Payback Predictions: Bad News Barrett VS Adrian Neville

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are doing very well! This Sunday the WWE will present the two thousand and fifteen Payback pay per view after just three weeks from Extreme Rules. The card has been set, the matches have been made official, and it's time for me to start my Payback prediction week. I know, it feels like only yesterday that my predictions ended. With it being Extreme Rules not that long ago it feels like it's prediction season forever; but I do like writing these posts at times and you guys do like reading them so I hope your not fussed at the fact there is another week and a half of predictions left. I say a week and a half because next week we have another NXT takeover live show witch means I will be uploading my NXT Takeover predictions this weekend also. But for now let's just keep our minds on Payback. If you are new to my blog then you may not know what prediction week is about. To be honest it's pretty self explanatory. From Monday to Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for every match on the Payback card. I will be talking a look at the action of the past couple of weeks, inserting what I wrote about the previous action between the two superstars at the past live show from my review and reactions post of that pay per view, then finally making my bold predictions for this Sunday's match, being spoken about in the blog post. I do this every month for every pay per view and they seem to go down pretty well. Prediction week does mean that I'm very busy with posts and so there are no Smackdown, NXT, Superstars, and Main event review and reactions and there is also no top five superstars of the week either. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the show this Sunday using the hash tag "Payback" on twitter. Because I have such a busy month this month t does mean I will not be doing a dedicated month until June just because there would be no time to upload them all. Do please however let me know what you would like to see June dedicated to before the end of this month.  I will link bellow any recent posts including my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for this Sunday's pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday Bad News Barrett aka King Barrett will go one on one with a man he has stepped in the ring with on several occasions over the past couple of months, former NXT Champion, Adrian Neville, live on the WWE network at the Payback pay per view. After facing each other week in and week out in both singles and tag team action the two will go at it one last time on pay per view this weekend but will it live up to the standards they have set? Who will be walking away with more one win? Who needs this win more? Well in today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back all the way to the Extreme Rules pay per view, talking about their match on the night. I will also be talking about what both superstars have been up to over the past couple of weeks and then finally getting into my bold predictions for the match. With so much to get through let's jump straight into things.

Here is what I wrote when these two superstars went one on one at the Extreme Rules Pay per view only a thew weeks back. The link to the full post will be bellow so you can go check that out.
"

A thew hours before the Extreme Rules pay per view it was announced by WWE.com that the Intercontinental champion Daniel Bryan would be unable to compete due to another injury. As we all know, Bad News Barrett was scheduled to have he's rematch for the title against Bryan last night but instead he was put on the kick off show and was set to take on Neville in one on one action. Now I don't know if it was the bad mood I was in last night or what but this news really did not sit well with me. I think at this point I'm bored of Bryan getting injured to the point where he cannot compete, especially because it always seems to be when he has some kind of championship around he's waist.And I was also really frustrated for Barrett and the fact that they didn't just declare it a forfeit and put the title back on Barrett. I think I'm just bored of it all now and I was really looking forward to this match, you would of seen in my prediction post that I had this down as the match that would steal the show. I'm not sure why the WWE thought of putting Barrett's match on the kick off show. Probably because they didn't want to highlight Bryan's absence even more. But I personally would of liked to have seen the action on the main show. I thought giving Neville the match however was a good call. It was an easy way to get him on the pay per view and give him another chance to put on yet another great match. The thing with these two superstars is that they are so so different. From the way they look to their in ring styles, these two are worlds apart but they are more than capable of delivering a strong match. It wasn't long at all for the crowd to get an NXT chant started and they made it clear they were behind the former NXT Champion. We did see Neville take control very early one in the match, really using he's speed advantage to just that. When things did turn around we really saw things get a lot tougher and the pace was taken down a notch or two, using the surroundings outside of the ring to work for Barrett's side. Neville throughout did a good job in selling every move down to perfection and bring so much conviction to everything both he and Barrett did. We saw a lot of covers from the former five time Intercontinental champion and throughout the time he was in control he was grounding Neville, really taking away he's momentum and energy. I was defiantly expecting to see Neville do more throughout. I was really surprised to see just how much Barrett dominated the match up. But we of course still saw a heck of a lot from Neville and he really was able to showcase what he is capable of to a high level, using crowd momentum and speed to he's advantage. He was also the one who brought the energy to the match while Barrett told the story. What I loved the most about this match was the unpredictability of it. I legit had no idea who would be walking away the winner of this one and it was that that kept me watching and entertained. In the end Neville picked up a nice huge win. Great match and a really nice way to kick things off."

Since coming up to the main roster, Adrian Neville has been on a roll. He has had great match after great match and has been a top stand out on the roster. He was actually my superstar of the month last month and I will link that blog post bellow so you can check that out if you haven't already done so. However, he hasn't picked up many wins. The WWE are going with this slow approach build up. Taking their time and pushing him slowly. He's being booked in all these strong matches but just hasn't picked up many wins on the way. But the thing is, because those matches are so strong and he has such a stand out performance it almost doesn't matter. Regardless of whether or not he walks away with the win on the night he is competing he still has everyone talking about him for all the right reasons because he is that strong in the ring and he's matches are that great.

As for Barrett, despite not being able to get one over Neville at Extreme Rules we have seen him have a great past thew weeks when he became the two thousand and fifteen King of the ring winner. I really enjoyed the whole tournament. I thought we got some really strong matches throughout and Barrett was a stand on both nights. He was one of my personal favourites to win the match and so I was really glad when he did so. Here is what I wrote about Barretts win and what I was expecting after in a RAW prediction post from earlier on in the month.
"Last week the WWE brought back the King Of The Ring and the tournament was one not to be missed. You guys would of known that I predicted Ambrose or Neville to win the whole thing but in the end neither did and instead another favourite of mine, Bad News Barrett was crowned the two thousand and fifteen King of the ring winner. Witch by the way I had no problem with. Most of the matches in the tournament were really strong and I enjoyed two in particular and both made it in my top twenty matches of the month list. But where do the WWE go from now on with Bad News Barrett? Or should I say King Barrett? Just because he is the King of the ring winner it doesn't mean the WWE will through him into any main event picture but for the simple fact that he is the king of the ring winner means that there will be a spotlight on Barrett that he hasn't had as of yet. We have seen him have some great matches over the past couple of months and he has been put centre of attention on several occasions and now, we can see things go up a notch now that he has that crown. Don't  get what I'm saying confused. Winning the King of the ring will not have the same effect on Barrett as it did superstars such as Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bret Hart. The tournament was rushed. It was only announced to be brought back at Extreme Rules and the whole thing only lasted two days. The king of the ring last all it's importance and interest a long time ago but I do think it could still be used greatly if done right. But with all done and dusted now it's time to look at how the WWE can use he's win to put him on track. What we will be seeing is an even more cocky Barrett and well let's just say he has a thew new props to play with against opponents. We will see a new King gimmick come into play much more and of course him being English makes things way more interesting and allows creative to do a bunch of entertaining things with him. Being the king of the ring will force the WWE to put him on our screens more. They wouldn't be stupid enough to waste all he'e efforts and if he carries on working matches like he has done recently he could easily begin to make he's way closer to the main event picture. Tonight, I think we could see Barrett possibly in tag team action. Maybe teaming with Sheamus (a former King of the ring winner) and taking on Neville and Ziggler. A match I'm so down for. Or something I would love even more. a strong one on one booking against someone like Orton or Reigns, the best ending to this match would of course be a DQ. Maybe Barrett takes things too far and leaves a beaten down opponent left for the Authority to finish off."

I have really high expectations and hopes for this match. These guys have had some really strong matches since Neville came up to the main roster, and I'm sure this will just be another one to add to
the list. I'm hoping they get a fair amount of time in the ring just because I really do think these guys could easily have the match of the night given the right amount of time but to be honest I think you could give these guys five minuets and they will put on a great match. When it comes down to who needs the win most I think I'm gonna have to take Barrett's side. I know that Neville is in need of a big win but he picked up the win last month at Extreme Rules on the kick off show and no matter what he will have a stand out performance of the night and will get everyone talking. Barrett on the other hand won't be able to bounce back from another loss so well. He needs something strong and he needs to keep momentum on a high after he's King of the ring win. I think they will have a strong match and possibly one of the best of the night but I have to take Barrett's side on this one but these guys are doing Britain really well right now.

So that's what I think, but what do you think? Let me know what your predictions are for this match and all the rest by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Payback Predictions: Tyson Kidd & Cesaro VS New Day

Comments

Popular Posts