Last Week in Wrestling 9/1 - 14/1

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Last week I uploaded my first ever "Last week in Wrestling" post and it actually went down really really well. You guys liked it and I had a lot of fun writing it and taking the notes for the post, so I've decided to make this a permanent fixture here on my blog. Now, most of the time this post will be uploaded every Monday however, if there is a planned Review and Reactions post this will be uploaded on a Sunday instead and sometimes, taking Royal Rumble weekend, for example, I will feature two weeks in one post because of having to review NXT Takeover as well. This week we. of course have the WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament and so I have decided to upload this weeks "Last Week in Wrestling" post today. I will be uploaded my full review of the tournament tomorrow and I will not be talking about the results from last night's show in this post. Next week I will be uploading an extra post in my British Wrestling Season simply because this up and coming Friday I'm likely to upload a Royal Rumble post that I have spoken about already. Talking of seasons, I'm now taking notes for my Smackdown LIVE season which will kick start hopefully in March if things go to plan. If you have any post you would like to see in the season do let me know down in the comments section bellow. As always any recent blog post will be linked at the very end including everything from British Wrestling season and all of this week's Reviews and Highlights posts. Finally, you can let m know what YOU thought of this weeks wrestling content by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

WWE NEWS

I'm going to kick start this week'ss "Last Week in Wrestling" post with some WWE news and of course we have to talk about the Undertaker. The deadman made an appearance on this week's episode of Monday night RAW something that really did divide opinion. While his promo was the standout of the night and one of the best moments of the week many people including myself were not too happy to see him show up on the red brand only months after he declared Smackdown LIVE his home. It was something that didn't sit too well with me but once he cut his promo it all did tie together well and you can see why the move was made. Claiming that no one really tells him what to do and he takes orders from nobody it made us all believe that he really could be doing anything this Wrestlemania and allowed him to look at both the WWE World Championship and the WWE Universal Champion. Superstars on both Monday night RAW and Smackdown LIVE have been put on notice and it will be interesting seeing what direction they do actually go in for him this year. now, one of the biggest rumours to come out of this week in wrestling does revolve around the Undertaker as it has been noted that the original Wrestlemania plans for the deadman have been changed. Apparently, we were expected to see John Cena challenge Taker at Wrestlemania for the WWE World Championship, a match that I actually really really wanted to be booked for the show this year. However, the plans ar rumoured to have been changed and Taker is now set to challenge a superstar from the RAW roster hence the reason he appeared on the show this week. Personally, I actually really really want to see John Cena VS The Undertaker at this year's Wrestlemania pay per view and I hope that these are just rumours but with the shot of Strowman watching Takers promo this past week on RAW I think we can predict where the WWE are going with this.

This week we also saw a new United States Champion crowned in Chris Jericho when he pinned Roman Reigns in a two on one handicap match along with current WWE Universal Champion Chris Jericho. The Candian duo took on the big dog in this week's RAW main event and the rules were simple, the man to pin Reigns would go down as the new United States Champion. I mentioned in this week's RAW Highlights post (which will be linked bellow) that I didn't actually enjoy this match simply because we have seen these superstars (along with Rollins) face off so many times since November of last year that it's almost impossible to have any interest in what they do. I was however over the moon to see Jericho take home that US Championship. It's the one major title in the WWE he hasn't held and he really is a worthy winner. He's been killing it for almost a year now providing us with some of the most entertaining content in the WWE and I cannot wait to see what they have planned for him and his title run.

We move on to announcements now and during this week's episode of Smackdown we learnt that Alexa Bliss will defend her Smackdown LIVE Women's Championship against Becky Lynch inside a steel cage match next week on the show. This will be the first Smackdown LIVE women's Steel cage match. Honestly, I cannot wait for this match. I mentioned it in this week's Highlights post but I do think that this could be one of the standout matches from the women's division this year and the potential spots are massive here. I really do have high hopes for this one. We also got more news in regards to the Royal Rumble pay per view. First up, Neville announced on this week's episode of 205 Live that he will be challenging Rich Swann for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Again, I do believe this could be a fantastic match if they are given the time which hopefully they are. The division really does need a big standout match like this and these two have the potential to put on one of the best matches of the year. This week also saw the Undertaker along with Dean Ambrose, the Miz, Bruan Strowman and Seth Rollins announce that they will be entering this year's Royal Rumble match joining Baron Corbin, Chis Jericho, Goldberg, and Brock Lesnar making this one of the most stacked and unpredictable Rumbles in at least five or six years. It's going to be interesting seeing how this year's Rumble plans out and I can genuinely say that I'm really excited for this match and the overall pay per view.

OTHER NEWS

Keeping with the WWE now and this week two more matches were added to the NXT Takeover card they being an NXT Tag Team Championship match between current champs DIY and challengers the Authors of Pain. While I may not be the biggest fan of the Authors of Pain I do believe that DIY are good enough to really put on a good match and bring out the best in these guys. We also learnt that Asuka will defend her NXT Women's Championship in a fatal four-way match against Billie Kay, Peyton Royce and Nikki Cross in a slightly more unpredictable match and yet another I really do have high expectations for. I honestly think this could be another standout match in the women's division this year. 

You guys know how much I love Lucha Underground! I've mentioned it so many times before and have promised that I will be writing much more content on and about the promotion. This week was the mid-season finale and what a show it was! They once again put on a gripping show that I loved and made me just want more. Unfortunately, we are going to have quite a wait as the show is set to return in the Summer of this year. I will for sure be writing much more content on Lucha Underground in the build up to the return and once the show is back on our screens. TNA have also had a rebranding something I will be talking about in more detail over the next couple of weeks. Finally, this weekend is the huge WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament, something I am super super excited about. Personally, I will be backing Trent Seven and Tyler Bate for reasons I have explained in a recent blog post which will be linked bellow. I do believe that Pete Dunn is more likely to take the win but I will always be backing Bate and Seven, I just can't choose between the two. This is a pre-posted blog post and so I'm hoping that we get to see Seven VS Bate at some point this weekend. 

And that is this week's edition of "Last week in Wrestling". I again had too much fun writing this post and I hope you guys liked it too. As always you can have your say and let me know what you thought of this weeks wrestling content by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria

Recent Blog Posts:
My Top Picks for WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament
Five British Wrestlers You Should Know in 2017
Five Current British Wrestlers You Should Know
WWE NXT Review and Reactions
WWE Smackdown LIVE Highlights
WWE Monday Night RAW Highlights

Social Media Links:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts