming weeks, I want to take a look back at this time and reminisce on some of my favourite moments, matches, and superstars. We kick start part one off today with a look back at my top five superstars growing up in the noughties. This is a blog post I have actually been wanting to write for quite some time now here on my blog so I'm super excited that I have found the time to write it and kick-start this brand new mini series! I, of course, would love to know what you guys think and get involved! Leave a comment below or tweet me over at @TezangiVictoria telling me who you enjoyed watching as a kid and in the noughties because this is a topic I love! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked below including any SteelChair articles! Right! Let's jump into the post!



Edge

I'm going to kick start today's blog post off with a WWE Superstar you guys all know to be one of my personal all-time favoruites, the Rated R Superstar, Edge. A now WWE Hall of Famer, Edge is a man I grew up obsessed with and was one of the main reasons I became such a big fan of professional wrestling. Whatever he was involved in whether it be The Brood, tag team work with just Christian, his elegance with Lita, Rated RKO, or even his later work alongside the likes of Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero, Edge was a man that was able to entertain me as a kid regardless of who he stood alongside and what he was involved in. There are so many matches, moments, and segments that I can honestly say contributed to why I was such a fan but it was back in two thousand and six where Edge's feud with John Cena really changed how I viewed wrestling. Their rivalry had to me entertained more than anything ever had done and eight year old me just wanted to write for days about what I was watching go down between them. It was brilliant match after brilliant match between the pair and to this day you will find me going back and rewatching their work. We then, of course, have one of my other all-time favourite matches which sees Edge team up with Mick Foley and Lita to take on the team of Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk, and Beulah McGuillicuty which again is a match I have re-watched a dozen times. Edge was a man that captivated, entertained and inspired so many and is a key figure in the time I grew up watching Wrestling.



The Undertaker

Another name sure to feature in many blog posts like this is, of course, The Undertaker. This is a man that has been a part of so many of our childhoods. A true WWE legend, Taker is one of the most popular and recognizable names and faces in the world of entertainment and an icon in the world of professional wrestling. Growing up he was my brothers favourite WWE superstar (along with Jeff Hardy) and he would spend days dressing up as him and mimicking his entrance and I have to say... he was not alone! I have so many amazing memories of being at my grandparent's house and watching Taker matches with my brother and Grandad and may I must add that the Undertaker was always a favourite of my Granddads too! He was the ultimate entertainer. As a kid, he had me scared yet totally captivated and worked iconic matches against other all-time faves including Shawn Michales, Mick Foley, Edge and so so many more!



Shelton Benjamin

And this is yet another name who for anyone that has been following me for long enough will not be surprised to see mentioned here in today's blog post. Shelton Benjamin was yet another superstar who really made me realize how much I love pro wrestling. Growing up I loved watching superstars of colour shine bright and Benjamin was one of those superstars. Sure he never was pushed to the stars like he should have been but I remember watching his singles match against Shawn Michales on RAW and being in awe. It was that night I realized I wanted to see this man as WWE champion. I wanted to see more of him and the older I got the more I was able to appreciate him. He became a talent who really did stand out for me and again his performances at Wrestlemania in ladder matches and matches here and there made him a key figure in the WWE also while I was watching as a kid.


Lita

When I was growing up watching wrestling it wasn't the best of times for female wrestlers. They were not being portrayed thankfully how women are now in the world of Professional wrestling. I grew up where we still had Bikini competition and pathetic stipulation matches and five-minute bouts, however, there were those who stood out. Now, I am planning on writing an all women's version of this blog post but I did want to mention my all-time favourite female WWE superstar in today's blog post and of course, that woman was Lita. Growing up you were either team Trish or Team Lita and with Lita representing something different she was the woman I got behind. There wasn't anyone else like her. Watching as a child she was so cool and edgy and I remember just wanting to be her (okay not the live sex with Edge thing but you get what I mean). She worked killer matches, hung with the guys and was apart of a women's evolution before there was a women's evolution. She was one of not many females I was able to watch and be inspired by. Who made me want to grow up and do what I was seeing on my TV and she was such an important part of the lives of Female wrestling fans.


Evolution

And to round up part one of today's blog post I thought I would include a faction and to be honest as a kid growing up in the Noughties no faction grabbed my attention more than Evolution. Batista, Triple H, Ric Flair, and Randy Orton formed one of the most iconic and legendary factions in pro wrestling history. I grew up obsessed with these four as individual superstars anyway however together there was something very special. They were the ultimate heels and they got the reaction they should have gotten as heels especially from little me. However, saying that I was entertained and they brought to the table something we just don't see in wrestling as much anymore especially in the WWE. Having a faction like Evolution back in the WWE is something I long for and I only wish the WWE would give us something like this again and pay attention to faction better. These guys were the four men that had it all, fame, money, looks, and skill. They wanted you to hate them and you did but damn did they entertain you and deliver in the ring. The team represented the past, the present, and the future perfectly and I will forever enjoy watching and talking about Evolution.

And there we go! That was part one! Part two will be uploaded next week so keep an eye out for that! For now, however, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me who you enjoyed watching as a kid and in the noughties because this is a topic I love this topic by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria or leaving a comment below.

Recent Blog Posts:

WWE LEGENDS WE WANT TO SEE IN NXT

WHY ALEXA BLISS SHOULD JOIN POPULAR RAW FACTION

NXT STARS WHO COULD EITHER BECOME TOP TALENT OR BIGGEST FLOPS



Comments

Popular Posts