WWE Monday Night RAW Predictions

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and good and that you had a great weekend! So we have once again reached the start of a brand new week and as Money in the bank and the brand extension edge closer every show is slowly becoming more and more important. Las week the WWE presented several huge talking points from developments in the money in the bank pay per view and NXT Takeover the End. They also dropped a couple more hints regarding the brand split. Now, over the past fourteen days or so I have been talking a lot about the up and coming brand split both here on my blog and over on twitter including my firs of a three part series witch spoke about five NXT Superstars likely to get their main roster debut and drafted to either RAW or Smackdown. That post will of course be linked bellow so you can check that out if you have not already done so. Part two and three will be uploaded over the next couple of weeks. On to today's post and of course we are focusing on Monday night RAW as we make our predictions for this weeks show. As usual I will be recapping the highlights from last weeks show as well as making predictions for what could be in store for us all tonight. Before we get into the post today I have a couple of update and reminders for you starting with NXT Takeover. The live special will be taking plaice this Wednesday and as usual I will be live tweeting throughout the show including the kick of show. There will be no predictions for the matches on the card but I will be writing a review witch will be uploaded the following day. As far as Money in the Bank goes at the moment I'm not certain on whether or not I will be writing prediction posts but I will be writing a review as per usual. Any recent blog posts including last weeks RAW and NXT Review will be linked bellow. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show and for NXT Takeover: the End by laving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last week finally saw John Cena make his much anticipated return to the WWE after taking some time out to recover from an injury. In true John Cena style he came down to the ring and delivered the ever so predicable speech where he would talk about how much things have changed since his absence. Talking of the new era Cena promised that any and every one of these new superstars who claimed to be the best would have to run threw him first. His words of course sparked attention of the phenomenal one AJ Styles and after the crowd showed their respect for both superstars for a good three minuets or so the silence between the two was broken and Styles showed even more respect for John welcoming the fifteen time world champion back. But this is Monday night RAW and a huge return, there was no chance in hell this was going to run smoothly and the appearance of Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows would change things up a little. However, in a shock littler twist it was Styles who out of nowhere attacked Cena and effectively reunited the club in the best and most effective way. I mentioned in my highlights post last week that I wasn't expecting that nor saw it coming at all and the timing and how it was done was just perfect, I couldn't fault it. A part of me was questioning whether or not it was too soon for this feud but the buzz around it has been perfect and it felt so right. For once the WWE aren't making us wait forever for a feud we have wanted to see for a long time. Now, during the week it was announced that Cena has proposed a dream match between the two to take place at Money in the bank and while we have seen a reaction video from Styles already we can definitely expect to see him along with the club respond to the Johns proposal live on the show tonight most probably in a similar promo he cut in the video uploaded during the week. It will be interesting seeing whether or not either of these superstars compete tonight. Anderson and Gallows will certainly continue to make an impact in the tag division as they make their way to becoming number one contenders but as for Styles and Cena they are both going to want to fit in a win ahead of Money in the bank however booking them at the moment may appear more difficult at the moment. Personally, a part of me is expecting to see Cena team up with Reigns to take on Styles and Rollins in tag team action at some point over the next week or so.

Talking of Seth  Rollins and Roman Reigns can we all agree that so far the WWE really have been slacking with this feud. The return was perfect. I was marking out like a crazy person at almost four AM and I went to bed very very happy but apart from that there has been no fire in this feud. I understand that this is a story that speaks for itself but at the moment the WWE aren't giving me a reason to be excited for this match or anticipate it. That really does need change this week. We are yet to see the two superstars collide physically with Reigns getting any offence and while the mind games from Rollins showed him to be in the drivers seat I need to see more in order to get excited for this money in the bank main event between these two superstars. I would love to see both these superstars in action tonight on RAW. Rollins is yet to compete in a televised match since returning and the wait it literally killing me and as for Reigns as champion he needs to keep momentum up and on a high and the if the WWE want us to believe he is worth being in the number one spot of the power rankings than he is going to have to actually do something.

One thing I have been very interested in recently has been the growing feud between Titus O'Neil and Rusev. Now, of course there are things that I don't like about this. If we look back a little over a year ago when Rusev was the US Champion for the first time his feuds consisted of the American hero coming to take the US Championship and silence Rusev and a year later we are literally getting the exact same thing. Now, I love both these superstars but I want to see a story here and a reason why they are batting heads. These are two very talented superstars who both brining something different and exciting so I am interested in seeing where the feud goes and how it develops; and of course it's brilliant seeing Titus O'Neil finally get some king of push we all know how much he deserves it after waiting so so long for his moment. Of course we can expect a one on one championship match between the two announced for the money in the bank pay per view in a couple of weeks time. On the show tonight Titus is going to have to make an impact and gain more momentum. A simple one on one match tonight to prove himself would be great we all know how dominate Titus is in the ring and the more of an impact he makes over the next couple of weeks the better. I would love to see Rusev also look to get one up over Titus. A beat down out of nowhere after a singles victory would work perfectly for me. If the WWE do really focus on this this could be something really cool and worth watching.

I don't know how many times I have to sit here and complain about the women's division. Trust me I hate myself for doing it just as much as you hate reading it but what even is going on right now? Becky Lynch is once again teaming up to take out Charlotte and then they return Sasha on Main event the following night at a taping....That literally makes no sense and if the WWE make me sit through another championship match between Becky Lynch and Charlotte I may just jump out of the window. They have a great deal of women in the locker room and so why we are getting what we are getting witch is the same women out on TV every week I have no idea. In an dream world I would love to see Sasha Banks on the show tonight but then again who wouldn't? Fans can not making it any clearer when it comes to how much they want Sasha Banks back on TV and the wait it painful. I do still hate the fact she returned on main event and not live on RAW last week but I would love to see her in action tonight gaining momentum ahead of hopefully her push to winning the championship at SummerSlam. As for Charlotte, she is still in need of an opponent for Money in the bank in a couple of weeks time. How they are booking the women's division for the pay per view I have no idea but hopefully they do have something really great in store.

And finally, the money in the bank ladder match. Now, a couple of weeks ago the WWE start the build up perfectly. They practically dedicated and entire RAW to the ladder match with qualifying matches taking place throughout the night and the right superstars being booked for the pay per view. And then last week they completely drop that. They pretend as thought the seventh participant never
even existed and the whole things falls flat. At the moment its tag team matches left right and centre and it comes across to me as though the WWE literally want me to grow bored of the whole thing. Of course, I've been a wrestling a fan for a long time and I know by now how the men competing in the money in the bank ladder match are booked ahead of the pay per view but there is literally no part of me what so ever that wants to see another tag team match. In fact if one is booked tonight between these men I will literally go to bed. Instead I would love to see some singles competition. I mentioned it in last weeks RAW Predictions (witch will be linked bellow) that I wanted to see Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose go one on one. Following what we had seen between them on Smackdown the week before it just made sense and I'm still mad at how much the WWE missed out on a big opportunity to put on a great match between them last week on RAW. Now, at the moment Cesaro and Sami Zayn are the ones I have been watching the most. Their momentum is sky high at the moment but Ambrose and Owens remain favourites. How they are all booked tonight is going to be very interesting but it's time for some heels to take the spotlight and gain some momentum.

Okay, so they are my predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW. As always you can let me know what you would like to see on the show tonight by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the show later today.

WWE NXT Review and Reactions
5 NXT Superstars likely to take part in 2016 Draft
WWE RAW Highlights

Comments

Popular Posts