Five Superstars We Want to See Return at Royal Rumble 2017

If you have been following me for long enough you will most certainly know that the Royal Rumble is without a doubt one of my favourite WWE pay per views. It's usually one of the most unpredictable shows of the year and with almost guaranteed returns, debuts and genuine shockers it's one of the shows I always make sure not to miss out on every single year. Now, I will admit that I have been pretty disappointed with recent Rumble winners. The likes of Batista and Roman Reigns haven't gone down well and with Triple H and Reigns going on to main event last years Wrestlemania we are all keeping our fingers crossed that this year's Rumble goes down a lot-lot better! This weekend the Royal Rumble pay per view will take place and all week long I plan on uploading posts regarding this pay per view to get you all excited and ready for what is sure to be an exciting night. As usual, we are all expecting a couple of surprises here and there over the weekend and in today's blog post we are going to be taking a look at five WWE Superstars we want to see make a return this weekend at the Royal Rumble pay per view! This is a post that I always look forward to writing and I always enjoy hearing what other fans think and who they want to see make a return to action. Now, I do have British Wrestling season going here on my blog and that will continue this week so prepare for many posts coming your way it for sure is going to be a long week! I will also be uploading full prediction posts for both NXT Takeover and Royal Rumble which will be uploaded at the very end of the week. A review for both shows will be uploaded with a full Takeover Highlights post being uploaded on the Sunday and a Royal Rumble Highlights post on the Monday! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including all posts from British Wrestling seasons so you can stay all up to date! Finally, you can let me know who YOU would like to see make a return this weekend at the Royal Rumble pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

This Post was Pre posted at the start of the Month


Shelton Benjamin 
The first superstar I'm going to be talking about today will come as no surprise to anyone that has been following me for long enough as we kick start this blog post off with a nice chit chat about the one and only, Shelton Benjamin. One of the fan favourites as an entrant for this year's Royal Rumble match, Shelton Benjamin is a man the entire wrestling community has been talking about since the summer for last year following the announcement that he would be making a return to the WWE to join the Smackdown LIVE roster. The former United States Champion was originally set to make his return only weeks after the brand split however due to a torn rotator cuff he's return was left taking a massive set back upsetting many fans including myself. If you follow me on twitter you will know that I was super super excited to hear that Benjamin would be making a return to the WWE, he's always been a personal favourite of mine and over the years I have written several posts talking about him and why he is such a big favourite of mine. In an interview with Jim Ross several months back Shelton noted that he had been wrestling with an injury for a couple of months and thanks to further evaluation he learned that other minor tears needed attention. As the build-up to the Royal Rumble approaches fans across the world have been discussing whether or not Benjamin could be making a surprise appearance at the Royal Rumble pay per view and trust me when I say god I hope so! Nothing will make me happier than seeing Shelton Benjamin back inside a WWE ring and ready to get woking for the Smackdown LIVE roster. He's an addition the blue brand seriously could do with and his arrival on the night would be a huge highlight of the show and will for sure go down well with the WWE universe!

Jeff Hardy
The second entry in today's blog post is definitely more of a personal dream of mine but I just had to include Jeff Hardy in this blog post today. I know I say it all the time but every single year I and my brother sit and watch the Royal Rumble pay per view together and every single year we sit and hope that Jeff Hardy will be a surprise entrant in the Rumble match. Growing up we were both huge huge fans of the Hary boys. We would both dress up and pretend to be Matt and Jeff like complete lunatics but would have the time of our lives! As we've grown up we have both remained strong fans of these two and like I said, every year we hope to see both men make a return at the Royal Rumble pay per view. I personally have always been a bigger Jeff fan (we both have, to be honest) and I do feel as though he is the one of the two more likely to make a return this weekend. I know I know I know, it's a long shot but I'm going to try and stay positive and believe that my dream can come true (I promise I'm not tipsy while I write this). Over the years Jeff has maintained a loyal following who have all expressed the fact that they would love to see him come back to the WWE and do some work there. With names such as Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, and Dean Ambrose all favourites when it comes down to who fans would like to see Hardy clash with how could you not want to see him make a return this weekend at the Royal Rumble pay per view. He has in more recent interviews said that he would like to come back to the WWE and do some work with the Undertaker (something I will not allow myself to get too excited about).

Finn Balor 
Probably the most popular pick as a Rumble return this year, Finn Balo just had to be included in this blog post today! I along with every other wrestling fan has been sitting waiting patiently for the return of former NXT Champion, Finn Balor. Injured back in the summer of last year Balor was forced to hand of his WWE Universal Championship only twenty-four hours after capturing it due to a shoulder injury that took place during this match up against Seth Rollins. The announcement was hard to take in with the timing being extremely unfortunate. Balor was called up during the brand split as the fifth draft pick heading straight to Monday night RAW. On his debut night, Balor would make a huge impact after becoming the first name announced to be competing at the Summer Slam pay per view int he hopes to become the first ever WWE Universal Champion. His opponent would later be announced to be Seth Rollins and while the pair would go on to compete in a fantastic matchup that saw Balor take the victory the champ was forced to take several months out of action. Almost seven months later and everyone is sitting back waiting to see when Balor will making his return to the WWE and with the Royal Rumble pay per view taking place this weekend the rumours have not been any hotter. Everyone I have been talking to has been telling me how much they want to see Finn make his return this weekend and I have to say that I really am one of those people that desperately wants to see Balor back on my TV screen. In recent months Balor has been keeping himself in conversation making an appearance for an ICW show as well as being apart of the WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament. Balor, of course, being the master troll that he is has ben teasing us all for months about his return and has been keeping us all updated in regards to his injury and his recovery and journey back to action and the teasing has been driving us all crazy! While Finn's injury sure was a serious one and we all knew from da one that his return would be a tough one to make in time for the Royal Rumble superstars such as Edge and John Cena have surprised as all making their return to action at the Royal Rumble pay per view, could Finn Balor be another name to add to that list?


Kurt Angle 
I know I know I know, you are all getting bored of hearing me talk about how badly I want to see that Rusev/Kurt Angle feud the world has been asking for for the past two years or so but trust me when I say fifty years could pass by and I will still be sitting here saying how badly I wanted to see that feud. An all time fave in Kurt Angle and a personal current favourite in Rusev is making me very happy thinking of these two one day feuding for the WWE United States Championship and while the moment feels like it has passed by already I will not be letting go of hope. However, in today's blog post we are not counting down five feuds Victoria will beg the WWE to create but instead counting down five WWE Superstars we want to see return at the Royal Rumble pay per view and Kurt Angle happens to be one of the most talked about names when it comes to this topic and has been for quite some time now. Angle hasn't been seen on WWE programming since all the way back in two thousand and six but since then he has been wrestling all around the world for some of the biggest companies there is including his fantastic run in TNA. However, wrestling fans have wanted to see Angle make a return to the WWE for many many years and eleven years later that ha snot changed at all and as the two thousand and seventeen Royal Rumble pay per view approaches, Kurt Angle once again becomes a huge talking point. There have been rumours of Angle making a return to the WWE to do some work for quite some time now and with the likes of Shelton Benjamin also set to make a return and many fans wanting to see Angle work alongside American Alpha there is plenty waiting for Angle particularly over on Smackdown LIVE. While it's unlikely Angle will be able to work a full-time role for the WWE he return at the Royal Rumble would be huge and set up for a promising and fantastic twenty seventeen.  

Matt Hardy
And finally, we have yet another obvious choice that I could not miss out in this blog post today. Of course, I'm talking about Matt Hardy, the man that has managed to completely re-invent himself over the past year. Now before we go into detail as to why I would love to see Matt Hardy return to the WWE during the Royal Rumble pay per view I have to say something that I'm not sure how will go down but... I haven't really ever been a fan of Broken Matt Hardy. I know that the whole thing is a
strong love or hate kind of thing but because I have always dipped in and out of TNA I haven't really loved this gimmick at all. Ever. I don't really get it, I'm not entertained by it, it just-just doesn't really do it for me personally. However, saying that I know that so many people love the Broken Matt Hardy gimmick and I will a least say that it has been growing on me more so over the past few months. I do feel as though this character has gone as far as it can in some ways but I would love to see him bring some of this gimmick to the WWE and try out some new stuff there. He is without a doubt one of the most exciting, over, and talked about men in the world of professional wrestling right now and an appearance this weekend at the Royal Rumble pay per view would be a huge huge deal! Can you imagine the reaction he would get from the live crowd this weekend? The reaction online? He is another man that has been teased about having a return to the WWE and while you can never really trust online rumours I'm going to be a sad, hopeful fan and keep everything crossed that Matt Hardy will be one of many names to surprise us all and show up this Sunday!


Like I said in the intro, the Royal Rumble pay per view is one of my favourite shows of the year. I'm always excited to see what's going to happen and who's going to make an appearance as the build up to Wrestlemania kick starts. As always you can let me know who YOU would like to see make a return this weekend by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria

Comments

Popular Posts