Three British Wrestling Promotions You Should be Watching

British wrestling really has been taking the world by storm over the past twelve months or so. We have seen so many talents from the UK making an impact from the likes of Nixon Newell, Tyler Bate, Joe Coffey and so so many others. But these stars would not be where they are without the amazing promotions here in the United Kingdom. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a closer look at some of the best promotions here on the British scene as I count down three British Wrestling promotions you should be watching today! At the end of the post, I will be mentioning a couple of special promotions and shows you can tune into also and a few little updates. When I was writing my notes for British wrestling season this was one of the posts I was really really passionate about writing. At first, I wasn't completely sure whether or no it was a good idea or if it would go down well with you guys but after taking some more notes and giving it more thought I really really did want to give it a go and write and upload this for you guys as part of this season here on my blog. In the end, I did have so much writing this post and I cannot wait to see what you guys think! Throughout British Wrestling season you would have heard of me talking about all these promotions and so I thought it was fitting for this to be the final post in the season! I have had so much fun over the past month and I certainly have been inspired to talk even more about British Wrestling. If you would like to see more content on British Wrestling then do let me know down in the comments section bellow or drop me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. Finally, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow as per usual!

NGW ( New Generation Wrestling)
First up and kick starting this special blog post is a promotion that I will admit  won't be for everyone but sure is one you should all check out at least one, NGW. When I first got back into British Wrestling this was one of the first promotions that I came across. Having a look through YouTube I came across New Generation Wrestling and after watching one episode I knew this was going to be something I would want to return to. I'll be honest and say that at first, I wasn't completely sure what to think. It was clear that the audience was far younger than I was used to seeing but the fantastic wrestling is what made me keep coming back to NGW week after week. This is easily the most acceptable British Wrestling show that I will be talking about in today's blog post. It's very easy to come across and there is no subscription fee to pay in order to watch their shows. Now, what I will say about this promotion is that it is aimed at a very young audience. When you take a look at the two other companies I will be talking about today New Generation Wrestling is targeted more at families. Their shows are very child-friendly with no swearing, blood, or over the top characters and matches. If you're looking for an extreme, hardcore professional wrestling show full of crazy storyline's and dramatic characters this is not the show for you. However, if you're maybe slightly younger, just getting into wrestling, looking for something for the family to enjoy or simply want to watch some fantastic wrestling than this is the show for you. It's a great little company to take a look at if you're just getting into British wrestling and want to know more about the history of British wrestling and some of the names to compete here in the United Kingdom then definitely take a look at New Generation Wrestling.

ICW (Insane Championship Wrestling)
Up next we have my personal favourite British Wrestling promotion, Insane Championship Wrestling. I wasn't sure whether or not to include the Scottish brand but with it being so hot right now and such a huge favourite of mine I just had to include it. After all, this post would not be complete without it, let's be honest. It's been a few years now since I got back into watching British Wrestling and the main reason I can sit here now and say I love it is because of ICW. Insane Championship Wrestling is everything I love about this business and everything I want to see on a wrestling show. For me personally it just has it all and from the moment I first tuned in I was hooked completely and have been ever since. Since I started my blog I have spoken about ICW a heck of a lot, talking of its talent'/characters amazing storylines, and fantastic shows and matches it has produced. Whenever talking to my wrestling friends I will always recommend they give ICW a watch and almost every single time I have written a post about the British Wrestling scene I have mentioned ICW and its talent. The past four months have been a brilliant little insight into just how much I do love this company! Now, ICW is the complete opposite of the promotion we just spoke about. While New Generation Wrestling is aimed at a younger/family audience ICW has a strict over eighteens target audience. It's the hardcore brand that gives you ECW feels better than anything. If you're the type of fan that not only wants to tune into brilliant wrestling but also wants to be completely entertained by captivating, crazy characters and hardcore matches that will have you on the edge of your seat than ICW is the show for you. The home of some of the most popular talents on the British Wrestling scene such as Mikey Whiplash, Jack Jester, Kay Lee Ray, Joe Coffey and Grado it has also produced stars such as Finn Balor, Drew Galloway, Noam Dar, Big Damo, Tommy End and Nikki Storm/Cross. Over the years ICW has had some of the best hardcore legends the wrestling world has seen make appearances from Rhyno, Sabu, and current WWE RAW general Manager, Mick Foley. In recent years ICW has managed to become one of the most popular wrestling companies in the world thanks to its growing popularity. The BBC have done two Documentaries on the promotion and recently ICW had one of its biggest shows that really did allow it show just how big it is. I personally am a huge  Insane Championship Wrestling fan and I just know that you guys reading this will be too! Trust me when I say ICW is worth your time, money and attention!

WCPW (What Culture Pro Wrestling)
And finally, we have the promotion you are all probably most aware of, WCPW. I'm guessing that most of your reading this are fans of What Culture and over the past few months have been loyal viewers of What Culture Pro Wrestling and so you know exactly why I just had to include them in today's blog post. Just like everyone else I really have been enjoying the work that WCPW has been delivering. They are without a doubt the fastest growing promotion I have ever seen. In such a short amount of space, you have seen the massive growth this company has had, from the size of its crowd to the announce team, to the talent stepping foot in the ring. If you look at the first few shows we saw from WCPW and then take a look at what we are seeing now its crazy to think that this is the same promotion. With fantastically written storyline's and brilliant shows week in and week out fans are coming back every week for more. Every single man and women on the roster feel important and are used and booked strongly. Talking of booking, the booking decisions make perfect sense and in such a short amount of time, they have been able to create a strong roster where you genuinely do have an interest in everyone on the roster. Of course, they still have a long way to go and there is plenty more to come from WCPW but they really are at the top of their game right now simply killing it. Not only do we have some of the best names on the British Wrestling scene competing as part of the roster such as Joseph Conners, Joe Coffey, Nixon Newell, Joe Hendry and Martin Kirby. As well some of the most popular names in wrestling today including Drew Galloway, Moose, Cody Rhodes, and Alberto El Patron to name a few. We have seen some of the best names in the industry make their way to WCPW including JR and Jim Cornette. As the company continues to grow we can only expect bigger and better things from WCPW in twenty seventeen as they look to host their first show in the US in Florida later this year. The roster continues to grow and I honestly cannot wait to see just how far this company are going to go in two thousand and seventeen and I have to say that this is the promotion I'm most excited about this year.

For anyone wondering where Progress is in this blog post I want to quickly mention that I plan on doing a huge post talking about Progress Wrestling because it is one of my favourite promotions so make sure to keep an eye out for that in the coming weeks also. 

And there we go, that is the end of my British Wrestling season! I had so much fun this month with this little series. It's something I really wanted to do and I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it. I have now been inspired to provide you with a lot more British Wrestling content and I plan on really shaking things up for you here on my blog this year! As always you can let me know what YOU thought of this post and the entire series by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVicoria. Now, let's look ahead to February and a brand new series.... women's wrestling month!

Recent Blog Posts:
WWE 2017 Royal Rumble Highlights

Comments

Popular Posts