Elimination Chamber Predictions: Intercontinental Championship Chamber Match

Intercontinental Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all doing well and good! This Sunday the WWE will host a Network special as the Elimination Chamber returns with one monster of a card. We will see the first tag team chamber match, NXT Champion Kevin Owens will have he's first main roster match up, and Dean Ambrose will have one more shot at Seth Rollins and he's WWE World Heavyweight championship. With one busy show ahead I'm back with my predictions for the night, meaning I will spend the next six days taking a deeper look into each match on the card and making my bold predictions for the show. You will know that originally I was not going to be writing up any predictions or review and reactions posts for this pay per view but after thinking about it more and looking at the card I honestly could not resist. So here I am, back with another jam packed week! I hope you're ready! Before we get into today's blog post I will have the usual boring reminders for you. First of all, NXT month. As some of you will probably be aware by now, I have decided that July, here on my blog will see the return of NXT month. I did this last year around October and it went down really really well, so I decided to bring it back this Summer. If things go down as planned then the first post in the series will be up on the first of July. I would love to know what posts you would like to see throughout the month so feel free to leave your requests down in the comments section bellow. I will also be brining you some more updates and news surrounding my podcast within in the next month. I'm planing on actually kick starting the podcast around October/November, that's all the information I really have at the moment but there is more to come so keep an eye out. As usual, I will link bellow any recent blog post including my Payback and RAW Review and Reactions posts. and, finally, you can let me know who your favourite heel in the WWE is right now by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday the Elimination Chamber will return and after Daniel Bryan was forced to give up he's Intercontinental Championship last month six superstars were chosen to compete in the Elimination Chamber for one of the most respected championships in WWE history. Sheamus, Ryback, Rusev, R-truth, Dolph Ziggler, and King Barrett will all square off in the hopes to leave May your new Intercontinental Champion. In today's blog post I'm going to be looking at all the superstars competing this weekend and making individual predictions. I will finally make my last bold predictions right at the end, so there is a lot to get through! Let's jump right into thing.

Rusev
The first superstar we are taking a look at today is former United States champion, Rusev. Since debuting on the main roster last year he has been unstoppable. We have seen him grow week after week, month after month. He has developed and improved majorly as a character and an all round performer. He's in ring ability has got better and better and he is by far one of the most convincing heels on the roster right now. He has had some of my favourite matches of the year so far and has been a huge stand out at almost every pay per view this year. At the moment we are seeing the split between him and Lana take centre stage, something that has been growing for quite some time now. I, along with a lot of other people have been comparing their storyline with Sable and Marc Mero but they have done such a great job and the chemistry between them has been amazing. This Sunday will be the first time Rusev doesn't have Lana by he's side rooting him on and this will also be he's first ever Elimination Chamber match so there's a lot the former United States champion has to take in. When it comes to the Lana situation we can expect to see just how it is effecting him in in this Sunday's championship match up. If Lana is out at ringside or comes down to the ring at any moment to watch the action then she will work as a perfect distraction for Rusev and could possibly be the reason he gets eliminated. Another thing we can expect is for him to go straight after Dolph Ziggler. For a couple of weeks now we have seen Lana take a shine to the former world champion and Rusev has made it pretty clear he is not happy about it what so ever. I'm not sure how a full on feud between the two could go down or if it will even happen but their will defiantly be some tensions between the two and Rusev will make Ziggler he's number one target. I do think these two could hands down steal the show. Their both two of the strongest all round performers on the roster and going into this match and that will really show throughout this match. Rusev has such a wide move set and is so good at telling a story that he will hands down be a stand out of the night. The fact that this is he's first Elimination Chamber won't come into play what so ever and he will fit right into this match perfectly, really show casing that barbaric, ruthless side. I do think there is a chance he could walk out the victor and the new Intercontinental Championship. It would prove he doesn't need Lana and a feud between him and Ziggler for the title would not be difficult to set up at all.

R-Truth
R-truth is up next and to be honest there is not much to really say here. I don't fully understand why he was even put in the match but then again he has managed to pick up a thew wins here and there and has had quite a bit of TV time since Wrestlemania so I suppose it makes some kind of sense. I think we can all agree that Truth will not be leaving the Elimination Chamber as the new IC champion and has simply been added to bring diversity and to fill a gap, even though I do believe that Neville should of been put in this match up. It's likely that Truth will be first eliminated but to be fair that's a little too predicable for my liking and we could see him take out someone like Rusev out of distraction or something small like that but I can't see him lasting long in this match up at all.

Dolph Ziggler 
Up next, Dolph Ziggler. Now, Ziggler does have history and experience inside the Elimination Chamber and that will defiantly work in he's favour. He of course is the fan favourite heading into this match up and will of course have the crowd and everyone at home behind him one hundred per cent. Ziggler will be going into this match with a lot of momentum on he's side. Not only does he have history with both the Intercontinental Championship and the Elimination Chamber but after picking up several wins over the past month and having he's paring with Lana, Ziggler is walking into this looking strong. The match itself will really allow Ziggler to shine and I think a lot of the attention will be on him this weekend. I mentioned earlier about the issues he is having with Rusev after Lana kissed him a couple of weeks back on Monday night RAW.  This Sunday at Elimination Chamber we can more than expect these two to clash with Rusev guaranteed to go straight for the former world champion. The action between those two will be very interesting. Their both two of the best all round performers in the WWE right now and they both get a lot of attention from the WWE universe. I do think these two will tell a great story throughout their time in this match but when it comes down to who should be eliminated first I honestly think it could go either way and work on both ways. If Ziggler is eliminated by Rusev it allows Rusev to gain some momentum and if he was to take Ziggler out the WWE could easily go down this storyline root of Rusev taking out every superstar Lana tries to replace him with while at the same time proving he doesn't need her. Or, what they could do is have Ziggler eliminate Rusev to do the complete opposite sending Rusev down this path of failure  proving he does need Lana after all. Will either one of these superstars be leaving the IC champion? I think it's likely. I'm not sure if I would want either one having the title at the moment but it will be interesting see what they do with Ziggler after the Elimination Chamber.

Sheamus
My personal favourite is up next. Since returning to action, Sheamus has been on fire. He has come back as one of the toughest, strongest, biggest heels on the roster. He has been booked strong and has developed massively as a character. He's recent feud with Dolph Ziggler was very well done and we saw an all round amazing performance from both Sheamus and Ziggler and in the end Sheamus got the ending he needed and was left the man on top. This feud was the perfect way to get Sheamus back on track and kick start everything for him. That moves us on to this weekend.The Elimination chamber is full of superstars who need to have a good night, Sheamus being one of them. He's entire performance will be so so so important. It's key that the WWE keep Sheamus' momentum high if they big plans for him in the future. Now, Sheamus has been in he's fair share of Elimination Chamber matches but he doesn't have the best history in them what so ever, it's important that changed this weekend. He needs to look strong throughout and showcase that barbaric, ruthless side and with the chamber structure it allows him to do so perfectly. If Sheamus is not a stand out in this match then it will put him in serious danger. There's no doubt that he is a top, main event talent, giving him a weak all round performance will just throw him right back and would mean he's build up over the past couple of months would of been for nothing. Will Sheamus be walking out the IC Champion? I think it's a huge possibility. He's never held this championship before and I do think he could bring a lot to it. He is currently claiming to be the one most worthy of being champion after taking Bryan out and I think him becoming champion would be a huge statement and it would be really refreshing seeing a barbaric, champion to be feared, Sheamus would be that type of champion and I really do think we need that right now. If he doesn't win this match then it will be very interesting seeing how he bounced back and how the WWE will still make him look strong despite not winning. I am worried that if things don't go he's way this weekend then he could be in serious trouble. I think no matter what he will have a dominate permanence and a top stand out which is what he will need to be.

Ryback
Up net, Ryback. If I'm being honest I'm not quite sure what Ryback's role in this match is. Earlier in the month we saw him have quite possibly the best match in he's WWE career when he went one on one with Bray Wyatt but for a while now he's been all over the place and the WWE  have clearly struggled in putting him in something stable and strong. We have seen him compete in random tag team matches, segments and feuds and on the way he has been building momentum. For example, I wasn't expecting him to get a victory over Bad News Barrett this past week on Monday night RAW and then the previous week had a great showing on the mic and in he's match with Sheamus. I have been very very impressed with Ryback throughout this month but what he will be doing and the role he will play this Sunday at the Elimination Chamber remains a mystery. I'm defiantly going to be keeping a very close eye on Ryback throughout this match. With his current rib injury and he's lack of experience inside he Elimination Chamber it throws him right in the spotlight for al the wrong reasons. I think he will really struggle to stand out at times but it's possible he could be down to the final four or three depending on what the WWE have planned for him over the next couple of months. It's likely he's injury will play a huge role and the WWE are bound to work a storyline with that throughout the match.Can he win? I don't think so, if I'm being honest. I don't know what they would do with him as champion but it's going to be an interesting night for the big guy.

Bad News Barrett
And finally, we have the King himself, Bad News Barrett. The year so far has been an interesting and an eventful one. He has many ups and many downs but all round it's been a pretty good year. Wining the two thousand and fifteen King of the ring was a huge step in he's career but since he was crowned king of the ring I have been very on edge. I'm a huge Barrett fan I really want him to do well. I think he is one of the best characters, wrestlers, and all round performers on the main roster and I'm always sitting and hopeing that the WWE will have some big waiting for him and round the corner and he does have he's moments. I do still think that in order to keep everyone watching him and keep he's momentum going he needs one heck of a push. I'm going to use NXT as an example again, I'm sorry, but what NXT shows is that you don't always have to be the one to score the win in order to be the one we all talk about. Just look at Becky Lynch for example. If Barrett can get a reaction similar to
what she got and have a strong performance, then loosing the chamber match will not effect him badly at all and it will still keep in the spotlight. A strong performance will force the WWE to keep centre of attention. He's one of the best heels on the main roster right now and I think because of he's experience with the chamber and he's history with the rest of the opponents he will be a true stand out and he will tell a great story throughput. I think we will see him and Sheamus really work well together throughout the match but it will be interesting to see who out lasts each other.

I think this a very unpredictable match and anything couple happen meaning anyone of these six superstars could be the next Intercontinental champion. I would of really liked to have seen Randy Orton in this match to really shake things up and bring more hype and importance to the match. I think they could of gone down a really good storyline root between him and Sheamus and it would of been the perfect feud for both of them. After thinking about everything in more detail I'm one hundred percent favouring Sheamus for this one but I wan't to know what YOU think. Leave a comment bellow telling me what you predictions are for this match or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts