RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. It's time to kick start another week as I bring you my RAW Predictions for the go home show for the Payback pay per view witch of course will be taking place this coming Sunday live on the WWE Network and cable TV. In today's blog post I will be taking you through what I think we will be treated to tonight and why. I will also be predicting the final matches that will be announced either tonight or sometime this week, that will be on the Payback card for this weekend. After an amazing RAW last week it's going to be almost impossible to top it this week and highly doubt that they will, but I'm gonna stay optimistic. This week is of course pay per view prediction week witch means from Today all the way up until Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for all the matches on the card, and this time they won't be in any specific order. On Sunday I will start uploading my NXT Takeover predictions, so it's a week full of predictions. Because so, it means that this week there will be no Smackdown or NXT Review and reactions. A quick side note, I have a lot of family uses going on right now after we revived some bad news so I may not be posting as often for a couple of weeks but I do have some posts pre done. I've decided that July will be NXT month on my blog so you still have that to look forward to and I will go into more detail about that later on in the month. As usual, I will link bellow any recent posts including last weeks top five superstars of the week. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both tonight's RAW and Payback by leaving a comment bellow down in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last week the WWE treated us to an amazing edition of Monday night RAW, one in witch we are now calling the best RAW of the year so far, topping the RAW after Wrestlemania. Witch by the way, is a tough one top. I had nothing but positive things to say about the show last week as they literally gave us everything we have been asking for; unpredictability, excitement, good storytelling and development, pushing the right superstars, and pure, good quality wrestling. However, getting that two weeks in a row is almost impossible so I'm not going to go and get my hopes up for a second great show this week any time soon. But with it being the go home show for the two thousand and fifteen Payback pay per view, will the WWE still deliver a certain level of a good quality show? I will link bellow last weeks RAW review and reactions so you can go and check that out if you haven't already.

For this weeks prediction post I'm going to kick start with the divas division, I can't remember if I did this last week too but hey ho. We are still yet to have a divas match announced for Payback and so we can more than expect Nikki Bella's opponent for the divas championship to be announced for this Sunday, and after the blind sided attack last week from Naomi and a returning Tamina it looks as though Naomi will have yet another shot at becoming champion. Their previous match last month at Extreme Rules was not all that bad but I was expecting a little more so hopefully when they step in the ring for a second time on pay per view they will bring it up a notch. However, there's a strong possibility we won't even get a divas championship match this Sunday. I'm predicting that tonight on RAW we get a tag team match between The Bella's and Naomi and Tamina. If Naomi get's another win over the divas champion then that puts her in line for another title shot. But if this tag team match doesn't go ahead tonight then it's possible Nikki won't put her title on the line this weekend and instead we will get the tag team match I just mentioned on pay per view. I'd personally prefer to see the tag match tonight or at least see Tamina in action so she can get back on track after the injury and prove she is more than just the muscle of a duo. It's also possible we could get a one on one against Brie Bella and Tamina. I have heard rumours that Paige is set to return soon but I'm not sure accurate they are. We did get news last week that she will be involved with Tough Enough so she has a busy thew months ahead. If she does return tonight there wouldn't be much for her unless the just gave her a match against Naomi at Payback. After all, the name of the pay per view makes sense when it comes to why they should have a match against one another. I'm more expecting her back this Sunday. Charlotte was also backstage at last weeks RAW but made no appearance. Her debut is just around the corner so she could arrive on the scene at any moment now.

Moving onto the tag division and you guys all know how happy I have been with the tag division over the past couple of months. The WWE have introduced this unpredictability into the division and I have been loving it. All the teams have stepped it up big time and I have been enjoying every single match from the main roster tag division as of late. Since Extreme Rules we have seen the feud between newly crowned champions the New Day and former champions Cesaro and Tyson Kidd continue. Together they have put on some great matches including the six man tag team match last week on Smackdown witch saw Ryback added to the mix. I have been beyond enjoying watching Kidd and Cesaro work as a baby face tag team. We got right again guys. A baby face Cesaro is perfect. The two, alongside Natalya, have been doing a great job getting the crowd going and putting on some seriously strong matches. Just last week they had yet another strong performance. Talking of last week, the Tag team champions, the new day, took on their toughest challenge yet when they competed in a two on three handicap match against top stars, Roman Reigns and Randy Orton. I loved this opening to the show and the match went down well in my eyes. The champs scored a huge win on the night gaining even more momentum and didn't stop there when they got another win a couple of days later on Smackdown. Because of the continuous feud between these two teams expect a Payback match between them announced at some point during tonight's show. I'm also predicting either a tag team match between them tonight witch is short lived thanks to a DQ or Cesaro and Kidd. Or we could just see one superstar from each team compete against the other in tonight's show, setting up another match between them at Payback for the titles.

Looking at the mid card section of the roster, there is a lot going on right now. Throughout the past two months or so we have seen a lot of work between Bad News Barrett, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, and Adrian Neville. Last week we got a tag team match between the four superstars both on RAW and on Smackdown so I'm not expecting another one tonight, just because it would be stupid to put them all in the ring against one another for a third show in a row. What I am expecting is a match announced for Payback. I'm almost certain that we will get Sheamus VS Dolph Ziggler, part two at payback. After what happened at Extreme Rules, Sheamus needs some serious momentum and most importantly, a win over Dolph Ziggler. Setting that much up won't be difficult what so ever. The two have been banging at each others heads ever since the night after Extreme Rules. Let's say Ziggler is in a match tonight. Maybe he could awnser John Cena's open challenge or in a one on one against Seth Rollins, we could then have Sheamus easily come out and cost Ziggler the match attacking him to the point where can no longer stand. Sheamus could then just demand a match at Payback, and there you go, we have another Payback match for this Sunday. Then there's Neville and Barrett. I'm not sure if they will be getting a Payback match. They haven't really been "feuding" they have just always found themselves left competing against one another. They have had some great matches including the one on the Extreme Rules kick off show so I wouldn't mind seeing another one but to be honest I don't think it will do anything for either superstar. While on the one hand Neville needs a strong win after struggling to pick up many wins since coming up to the main roster. On the other hand we have Barrett who after winning the two thousand and fifteen king of the ring, he needs to keep momentum on a high and loosing to Neville again would do nothing for him.

On to John Cena and he's open challenge. Lets face it, nothing is topping last weeks open challenge, at all. Plain and simple. But when you think of the next best thing, you think of Neville. The former NXT champion is still yet to go one on one with John Cena and with the need to break away from matches with Barrett now could be the perfect timing. I know I just said that he cannot afford another loss, if he was to take on Cena in yet another outstanding match then he's loss would almost count for

nothing. And anyway, to be honest, I'm convinced that regardless of the opponent tonight, it will end in DQ with Rusev getting involved somehow. I'd love to see Neville step to the plate and take on the challenge. He's the underdog that Cena is challenging week after week and it would make perfect sense. Talking of Rusev, he needs a quick win under he's boot, so putting him in a simple one on one squash match is likely tonight, jut to give him some much needed momentum before going into Payback this Sunday.

Also, expect a one on one match between Bray Wyatt and Ryback to also be announced for Payback tonight. And don't forget to look out for more signs that the Wyatt family or at least just Harper and Rowan are reuniting, after what happened last week on Smackdown. I'm defiantly predicting we see something more between the two tonight. Finally, main event. It's hard to predict what is going to go down this week on RAW when it comes to the top talent. Three of the four superstars competing in the Payback main event are all Baby faces, for now so the booking tonight will be interesting. After an amazing week for Ambrose last week, will he's luck continue tonight? And what will be the fallout of one of my favourite contract signings of all time be tonight? I'm expecting a promo from Dean tonight but it's hard to call. All four superstars are going to be looking for momentum before going into the big match this Sunday. It's possible, heels like Sheamus and Barrett will be used tonight. But all round I'm pretty interested to see what we will be getting. It's also rumoured that Daniel Bryan will be at tonight's show, if so he's is likely there to announce what is going on with the IC championship and if he surrenders it tonight then there is more likely going to be a match announced for the championship this Sunday at Payback.

Let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Top 5 Superstars of the week
Smackdown Review and Reactions
Payback Predictions John Cena VS Rusev
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts