Payback Predictions: Naomi & Tamina VS The Bella Twins

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are doing very well! This Sunday the WWE will present the two thousand and fifteen Payback pay per view after just three weeks from Extreme Rules. The card has been set, the matches have been made official, and it's time for me to start my Payback prediction week. I know, it feels like only yesterday that my predictions ended. With it being Extreme Rules not that long ago it feels like it's prediction season forever; but I do like writing these posts at times and you guys do like reading them so I hope your not fussed at the fact there is another week and a half of predictions left. I say a week and a half because next week we have another NXT takeover live show witch means I will be uploading my NXT Takeover predictions this weekend also. But for now let's just keep our minds on Payback. If you are new to my blog then you may not know what prediction week is about. To be honest it's pretty self explanatory. From Monday to Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for every match on the Payback card. I will be talking a look at the action of the past couple of weeks, inserting what I wrote about the previous action between the two superstars at the past live show from my review and reactions post of that pay per view, then finally making my bold predictions for this Sunday's match, being spoken about in the blog post. I do this every month for every pay per view and they seem to go down pretty well. Prediction week does mean that I'm very busy with posts and so there are no Smackdown, NXT, Superstars, and Main event review and reactions and there is also no top five superstars of the week either. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the show this Sunday using the hash tag "Payback" on twitter. Because I have such a busy month this month t does mean I will not be doing a dedicated month until June just because there would be no time to upload them all. Do please however let me know what you would like to see June dedicated to before the end of this month.  I will link bellow any recent posts including my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for this Sunday's pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday at the Payback pay per view, live on the WWE Network, a returning Tamina will team up with Naomi to take on The divas champion Nikki Bella and her twin sister Brie Bella. To be honest I'm glad that we are not getting a divas championship match this Sunday.  It's always nice to shake things up a little and a tag team match seems like a smart idea. But who will be walking away the victors this weekend? Will the divas champion gain some momentum back? Will Naomi continue her dominate reign? And will we see the return of the anti diva, Paige? In today's blog post I'm going to be answering all these questions, going back to the action at Extreme Rules, talking about what has happened since Extreme Rules and then finally go into my actual full bold predictions for the match taking place this weekend. With so much to get through lets jump straight into things.

Before we start the predictions, here is what I wrote in my Extreme Rules Review and Reactions post about the last time Naomi and Nikki Bella went into the ring for the divas championship.
"Divas action next as Nikki Bella defended her divas championship against Naomi. Once again, I was actually looking really looking forward to this match. I liked the way the match came together and the build up and Nikki and Naomi have had some great matches in the past so we know they can really deliver. There was also yet again that unpredictability witch I liked. What I was hoping for was that these two would get a good amount of time in the ring, we know these girls are capable of putting on a great divas match it comes down to the amount of time they get. Last night saw Nikki Bella take control in the early stages of the match but Naomi very quickly used her surroundings to her advantage to get back on track. We also saw Naomi debut a new entrance theme witch I'm personally not a fan of. It's not terrible but it's not great either. One thing that was very certain about this match was how athletic it was. The thing with Naomi is that she brings a whole new feel to every match she competes in. She takes it up to a whole new level and performs in a way no other diva on the roster does and I really like that about her. There was also a very very viscous side to Naomi last night. More viscous to what we have already been getting from her these past thew weeks. Last night Naomi just upped her game to a whole new level and the bitch effect was in full effect. She dominated most of the match taking it to Nikki throughout. The crowd however were one hundred per cent behind the champ and she defiantly used the crowd momentum to her advantage and half way through was able to turn things around for a thew moments. Personally, I was expecting more from Nikki. At times it felt like she held back and she didn't do a great job in telling a story while Naomi was able to do it all keeping the attention all on her. In the closing moments we saw Brie kick Naomi in the face to then allow Nikki to hit the rack attack and retain the title. This was a little disappointing mainly because I really wanted to see a new champ in Naomi but I expected it to end that way."

Over the past four months or so Naomi has been on a role. The WWE have done a good job in pushing her in the right direction. She has been picking up huge wins on RAW, Smackdown, and Main event including a bunch of clean victories over the current divas champion, Nikki Bella. Her time working alongside the Usos allowed her to have more TV time and much more time in the spotlight, which she more than deserved in the first place. When she had her heel turn I was more than happy for her. She needed something new, something strong, something that would set her off n the right track. I will admit that I was a little worried at first. I felt like because we had only really seen her work as a baby face it would be strange seeing her work as a heel and I wasn't sure if she would be able to pull it off in the best way. But she has been doing a great job so far. She's very convincingly as a heel. The angle of her fed up of being pushed a side and never being given a fair chance had paid off perfectly. As a fan you feel as though she is genuinely annoyed at the WWE and the rest of the divas division for pushing her aside. Her attack on Paige at the RAW London show was very convincing also. Naomi has has this very aggressive side to her that she manages to put across very well. When you watch her attacks, especially her one on Paige, you feel as though this girl could seriously hurt someone. Another thing we have learnt over the past month is that she really strong on the mic. She does come across as a try hard. Her promos and segments don't feel overly scripted.She does't stutter or leave to much time between words. She's fluent and once again convincing. She has proved she is comfortable in her new role and has been working it perfectly. I have nothing bad to say about her at all. Her match last month at Extreme Rules wasn't actually that bad. I will admit I was expecting a little more and I was disappointed that she didn't become the Divas champion, but she did have a good showing on the night. I mentioned in my RAW prediction post a couple of weeks back that Tamina and Naomi had started teaming up on live shows and we saw them come together a couple of weeks ago on RAW when they attacked Nikki and Brie from behind. I've never been the biggest fan of Tamina. I don't think over the years we have seen enough of her to be a big fan of her's. I don't consider her to be a big talent in the division and for me she doesn't stand out for anything more than her image. I liked her pairing with AJ Lee but apart from that I don't have the biggest opinion of her. However, I do want that to change and I'm staying positive. I don't think she will become divas champion any time soon if ever. I don't think she has the all round "it" factor to be champion and with the women's talent so strong right now it pushes her back even more. But, that being said, I do think that she could play a huge role over the next several months in the divas division and bring a lot to it. I think she could really show a lot and I hope the WWE have bigger plans for her. I would like to see her play more than the "Body guard" role and actually see her do more in the ring and play a greater role.

As for the Bella twins, I've been really disappointed over the past couple of months with what we have seen. I am actually a fan of Nikki Bella. I think she has improved greatly in the ring and she is actually a good wrestler. I think people just like to hate on her because of the way she looks, because she does a reality show and all the other crazy reasons. However, her title reign has been really weak and really disappointing. I think she has held it for far too long and at the next pay per view we need to see the title change hands. Her storyline's as champion have fell flat. They have been repetitive, predicable and lacked any interest/ entertainment. We haven't seen enough of her in the ring at all. As the divas champion I would expect to see her compete much more frequently and at a higher standard. But we can't blame her, after all it's WWE creative that is booking her and making the decisions. I don't like how she has been winning her championship matches, with Brie's help. She hasn't come across as a strong champion and it's all round been a really disappointing run. As for Brie, it's the same really. We haven't seen all that much of her in the ring but I would say that we have seen more of her than Nikki over the past month.

The on going feud between Nikki and Naomi has been really up and down. I think at the start it had a lot of potential and to be honest it still does but the WWE have this pattern of always running feuds
for too long and allowing them to becoming boring and predicable. This feud is in danger of going down that path. I like that the divas championship isn't on the line just because I don't like seeing the same championship matches week after week, month after month. But I do think that Nikki needs to drop the title in the next month. I don't have high expectations of this match at all, but I'm hopeing that the girls get enough time to showcase what they are capable of. I would like to see Tamina in the ring quite a bit, her and Nikki are the power/strength of this match so I would like to see them use that in the ring. I also think we need to see a great deal of Nikki in the ring. I'm predicting Naomi as the stand out for this match. The ending could see Paige return and have the match end in DQ setting up a triple threat between her, Naomi and Nikki at the next pay per view for the divas championship. If Paige doesn't return then I'm expecting Tamina and Naomi to win. Just because Naomi lost her last pay per view match and Tamina is still in need of return momentum. Nikki should not be pinned in this match.

So that's what I think, but I want to know what YOU think. Leave a comment bellow letting me know what your predictions are for this match and all the rest on the card or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts