NXT Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all doing well. So it's Thursday witch of course means it's time for my NXT Review and Reactions. Now I know, it's been a while since I uploaded a Smackdown Review and Reactions post. I've been so so busy over the past month that I've struggled to fit in an hour to get this post done. But I'm back today and ready to start getting back into the swing of things. I hope you guys are glad that this post is back. Before we get into things, as usual there are some little reminders and pieces of information for you. Next week is of course Payback prediction week from Monday all the way through to Saturday. Then on Sunday not only will I be live tweeting throughout the show but I will also start to upload my NXT Takeover predictions and they will be going up from that date to Tuesday, then I will be live tweeting throughout NXT Takeover. Because it is pay per view prediction week it's likely that there will be no NXT or Smackdown review and reactions posts again but I might try and see if I can squeeze them in, it depends on how busy I am. Talking of NXT, I have finally decided that the next dedication month will be NXT month. Now, I'm not sue if it is going to be in June or July but I will let you know as soon as I have sorted it out. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of last night's Smackdown by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last night's show kick started with a match with saw former NXT Women's champion, Charlotte go one on one with Emma, teasing a heel turn but to be honest we are still yet to see anything major that pushes her as a heel diva. After having a terrible run on the main roster we have seen Emma return to NXT and has been working a growing feud with Bayley, witch I can honestly see going really far. It has a lot of potential and with NXT's strong history of booking female feuds you can't help but have high expectations. It's such a shame that Emma was treated so badly when she was brought up to the main roster. I have said it several times here on my blog and on twitter that she came across as the female Zack Ryder and it's such a shame because she is hands down one of the best female competitors the WWE have right now. Another example of them wasting strong talent. Despite not having the best run on the main roster she does have a huge following down in NXT and is a popular face in the developmental territory so I'm glad to see her back there and do some more work there where her talent will be recognised much more. Anyway, back to last night and as I said, she took on former NXT women's champion, Charlotte in what was another strong match. For the past couple of months now we have seen far less of Charlotte and we have seen the WWE try and write her out more and more as she gets even closer to making her RAW debut. We all know that her main roster debut is just around the corner, it's just a matter of when a space comes up, in the mean time, so it's nice to see her be used to help push more divas in the right direction. One of those divas of course being, Emma. Their match last night was one that saw the Charlotte score the win meaning Emma picked up yet another loss. I think I can see where the WWE are going with this. Emma going on this huge loosing streak and becoming a heel in the process means there is something big they can really grow on and a storyline that could really work for her. Last night we saw Emma work as a ruthless, aggressive heel, witch was a nice change and really refreshing to see actually. After the match, Bayley came down to the ring to offer Emma a hug but ended up getting some redemption on Emma, making it clear that she had finally had enough of Emma's games. Charlotte attempted to calm Bayley down of course but overall I really liked this and I cannot wait to see where they go next with this little feud. I have high hopes.

Last night also saw another appearance from former ECW star, Rhyno when he went head to head with Bull Dempsey. I am a huge Bull Dempsey fan, I think I've mentioned that a thew times on my blog and on twitter, and I keep trying to stay positive for him but things just aren't looking great. He has that tough guy image. He's a big dude with a threatening look and he makes a really strong heel but at the moment there's nothing that's really working for him and he hasn't been able to use that full aggressive side to him as of yet. That being said, I am going to continue staying positive for him and hope for the best because I still do think this guy has so much to bring and with the right booking he could go really really far and make a huge impact in the WWE. It was really nice last night to be able to see both Rhyno and Dempsey go one on one with talent at their level and not some kind of local competitor or superstar yet to make an official debut. After the match Rhyno cut a promo and demanded to have a match against Baron Corbin at NXT Takeover. I'm gonna be honest, this put the biggest smile on my face ever. In case you are not aware, for a couple of months now, Rhyno and Corbin have been working a really entertaining feud off of TV. They have competed in several matches against one another at live shows and have cut promos on one another week after week at those live shows. We haven't seen any conflict between the two on TV and we haven't seen all that much of Corbin for a while on TV either so their feud may seem a little out of the blue for anyone who hasn't been aware of their work together but I do think this could really work. I think this is a huge example of just how high the WWE are on Baron. I've said it before, but he really is the full package and after months of building himself up as a character and as a wrestler it feels so good to finally see him in something that is really going to set he's career off in the right direction. I will obviously write more about this in my prediction post for their match at takeover, but if there is anyone who could put over Corbin and help him come across well, it's Rhyno.

The only tag team match of the night last night saw the number one contenders for Buddy Murpthy and Wesley Blake's NXT Tag team championships, Enzo Amore and Big Cas take on a tag team we haven't seen much of at all, the pairing of Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. In case you are not familiar with these two superstars, they are definitely two to watch out for in the near future. Some of you may be aware of Dawson's work. After wrestling for ten years and competing in several indy promotions he was signed by WWE in two thousand and thirteen. Dash Wilder has also been wrestling for around the same amount of time as Dawson. These two are no strangers from the ring and so it will be interesting to see what the WWE have planned for them in the future. Having them compete against one of the most popular tag teams in NXT history is a huge deal. The idea of this match was simple. Get Amore and Cas over in time for NXT Takeover. These guys still have a very long way to go when it comes to in ring ability but their charisma, personality, and popularity will get them very far in the WWE. There on their way to becoming the next NXT tag team champions and so they needed this match last night to gain some extra momentum before their big title match in two weeks time. Last night however, things did not go to plan. We heard their music play but the two had no match after we saw backstage footage of the two being taken out by Murpthy and Blake. I felt sorry for Dawson and Wilder but this was some good story development.

Up next we had a contract signings for Sasha Banks NXT Women's championship match against Becky Lynch for NXT Takeover, taking place in two weeks time on the WWE Network. This was the first divas contract signing in NXT and I'm so glad it went ahead. We hardly ever see a contract signing for a divas match, the last was of course with Stephanie McMahon and Brie Bella for last year's summer slam match between the two. It was so nice seeing one down in NXT and I think it was just yet another example of how differently the female talent is treated in NXT compared to on the main roster. There so much effort put into the every single major women's match and they are always made such a big deal out of. They are advertised as a second main event of the show and the feuds are interesting and entertaining. Not based off of stupid storyline's and made to look like a scene in a reality show. It's all about the wrestling and that is what I love. After earning her number one contender-ship defeating Bayley and former NXT Women's champion Charlotte a thew weeks back, it was time to make her championship match made official. There is already so much tension and chemistry between these two divas because of their history together so I'm really looking forward to their match at Takeover. Last night you could see in the entire segment that these two had history and this was one to watch in a couple of weeks time. The contract signing was done so so well and I could not of been happier. Unlike the AJ Lee/ Kaitlyn contract signing it wasn't accompanied by some stupid girly, love triangle storyline. This was made clear that their match was all about wrestling and the NXT Women's championship. Nothing less. William Regal was out their for the contract signing witch I loved even more. He made it feel way more official and important and hey, it's William freaking Regal out there two weeks in a row, how could you not be happy? Becky was out first and she told us all about her career story and it was really nice to hear and allowed us to understand her more and get on a more personal level with her. So I really liked this part of the show. Sasha used her stamp to sign the contract and then attacked Lynch but after Becky was able to get the upper hand a referee came out to break everything up. Loved loved loved this part of the show.

And finally, our main event witch saw long term rivals, Hideo Itami and Tyler Breeze go one on one
yet again. Usually if two superstars have had several matches against one another on several different occasions I'd be moaning more than anyone, but because every single match between these two is so so strong and so entertaining I literally have nothing to moan about. These guys always deliver to a high standard and last night was no different what so ever. Us ladies also got a very lovely treat when the commentary team was joined by a very handsome Finn Balor, in a suit. Yes, I did just say a suit. I may have died a little. The match was yet again another great one to add to the list and this time it was Hideo who got the win over Breeze. I'll be honest I've lost track of who has the most wins over the other. After the match Breeze jumped Itami but it would not take long for Finn to come down to the ring and attempt to save Hideo from the situation, however Breeze was in full control and we saw him take out both superstars including a super-kick to Balor and a beauty-shot to Itami. I'm really liking how much attention the number one contender ship opponents are getting and how much of a big deal NXT is making it out to be. I'm also so so glad we got a surprise ending.It can get boring seeing the same superstars on top at the end of the night, mainly the baby faces, and we are so used to the companies favourite, Finn Balor getting all the attention so it was a nice change to see my personal favourite, Tyler Breeze end the night the last man standing. He's a serious talent and I'm so glad the WWE are pushing him as one.

Yet again another strong night and another really good NXT show. A lot of character and storyline development as usual and so I have nothing negative to report. It was nice to see the divas get so much attention and Breeze have he's time to shine. Let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts