Elimination Chamber Predictions: John Cena VS Kevin Owens

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all doing well and good! This Sunday the WWE will host a Network special as the Elimination Chamber returns with one monster of a card. We will see the first tag team chamber match, NXT Champion Kevin Owens will have he's first main roster match up, and Dean Ambrose will have one more shot at Seth Rollins and he's WWE World Heavyweight championship. With one busy show ahead I'm back with my predictions for the night, meaning I will spend the next six days taking a deeper look into each match on the card and making my bold predictions for the show. You will know that originally I was not going to be writing up any predictions or review and reactions posts for this pay per view but after thinking about it more and looking at the card I honestly could not resist. So here I am, back with another jam packed week! I hope you're ready! Before we get into today's blog post I will have the usual boring reminders for you. First of all, NXT month. As some of you will probably be aware by now, I have decided that July, here on my blog will see the return of NXT month. I did this last year around October and it went down really really well, so I decided to bring it back this Summer. If things go down as planned then the first post in the series will be up on the first of July. I would love to know what posts you would like to see throughout the month so feel free to leave your requests down in the comments section bellow. I will also be brining you some more updates and news surrounding my podcast within in the next month. I'm planing on actually kick starting the podcast around October/November, that's all the information I really have at the moment but there is more to come so keep an eye out. As usual, I will link bellow any recent blog post including my Payback and RAW Review and Reactions posts. and, finally, you can let me know who your favourite heel in the WWE is right now by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday, live on the WWE Network, The United States champion John Cena will go one on one against the current NXT Champion, Kevin Owens, for the first time ever! Despite not being on the main roster as of yet he's actions towards the fifteen time world champion have landed him the biggest match of he's career so far as he has he's first ever main roster pay per view match up. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking a look at what both these superstars have been up to over the past month and I will of course be bringing you my full predictions. With so much to get through let's jump straight into things!

First up today, we are taking a look at what the current United States champion, John Cena has been up to over the past month. At the end of this little paragraph I will insert what I wrote in my Payback review and reactions post about he's match on the night, but for now let's get into analysing everything else and going back a couple of months. So, John has spent most of this year feuding with up and coming star and one of the biggest heels on the WWE main roster right now, Rusev. I originally  was not expecting a lot from this feud and I certainly was not expecting it to last as long as it did. Throughout their storyline I made it clear that I was not a huge fan of the mic work and build ups but I never had a bad word to say about their actual matches. Cena did a great job in putting over the younger star and really brought out the best in him. It was at Wrestlemania thirty one that John was able to defeat Rusev in order to become the new United States champion. You guys all know that I was more than happy to see him crowned the new champ. I felt it was clear he was what the title itself needed and would bring so much to it. The following night, Cena cut a typical Cena promo and in the process revealed that every single week he would be putting the United States championship on the line with an open challenge on every episode of Monday night RAW. Week after week we have seen superstars such as Dean Ambrose, Bad News Barrett, and Sami Zayn accept Cena's open challenge, all unable to take the United States championship off of the fifteen time world champion. Now, I like the idea of having open challenges, they bring unpredictability to the show and pretty much every single one of them have seen strong matches take place. I have however started to get to a point where I'm bored of the open challenges. I feel as though the championship deserves more and deserves a full on feud. The work between Owens and Cena is very very clever and I do think both superstars will benefit from it. I think this weekend we need to see Cena take a seat back in the early stages of the match and allow Owens to showcase he's barbaric, ruthless character in the ring. I don't doubt for a single second that Cena will be walking away the victor of this match but the whole thing needs to be focused mainly on Kevin Owens.
Here is what I wrote in my Payback Review and Reactions post for Cena's last match:
"Up next, it was the final chapter in the Rusev VS Cena sage and I could not have been more happy that the final match between the two of them was up. Don't get me wrong, they have had some really strong matches that I have really enjoyed but it did feel as though this feud had been going on for far too long. Saying that I was surprisingly looking forward to this match. I was expecting a lot and even though I was convinced that Rusev was not winning this match it was still very very important for him. We also had the growing tensions between Lana and Rusev to go on as well and watch out for so it was one to watch for sure. From the very start of the match "we wan Lana" chants echoed through the arena and when Rusev instructed her to sit down the crowd were not very happy. Rusev dominated this match from the get go and really made sure that it was going at he's pace witch was nice to see. We saw him ware down Cena bit by bit, piece by piece and I did like that. I felt it was important Rusev had a strong showing he got that very early on. Throughout the match we would see Rusev go back out of the ring and shout and demand things at Lana. Even when Cena did get some momentum going it was Lana and Rusev who I was interested in and Rusev bounced back well from everything Cena had to hit at him with. For me this was a huge eye opener to how far Rusev has come. He hasn't been in the WWE very long but we have seen such major changes in he's work as a performer, as a character, and as a talent all in such a short amount of time and I don't think he gets enough hype and appreciation for that and what he deserves. This match last night was really well put together and I was entertained throughout despite being pretty tired by this point. Cena's experience really showed but at the same time he let Rusev have he's moment and the match was nicely split. It was much more barbaric than I expected it to be, there was literally some serious, genuine, "oh my god" moments throughout this and I honestly have nothing bad to say about it.Even the length of it was good despite the fact I could of watched this match go on all night, witch is something I hardly say about a Cena match up. The ending of the match was another thing I really liked as Lana came into the ring and said that Rusev says he quits. Cena may have one this match but this was a match all about Rusev. He was the stand out of this match, he proved himself throughout and there was so much going on all at once. Rusev didn't look weak because of the ending and it was all so well put together. No complaints at all."

Up next we are going to be taking a look at Kevin Owens, the man who is currently looking to be my superstar of the month. Throughout May, Owens has been right in the centre of everything WWE related. Everywhere you go everyone is talking about the NXT champion and the massive impact he is having in the company. Since signing almost a year ago, Kevin has been on the fire and from he's debut show he has been the centre of attention, being one of if not the most dominate force in NXT history. Taking out Sami Zayn on he's arrival night, he made a huge statement and made sure everyone knew that if you was not aware of Kevin Owens before now then you were about to invited into a whole new side of professional Wrestling and the WWE. It didn't take him long at all to become the next NXT Champion and since then he's dominance has grown more and more, week by week, month by month. He had he's huge feud with Alex Riley which I have spoken so much about and so you all know just how highly I spoke of it and I did think it was so cleverly done. This month Owens has out done himself  yet again. May has one hundred per cent been all about Kevin Owens. It was only a couple of weeks back that he competed at NXT Takeover Unstoppable where he had yet another barbaric, ruthless showing and title defence. I know I've said before but he really does come across as the Brock Lesnar of NXT and he continues to prove that more and more as time goes on. We have also appear on Monday night RAW on two separate occasions in two consecutive weeks. He's first every RAW appearance was two weeks ago when he answered John Cena's United States championship open challenge. The segment between the two was one of my favourites of the entire year. Everything was timed ever so well and I could not fault anything about it. It was unpredictable, entertaining and it was the one thing that woke me up during the show. During the segment Owens made it clear he was far from a rookie and that he was not going to be taking Cena on for the championship at that current time but promised that they would meet in the ring at some point. After that he blind sided Cena and left him lying on the floor while he stood on the United States championship. He did the exact same this past week on RAW. You don't make much more of a statement than that now do you!? After talking with Triple H, Owens earned himself a match this Sunday at Elimination Chamber in what is set to be he's biggest challenge yet. Can one of the most dominate forces in NXT and WWE history put an end to "Cena Land"? Or will he be another to fall at the hands of the fifteen time world champion? In all honesty I do think this is going to be the match of night. I have said it all week but this is such a strong card that any of these match ups could be the sand out of the night. This is by far one of the strongest cards of the year and the line up is jut outstanding. This is a huge night for Kevin Owens and the NXT brand. If he is able to knock off John Cena of all people that will send a huge message, making it clear that NXT is not a place to be second guest and the future is really taking over and becoming the present. If we look at realistically will Owens be defeating Cena this weekend? I doubt it very very much. The chances of the WWE letting Owens defeat Cena on pay per view are very very little. Whether we like it or not, Cena is still the top guy and Kevin Owens is still on the NXT roster. I think if they did let him get a victory over Cena then it would be a huge move. One that would have a very mixed response I'm sure. One thing that does need to happen is Kevin Owens needs to go over. I don't want to tune in on Sunday and watch a match very dominated by Cena and well your typical John Cena match up. I want us to be treated to exactly what we have been getting down in NXT from Kevin. In every single match he has competed in he has dominated it from the early stages and if the WWE want us to believe they want to start building the future of the WWE then this match cannot be any different. What we need to see Owens really take control from the early stages, allowing Cena to get very little offence at the start. I think the two different styles of these two will really work well together and their one hundred and ten per cent going to bring out the best in one another. Another thing that will really show in this match is their experience. Cena has been in the WWE for a very long time while Kevin Owens has been wrestling just as long as John in fact longer. The story these two will be telling throughout will be very clear. Owens wants to get rid of the John Cena era. He's not used to having to look up to
someone and here someone else's name all the time because before he came to the WWE he was the John Cena. It was him people looked up to and followed. This Sunday it's about changing an era and putting a stamp on the future of World Wrestling Entertainment. Regardless of whether or not Owens walks out the victor of this match he needs to be the one we are talking about after. He won't suffer for a loss when he goes back to NXT at all but it will be interesting to see the next chapter between Kevin Owens and John Cena and Owens makes he's official main roster debut.

If I'm being honest, this is the match I'm most looking forward to this weekend. There's been a really strong build up and the storyline is strong. Both these superstars are good at telling stories in the ring and that will really show throughout this match. I do think they will bring out the best in each other and are likely to have the match of the night given the right amount of time. There's no doubt Kevin Owens will be the stand out of this match but I'm gonna have to say that Cena is walking away with this one.But that's what I think. Let me know what your predictions are by either leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Elimination Chamber Predictions: Dean Ambrose VS Seth Rollins

Comments

Popular Posts