Last Week in Wrestling

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and had an amazing weekend. So it's the start of a brand new week but before we get focusing on the next few days ahead it's time to recap the past seven days in the world of pro wrestling. I was planning on writing a "This week in wrestling" last week but as you know I got really really sick and it didn't end up going up. I am however, feeling a lot better than I did this time seven days and even though I'm not a hundred percent I'm on the way up! The past week has seen a fair bit go down in the crazy world that is professional wrestling and if you haven't seen my previous posts like this before all you have to know is that its just a little post that sees me run through the highlights of the past week and the biggest new headlines and updates all focused of course around pro wrestling. In the week ahead I have some really fun new blog posts that I'm super excited to get out there! I have a couple of reviews and articles based on the Mae Young Classic. I've already uploaded part one which went up on Friday but I have a few more coming up that I'm excited to get out. If you have any blog posts that you would like to see do let me know and I will get onto writing those up! I will of course be live tweeting throughout all the main shows this week including Monday night RAW and Smackdown LIVE and I also want to try my best to live tweet throughout this weeks NXT and make that a more regular thing. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow including last weeks RAW review. Finally, you can have your say and let me know what you thought about everything that went down in the world of pro wrestling by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.


Mae Young Classic

It was this time last week that the WWE aired the first four episodes of the Mae Young Classic. A tournament that sees thirty two of the best female wrestlers from around the world compete to make history and become the first winner of its kind. I've already mentioned that I was really unwell when the episodes were brought out and I only got through the first two episodes on Monday. The following day however I took the time out to sit up and watch all four episodes on that day and I have to say that I really enjoyed what I saw. I'll admit that there was a part of me that wanted more and expected the matches to be stronger but I totally understand why certain matches last as short as they did and I'm fully expecting the round two matches to be a lot lot stronger. If you want to check out what I believed were the best matches of the four episodes you can click the link bellow at the end of today's post which send straight over to Friday's blog post were I listed the top five matches of round one. I also have a couple more posts coming up this week focused around the Mae Young Classic so make sure to keep an eye out for those. If you haven't watched the four episodes yet then one hundred percent advise you to go and do so. We got a couple of strong matches partially the final match of the first round and we really got a feel of the competition and a great introduction to some amazing talent from around. Jazzy is most certainly one of the names I have not stopped talking about and I'm sure those of you who have watched the show know why and those who are about to watch will understand why I've hyped her up so much here on my blog and over on twitter the moment you set your eyes on her! Bellow I have listed the results of the first round of the Mae Young Classic, skip over that part to avoid spoilers if you wish. 

Princesa Sugehit def Kay Lee Ray              Rhea Ripley def Miranda Salinas

Serena Deeb def Vennesa Borne                 Mia Yim Def Sarah Logan

Shayna Baszler def Zeda                            Toni Storm def Ayesha Raymond

Abbey Laith def Jazzy Gabert                    Dakota Kai def Kavita Devi

Mercedes Martinez def Xia Li                    Bianca Belair def Sage Beckett

Rachel Evers def Marti Belle                     Piper Niven def Santana Garrett

Candice LeRae def Renee Michelle          Lacey Evans def Taynara Conti

Nicole Savoy def Reina Gonzalez             Kairi Sane def Tessa Blanchard 


Other WWE News


We first have to take a look at Ric Flair. The two time WWE hall of famer has been featuring in a lot of websites and tweets after the news broke that he was seriously ill. However, We got the update this week from Charlotte and others that Flair is on his way back to a healthy state back in recovery. It's amazing to hear that he is doing better, the news that he had gotten so ill in the first place was hard to take and very worrying. We're all still wishing Ric Flair a healthy recovery.

Also this week Roman Reigns has apparently shut down any rumors that he would be apart of the Shield reunion saying that he would feel/come across like the third wheel. In my personal opinion I would of course love to see a full Shield reunion in the future, I've always been the biggest Shield fan it would be awesome to see them reunite even if it was a one for a big pay per view. However, I can see the WWE going down the road of turning Ambrose heel and right now I am really enjoying what we are seeing from Ambrose and Rollins during their tag team championship run. Talking of Monday night RAW, this past Monday saw Alexa Bliss defeat Sasha Banks in the main event to become a two time RAW women's champion once again making history. You can check out what I thought of that match and the end result in this weeks RAW review which will be linked bellow at the end of today's post. Here I have inserted a little section of that post:

 "This a pretty damn big championship match and we know these two have the potential to so easily deliver a fantastic match. In the end they were announced as the main event and on a night where we had a segment between John Cena and Roman Reigns and an appearance from Brock Lesnar I was very happy an proud to see the women take center stage. It gave me a reason to want to stay up and it made the show feel as though it had a much nicer flow to it. The match it self was solid and in my personal opinion was their best match against one another to date. The two have amazing chemistry and Sasha really does bring out the best in Bliss who continues to show improvement in the ring. Alexa ha a clean performance showing so much character as always and I really did enjoy her wrestling. It's amazing seeing how far she has come in the past year and a half. The match flowed really nicely, I loved the story being told and the fact that I genuinely didn't know how it was going to come to an end left me on the edge of my seat completely hooked. A good, different main event that really showed once again why women should take that spot of the show more often. As far as Bliss wining goes honestly I have mixed opinions. On the one hand it sets up an awesome feud I have been waiting for for quite some time which I will talk about in more detail a little later on however, on the other hand I can't help but feel angry and upset for Sasha Banks. For years now Sasha has proved to be the face of the women's divison in the WWE. Constantly delivering amazing performance in top quality matches she has faced off against some of the best names in the divison and not only come up on top but provided fans with amazing match we can totally enjoy. She is a fanatic all round competitor with the look, the in ring skill, the character and the popularity but for some reason the WWE have not given her the title reign she deserves. This was her fourth and once again she lost her rematch title defense. I love Bliss as champion but I really did want to see Sasha finally have the reign she deserves and I am super disappointed."

There have also been rumors that Batista could be a headline in the WWE hall of famer twenty eighteen and Nikki Bella has commented on returning in 2018 with sister Brie Bella to the ring.

News Outside the WWE

Sexy Star is a wrestler I have spent a lot of time talking about both here on my blog and over on social media. I've mentioned several times before that she is one of my favourite wrestlers and I've been a fan of her work for a while. Now, my opinions have not changed, Sexy Star remains one of my favourite in ring performers and I don't think anyone can take away the fact she is an amazing in ring performer and done a lot to change the perception of women's wrestling. However, she has once again hit the wrestling news and again not for the best of reasons. She's previously been mentioned by other wrestlers and spoken quite negatively of because of a number of different reasons however she recently competed in a fatal four way championship match where she legitimacy injured Rosemary. She's been called out for her unprofessional-ism and this hasn't helped her at all and she's received rightfully so a lot of backlash.  
Next week will also see a big championship match in Impact wrestling between Eddie Edwards and Eli Drake. In all honesty I haven't watched Impact in a very very long time but I am planning on trying my best to get back into the promotion and try and find some interest! Kushida also won the WCPW Pro Wrestling World Cup after finally defeating Will Ospreay in the finals. Again, I have some catching up to do here because I was away and then ill when this took place but I've heard good things and I'm excited to check it out!

In the Week to Come

In the week to come we have a lot to look forward to. The fallout to Nia Jax's action this past week on RAW should be interesting and we kick start the feud between her and Bliss which should be an interesting story there. We also have The Miz defending his Intercontinental championship against Jeff Hardy after Hardy won a battle royal this past week also on RAW. I will be talking about this championship match in more detail throughout the week, I'm hoping this will headline the show, it just feels right regardless of what the end result is. The big Show is also set to challenge Braun Strowman in a steel cage match on this weeks episode of Monday night RAW which I'm honestly actually looking forward to...

And that is it for this weeks "Last week in wrestling", As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow including last weeks RAW review. Finally, you can have your say and let me know what you thought about everything that went down in the world of pro wrestling by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts