WWE No Mercy Best Bits 2017

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and of course had an amazing weekend. I took the past thew days spending time with family and totally relaxing... okay so that isn't one hundred and ten percent  true; when I got home yesterday I killed my body re decorating my room and finishing things off there, but I'm back today with a brand new blog post and boy do we have a lot to get through today. So last night was the two thousand and seventeen No Mercy pay per view this time presented by the male and female superstars of Monday night RAW. With every championship on the line and must see one on one match between John Cena and Roman Reigns that had a serious Wrestlemania feel it was an interesting, entertaining night and one no wrestling fan would have wanted to miss out on. In today's blog post instead of running you through the entire pay per view I'm going to be taking a look at some of the best and worse bits of the show telling you what I personally thought and discussing some of those huge talking points following the pay per view. I will be doing the exact same for the next pay per view, Hell in a Cell, which of course will be taken over by the men and women of Smackdown LIVE. We have a lot to get through and touch on today so I don't want to waste too much time but before we get started just a few updates. This week there will be no Last Week in Wrestling and instead I will be covering both last week and this week in next Monday's post. I will be live tweeting throughout RAW and Smackdown LIVE this week with a double review going up on both shows on Wednesday. Towards the end of the week I'll be taking a look at NXT this month and a special post on Asuka will be uploaded! For now, you can check out any recent blog posts including my reviews from last week by clicking the links bellow and finally you can let me know what you thought of No Mercy by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Whats Next for Jason Jordan?

Last nights pay per view kick started with the Intercontinental championship taking center stage as the Miz defend his title against up an comer Jason Jordan. If you read my prediction post last Friday you will know that I had mixed feelings about this whole situation. The Miz is a brilliant champion, in fact one of the best in history while Jason Jordan has all the potential in the world. I was confident the match was gonna be a pretty decent one but I was certain that as far as the end result was concerned the Miz had to retain. The crowd reactions on the night really did speak volumes and when you took a look over on social media the reaction was pretty similar. The Miz was crazy over. The crowd in LA  were hot for Miz. Everyone was up on their feet and throughout the match the crowd remained firmly behind the champ. Jordan however once again  really struggled to get a good reaction. In the past we've seen him struggle to get any reaction and while the crowd were far more quiet for him than they were the rest of the superstars on the card last night he got a real negative reaction with the arena full of boo's, something he really doesn't want to be getting. The match itself impressed me. It was far far stronger than I was expecting and I found myself totally hooked, invested, and entertained throughout. Both men had a strong showing with the Miz as always bringing bags of character while Jordan again showed his phenomenal athleticism and power and as I tweeted out last night, he may get the boos but the fact of the matter is he impresses in that ring week in and week out. Throughout the past month he has competed in a handful of strong strong matches where he has proved himself to be a serious talent  and last nights opening bout was another to add to the list however, it doesn't change the fact that last night just wasn't his time. The Miz is hot right now, there's plenty going for him and so so so much the WWE can do with Miz as champion and I'm really excited for all that is to come for him. As far as Jason Jordan goes, he just needs to keep doing what he's doing. As of right now he does not need a title around his waste and beating the Miz would have done him no good last night. Allow him to keep working strong matches, proving himself and winning over the fans. He needs to work on building more character and charisma but as I've touched on before I really do feel as though he will really shine and come into his element when he goes heel, something I'm going to be talking about in far more detail very very soon...

Tag Team Wrestling at it's Finest

If you know me you know I love me some good tag team wrestling. The past couple of years teams such as American Alpha, DIY, Authors of Pain, The Young Bucks, and of course the Revival to name just a few have reminded me just why I love tag team wrestling so much bringing back to life to completely! I have however made several comments about what we have seen up on the main roster in the WWE. Sure we've had good matches here and there and the likes of the Usos and the New Day have been killing it here and there in top quality matches but last night the tag team division over on the RAW brand went out and nailed it, delivering what was one of my favourite tag team matches of the year so far. Warning, I'm about to make this match sound like best thing since sliced bread! With Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose putting their RAW tag team titles on the line against the former champions Sheamus and Cesaro aka the Bar. Again, as I mentioned in my prediction post last Friday this was a match I was looking forward to. We've seen some damn good stuff go down between these two teams in the past and I was one hundred and ten percent expecting their match last night to be even stronger with expectations even higher and they went out there and raised the bar. I cannot put into words just how much I enjoyed this match. I was a little sleepy when the bell rang but these guys honestly brought me back to life and within the first five minuets I was wide awake, on the edge of my seat and loving every bit of action. What was so evident so early on was how well these teams worked together. With the Bar dominating those first five to ten minuets it was clear just how well Sheamus and Cesaro could work together. Their chemistry was brilliant and seeing just how dominant they were really showed us all how far they have come as a team, while Ambrose and Rollins as always had a brilliant performance. The match was a brutal one full of stiff, hard shots that had me genuinely wondering if Ambrose and Cesaro in particular were okay. We had Sheamus dominating, Cesaro losing teeth, Ambrose looking half dead and Rollins showing off his crazy athleticism. There was something for everyone here and  mid way through I was watching this and thinking it really was making its way up their with those matches we saw between DIY and the Revival. Sure the wrestling was up to that level but what we got was fantastic entertainment, gripping action and wrestling I totally enjoyed and was impressed by. My Personal favourite match of the night and with the close calls and the atmosphere in the arena the match really did set the bar for the night and gave the divison what it really needed over on RAW.

Women's Fatal Five Way changes the Game

Picking my favourite match of the night was not easy. There were so many standouts throughout the night and the pay per view as a whole was on another level and one of the highlights without a shadow of a doubt was the women's fatal five way. I've been complaining for far too long about the lack of strong matches we've seen from the women's divison up on the main roster recently and particularly moaned about how poorly used the women have been over on Monday night RAW but boy did the WWE shut me and everyone else up last night. When I was writing my prediction post and I moved onto talking about this match again I had mixed opinions. I wasn't happy with the fact Bayley was involved in this match and I would have liked to have seen Emma gain more momentum in the build up so it felt as though she really earned a spot in the match. I touched on the fact that I felt the match could be good if the women were given enough time but I didn't allow myself to get my hoped up too much. What I did like was how unpredictable the finish was. I genuinely wasn't sure who was going to get the win and that didn't change as the match progressed. Now, the action between these five women was incredible to the point where there didn't really feel as though any of these women really lost. Every single superstar had a strong showing, there were some fantastic spots, the chemistry between certain superstars was brilliant and I can honestly say I enjoyed every single second. The match left me full of energy, I was on the edge of my seat, totally hooked and loving it all. For me, Nia was one of the main standouts not only of the match but of the night. She shut up every single doubter and proved not only is she is worthy of place in that match but a worthy champion and while she didn't walk out with the title this time in the future, I really want to see this queen with a championship on her shoulder because boy she damn well deserves it. Her strength, intensity, speed and character was on show and props to her for being such a key figure in this match. As for Emma, Bayley, and Sasha they all had a great performance also. Each having close calls and a solid crowd reaction the match felt complete with them in it and it brilliant seeing Emma in particular given a moment to shine. Do I think the right women won? You know what? Yeah. I would have loved to have seen Nia get the win and she was the women I was backing but Bliss is the shit right now. She worked this match like champion and I'm very excited to see her collision with Asuka in the near future. A brilliant night for women's wrestling.

Roman Reigns proves the WWE is his Yard

I made it clear on social media and in Friday's No Mercy prediction post, the match I was looking forward to the most was without shadow of a doubt, John Cena vs Roman Reigns. I know I sound like a broken record but while I'm not the biggest fan of either superstar there is no denying they are two of the biggest and controversial superstars in WWE history and their rivalry is money. It helps that the build up to their match was bloody brilliant. Every promo and segment had be even more excite for their up and coming collision and that real, personal feel that ran throughout the build up to the pay per view made this even better and meant this was everything it needed to be. When it came down to the match itself was expecting something really strong. While neither have ever been labeled the best wrestler in the world they have both throughout their careers been apart of some epic matches we have all loved and when you put them in the ring together I was confident we were going to get something match of the year level. When they finally went toe to toe and the bell rang last night I was surprised to see just how slow paced it was for quite some time. Roman spend the first part rather dominant and in control. He was confident and as always fed off the crowd reaction despite it also as always not being very positive. Even when the tables turned the pace of the match remained pretty slow and I struggled to get into the action as much as I thought I would however, it didn't take long for that to change. I was hooked. The close calls were amazing and had be genuinely on the edge of my seat and totally emotionally invested as it became very clear this was one of Reigns best performances. Not only was the action in the ring good but the chemistry was strong and the story behind the match was brilliant. I was completely emotionally invested and it was the one match I wasn't really looking online to see the reactions because I was so focused on my TV. Now, I know the majority of the live crowd were behind Cena last night (I was team Roman for once) but lets not hide the fact that last night Reigns proved a huge point. He was able to keep up with a huge veteran in John Cena and kept fighting. Kicking out of everything Cena had to offer we were all surprised at just how strong the fight and determination was in Roman and I found myself literally clapping at the TV. The match was very very strong, one of the best of the night and the end result was a thousand percent the right move. Roman getting the win was the right booking decision and it was a real special moment with Cena after, a passing of the torch vibe. I would love to see these two collide again in the future but for now I'm gonna appreciate the fact I was able to see such a great match up.

