My Top Picks for WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament

Last month the WWE made the huge announcement that throughout January they will be hosting a brand new tournament here in the UK to determine the first WWE United Kingdom Champion. The announcement was made back in December where Triple H attended a press conference in London England alongside NXT general manager William Regal and WWE Superstar Finn Balor. Introducing what is a stunning championship Hunter took to the stage to announce that sixteen of the best competitors from the UK and Ireland will be taking part in this two-day tournament held in Blackpool.  The tournament will be held on the fourteenth and the fifteenth of January where come the Sunday the first ever WWE United Kingdom Champion will be crowned. In a video uploaded to WWE's YouTube Channel Triple H honoured promotions  such as Progress and ICW for what they have brought the table in British Wrestling and would discuss the fact that this tournament would be one in many to be a part of widening the audience of the WWE Network and this title will be the start of a future launching of a WWE weekly show held here in the United Kingdom just like we have seen done with both NXT and the Cruiserweights. The announcement is a huge huge deal. This month I'm hosting British Wrestling season here on my blog and I have already mentioned in previous posts that British Wrestling really had come a long long way over the past few years in particular. Its popularity has grown massively and the talent has only gotten better and better. This tournament is such a big deal for wrestling here in the UK and Ireland. A platform like this is exactly what will send British Wrestling through the roof and as I have already said, I predict twenty seventeen to be massive for Wrestling in the UK. In today's blog post as part of British Wrestling season here on my blog, I'm going to be listing my top five competitors in this WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament. Now, I do plan on doing a full review of the entire tournament which will be uploaded on the Monday following the tournament so keep an eye out for that as part of British Westling Season. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you think of this tournament and who YOU personally will be backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria  

Joseph Conners
If you have been reading my blog for long enough you will know that I haven't spoken about British Wrestling as much as I would have liked to but when I have done Joseph Conners is a man that I have mentioned pretty much all the time and over the course of British Wrestling season here on my blog this much Conners is a name that has popped up a few times. In the past, I have tweeted and mentioned here on my blog that Joseph Conners is one of my current favourite British Wrestlers. A fantastic character and a brilliant in-ring performer Conners is a man with everything you want to see in a professional wrestler. He's a very current, entertaining, charismatic talent that really does know how to cater to all audiences and that's something you really are about to see. From looking online he is a very very popular choice amongst the fans. As one of the more popular names competing in this tournament, Joseph Conners looks to be one of the favourites for the win and with his amazing wrestling ability he has to be one for us all to be keeping a very close eye on. Conners is for sure one of the men that will be bringing a touch of entertainment factor, he knows exactly how to work a crowd and he will most certainly be grabbing the attention of fans all around the world.  I'm confident that regardless of the outcome of this tournament Conners will be one of the men to come out of this a huge star! His popularity is sure to grow massively over the course of the weekend this tournament takes place and I'm sure that big big things will be waiting for Conners throughout twenty seventeen. He is one of my personal favourite British wrestlers and I am so so proud and happy to see him as part of this historic tournament. I do believe he is a favourite to win and I am for sure expecting to not only see a fantastic all-round performance from him in the ring but to see him go really far in this two day tournament. If you're reading this and you don't know all too much about Joseph Conners prepared to be in for a real treat and over the course of the next month I will most certainly be talking about him in much more detail.

Tyler Bate
There is no man I have spoken more about throughout British Wrestling season here on my blog than young Tyler Bate. As one of the most promising, talented and charismatic men on the British Wrestling scene right now Tyler Bate is a very very exciting name in the world of pro wrestling. At only nineteen he enters this tournament as the youngest competitor but he is far from being at a disadvantage. He may not have the most experience but his in-ring capability is insane and his ability to completely captivate an audience is extremely impressive for a man his age. As I have mentioned recently I haven't been watching Bate compete for very long but from the moment I did first watch him I was completely captivated and interested in his work and ever since I have literally been obsessed with all things Tyler Bate. From his singles work across the UK scene to his fantastic tag team work with Trent Seven, I have not stopped talking about and watching the one and only Tyle Bate. Now, I do not doubt for a single second that Bate will be one of the men to watch and a huge fan favourite. While he may not be the most popular his following is very loyal and strong and he already is growing in popularity here in the UK. Audiences across the world are bound to be hooked on Bate and I'm confident that he will very quickly win over international fans thanks to his brilliant in-ring skills and captivating character. He has a very British feel that will shine through brightly throughout this tournament and his exciting move set and charisma will for sure get everyone talking. Now, as far as winning the United Kingdom Championship I do believe that Tyler has a strong chance of doing so. He's already been spoken about highly by NXT general manager William Regal and with his fanbase, skill and determination to make a name for himself so young there's no reason why he can't walk out the victor come Sunday.

Wolfgang 
Up next we have a slightly older competitor taking part in this promising United Kingdom Championship tournament, a personal favourite of mine, ICW star, Wolfgang. Again, over the years I have briefly spoken about Wolfgang over on my social media accounts and some of you will know by now that he really is another favourite British Wrestler of mine. You guys know that I'm a huge huge ICW fan. I've written many posts on its stars and the company itself and tweets of mine in the past have shown my love and support. Wolfgang really is an ICW original, he's been a part of the company pretty much since day one and has been a huge part in the growth of the promotion over the years. He is without a doubt one of the biggest and badest men on the roster and over the years has been highlighted as one of its top stars in fact as I write this he remains the top guy of ICW as the current ICW World Heavyweight Champion. He has had a fantastic year competing on the British scene continuing to prove himself and stand out after cashing in his two thousand and sixteen Square Go contract. He is without a doubt one of the most noticeable men on the ICW roster and his involvement in the WWE United Kingdom tournament is a big deal. He was one of the names I was personally most excited about hearing was going to be participant and I'm honestly so excited to see what he brings to the table over the weekend. He is sure to be one of the men that truly does stand out. With a large frame at first glance many are sure to underestimate just what he is capable of and many who may not be aware of Wolfgang will be surprised to see that his agility is insane with him having the ability to move around that ring like a cruiserweight. His experience and unexpected skill and ability makes him one tough opponent and a big favourite for the win. Wolfgang is a fantastic representation of what British Wrestling is and I'm so so glad he is a part of this. I for sure will be rooting for the ICW star as he is set to be one of the standouts of this tournament.

Pete Dunne
I will admit it, I have only very recently become a fan of Pete Dunne but I just had to include him in this list today. I've been a wrestling fan for a very long time and I have been following Pete Dunne for quite some time now, however, I've just never really jumped on the bandwagon and been a huge fan of his work. Recently I have been paying, even more, attention to Dunne and while I have always been able to appreciate the fact that he is a brilliant in-ring talent it has taken some time for me to really become a big fan. Throughout the past three or four months or so Pete Dunne is a man that I have been obsessed with. Rewatching old and new matches and taking a closer look at his work I really have wanted to see even more of him and seeing that he is a part of this tournament has made me so so happy. He is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best wrestlers here on the British scene and despite being young he has a great deal of experience travelling all around the world and that really does show in the ring.  Now, he does fit the requirements of a cruiserweight however as he has already touched on he isn't a man that you see doing traditional Cruiserweight in ring work and the now known "Bruiserweighht" Pete Dunne is able to fit in everything he has learned over the years from working in places like Japan and the United States. He is yet another captivating and interesting character with brilliant in-ring skills that will for sure win over the fans across the world. He is another name much more well known than many others in this tournament and he is without a doubt a big fan favourite for the overall win. I do believe that Dunne has a huge chance of making his way to NXT in the near future along with Tyler Bate and his performance this weekend will be a huge indication of that.

Trent Seven
And finally, we have Trent Seven. Oh come on, you knew I was going to have to feature this one in today's blog post! Throughout British Wrestling season here on my blog and over the past year I have not stopped talking about Trent Seven and I'm honestly so excited that he is apart of this WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament. Now, before we go on I have to admit hat Trent Seven is the man I will be completly backing this weekend. He is without a doubt my favourite for the win! I actually was talking to a couple of friends about this tournament on the day it was announced and I straight away told them that Seven was going to be my pick and I still one hundred and ten percent stick by that. He is one of the most popular, entertaining and talented men here on the British Wrestling scene and I could not be happier that he is a part of this tournament. Already highlighted by NXT general manager William Regal as one of the most charismatic men on the scene right now he is an exciting name to be a part of this. In recent years Trent has grown massively in popularity working for some of the best promotions here in the UK including ICW, Progress and WCPW. He's competed in some fantastic matches against the likes of Mikey Whiplash and is currently working alongside Tyle Bate in one of my personal favourite tag teams in the wrestling world today. Now, from looking around I have realised that Trent Seven is one of the fan favourites heading into this tournament this weekend. Everyone is talking about Seven and the expectations are very high. He is bound to deliver some fantastic matches and I honestly do believe he could go all the way and capture that title becoming the first ever WWE United Kingdom Champion. He has so much to bring to the table as one of the most exciting wrestlers at the moment. He is without a doubt one of the best talents here in the UK and more than deserves to be a part of this historic tournament. I cannot wait to see what Trent has to offer and I'm even more excited about the world getting to know even more about this fantastic talent.

I don't know about you guys but I'm really really excited about this tournament! I was over the moon when I heard the announcement and I cannot wait to see who will be crowned the first WWE United Kingdom Champion. I do believe Danny Burch and Mark Andrews will also be big standouts this weekend. I will be live tweeting throughout the entire weekend so make sure you get following me over at @TezangiVictoria. Finally, you can let me know who you're backing, who you're excited to see compete and who you want to walk away the victor and with that title this weekend by leaving a comment bellow!

Recent Blog Posts:
WWE NXT Review and Reactions
WWE Smackdown LIVE Highlights
WWE Monday Night RAW Highlights
Last Week in Wrestling
Five British Wrestlers to Watch in 2017
Five Current British Wrestlers You should Know

Comments

Popular Posts