Top 20 Matches of the Month April: pt2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! So we have reached the end of yet another month witch means its time for my top twenty matches of the month. You guys know how much I love writing these posts and I know you guys love reading them so I always love it when it comes to this time of the month. April has been completely dominated by the WWE and the main roster. I have really struggled to get into a lot of TNA matches this month. Don't get me wrong their have been some great shows ad matches but as a whole I just haven't connected this month with TNA and I think the WWE have been on a role with it's booking and I have really enjoyed watching the product in April. So you will see that this month both in my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month there will be a lot of WWE matches and WWE superstars in the list more than NXT and TNA but there is a mixture in there. Now, I know I wanted to start my TNA review and reactions but after being ill, and having family around and then having problems with my anxiety it was really difficult to get on track but hopefully I can next month. I will link bellow any recent posts including my RAW and Extreme rules review and reactions. You can let me know what you thought of this months action and what has been your match of the month by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

10) Tyler Breeze VS Hideo Itami (NXT 1/4)
CONTENT FROM NXT REVIEW AND REACTIONS- Finally, it was main event time and as announced earlier in the day, this weeks NXT Main event would see Tyler Breeze and Hideo Itami go one on one again, this time in a two out of three falls match. I have said it before on my blog and I will say it again, the one thing I love about NXT and the one thing they really do better than the main roster is diversity in their main events. While on the main roster we see the same superstars weekly compete in the main event and the stipulation is always the same, down in NXT almost every week we get something different. One week we will see the NXT Champion main event, the next it could be a divas match, it's never just the guys considered to be the top or the superstars only in the title picture. Breeze and Hideo are two of the best, most entertaining NXT superstars or in fact WWE superstars and they have main evented NXT several times before while if the were on the main roster I doubt very much they would be main eventing at all. Last night, these guys proved yet again why they are so highly spoken about and hyped in NXT. They proved they are two of the best and deserved that main event match again. Making it a two out of three falls match meant the match was so much more tense and so much more gripping. They told a story, the match was fast paced, entertaining, and well put together. I would of loved it if it was longer and yeah it could of been even better but I really did enjoy this match and was another one to add to the list of their great matches. What made me even more happy was the fact that Breeze got the win. I could not of been more delighted to have seen Tyler get the win.

9) Adrian Neville VS Luke Harper ( RAW 27/4)
CONTENT FROM RAW REVIEW AND REACTIONS - The last match in the king of the ring tournament saw another two of my favourite superstars go at, as Luke Harper and Adrian Neville tried to get a step closer to becoming the two thousand and fifteen king of the ring winner. Once again, I don't need to sit hear and tell you just how much I love both these superstars, I go on about it enough every single day on twitter and on my blog. Out of all the matches of the night I thought this was the most predictable but also the most interesting. This was a very unique pairing. Both Neville and Harper are completely worlds apart from their all round image to their actual wrestling style. I did really think these guys could put on a really great match because of how different they were and this could easily have been he's best match on the main roster so far (Neville that is). Think about, if these guys were given say fifteen minuets they could easily blow our minds away and give us a match of the year quality match. So for this one I did really put everything aside and paid attention to see what these guys would put on even though I was one hundred percent sure Neville was walking away the winner and I do think that Neville is one of the favourites to win the tournament. I think out of all the matches this was the one I was most interested in and most fascinated by. The start of this match was very very fast paced and saw Neville take serious control.We saw the former NXT champion use he's speed to he's advantage to keep the match at he's pace and there for in he's control. But it would not take long at all for Harper to turn things around and slow it all down a notch. Of course throughout the match Neville gave us some "Holy shit" moments and had some great spots. I was seriously entertained throughout this match, from the very start right to the very end because it was just so fast paced , so energetic, so full of big big action. These guys proved they are two of the best of the best and they put on a truly outstanding match. The NXT chants also put a huge smile on my face. The closing moments where done so well and the match was so so well put together. I just flat out loved it and Neville earned that win, advancing to the semi finals.

8) Dolph Ziggler VS Adrian Neville (RAW 13/4)
We now have another match from Monday night RAW ( I know there is not many matches from the main roster this month), and this time it comes from Dolph Ziggler and Adrian Neville and their one on one match back on the fifteenth of April during the London show. When you say the words Dolph Ziggler VS Adrian Neville you can help but light up. A match between these two is dream level. It's the type of match that you know immediately that it's going to be amazing and that they are going to deliver to a high standard and they did not disappoint what so ever. On the night Ziggler issued an open challenge and answering it in he's home country crowd was of course Adrian Neville. Literally when Neville came out my face lit up and I was completely focused on the match. I honestly did not take my eyes off of the TV for a single second. From the get go these two just brought it. The energy was so high! It was fast paced, it was energetic, it was, fun,it was entertaining and it was pure wrestling. They really do compliment each other in the ring and one another's styles not to mention they are both awesome sellers. For me Neville was the man of the match, the action out side of the ring left me literally clapping at my TV. Ziggler did a good job putting him over and I will admit I was disappointed Neville didn't win but I really think this slow, patient build for Neville is smart and really good. The only bad thing I have to say about this match is that I wish it was longer. I could honestly have watched these two wrestle each other for an hour!

7) Charlotte VS Becky Lynch VS Bayley (NXT 22/4)
We now have our only NXT divas match of the month to enter the list. A triple threat match to determine the number one contender for Sasha Banks' NXT Women's championship against Bayley, former champion Charlotte, and Becky Lynch. The thing with NXT divas matches is they are so unpredictable (just like NXT altogether) and you know for a fact they are not going to disappoint, especially these three. So I already did have high expectations of this match as soon as it was announced the previous week and I was really excited to see how it would work out. I knew that because NXT is only a one hour show they wouldn't be able to have the longest of matches but they had enough. In the time that they had they put on yet again another outstanding wrestling match. They used every single second of their time to entertain. These three are the best of the best not only in the NXT divas division but the entire WWE divas division and they proved that again in this match. All three of them got their moment to shine and they all had some great spots. It's really hard to call a stand out in this match, simply because they were all so good and they all got an equal amount of time. They told a story really well and they made the match feel so important, and it's so rare that we get that in divas matches in the WWE. The crowd loved the match and they received a this is awesome and this is wrestling chant witch made me so happy and proud! What I loved even more was the ending. I personally thought that Bayley was going to be walking away the winner and I was really not expecting Becky Lynch to win at all. I loved how she won, I loved how out of the blue and unpredictable it was. Everything about it felt right and I really really enjoyed this match.

6) Hideo Itami VS Adrian Neville (NXT 8/4)
Up next is one of my favourite matches of the year so far and it comes from two of the biggest names in NXT history, Hideo Itami VS Adrian Neville. This match was pre recorded during Wrestlemania Axxess and was apart of the tournament to determine the NXT star who would compete in the second annual Andre the giant memorial battle royal at Wrestlemania thirty one. Before these two could even get their hands on each other the crowd began a "this is awesome" chant because let's face it, it was. This was the first time Neville and Itami had competed against one another in NXT and over the past year or so they have both proven time and time again to be the best of the best. For me and many others, this was a dream match. But with so much admiration came a high high expectations.  After making such huge names of themselves, everyone expected these guys to deliver on a high level and they did just that. From the very start right through to the very end the match had that classic feel to it. You didn't have to be a strong wrestling fan to know that this was a match up everyone was going to be talking about for years to come. It had that top talent, money making feel to it that no one could question. Now, these guy's didn't get a lot of time in the ring compared to what we would of liked to have seen them get but they took advantage of every second they had. They left the crowd on fire throughout and there was not a single minuet during the match where the crowd fell quiet. The action was fast paced, entertaining, they told a story and most importantly it felt like I was watching a real wrestling match. It's so common now in WWE to feel like your watching a gimmicky, predicable match while this one felt like I was watching two outstanding wrestlers go at it for fifteen minuets in an outstanding match up. The closing moments where so well put together and the match came together really well, putting it in Aprils top twenty matches list.

5) Seth Rollins VS Adrian Neville (RAW 6/4)
Adrian Neville makes one of many appearances in this month's top twenty matches next as he's one on one match up between Seth Rollins on the sixth of April edition of RAW makes it's way into the list.  This was only Neville's second match since coming up to the main roster and I think the chosen opponent for him was a huge insight into just how much belief the WWE have in Adrian Neville. I know I keep saying "Adrian" Neville but I just can't call him "Neville" I'm sorry. Anyway, as I was saying giving Neville the WWE World Heavyweight champion, Seth Rollins as he's second main roster opponent was a huge deal and eve though we all know what Neville is capable of doing in the ring he had a lot to prove and the expectations where extremely high. Now, I don't know about you, but a match up between these two is a dream match in my opinion. These are by far two of the most gifted, talented wrestlers the WWE have right now and have had for a very long time. Both two major former NXT stars, with Seth Rollins being the first ever NXT Champion and Neville the longest reigning NXT champion, these guys sound great on paper and look great on TV. This match was really well put together and well thought out. They didn't have the longest of time in the ring but it was enough to give Rollins a big win while putting Neville over at the same time. Adrian brought the speed to this match and forced Rollins to bring more to the ring and to the match. He brought something new that we haven't ever seen on the main roster and it was so refreshing seeing something different on an episode of RAW for a change.

4) Bad News Barrett VS Adrian Neville (Extreme Rules)
CONTENT FROM EXTREME RULES REVIEW AND REACTIONS - The thing with these two superstars is that they are so so different. From the way they look to their in ring styles, these two are worlds apart but they are more than capable of delivering a strong match. It wasn't long at all for the crowd to get an NXT chant started and they made it clear they were behind the former NXT Champion. We did see Neville take control very early one in the match, really using he's speed advantage to just that. When things did turn around we really saw things get a lot tougher and the pace was taken down a notch or two, using the surroundings outside of the ring to work for Barrett's side. Neville throughout did a good job in selling every move down to perfection and bring so much conviction to everything both he and Barrett did. We saw a lot of covers from the former five time Intercontinental champion and throughout the time he was in control he was grounding Neville, really taking away he's momentum and energy. I was defiantly expecting to see Neville do more throughout. I was really surprised to see just how much Barrett dominated the match up. But we of course still saw a heck of a lot from Neville and he really was able to showcase what he is capable of to a high level, using crowd momentum and speed to he's advantage. He was also the one who brought the energy to the match while Barrett told the story. What I loved the most about this match was the unpredictability of it. I legit had no idea who would be walking away the winner of this one and it was that that kept me watching and entertained. In the end Neville picked up a nice huge win. Great match and a really nice way to kick things off.

3) DJ Z VS Davie Richards (TNA 12/4)
Coming in at number four this month is one of my fave matches of the year so far and it comes from the TNA X division and two of my top stars on the roster, DJ Z and Davie Richards. I think this is the first time I have ever mentioned DJ Z on my blog and the first time any match of he's has been in my top twenty matches of the month. So let me give you a little idea of how I feel about DJ Z. I love him. I think he is one of the most underrated professional wrestlers around. Over the past year we have seen him really grow to a whole new level and in the space of round twelve months he has put on some of the best matches in TNA. This month we saw him go one on one with one half of the Wolves Davie Richards. For me this was like a dream match, pure heaven.  Everyone new that these two could put on an outstanding match and they really did do just that and so much more. They kept me entertained right throughout, it wasn't gimmicky, or boring what so ever and what I loved the most was that the two aren't in some huge storyline but the match still fitted in nicely to the rest of the show and they really do put on an outstanding match. It had the speed, the unpredictability, the technicality. It was fully entertaining and you literally could not keep your eyes off the action. A great showing from two amazing pro wrestlers and it was nice seeing them both out their alone.

2) Sheamus VS Daniel Bryan (Smackdown 2/4)
CONTENT FROM SMACKDOWN REVIEW AND REACTION- Up next, was a match that was suppose to be a tag team match. After Sheamus returned to RAW attacking both Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler, the WWE announced that Ziggler and Bryan would team up to take on Sheamus and Bad News Barrett but for some reason things were changed and the returning Sheamus took on the new Intercontinental champion Daniel Bryan one on one. I don't mind a feud between these to at all. I did a whole blog post on why these two should feud anyway, witch you may have already seen. A thew years ago they had a great feud and some outstanding matches so repeating history doesn't bother me at all. Now for Sheamus' new image. When he debuted the look this past week on RAW, I was pretty much speechless and I absolutely hated the look. I'm still not a fan of it at all but I don't hate it as much as I did. I think the new image could either be a really good thing or a really really bad thing. When I heard that Sheamus had changed he's entrance theme, I was considering giving up on this guy. I don't think I could of taken any more bad changed this week from him but can I just say, that I love the new theme. The whole new entrance I just love. And last night was a huge turning point in my opinions on the new Sheamus, maybe, just maybe, I might start to love this new image more than the old one. Not even I can deny any more, this was all pretty bad ass. Sheamus does play a great heel and he's little promo before the match was really well done. It's nice to see that he hasn't got this typical Irish gimmick any more and it's so refreshing.I will miss the old theme however. We also had Barrett at commentary for this match. The match started out with Bryan taking control but Sheamus very quickly was able to turn things around take things at he's pace but Bryan was always ready to use he's speed advantage to keep things on he's side. The commentary  from Barrett was amazing yet again! I literally cannot describe to you just how much I love Barrett on commentary and how shocked  always am how legit is a great commentator.I don't know about you but I would choose Barrett of JBL any day. Sheamus' strength of advantage really did take over and he dominated a good chunk of it. After Bryan was busted open and Barrett go involved it allowed Sheamus to take advantage and get a count out win. A nice solid heel win witch I really did like. I loved this main event. I thought it was a good quality main event and when I talk about diversity in main event matches, this is what I'm talking about. Nice and full length, different, not highly predictable, back and fourth, barbaric, full of strength and speed and character. Great character building match and story building match. The addition of Barrett was a rally good idea and a nice to end the show, could not be more happy with this match. Two top stars really going at it.

1)Finn Balor VS Hideo Itami (NXT 8/4)
Finally,this months match of the month is yet another NXT match and it once again comes from two
of the top stars on the roster, Finn Balor and Hideo Itami. This match took place during the pre recorded Wrestlemania Axxess show during the tournament to determine the NXT star who will go on to compete in the second annual Andre the Giant memorial battle royal at Wrestlemania thirty one and this match in particular was the finals in the tournament. With both superstars being labelled as two of the best in the company and the history they share the expectations for the match between these two where unbelievably high. Before the two could even get their hands on one another the crowd where on fire making their "this is awesome" chants more than well heard. When I knew I was going to get to see this match after hearing the rave reviews during Wrestlemania week I was beyond happy and got cosy and comfortable on my sofa ready to enjoy what was bound to be an outstanding match and so it was. This was a top quality match. Throughout the two told a story and it was clear example of what you get when you stick two extremely talented superstars with huge history in the middle of the ring with each other. It was an extremely fast paced match and was one witch you knew you could not take your eyes away from for a split second because you could very easily miss something mind blowing. This match was not only one of my favourite matches of the month, or one of my favourite NXT matches ever but one of my all time favourite wrestling matches I have seen in a very very long time.  What I also loved the most was how unpredictable it was and how Hideo got a much deserved win despite it looking as if Finn would most likely leave the winner. A phenomenal match between two phenomenal superstars.


RAW Review and Reactions
Extreme Rules Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts