Last Week in Wrestling

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and having a really nice start to the week. So the next seven days the world of pro wrestling has a lot going on! We have an interesting episode of Monday night RAW, Vince McMahon's Smackdown LIVE appearance, the Mae Young Classic finale, and the one hundredth episode of Lucha Underground. With so much going on I'm really excited to see what the next week holds and I cannot wait to get writing and enjoying everything we have coming up. However, before all that we need to take a look back at the previous seven days. Last Monday I uploaded a "Last week in wrestling" post and seemed to go down really well and I know for sure enjoyed writing it and so today I have the exact same post for you as we take a look back at the past seven days in wrestling. As I mentioned last week this post is super simple, it's where we go back and take a look at some of those standout moments, matches, segments, promos, announcements and new stories from the past week all in the crazy crazy world of professional wrestling. I am looking to make these posts a more regular thing here as I have also mentioned in the past but with pay per view weekends that may just be a little different. Over the next week I have plenty of posts coming up but with my mum in hospital later this week to have serious surgery there may be little delays and so forth. I will be live tweeting throughout RAW, Smackdown LIVE, and the Mae Young Classic finale and reviewing all three of those shows this week also. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you enjoyed from last weeks shows across the board and what you're looking forward to this week by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. 


WWE NEWS from this Week

Mae Young Classic

We kick start things off this week by taking a look once again at the Mae Young Classic. The past few days I have been uploading so much content around the tournament and with the finals coming up this week you can expect a lot more coming your way over the next couple of weeks. Last Monday the WWE aired the second set of episodes which saw round two, the quarter finals and the semi finals all of which proved to be a heck of a lot stronger than the first four shows we got. The matches were longer, more entertaining, we saw a great deal more when it came to story telling and character development and I think we can all agree these four latest episodes kept us far more entertained than the first set which was of course to be expected. I have already uploading a blog post where I listed some of the best matches of round two which will be linked bellow and I also uploaded a bigger post talking about some of the things the most recent episodes of the Mae Young classic taught us which I had a lot of fun writing. Some of the standouts from those shows include Piper Niven, Toni Storm, Kairi Sane, Shayna Baszler, and Abbey Laith to name a few. The finals which will be airing live on Wednesday will see Shayna Baszler and Kairi Sane battle it out to become the winner of the tournament and I have to say I'm really looking forward to the show. I'm a huge fan of both these women but you guys know how obsessed I am with Baszler and so for me she is my pick for the win. I've always felt as though Kairi would get the win and I feel as though I would be more surprised and satisfied if Shayna got it instead. There are rumors that the growing feud between the two sets of four horsewomen is set to continue on during the show on Wednesday which of course I'm super excited to see and throughout the next two weeks I have a few posts coming up that will focus on the Mae Young Classic including a full review of the how on Thursday and a list counting down seven of the competitors I believe the WWE must sign after the tournament. I think the final match is going to be an interesting. These two women are very very different and bring completely different things to the table. I believe Kairi will be carrying the match when it comes to wrestling and Shayna really does have a lot to prove in the ring and she really needs to impress everyone more with her in ring work but its her intensity and character that really is going to make this match so strong. One hundred and ten percent worth the watch!

No Mercy Card Update

In a couple of weeks time the two thousand and seventeen No Mercy pay per view will take place and this time round it is the guys and girls of Monday night RAW who will be taking center stage. The card so far is actually looking really really strong and honestly I'm more excited for this show than I was SummerSlam when it comes to the matches on the card. We have so much to look forward to including the WWE Universal Championship match between current champ Brock Lesnar and challenger Braun Strowman, we also have Roman Reigns VS John Cena in a huge Money match I honestly cannot wait for, the tag team championship bout between Ambrose and Rollins and Sheamus and Cesaro and after two matches this week we found out that Enzo Amore will challenge Neville for the Cruiserweight championship and Alexa Bliss will defend her RAW women's championship in a fatal four way against Emma, Nia Jax and Sasha Banks after Emma and Jax defeated Bliss and Banks in a tag team match this week. Last weeks episode of Monday night RAW also saw the Miz successfully defend his IC championship against Jeff Hardy in what should have been the main event. Talking of the main event however, Braun Strowman and the Big show once again took part in a match I surprisingly enjoyed which ended in Strowman yet again making a huge impact and gaining even more momentum heading into his massive title match at No mercy. Next Friday I will be uploading a prediction post for the pay per view as usual.

Vince McMahon set to make Smackdown LIVE appearance

 The next Smackdown LIVE pay per view really is quite some time away at around four to five weeks and with such a big gap the WWE are clearly trying to keep fans interested in and entertained by Smackdown LIVE. This past week we got treated to a solid episodes that saw Shane McMahon kayfabe suspended as the commissioner of the brand and Shinsuke Nakamura crowned the number one contender to Jinder Mahal's WWE championship after defeating Randy Orton in the main event. The show also saw several huge announcements made for the up and coming show taking place in Sin City Las Vegas. The show will see three championship matches including a street fight between the Usos and The New Day for the Smackdown LIVE tag team championships which I'm actually really looking forward to. These two teams are forever killing it in the ring and leading the divison, we have already seen so many strong matches go down between them and I have high hopes for this one and expecting to see the Usos retain. Talking of tag teams I am very soon going to be uploading a post listing my current favourite tag teams so keep an eye out for that. The show this week will also see AJ Styles defend his US Championship against Tye Dillinger again in a match I have high hopes for. Tye hasn't made the impact he needs to since he arrived on the main roster, he's been booked pretty poorly and lost all the momentum he had when he was drafted to the main roster earlier in the year. It honestly has come down to finding the right moment and opportunity for him and recently he has found just that in the US title picture. Finally he is being given a fair title match and I really hope this is the time were we get to see him really deliver in the ring and show the bigger audience on the main roster just how talented he is in the ring and prove he is more than a gimmick. I'm not expecting to see the title change hands but I really am hoping Dillinger gets to make an impact. The final championship match comes from the women's divison as Naomi gets her rematch against Natalya for the Smackdown LIVE women's championship. With Carmella still holding her to Money in the bank briefcase if you wanna have any hopes on a title change its likely to come from the women's divison but again I have my doubts. It was also announced this past week on Smackdown LIVE following the actions of commissioner Shane McMahon that his father Vince McMahon will be making an appearance on the show this week making Smackdown already feeling like a big deal this week. I'm expecting Vince to announce a hell in a cell match between Shane and Kevin Owens after what we saw this past week and again this is something I'll be talking about in more detail later this week. Honestly, I'm really looking forward to Smackdown LIVE this week. The blue brand really needed a big show like this to pick them back up and keep things strong and the build up to a pay per view that is over a month away.

Outside the WWE 

This week Lucha Underground will celebrate its one hundredth episode which promises to be a fun must see show. The night will include big matches such as El Dragon Azteca vs Pentagon DARK for the final Aztec medallion, we have an epic must see four on four tag team match, and the main event will see Rey Mystero go one on one against Matanza. I've mentioned in the past that I'm a huge fan of Lucha Underground and even though I've missed a lot of episodes of the past few months I have tried my best to try and catch up recently. I don't read as many articles or see as many talk about Lucha Underground as much as I would see say this time last week but every time I do tune in I really enjoy what I see and this week I loved the show and we have stacked must see episode coming up!

Over in GFW, co owner Jeff Jarrett has announced that he is taking an indefinite leave for personal reasons and there have been rumors of Anthem wanting to pull out despite them adverting and up and coming event.   Keeping on the topic of GFW, they have announced that they will be launching what is basically there version of the WWE network. The Global Wrestling Network will allows fans around the world to watch videos from the GFW and Impact Wrestling library. Personally, its something I have mixed opinion on  but I'm sure it'll be something I check out in the future.


And that is the end of today's blog post! I mentioned last week that my mum is going in for serious surgery this week and so I may not be uploading as often  and I'm likely not to be as active on social media, I do however have posts planned and i'm going to try my best to upload as often as I can and live tweet as much as I can including throughout the finals of the Mae Young Classic. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you enjoyed from last weeks shows across the board and what you're looking forward to this week by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent blog posts:
5 Things the Latest Episodes of Mae Young Classic taught us
Best Round 2 Mae Young Classic Matches
Other Names that Could have Replaced JBL at Smackdown LIVE Announce table
Mae Young Classic Competitors Eliminated Too Soon

Comments

Popular Posts