Monday Night RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and had a great weekend! Okay, so as we start another week and the build up continues to the next WWE Pay per view I'm back today with this weeks Monday night RAW Predictions! Of course there is plenty going on in the world of professional wrestling at the moment; we have the Cruiser-weight tournament on the way, the Battleground pay per view is on the horizon with four weeks left of build up left, and with the Brand extension just around the corner brining plenty of new changes to the WWE there is plenty to talk about. Now, I am planning on pre posting plenty of posts this week focusing on all the hot topics at the moment including the Cruiser-weight tournament where I will list my top five competitors. At the moment I haven't decided whether of not I will be writing prediction posts for the Battleground pay per view so let me know if you would be interested in me doing those in a couple of weeks time! Anyway, back to the present and in today's blog post we are going to be briefly touching on last weeks action and of course making our predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW focusing on the top five points! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my Money in the Bank Review. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are and what you would like to see on the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

A week of Returns 

Last week truly did see a week of returns, with both Sasha Banks and The Wyatt family making their return to Monday night RAW. During the pre show the WWE announced that Bray Wyatt would be returning later in the show and I have to admit that I didn't like being told that he would be returning on the night. I personally would have much rather had been left surprised at his return. Announcing it on the pre show did take away some of the excitement and anticipation surrounding his return, however, I of course understand why they did it. In his return segment Bray targeted the current WWE Tag Team Champions, the New Day. I have to say that I was not expecting this at all and my opinions on the decision to have these two teams has changed throughout the past seven days plenty of times. At first I really did hate the idea and not because I don't think they could make a great story but more because this is such an important feud for the Wyatt family. They need to build some serious momentum getting right back on track not to mention how badly they need a win in their return feud. Now, after watching Smackdown on Thursday night I did begin to slowly change how I felt about this feud. We really could get a fantastic story here if the WWE put the time and effort in. And seeing how this story develops over the coming weeks and months is something I personally am very excited about. On the show tonight we can expect to see this feud grow even more and for Wyatt to explain more as to why he is targeting the New Day and what he wants. We saw a change in behaviour from Woods on Smackdown during a segment with the Wyatt family and so seeing how the New Day now react on RAW tonight is sure on to check out. 

Will the WWE Address Reigns' Suspension ? 

One of the biggest pieces of news to come out of the world of professional wrestling last week was of course Roman Reigns' suspension. The WWE have not released much information regarding the suspension all we know is that he broke the wellness policy and will be out of action for around four weeks. The WWE have addressed it on twitter and the website and Roman Reigns has also made a statement on twitter regarding the suspension. Now at the moment the WWE are still promoting the Battleground main event as a triple threat as we saw on Smackdown last Thursday and if the originals plans are still going ahead than Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins have their work cut out as it will fall completely on them to build up the match. Of course these two are more than capable but having Reigns feel like he belongs in this match after a four week build up without him is going to be a tough a one. On Smackdown last week I really was left really entertained and gripped by the story Rollins and Ambrose were telling and their fantastic chemistry that really cant be touched. On the show tonight I'm going to be very interested in seeing what happens next between these two and seeing where the WWE go with Deans title reign. He is one very entertaining and loved superstar and there really is so much they can do with him as champion and I hope they really do venture out. We can expect Ambrose to be in action tonight and personally I would love to see a rematch between Seth Rollins and Sami Zayn on the show as well. 

The Boss Is Back

Finally after months of waiting the Boss, Sasha Banks made her hugely anticipated return to Monday night RAW last week when she confronted the WWE Women's Champion Charlotte. She continued to make an impact a couple of days later on Smackdown where she again targeted Charlotte and her protege Dana Brooke. Now, we all knew it was only a matter of time before Sasha made her return to RAW and chased after the Women's Championship. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that she will be the next champion and at the moment it is all about the build up as we get to finally sit back and watch as the most over women on the roster get's the championship she deserves. In the coming weeks however she does need to prove herself and build momentum. She's been out of action for quit some time and there are still plenty of people who want to see her actually earn the right to compete for the championship. She could possibly get a championship match for Battleground but I doubt that she will walk out as champion and instead the WWE will make us wait until Summer Slam in August witch I'm perfectly fine with. To be honest I would much rather see a number one contenders match between Sasha and Paige at the Battleground pay per view following what we saw on RAW last week. On the show tonight we can expect to see Sasha compete in one on one action against the likes of Dana Brooke. It makes the most sense and a match that even if we don't get tonight we sure will get in the coming weeks. 

The Countdown to the Brand Split Continues

I have to admit that I'm still not completely on board with the brand split ideas. Yes, I have one hundred and ten percent gained more interest and I have began to like the idea far more than I did when the announcement was first made but it's still going to take some time with me personally. I did however get super excited during last weeks Monday night RAW were the draft announcement was officially made. I have mentioned it already here on my blog that I use to love the draft (after all, who didn't?) and the return of it does make me very excited. It's something that in the coming weeks I'll be talking about in a little more detail here on my blog. In the up and coming weeks we can also expect to see superstars that we wouldn't usually see on our screens often building momentum and getting their time in the spotlight ahead of the brand extension. We can also expect to see Stephanie make her return tonight on RAW after missing the show last week. She is bound to have plenty to say following what we saw and heard from Shane last week.

Will John Cena find help to take out The Club?

The John Cena VS The Club story is something that I really have been enjoying over the past thew
weeks. It's your typical story and your typical John Cena feud but the names involve just makes this such a must see storyline and their encounters are something you never want to miss. However, saying that, I was not a fan of what we saw last week. I did not like seeing Karl Anderson come across almost like a jobber, being completely annihilated by Cena. We know that Anderson is a fantastic wrestler and has had a brilliant singles career/matches throughout the years so it was disappointing to see. What we did take away from the segment last week however was the fact that Cena is very clearly seriously outnumbered and if stands any chance of taking out AJ than he is going to have to find some kind of support. We have seen him team up with the New Day but with the tag team Champs facing their own issues with the Wyatt Family that's an alliance we most probably won't be seeing for a while. It will be interesting tonight to see if Cena can find any back. The likes of Enzo and Cass do spring to mind as obvious choices but following what we saw on Smackdown last week I'm one hundred and ten percent expecting to see the Usos once again team up with Cena. We have seen this alliance in the past and while I absolutely hate it it's something we are bound to see. 



Social Media Links:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Recent Blog posts:
5 Superstars that will Benefit from Brand Split
Top 7 Money in the Bank Moments

Comments

Popular Posts