Elimination Chamber Predictions: Tag Team Chamber match

Tag Team Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all doing well and good! This Sunday the WWE will host a Network special as the Elimination Chamber returns with one monster of a card. We will see the first tag team chamber match, NXT Champion Kevin Owens will have he's first main roster match up, and Dean Ambrose will have one more shot at Seth Rollins and he's WWE World Heavyweight championship. With one busy show ahead I'm back with my predictions for the night, meaning I will spend the next six days taking a deeper look into each match on the card and making my bold predictions for the show. You will know that originally I was not going to be writing up any predictions or review and reactions posts for this pay per view but after thinking about it more and looking at the card I honestly could not resist. So here I am, back with another jam packed week! I hope you're ready! Before we get into today's blog post I will have the usual boring reminders for you. First of all, NXT month. As some of you will probably be aware by now, I have decided that July, here on my blog will see the return of NXT month. I did this last year around October and it went down really really well, so I decided to bring it back this Summer. If things go down as planned then the first post in the series will be up on the first of July. I would love to know what posts you would like to see throughout the month so feel free to leave your requests down in the comments section bellow. I will also be brining you some more updates and news surrounding my podcast within in the next month. I'm planing on actually kick starting the podcast around October/November, that's all the information I really have at the moment but there is more to come so keep an eye out. As usual, I will link bellow any recent blog post including my Payback and RAW Review and Reactions posts. and, finally, you can let me know who your favourite heel in the WWE is right now by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday, exclusively on the WWE network, the Elimination Chamber will return and for the first time ever the chamber will house tag team action as the New Day put their titles on the line against five other tag teams. I will be honest, at first I wasn't sure on how this would work or if it would work but I cannot help but be seriously excited for it as this has the potential to me a match of the year quality match up. We have some of the best teams competing this weekend and with the standard of the tag division being so high lately, there is a lot to expect this Sunday. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking a look at each tag team competing in the chamber and then at the end making my final predictions. With so much to get through, let's jump right into things. 

Los Matadores 
The first tag team we are looking at is Los Matadores. Now, I'm going to be honest, these guys are the team I'm least looking forward to watching. In my opinion their the weakest team going into the match and don't get me wrong when I say that, I don't mean to say they are the weakest based on wrestling ability because they aren't  at all, but when it comes down to charisma, character and momentum they really are lacking. I probably won't sound as positive about these guys in this post purely because they are my personal least favourite team of the bunch. I've never really connected with either superstar and their character has never been one I have enjoyed watching. However, I do think they will be stand outs this weekend. I believe they will be in competition with the Lucha Dragons and the former NXT Tag team champions are more likely to steal the spotlight from them, but that doesn't stop Los Matadores from standing out on their own. They have a wide move set that we haven't always seen the most of and with this structure I do think they will be able to get us on our feet on a couple of occasions. I am worried that at times they will fall into the background and I'm predicting they will be the first team eliminated. There's no chance these guys will be becoming the next Tag team champions. 

Tyson Kidd and Cesaro
Former tag team champions Tyson Kidd and Cesaro are up next, and if I'm honest I think these guys are going to be the ones likely to steal the show this Sunday. There is no doubt that these guys are the most diverse superstars in this match and looking at them and the Lucha Dragons it's hard to choose witch one will be the actual stand out, I think it will come very close between them. Just like the Lucha Dragons, Kidd and Cesaro will be bringing that unpredictability factor to the match. I think out of every individual superstar it's going to be Cesaro we end up all talking about. This will only be he's second Elimination Chamber but he had a great performance last year when he was competing for the WWE World Heavyweight championship and I think he will just better himself this weekend. You guys all know by now I started out not the biggest fan of the idea of Kidd and Cesaro working as a tag team. I spent months hating on the idea and writing posts and tweets on how the WWE were making a mistake. I sit here now, three of so months in and I have to admit, I was so so wrong. I would never have predicted that these two would be my favourite tag team in the WWE today. Don't get me wrong, as singles competitors I have always been a huge fan of both these superstars I just never saw them working well as a tag team but they have done an outstanding job, really growing week after week. They have managed to jell really well together and their chemistry is just as strong as a team like the Ascension who have been together much longer. I think walking into the Elimination Chamber this is a team to pay close attention too. They are one of the favourites to win and with their popularity and improvements over the past thew months the WWE wouldn't brush off the idea of the being two time tag team champions at all. I one hundred percent they will be stand outs of the night and will bring a lot to the table. There will be a lot of eyes on them this weekend and this will be a huge test in seeing just how far they have come and also what the future holds for them as a tag team. Where would they go after this Sunday if they failed to capture the tag team championships?  Do the WWE have any plans on splitting them up any time soon? If they do then maybe that will become clear this weekend but I doubt it very much. In my opinion they are on too much of a high to split them up at the moment but the direction they go in after Sunday will be very interesting.

The Ascension
Up next, the Ascension, my personal favourites. It does feel like I'm going to be calling a lot of these teams my "favourites" but I think everyone and their mother know by now just how much of a fan I am of The Ascension. Since the moment I first watch these guys compete back in FCW ( keep in mind Viktor was not as part of the faction back then) I was hooked. I loved the idea, the image, and everything they were about. I was truly hooked and watching the "Ascension" grow over the years has been so amazing. Year after year there has been so many changes and developments but I have remained a strong fan. I think that's why I'm so protective of them and why I'm always sticking up for them. I have done a couple of blog posts talking about their developments since arriving on the main roster and I will try and link some bellow so you can go and check them out if you haven't already done so. I think what frustrates me the most is that there are people who have never seen their FCW or NXT work who think they can say negative things about them when they have no idea the history of the team. But I'm not going to sit here for another blog post ranting about all of that! Right, let's talk Elimination Chamber. If I'm being honest, I think out of every tag team competing in this match, the Ascension are the ones most in need of a push. It's Konnor and Viktor who are most in need of a strong performance, a performance that will get us all talking for weeks to come. I cannot tell you how important this night is for them. I think the structure of this match will allow them to shine in a way that others might not. They will stand out for their image alone but it won't be enough. This is the time they will be able to showcase that barbaric, ruthless side that the WWE have been trying to sell us. There are no limits in this match and the Ascension will be able to shine if given the time. This weekend will be a huge test in seeing just how much faith the WWE have in the Ascension. If they have  a weak performance then we can't expect much from them in the near future. If they turn out to be stand outs then we can stay a little more on the positive side. What these two will have on their side is team work and experience working with each other. They are the longest reigning NXT tag team champions of all time and have been working together for quite a while now. What we will see from them is outstanding team work. These guys are good at telling a story and are probably the best jelled team of the bunch. Will they will be walking out the tag team champions? I honestly doubt it but I'm not ruling it out. These two will be ones to watch and I can see them dominating a good chunk of the match, however I don't think its time for them to be crowned champions.

The Lucha Dragons
Former NXT Tag team champions, the Lucha Dragons are up next. Since their main roster debut a couple of months back these guys have been on a role and Kalisto in particular has been a huge stand out, grabbing bag loads of attention from the WWE universe. Over the past couple of weeks or so we have seen them take a little seat back when it comes to episodes of RAW and Smackdown as the New day have taken centre stage. However, their absence has not effected them negatively at all and they are still favourites to win this match. I think it's very likely that these two could be walking away the new Tag team champions. When you look at all the teams competing in this match up it's pretty clear that Kalisto and Sin Cara will be stand outs. I think this structure will really allow them to run wild in the ring and pull some amazing stuff out of the bag. I one hundred and ten percent believe these guys will be the ones we are talking about by the end of the night regardless of whether or not they leave the chamber with championship titles around their waist. In all honesty I don't think the titles will go to them this weekend. It's a possibility but I personally am going with either the New day retain or another team picks up the win. As I mentioned earlier I think we will see the Lucha Dragons in competition with Los Matadores throughout the match but Kalisto and Sin Cara will defiantly be the ones who steal the show and I do think these guys will be one of the last teams standing towards the end. Watch out for these guys because it will be them bringing the unpredictability. 

Titus O'Neil and Darren Young 
My favourites to win the tag team Elimination Chamber this Sunday are up net, Titus O'Neil and Darren Young. For several months now we have seen the WWE try and go down some kind of directions with these two. Before Young was injured we saw them split and have a mini mid card feud but it never really went anywhere, so when he came back to action they were put right back together again and it was as if they had never been feuding in the first place. For months they spent time working matches on Superstars both in singles and tag team action, building up momentum and popularity and it has actually really paid off. I've enjoyed watching them grow week after week and slowly get back on track. They have also been delivering some seriously entertaining promos throughout varies RAW and Smackdown shows, digging at other tag teams all building up to this moment. On RAW last week they got a huge reaction from the live crowd and where left the last tag team standing, clearing the ring and making their presence known. If I'm being honest, I was not expecting them to get that reaction or be the team to clear the ring. I'm personally a big fan of these guys and that's only really come to light over the past thew months. As time has gone on I have grown to like them more and more and I can now officially call myself a "fan"of there's.  I do actually believe that these guys would be the perfect team to be the next tag team champions. They have spend months building themselves back up. Picking up momentum, gaining popularity and improving as both singles and as a tag team.  They have great chemistry and work so well in the ring together. They gel perfectly and since working as a baby face they have been standing out for all the right reasons, coming across as a strong comedic and entertaining. They have honestly had me crying laughing with there recent work. Their push is a long long time coming, and I think this weekend is just the perfect timing to put the titles on them.  They have really grabbed the attention of the WWE universe and clearly the WWE. Setting up a feud between them and the New Day would be easy to put together after the comments they have made on the current champions. Since reuniting they have proven to be a dominate tag team, picking up numerous victories in seriously physical matches on Superstars and then of course they cleared the ring last Monday on RAW. They are forever growing as a tag team and they the most interesting ones to watch out for. I'm predicting a strong night for these two and they the most possible next tag team champions and even if they don't win the next couple of months will be very very strong for them.

New Day
And finally, the current tag team champions, the New Day. I don't need to sit here and tell you how much I love the New Day. I talk about it all the time and I'm sure you are all more than bored of hearing about it. Since capturing the Tag team championships back at Extreme Rules they have just gotten better and better and I honestly cannot fault them at all. They bring so much entertainment and unpredictability that I don't understand how you could not love these guys. They are currently working as the strongest heels in the WWE right now and the most convincing at that. There performance at Payback was just outstanding and the all round team work from them was just amazing and since then they have just gotten better and better. If I'm being honest I do think it's most likely they will retain the championships this weekend.  They haven't held the championships for that long and I do think there is still quite a bit they could do with them but then again I don't think they
would suffer badly with a loss anyway and loosing the championships in an Elimination Chamber against five other teams would not make them look weak what so ever and would be far from a devastating loss. 

There is a lot to expect from this match up. We have some of the best tag team competing this weekend and the standard is so high. There is a lot of variety in this match with O'Neil, Cesaro, and Big E brining the power. The Lucha Dragons, Los Matadores and Kidd squeezing into the high flying category, there is gonna be a heck of a lot of action. There is a serious amount of unpredictability in this match and this is hands down the one I'm most looking forward too. But what do you think? Let me know by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts