Payback Predictions: Sheamus VS Dolph Ziggler

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are doing very well! This Sunday the WWE will present the two thousand and fifteen Payback pay per view after just three weeks from Extreme Rules. The card has been set, the matches have been made official, and it's time for me to start my Payback prediction week. I know, it feels like only yesterday that my predictions ended. With it being Extreme Rules not that long ago it feels like it's prediction season forever; but I do like writing these posts at times and you guys do like reading them so I hope your not fussed at the fact there is another week and a half of predictions left. I say a week and a half because next week we have another NXT takeover live show witch means I will be uploading my NXT Takeover predictions this weekend also. But for now let's just keep our minds on Payback. If you are new to my blog then you may not know what prediction week is about. To be honest it's pretty self explanatory. From Monday to Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for every match on the Payback card. I will be talking a look at the action of the past couple of weeks, inserting what I wrote about the previous action between the two superstars at the past live show from my review and reactions post of that pay per view, then finally making my bold predictions for this Sunday's match, being spoken about in the blog post. I do this every month for every pay per view and they seem to go down pretty well. Prediction week does mean that I'm very busy with posts and so there are no Smackdown, NXT, Superstars, and Main event review and reactions and there is also no top five superstars of the week either. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the show this Sunday using the hash tag "Payback" on twitter. Because I have such a busy month this month t does mean I will not be doing a dedicated month until June just because there would be no time to upload them all. Do please however let me know what you would like to see June dedicated to before the end of this month.  I will link bellow any recent posts including my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for this Sunday's pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday at the Payback pay per view we will see chapter two in the Dolph Ziggler VS Sheamus rivalry as the two go one on one for a second time on pay per view. I personally really enjoyed their last match back at Extreme Rules. I liked how it was booked and especially what happened after. I still feel as though Sheamus should of got the win just because it was he's first pay per view match in quite sometime  but creative some how where able to turn things around actually make it all work really well. Despite enjoying their previous match I'm expecting a lot more from them a second time around and I really think they need to deliver to an even high standard. But in the end who will be walking away victorious? Will Sheamus finally get a clean victory over Ziggler? Or will Dolph go two and O against the former world Champion? Well, in Today's blog post I will be taking you through what happened when these two previously went head to head, I'll be looking at what they have both been up too since Extreme Rules and then finally making my bold predictions. With so much to get through let's get right into things.

Here is what I wrote about the Extreme Rules match between these two in my Extreme Rules review and reactions post.
"Up next was the match I was most looking forward of the night, Sheamus VS Dolph Ziggler and their "Kiss me arse" match. Everything about the build up to this match was perfect. Now, I know so many people had a problem with the stipulation of this match but I personally thought it fitted it perfectly and was such a clever good move to make. With Sheamus' new gimmick and he's whole new message the Kiss me arse stipulation was so so well fitted and just worked so so well. I could not have said any more good things about this match and its stipulation than I have done. The match was very split throughout. We saw the action taken outside right at the very start and when things went back inside the ring things carried on with the split feel until Sheamus was able to slow the pace down and let things start to turn on he's side. Sheamus really showed how physical and barbaric he is, wearing Dolph down and really using he's strength advantage to just that. Because Sheamus was in control at this point it meant the match was going at a much slower pace and spent a lot of time taking all the energy away from Ziggler. Throughout the match we also saw Sheamus do a really good job in portraying a perfect heel, staying in character and telling the story he has been telling since he's return down to perfection. Whenever we thought Ziggler was getting back on track and he was able to gain some momentum Sheamus always had something better and stronger waiting around the corner to throw back at him. The crowd of course were all for Ziggler, I personally were rooting for Sheamus. Talking of Sheamus it was nice to see him use some new stuff and really show another side to he's move set. Using the ropes, locking in the submission hold, and showcasing he's strength. In the end Ziggler got the win. Now, I hated this. Not just because I'm a Sheamus fan but because storyline wise I don't see how it made sense. I honestly didn't think the WWE would be stupid enough to have Sheamus loose he's come back pay per view and with this stipulation. This was the way to push Sheamus as mega heel and really add some heat. So I don't fully get why they made this move. I liked what we got after the match with Sheamus' serious disapproval and little temper tantrum. The low blow and attack after was a great touch but yeah, still not sure on how I feel about this. It was a decent match, I suppose a clever ending but I think I just expected more. In the end Sheamus did rub Ziggler's face in he's arse cheek so I can't complain."

Everyone and their mother knows just how much I love Sheamus. I've been a massive fan of he's from the moment he came to the WWE and I've been more than vocal about it. When he returned last month debuting a new image and attitude I could not have been more happy....and a shocked. He's had a such a good past month and things are only looking up, but it's so so so important that he leaves Payback with a clean win over Dolph Ziggler. There's no doubt about it, Sheamus is one of the most talented big men in WWE today and he's new character has allowed him to seriously develop and stand out far more on the roster, pretty much making him the full package. I've never been the biggest Dolph Ziggler fan but over the past year things have completely changed and I can now call myself a Ziggler fan. Even though I have jumped on the push Ziggler band wagon, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that Sheamus going over this Sunday at Payback makes the most sense. You guys know how much I felt that Sheamus should of got the win over Ziggler last month at Extreme Rules, it would make no sense what so ever for him to loose again this weekend. The way the Kiss me arse match was done worked so so well and did all the right things. Dolph was able to get the win, making the most of the WWE universe beyond delighted, but at the same time Sheamus was able to get a huge amount of heat and go over more as a heel when he didn't apply to the rules of the match stipulation and for doing what he did after the match. And anyway I was actual one of not many that like the Kiss me arse stipulation and felt that it really worked. But at Payback that won't be enough. We need a major win for Sheamus to anger the fans and push him even more as a top heel. He needs to come across as one of the most dominate forces in WWE today. I have already done a blog post on why I think Sheamus will be next to join the authority and I will link that bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. The possibility of Sheamus joining this weekend is high, really high. We're all expecting Kane to finally turn and part ways with the Authority and Sheamus would be the best person to replace him as I mentioned in my blog post. Right now, the WWE are lacking top heels when you take out Rollins and Rusev. We need someone to step in and come across as a legit dangerous superstar on the roster. Sheamus is that superstar. Booking Sheamus strong is what will make him a legit bad guy in the company and would give him some heat. Sheamus makes an amazing amazing heel. He's so comfortable in the role and so convincing that all he would need to rely on is strong booking. He comes across as that perfect ruthless villain and taking out the fans favourite would be the best way to kick start he's run as one of the companies top heel.

As for Ziggler he has had a very up and down year but all round it's been strong. Two thousand and fifteen has been a great year for him so far. The fans still have all the faith in the world in him and he has competed in some of the best matches of the year and I never seem to have a bad word to say about him. There's no doubt about, Dolph Ziggler is one of the most talented all round performers and wrestlers in the world of pro wrestling to today, there's no doubt about it, but the WWE have never seem to be able to sort things out with him and set him off in the right directions. The fans however love him to pieces and I have said it before that even though Dolph Ziggler fans are a little on the crazy side they are my favourite fans. They genuinely believe in him and see he's talent clear as day. He's had some poor booking in the past but this year he has competed against the big names in the company and has delivered to a high high standard. He knows how to entertain a crowd and how to sell out arenas. Every single week he comes out and he gives it he's all, proving time and time again that he is one of the best men on the roster. Last month at Payback he was able to score a massive win over Sheamus and therefore the WWE succeeded in pleasing the fans. I personally was not expecting Dolph to leave that pay per view the winner. He had a strong showing and the win was a nice surprise. It was good to see him actually win a pay per view match, however this will not be happening again this weekend. I will admit, Ziggler has been the main man in the build up. He'd done a great job cutting promos, getting the fans on he's side, getting under the skin of Sheamus and keeping the entertainment alive in the feud but he will not walk out of Payback with another win over Sheamus, it would just make no sense for Sheamus to have another loss. The WWE would be stupid to have Sheamus loose again. There's nod about it, Ziggler will have a stand out performance and will
bring the speed and excitement to this match but this Sunday it's all about putting Sheamus over as a top heel and once again adding sympathy to Ziggler.

Once again, I do think this will be a stand out match of the night and one that will sure to feature in my top twenty matches of the month. They both have such two very different styles that seem to just work so perfectly together. This is also my current favourite feud right now on the WWE main roster so I'm expecting a lot. I do think this time round the match needs to be much much stronger and longer. The WWE will be looking to put on an outstanding show after such a weak Extreme Rules, The build up for this match has been strong and I am really looking forward to this match. In my eyes its a one way street. Sheamus has to win this one. It's so important that he gets a win this weekend over Dolph. It would make no sense what so ever for Sheamus to loose he's match this weekend.  Of course Ziggler will gain more sympathy from the WWE universe and he will have a great performance but in the end Sheamus will be walking away the winner in this one. I doubt that this feud will continue any longer, I think after this Sheamus should go onto something new. Maybe coming into the Authority.  This looks like it could be a huge, important night for Sheamus.

But what do you think? Leave a comment bellow letting me know what your predictions are or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts