NXT Takeover Predictions Part 1

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This up and coming week will see the next NXT live show and of course that means I will be here every day this week with my predictions for every match on the two hour card. You guys know just how much I love NXT and it's live show's so I'm so glad there is another one around the corner and I was delighted to hear that it would be becoming a monthly thing or at least a regular one. Unlike my pay per view predictions for the main roster, I might be writing and uploading two predictions in one post like I have done in the past but that doesn't seem to be a problem with any of you. I know that I have been bombarding you lately with Predictions posts with it being Payback prediction week last week and now NXT takeover but these posts do go down well and I do have some new stuff coming up very soon including a post all about Renee Young and why I think she will continue to make history in the business and a post all about why Sheamus should join the Authority. So bare with me, the prediction posts will be over soon, I promise. Anyway, in each prediction post this week I will be taking you through what has happened over the past thew months or since the last NXT live show, I will also be inserting what I wrote in the last NXT Takeover Review and reactions post, then finally I will have my actual predictions for the match I'm talking about. I will of course leave the links bellow at the end to any recent posts including my Payback Review and Reactions post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for NXT Takeover by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This coming Wednesday, Baron Corbin will face he's toughest challenge yet when he take on former ECW and TNA star, Rhyno in one on one action at NXT Takeover. After months of feuding on the road the two powerhouses will collide for the first time on a televised show as Rhyno sets to end the one other destructive force in NXT that is, Baron Corbin. Before we get into today's blog post let's take a look back at the last NXT Takeover show and let's see what Corbin was up to on that date.

"Up next we saw the no disqualification match between the two power houses, Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey. After scoring two solid wins over Dempsey, Baron clearly had momentum on he's side but after Bull cost him a huge match last week on NXT, Bull was in the head of Corbin and so had a slight advantage there. Now, I have to admit, I was really disappointed with this match. I was expecting it to be much much longer than it was and the fact the match was no DQ, I was just all round expecting more. I think it was important for Bull to really stand out. I mentioned in my prediction post for this match that I was convinced Baron was going to win but Bull had to be the stand and out and to be fair he was. He did a great job staying in control and keeping the match at he's pace but all round it was all just very disappointing. I think if the show was three hours they could of showed and done so much more and it would of met the expectations. I would of liked to see more use of objects, it was no DQ and wanted them to really use that because this match could of been one of the best no DQ matches in years. But with what we did get I was fairly impressed, and it was Bull that was the stand out even though Corbin walked away with the victory. I do think the WWE are higher on Corbin so it will be interesting to see what they do with both these superstars as of next week, as they should both be moving on to something new."

After being showcased twice on NXT TV as part of two separate  tag teams, Baron Corbin finally made he's official NXT debut mid last year when he took on CJ Parker and he's open challenge at NXT Takeover. Ever since we have seen Corbin completely dominate every man who stands before him and has made a true name for himself very early on in he's career. It wouldn't take long for Baron to showcase he's strength and unique image and a certain pattern in he's matches really allowed him to be separated from the other men on the roster. Corbin's short, one sided matches went down a treat with the NXT universe and became he's "thing" as the company used the strong reactions from the crowd to kick start he's career and for weeks we would see him take on varies jobbers and defeat them in some of the shortest times in WWE history. From this Baron became very marketable as the big guy with the undefeated streak and this also was the foundation of he's first major feud. When the WWE decided to put Corbin and Bull Dempsey in a feud I could not have been more happy. I spent months waiting for Corbin to debut on NXT TV and even though I had been enjoying h's  building up stage, I wanted more. He was clearly being held back and he needed something strong that would put him over and set him off in the right direction. Bull Dempsey was the perfect man in helping Corbin do just that. The turning point for Baron however was defiantly he's one on one match with Adrian Neville where he was competing in the number one contender-ship for the NXT Championship. It was here that we got to see more of him in the ring and was given the chance to showcase what he is capable of in the ring. Losing the match was also a ice breaker but at the same time. However, to this day I think it was the wrong time to have him pick up he's first win. I still think that the match should of ended in DQ, it would of made sense but at the same time I get why they did it and it was a clever idea. I think that if they kept he's undefeated streak going right up until he faced Rhyno then there could of been something really strong for him and a storyline that would of worked really well but to be honest it's as if that loss never even happened. It's been rumoured for a while now that the WWE are very high on Baron Corbin and why shouldn't they? At almost seven foot, nearly three hundred pounds and strong, unique image, he ticks all the boxes and stands out for all the right reasons. In he's short career he's had seriously huge comparisons including several comparisons to the Undertaker, witch by the way I totally see. Also, Corbin hasn't wrestled all that much on TV but he already has he's own T-shirt and recently during Wrestlemania Axxess did a signing and panel with the current NXT Women's champion Sasha Banks and the current NXT Champion Kevin Owens. During live show's he has take on some of the top names in the promotion including Tyler Breeze (witch you can see in the picture above). At Wrestlemania Axxess he also competed in the tournament to determine the NXT star to compete in the second annual Andre the giant memorial battle royal. In a short amount of time Corbin has really done a lot and the WWE have put a lot of faith in him and as a result he has become one of the bigger faces of the company despite not making as much TV appearances as some of the men he has stepped in the ring with. I did write a blog post on why I think Corbin could be the next NXT Champion and I will link that bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so.

I was so glad to see that Rhyno was back in the WWE and more to happy see him doing some work down in NXT. He has already had a great match against Sami Zayn and I predict even better ones to come. I really like the idea of past superstars coming back and helping the new guys down in NXT, whether it be training them or putting them over. I think it's something that really works and well and we will see that come into play this week at NXT Takeover. Rhyno has been in several simple squash matches to gain momentum and have him come across as strong as dominate as possible. Getting him ready for he's fight against Corbin.

I have high expectations of this match. I have heard high reviews on their work from live shows and their feud as a whole. We haven't seen all that much of their feud on TV but I don't think that will be a problem at all. I think this match is extremely important for Corbin. I really want this match to be a long one. One that will allow Corbin to show us even more even the ring. He has a tough challenge going up against Rhyno. It will also be interesting seeing him work as a heel more over the next thew months after this match. He's been doing a good job at live shows working as the bad guy so it will be interesting to see it translate on TV also. I think he needs to seriously wow us this week. It will be this match that will tell us just how much faith the WWE have in Baron. To be honest I can't see him walking away with a loss. I don't know if it would make as much sense for him to loose at it would for Rhyno. I don't know where they would go with him after that. I think we will see a very dominate performance from both superstars and we're likely to see Rhyno take control in the early stages but this has to be about Baron. This needs to be the start of he's climb to the top. Being put over by Rhyno is not something many young talents can say have happened to them but I think Corbin will be one. If he wins this match at Takeover, we should all be keeping our eyes very close on Baron Corbin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Cas & Enzo VS Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake

Up next we are making our predictions for the tag team match of the night witch will see Big Cas and Enzo attempt to capture the NXT Tag team championships from Wesley Blake and Buddy Murpthy. For the past couple of months now we have seen a growing feud between these two teams and I actually have really enjoyed it. There both two very different teams who bring two very different things to the company. On one side we have Blake and Murphy. Two extremely talented superstars with so much in ring skill and ability. These guys really up the game when it comes to the tag division in the WWE. Their a true, honest, pure, fresh, tag team with a touch of tradition while being extremely new and unique at the same time. Then we have Enzo and Big Cas who bring all the fun and excitement. Now, these two might now be the strongest/ most talented of wrestlers in the whole world and they may not be the cleanest in the ring but these guys know how to sell and show a match. They the most popular, favourite tag teams in NXT history and they have a level of charisma that no one in NXT can compare to. Over the past year I have spoken about both these teams very highly here on my blog and over on twitter. I have made it more than clear these two are two of my all time and current favourite tag teams in NXT for very different reasons. Their feud really has made great TV over the past thew months. I will admit, Enzo and Cas have been the driving force in my eyes. They've been the ones to bring all the laughs and entertainment while Blake and Murphy have taken more of a back seat and let their in ring talent shine. The build up for this match has been done well but I think wrestling wise this match is going to be the weakest of the night. Murphy and Blake will most certainly be in control of most of the match and will do their best to make Cas and Enzo look as a good as they can. I would personally love to see more from Enzo. He has so much character and charisma but to make it he needs to brush up on he's wrestling ability. I'd love to see Enzo and Cas surprise us and pull out some impressive stuff this week but in all honestly I do think this will be the weakest match of the night. Will the title change hands? I actually think this could go either way. With Carmella at ringside she could easily do something to allow Enzo and Cas to score the win and become new champs or she could do the opposite, after all this is Carmella we're talking about. I think now would be an interesting time for these two to become champs. I don't doubt for a second
they will hold the titles at some point but whether or not they are ready now is another thing. I think they still have a lot of work to do and have a lot of improvements to make before they can hold the titles but at the same time they are at an all time high right now with their popularity and so it wouldn't be a stupid idea to have a title change. However, I personally would like Murphy and Blake to have a slightly longer title run and if they lost the titles this week I don't know where they would go from their. I say give it another couple of months and a title change might be a good idea. But this is NXT and anything could happen. I'd like to see maybe Bliss and Carmella play some kind of role also.

Payback Review and Reactions
RAW Predictions

Comments

Popular Posts