5 Superstars That Will Benefit From Brand Split

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. A couple of weeks back the WWE made two huge announcements. The first being that starting July Nineteenth Smackdown will air live every Tuesday for the first time in it's history. The second huge news being that the company were brining back the brand split after months of speculation they would be doing so. The big announcements have left the entire WWE universe on a high with everyone talking about Smackdown moving to live Tuesday nights and of course the brand split. I personally have had many conversation with people on Twitter talking about the news and have watched and listened to many podcast's and videos talking of the brand split in full detail and creating mock drafts. Now, the WWE have remained pretty vague when it comes to the brand extension. They haven't revealed all that much and have kept everyone guessing about what is to come. Last week I uploaded a blog post talking about five NXT Superstars that we can expect to see finally get their main roster call up during the draft/ brand split next month. That post went down so well and I had so much fun writing that I could not wait to get writing part two! I mentioned last week in that post that I would be writing two more parts following that post and today is the day you guys get part two! This time we are focusing on the guys already active on RAW and Smackdown as I list five superstars that will benefit the most from the two thousand and sixteen brand split. Again, I have had so much fun taking notes for this and writing it and I really do hope guys like it too. As usual any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know what you think of today's blog post and who you believe will benefit the most from the brand split by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Kalisto
First up in today's blog post we have the first of many NXT graduates to feature in this list, Kalisto. Over the past six months I have written many blog posts talking about former NXT superstar Kalisto. Kick starting twenty sixteen on a high becoming a two time United States Champion in a matter of months the lucha style competitor has made a huge impact recently, competing in a handful of memorable high quality matches against the likes of Adrian Neville, Ryback and Alberto Del Rio. The transition he has made from his NXT days to what we have seen of him throughout twenty sixteen has been incredible and he has proven that with correct booking he can be a true stand superstar worthy of being given a considerable amount of TV time. The WWE today is full of many different superstars possessing different styles and backgrounds and it truly is brilliant to see. One division that continues to grow is the cruiserweight division. Something that we will mention plenty of times in today's blog post but thanks to NXT the small superstars have risen to the top and the time of the six foot six  powerhouse's being the top dogs is over and now the likes of Tyler Breeze, Adrian Neville, Finn Balor, Apollo Crews, and Sami Zayn to name a thew have shown that they too are more than capable of playing top dog. Kalisto falls into that category. One thing the brand split is bound to do is push division to the next level. That includes tag teams, women, and of course cruiser-weights. There will be plenty more opportunities for these superstars listed to stand out and Kalisto if booked right can easily become one of the stand out performers. More time for him to show what he can do means that his style can be showcased much better and storyline's that show off his lucha background are presented much more than they are now. I know we got a lot from the Kalisto VS Del Rio feud earlier in the year but I would not mind seeing the WWE re-visit it considering that they take the time to tell a true story of two very talented Lucha Wrestlers.

Sasha Banks 
Sasha Banks is the one WWE Superstar that has been extremely open about the brand split and where she would rather be drafted to. Making it clear both on social media,interviews, and YouTube videos uploaded by WWE that she grew up a fan of Smackdown due to the fact that her favourites such as Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero competed on that roster. The former NXT Women's Champion has mentioned several times before that she would love to be apart of the Smackdown roster and it's caused fans including myself to be certain that that will be her home over the next year once the brand split is active. Now, we know that NXT is the perfect place for Women's Wrestling, it has been for the past three years or so. The place that allowed women to showcase their in ring capabilities and took women's wrestling to the next level was the place that allowed Sasha Banks to prove why she is one of the greatest women's wrestlers on the planet. Since her call up to the main roster we have seen Sasha stand out in several one on one and tag team matches including her brilliant performance at this years Wrestlemania women's championship match up. However, looking back at what she did in NXT what she has done over the past year since her call up hasn't touched what we saw of her while she worked in developmental. The brand spilt will certainly allow Sasha to prove her worth and show the world that she is one of the best professional wrestlers in the world today. More time for the women's division means more storyline's with more development and work. This time will allow Sasha to be the star that she is and we NXT fans know her to be. The chances of women getting to main event Smackdown and RAW increases by the second once the brand split happens and there is no doubt in my mind that Sasha will be the first women to compete in one of those main event matches.

Bubba Ray Dudley 
The career of Bubba Ray Dudley is one that I have been following for many years! I remember as a kid me and my brother always watching those iconic tag team matches that to this day I talk about with a huge smile on my face and enjoy watching the exact same way I did as a kid. Throughout his TNA career I was always very up and down but that mainly because I was never a loyal TNA fan. He did have some brilliant storyline's during his time there and again, stand out matches that I continue to talk about to this day. Now, I was just as surprised as you when the Dudley Boyz made their huge return last year. I literally marked out like crazy at a ridiculous time in the morning. It was one of my wrestling highlights of twenty fifteen and I felt just like a kid again. However, their work since returning has been all that great. A couple of entertaining segments and matches here and there hasn't been enough to live up to the expectations I and many other fans have. They have been that brilliant touch the division has needed and are the only true veterans of the division. I do think there is a thew more things they could have done and at a much better quality and it's been a shame that they haven't got as much done and to the high level we expected. Saying that these two are such a brilliant and iconic tag team that no matter what they are doing they always generate a huge Buzz wherever they go. Now, over the past couple of weeks the WWE have not revealed all that much regarding the brand split. They have teased that tag teams can split up and one of those tag teams I am pretty much certain will be drafted to separate shows is the Dudley Boyz. I do strongly believe that they will both benefit from working on different shows especially Bubba Ray if the WWE can allow  him to show different sides to his character that is identical to what we saw from him during his time in TNA. Storyline wise, Bubba really could do plenty over the next couple of years while separate from D-Von.

Tyler Breeze 
Anyone that follows me on twitter or has been reading my blog posts for a decent amount of time will know all too well that I am a huge Tyler Breeze fan and I have been right from the very start. I don't want to run over things that I have already said a million times before so I will link bellow a couple of blog posts where I have spoken about him in more detail. Over the past year since getting his main roster call up I have written many blog posts talking about the poor booking of Tyler Breeze since coming up to RAW and Smackdown. I have mentioned how mad it has made me seeing him treated so badly and how extremely disappointed I have been in the WWE when it comes to Breeze. Those of that watched Tyler compete in NXT for those years know all too well that he is easily one of the mos talented and promising young superstars the WWE currently has on it's roster and watching them waste such a gifted talent more and more as the weeks go buy is incredibly frustrating. The brand split is honestly the only hope I have left. At the moment they have actually got him working a comedic angle in a tag team with Fandango. This is a man that should be holding and chasing after championships, competing against the likes of Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, and even Seth Rollins. There have been plenty of opportunities that the WWE have let passed by and they have gotten things wrong with him right from the very start. When the brand split is active I am hopeing that the WWE finally turn things around for Breeze. Having two separate rosters will allow the WWE to focus on more talent creating more storyline's and allowing those who have faded too the background like Breeze to step up and take their rightful spotlight.

Apollo Crews 
And finally yet another NXT graduate to feature in today's blog post, Apollo Crews. Now, I know he hasn't been on the roster very long but he certainly will be one superstar to highly benefit from the brand split next month. Before I get into talking about why I have to quickly say that there is a part of me that does believe that Crews should still be working in NXT. I still don't completely see or
understand why they called him up so soon. Storyline wise there was still plenty for him to do in NXT and he did still have areas to work on like building his character and focusing on improving his
mic work/ability. Since he did get his call up his booking hasn't been great at all and he is yet another superstar to jump from NXT to the main roster and be failed by Vince and the creative team. That's right, he joins the Adrian Neville, Bo Dallas, and Tyler Breeze list. I and I'm sure most of you reading this will have followed Crews' career for many years before he even arrived in the WWE/NXT and therefore know what he is capable of. A brilliantly talented in ring superstar with a seriously diverse move set Crews is a man that the WWE should not be wasting as much as they are now. Yes, he does have areas to work on, we all know that but once you get him in the right program up against the right superstars that can push his character to the limit you get something real special with Crews. Again, the brand split will allow him to compete in some of those bigger matches and explore different opponents. I personally cannot wait to one day sit back and enjoy a twenty five minuet match up between him and Kevin Owens. Talking of Owens, a story between these two is one that writes for itself and would be easy to attract a certain fan. The chances of Crews working a feud with Sheamus however once the split happens is very likely with work between them already starting. With the experience Sheamus has he could easily be the first good opponent and feud for Crews. I do honestly believe that once the brand split is active thing will pick up for Apollo Crews, the WWE just need to take the risk and pay some extra attention to him. Trust me he is worth the time and effort.t

So that is it! They are my top five superstars I believe will benefit the most from the brand split next month. Of course I would love to know what you guys think so feel free to leave a comment bellow letting me know if you agree with the list and who you would also add or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Social Media Links:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Recent Posts:
Top 7 Money in the Bank Moments

Comments

Popular Posts