WWE Monday night RAW Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Now, I know that usually Tuesday see me upload a RAW Review and Reactions post but today I thought I would introduce something a little different. As I have mentioned before, it can be very difficult for me to write and upload a RAW review every week here on my blog mainly because of the timing. I stay awake every Monday until four AM and sometimes I will write the review throughout the show, sometimes I will write it after the show and other times I will write the review the following morning when I wake. No matter how I write the post I am often left very very tired and unhappy with how the post sounds because of how tired I was while writing and how much I rushed it. So I thought that I would start something a little different by introducing RAW highlight posts. So instead of reviewing every single match, promo, and segment from the show I will take out five highlights and talk about them a little. I am planning on seeing how this goes down this week and if you guys like it than I will be doing these posts every other week so you will still get to see full length Monday night RAW Review and Reactions posts. I may also do this for pay per view depending on what you guys think. The huge news sent the internet wrestling community crazy and all week long I have been watching videos and listening to podcast that delivered mock drafts, keeping me very very entertained if I must say so. I am planning on writing up a couple of blog posts disguising the brand split including a list of five WWE Superstars that will benefit the most from the new brand split. If you have any request as to what blog posts you would like to see regarding the brand split and live Smackdown let me know down in the comments section bellow. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of this weeks show by either leaving a comment in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

It's Been a LONG time!

It's been a long time since we last saw Mr Theodore long on WWE TV but last night the former Smackdown general manger shocked the universe when his music hit and the man himself came out dancing and holding a microphone. Now, when I was younger I was always someone that enjoyed watching Smackdown more than Monday night RAW and Teddy Long way a big part of that brand for a long long time. Any and every wrestling fan has something to say about Long whether it be good or bad and we all have memories of watching him. So it's safe to say that my marking out was completely appropriate okay? Honestly, I know that six men standing on ladders for a considerable amount of time is somewhat "entertaining" but an appearance from Teddy Long was the one thing that made me act like a seven year old attending m&m world for the first time in their life! It was a well kept secret by the WWE and while he may have stumbles on his words a thew times it was great seeing him back on my TV. Now, the actual reason behind Teddy appearing on Monday night RAW last night was to again hype the brand extension and the fact that Smackdown will be going live next month. He may not have done the best job but it did get everyone thinking once again about who may be stepping up to take on the role as general manager of Smackdown, something that hasn't been announced. It made me wonder whether or not over the next thew weeks the WWE will be brining back old general mangers for both RAW and Smackdown that we have seen over the years all suggesting that they may just be the perfect person to run Smackdown starting July. I really do LOVE this idea and hopefully it is something that we get to see over the next month. It would be  great way to add some excitement and anticipation to the changes coming over the summer.

Is Jack Swagger finding his way back into the US Championship Picture?

Over the past couple of weeks we have seen Titus O'Neil make his mark when it comes to the US Championship picture. Picking up victories across RAW, Smackdown, Main event and Superstars he has picked up a great deal of momentum while also taking the time to confront current champion Rusev. During last nights show O'Neil sat at ringside and watched as Rusev and Jack Swagger went toe to toe for the 700th time. Recently we have seen Swagger make his way back up the roster. He has competed in a couple of matches here and there that you can find on Main event and superstars and last week on Smackdown he did face Rusev (again). You guys will probably already know, because I have mentioned it a million times before, that I am a big Jack Swagger fan. I have mentioned him in several underrated and underutilised blog posts and I have spoken so so highly of him over the years. He is a superstar that has had stand out moments here and there but unfortunately the WWE keep making the wrong decisions and making errors with their timing over and over again. I have also mentioned in the past that taking him down to NXT may just be the best move for him and I do still strongly believe that. However, last night he did have a decent showing. The match was short but the after it ended via count out we got to see Swagger and Titus work together to leave Rusev trailing back backstage. This may have just been one baby face helping out the much more over one but Swagger's involvement over the past week could mean that we could be getting a triple threat between these three superstars in two weeks time at Money in the bank? 


AJ Styles Tells it How it Is

It may not have quit been a pipe bomb but AJ Styles sure did bring that mic and deliver a thew home truths to the fifteen time world champion, John Cena. Last week we got to see John Cena make his much anticipated return to the WWE after several months out of action. He cut his usual expected promo before being interrupted by AJ Styles. Initially showing his respect for John it looked as though the two superstars would be siding with one another. That was until in a shock twist Styles attacked John out nowhere allying himself back with Anderson and Gallows and of course effectively brining back The Club to Monday night RAW.  Following the beating that he took at the hands of the Club John in the week proposed a dream match match up between him and AJ to take place at Money in the bank in a couple of weeks time, during the show last night these two superstars once again came head to head as they both responded to one another's actions. Again it was Styles who took the spotlight cutting the best promo he has delivered since arriving in the WWE. For anyone that doubted and had only negative comments to make about Styles and his mic ability last night he proved himself and really upped his game. Spitting out a thew home truths Styles went over the similar comments superstars such as Kevin Owens and CM Punk have mentioned in the past including how much John insults him every time he competes. But it was a certain comment that sparked huge attention. Mentioning how guys like John bury guys like him sure did grab my attention. It made the feud that much more personal and got the smarks on board even more. This certainly did make me even more excited about this feud and the match up between them. 

A darker side to Big Cass? 

While Enzo was away out of action recovering from a concussion we got to see his tag team partner Colin Cassady take the spotlight and make a huge impression proving that if he ever had to he would be perfectly fine competing in a singles career. He proved to be dominate, strong, and very very powerful not to mention his clear amount of potential. During the show last night he alongside Enzo competed in tag team action when they took on long time rivals, The Vaudevillians. I thought this was brilliant booking. We haven't seen these two teams collide since Extreme Rules were Enzo was injured and so it tied in perfectly. These two teams know each other extremely well from their NXT days and their chemistry was as clear as anything last night. They told a good story throughout the entirety of their match and it was one of my favourite mini matches of the night and all round segments. Now, the match did end in DQ at the hands of Big Cass, something I never saw coming. After English decided to attempted to re act the action that took out Enzo back at Extreme Rules and the action meant that Cass could only see red. You literally could feel his anger and frustration bursting through the TV and it was brilliant. Going straight on the attack Cass single handedly took out both Aiden English and Simon Gotch. It was a much darker side to Cass a side that we have never ever seen from him. Even Enzo was shocked at what he was seeing fro him tag team partner. This could mean multiple things. We could be getting a much darker side to Cass altogether, he could become much more protective of Enzo or I hate to say it but this could be the start of the split of one of the best tag teams in the WWE today. 

The Club Continue to make an impact

This weeks main event was done to perfection. As announced on the pre show the tag team champions the New Day were set to compete in a six person tag team match against the club
following what we saw last week on both RAW and Smackdown. Anderson and Gallows have made it perfectly clear that they are coming after the WWE Tag Team Championship and last week on Smackdown AJ Styles took on Kofi Kingston in singles action so the whole thing came together perfectly last night on RAW. Earlier on in the night we saw these superstars collide when the New Day came to the aid of John Cena. Before the match started the Club made an impact once again by taking out the New Day before the bell had even rang. Completely demolishing every single member of the new day, Anderson, Gallows and Styles all made sure that all eyes were on them as they continued to make and impact showcasing that ruthless side to their personality. The match itself should have been longer but I enjoyed every moment of it and the closing moments to the night were again done perfectly and it got me super excited for both Cena VS Styles and that huge fatal four way tag team match both taking place in two weeks time at the Money in the bank pay per view. 

So they are my Monday night RAW Highlights for this weeks show! I know I did say that I would be brining back full length reviews this week but I woke up super unwell this morning so I thought it would be easier to write another highlights post instead! I hope you don't mind! I will try and bring back normal review and reaction posts next week! As always you can let me know what you thought of lasts nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts