Payback Predictions: New Day VS Cesaro & Tyson Kidd

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are doing very well! This Sunday the WWE will present the two thousand and fifteen Payback pay per view after just three weeks from Extreme Rules. The card has been set, the matches have been made official, and it's time for me to start my Payback prediction week. I know, it feels like only yesterday that my predictions ended. With it being Extreme Rules not that long ago it feels like it's prediction season forever; but I do like writing these posts at times and you guys do like reading them so I hope your not fussed at the fact there is another week and a half of predictions left. I say a week and a half because next week we have another NXT takeover live show witch means I will be uploading my NXT Takeover predictions this weekend also. But for now let's just keep our minds on Payback. If you are new to my blog then you may not know what prediction week is about. To be honest it's pretty self explanatory. From Monday to Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for every match on the Payback card. I will be talking a look at the action of the past couple of weeks, inserting what I wrote about the previous action between the two superstars at the past live show from my review and reactions post of that pay per view, then finally making my bold predictions for this Sunday's match, being spoken about in the blog post. I do this every month for every pay per view and they seem to go down pretty well. Prediction week does mean that I'm very busy with posts and so there are no Smackdown, NXT, Superstars, and Main event review and reactions and there is also no top five superstars of the week either. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the show this Sunday using the hash tag "Payback" on twitter. Because I have such a busy month this month t does mean I will not be doing a dedicated month until June just because there would be no time to upload them all. Do please however let me know what you would like to see June dedicated to before the end of this month.  I will link bellow any recent posts including my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for this Sunday's pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This weekend at the two thousand and fifteen Payback pay per view nearly crowned champions the New Day will defend their tag team champions against the men they took them from, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd, live on the WWE network. These two teams have had some truly outstanding matches over the past couple of months or so so I'm really looking forward to this match. I have spent the last three months really talking highly of the tag division on the WWE Main roster and their booking, so I have high expectations for this Sunday's showdown between two of the best tag teams right now. But who will leave Payback the tag team champions? Will the New day clap their way to success for another night? Or will two of the WWE's best singles talents come together to become two time tag team champions? In today's blog post I will be taking you through what both teams have been up to over the past thew weeks and also taking a look back at their Extreme Rules match up. I will then finally make my bold predictions for their match at this Sunday's event. With so much to get through let's jump straight into things.

Here is what I wrote in my Extreme Rules review and reactions post for their match against on another, witch saw the New day become the new WWE Tag team champions. The full post will be bellow.
"Tag Team action next as the current champs Cesaro and Tyson Kidd defended their championships against the New Day. I never did a predictions post for this match because it was originally set to be
on the kick off show but after the IC title match was cancelled things changed but what I will say I was really looking forward to this match mainly because we now have that unpredictability factor in the tag division and we have had that for a while now and I'm loving it. Last night, fighting o the side of the new day was Big E and Kofi Kingston witch made me happy because I'm still not the biggest Xavier woods fan. I liked how Big E, Kofi Kingston, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd all brought something different and where all very different in ring performers so you didn't really know what to expect. One thing that was certain last night was this was a Cesaro loving city. Talking of Cesaro he once again showed off that amazing strength. The champs did spend most of the time in control witch was great to see and both Kid and Cesaro got their time to really shine and take centre stage. It was also a nice little change seeing Kid and Cesaro work more so as a baby face team. For me, I'd have to say Cesaro was the stand of this match. He brought strength, speed, and excitement to this match and a touch of unpredictability but both Kidd and The New Day had a great showing also. In the end we got new Tag team champions. Now I don't know about you but I was not expecting that at all.  Like I was legit in shock. I would of loved to have seen the titles stay around the waists of Kidd and Cesaro but I think this is an interesting move and once again I love that unpredictability factor."

I have been very vocal about how I feel about the New Day. I know they are pretty controversial and they have taken some heat from the WWE universe but I'm honestly such a huge fan of these guys individually and as a team. I think hey have grown so much over recent month and they have been a real work in progress. Individually they all bring something different; we have Big E who of course brings the power, the strength and the pure entertainment. Then we have Kofi Kingston, the veteran of the group, who brings that unpredictability and those crazy moves of he's we all love. Finally, there's Xavier Woods. I know I have been very honest and blunt about how much I dislike Woods. It's not some kind of personal thing because it's clear he cares about this business and works really hard in bettering himself but he comes across as such a try hard it's frustrating. He's one hundred percent the weakest of the group and he sticks out like a sour thumb for all the wrong reasons. Now I may not like him that much but he does bring something tot he group. He complete it. He's the voice of the group and he's the one that fires up the crowd and to be fair he is picking up and improving in the ring so I can't moan too much. I do honestly believe that the New Day are the best heels right now. They are generating the most heat and they know how to get under the skin of the WWE universe. They get better and better and better week after week and their booking has been so strong. They literally come across so frustrating they really have that old school heel feel. Every promo, every segment, every match is on point and you can't fault that regardless of whether or not you are a fan of them. And they are seriously entertaining, the stand out for me being Big E, but that's probably because he is my personal favourite. This month these guys have been so so strong. Since their surprise win at Extreme Rules they have proved to be worthy champions, working as top heels and delivering to a high standard. They have picked up several strong wins including a handicap match win over Roman Reigns and Randy Orton.

As for Cesaro and Tyson Kidd they have had a great past couple of weeks also. They have already had a great year but working as baby faces has really worked in their favour. I spent so much time last year tweeting and blogging saying that Cesaro should be a face and now that they have finally turnt him he is proving why I and so many spent so much time saying he should of been. He comes across so well as a face as does Tyson Kidd and they have managed to become one of my top tag teams around as a whole. Cesaro has such a good connection with the WWE universe. The fans genuinely love this guy. They see straight through he's talent and have so much faith in him. It's about time the WWE started doing the same thing. Just like the New day, they get better and better week after week and develop and improve as a team more and more. They have really came together and connected well and it's because of that they are having so much success. You guys know I wasn't the biggest fan of them working as a tag team together but my opinions have completely changed. Since Extreme Rules we have seen some good backstage segments from Kidd and Cesaro and they have kept their feud with the New day strong and entertaining. They have picked up a strong, fair amount of both singles and tag team wins on RAW and Smackdown and after Cesaro got a clean win over Big E this past week on RAW, they are walking into Payback high on momentum.

There's no doubt that the fan favourite this weekend is Tyson Kidd and Cesaro. Being such a huge fan of both these teams I honestly don't mind who gets this win. I will be rotting for both anyway. However, If I had to choose a team to win I'd probably have to choose the New day. Not because I'm more for them than I am Kidd and Cesaro but because they have only held the championship a thew weeks, less than a month even and I would really like to see these guys have a longer title reign. I think they have so much to offer as tag team champions, I don't know how well they would bounce back from a loss. But because I'm so on the fence about this match I can easily flip and say that because Kidd and Cesaro are so popular and so strong right now there is a huge chance they could
walk away two time tag team champions and it would make sense. There is so much they could do as tag team champions and to be honest I think they would struggle with getting back on track and finding something strong to do more than the New Day would. At least with the new day they have that whole "positivity" thing that could easily be brought into their loss this weekend. I will be honest out of the whole card this is probably the match I'm most looking forward too. The tag division in the WWE is so strong right now. For the past couple of months I have had nothing but good things to say about the WWE tag division. There is so much unpredictability and because of that unpredictability in the division it means anything could happen in this match this Sunday, just look at Extreme Rules as a prime example.  This match is a two out of three falls match and I know these guys are gonna still the show given the right amount of time. The stand out is most likely to be Cesaro. I think this could be a possible top match of the year quality match and one that we talk about for a while. These guys have set the bar really high and there is a lot to live up to but I'm really looking forward to this one.

So, that's what I think. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Payback Predictions Sheamus VS Dolph Ziggler

Comments

Popular Posts