Underwhelming Results leave Bitter feeling

To round things up in today's blog post I want to quickly touch on two matches I wasn't happy with. I enjoyed the pay per view massively as I will touch on soon but there were just two matches I was watching and the end result left me pretty frustrated. The first will come as no surprise, the cruiserweight championship match. I already wasn't looking forward to this match because Enzo was involved. I will admit that Enzo is good for the cruiserweight divison, we need those strong characters in the division and he is just there however, do I want to see him competing for the title? Absolutely not. The thing with Enzo is he has a great entrance and thats it. Every time he speaks on the mic it irritates me and I honestly want to put my TV on mute. Then when he gets in the ring he's pretty damn crappy. I'm not entertained when he competes in the slightest and I don't believe he should be getting the push he's getting right now. What I wanted to see was a quick match where Enzo has a few nice spots but Neville walks away the victor. However, what we got instead was a low blow behind the refs back and a quick win. A joke. I didn't enjoy the match and it was clearly one of the weaker ones of the night but the end result really did anger me. A heel move, a dick move, and it added to just why Enzo comes across so unlikable. It irritates me that guys like Cedric Alexander are in the divison getting g next to nothing and Enzo is the champ. It really is a joke and I'm hoping that title doesn't stay around his waist for very long at all.
And then we have the main event. Okay, unlike the Cruiserweight championship match I was really looking forward to this. Strowman vs Lesnar felt like a big deal and I was super excited to see what would go down between them one on one after what we saw. Now, the match had some nice little
moments and I remained totally hooked and interested in the action. Strowman looked good, Lesnar looked good, it was all very good but thats just it. It didn't live up to the expectations and then to make things worse Strowman loses to Lesnar after one f5. This is the man who has had the monster of all monster build ups and push of the past year and you have him lose after one F5. I just wasn't very happy. I'm hoping the WWE keep pushing Strowman and he bounces back fine but I am going to be pretty worried for him over the next couple of months. As for Lesnar, I know people like him as champion because he brings a lot to the title, he makes it feel like a big deal, important but it has got to the point where I want to see a champion on my screen every week, I want something different now and I'm not enjoying the reign as much anymore. I would have liked to have seen what Strowman could have brought to the table but as I said, I hope the WWE keep pushing him and find a away to keep him on track.

No Mercy was a damn good pay per view. Honestly, one of the best of the year and one of the best I have seen in a long time. All but two matches delivered and I found myself enjoying so much of what was presented to me. It was a fun night, I stayed awake and I really really liked what we saw. For me the match of the night came from the tag team divison and the standout of the night for me was Nia Jax, the spots and bumps she took were brutal and she really did prove herself. I'm really excited for the fallout of the pay per view on tonight's RAW with will start with Miz TV and special guest Roman Reigns. As always I will be live tweeting throughout the show tonight and a review will go up in the middle of the week. For now you can let me know what you thought of No Mercy by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent Blog Posts:
WWE No Mercy Predictions 2017
7 Mae Young Classic Competitors the WWE Must Sign
This weeks Smackdown LIVE Highlights
5 Reasons Why Shayna Baszler is about to take over the WWE
5 Superstars Smackdown LIVE are Failing
5 Ways the WWE Can Save Bray Wyatt

Comments

Popular Posts