This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and so far have had a lovely start to the week. So it's Wednesday which of course means its time to take a look back at this weeks episodes of Monday night RAW and Smackdown LIVE. This week we saw the fallout to what was an epic pay per view, No Mercy, on Monday night which consisted of the beginning of new feuds, interesting bookings and far too much Enzo Amore and of course over on Smackdown LIVE the girls and guys of the blue brand began preparing for the Hell in a Cell pay per view. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you through some of the best bits from this weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE telling you what I thought and dissecting some of the biggest talking points of the week. I know there are quite a few "review" like posts this week but honestly it's just the way its turned out and next week I have some new and exciting pieces for you I can't wait to get uploaded. When reading today's blog post keep in mind I was rushing this early in the morning off just a couple of hours sleep because I had to rush out and do some bits and bobs. Tomorrow I have a brand new series starting here on my blog focusing on NXT and I'm super interested to see where that goes. For now, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including Monday's post which of course was my WWE No Mercy review. And finally, you can let me know what you thought of all this weeks WWE shows by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

A fresh feud for Roman Reigns Sparks Shield Reunion Rumors 

We kick start today's blog post off with the thing I'm most excited about and what I honestly enjoyed the most, the work between the Miz and Roman Reigns. Back at the No Mercy pay per view this past Sunday both Miz and Roman Reigns had a brilliant showing. With Miz keeping hold of his Intercontinental championship and Reigns defeating John Cena both walked into this weeks episode of Monday night RAW full of momentum and confidence. The show this weeks opened with a Miz TV segment with Roman Reigns of course the special guest as promised during the No mercy pay per view. The segment was a solid opener and I can say I honestly enjoyed it. The Miz is a brilliant mic worker and he shows that at every single opportunity, last night he asked all the right questions, had the crowd fired up and frustrated Reigns to the point where the former WWE Champion demanded a one on one match between the current IC Champ. Miz of course denied, walking off but before he could reach the back RAW general manger announced that later on in the show the Miz would go one on one against Roman Reigns and after the opening segment I can honestly say  I was looking forward to it. The match later on in the night proved to be the best of the night with Miz and Reigns working very well together and managing to deliver an entertaining match I can again honestly say I really really liked. Now, while the match was strong and as I said I enjoyed it it wasn't what got me so excited, it's what we saw after that did just that. During that opening segment the Miz had made comments about Reigns' history as part of the Shield and after losing to Reigns clean last night the IC champ took it upon himself to send a message and make some kind of impact. Along with Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas, the Mizterage took out Reigns in a brutal beat down and after closing things off with the signature Shield sign the Miz had made things personal but did what he set out to do, get people talking. There have been rumors surfacing that the Shield may be reuniting very soon and last night appeared to see the seeds planted for that. I mentioned during the show that I'm totally down for this feud and if it means the Shield coming back together even better. The Miz in my opinion was the star of the show last night. He continues to prove he is one of the best IC Champions in WWE history and while he got the loss last night he ended things on a high. He's the guy I cannot get enough of right now and I'm super excited to see where this story goes.

Mickie James finally Given the Spotlight she Deserves 

If you follow me on twitter I'm sure you would have seen me complain and moan time and time again about how poorly used Mickie James has been since returning to the WWE earlier on in the year. I've also made several comments both her on my blog and over on social media about the terrible response the six time champ has received from live crowds around the world. A future hall of famer, Mickie James will in my opinion go down in history as one of the best female wrestlers and since making her comeback to the WWE she hasn't been treated as such at all. Last night however, we finally got to see the light at the end of the tunnel when James came out to confront Alexa Bliss. After retaining her RAW Women's championship against four other women in what was a highlight match of the No Mercy pay per view, Bliss came out full of momentum and confidence working that mic like a pro. As always she had everyone hanging on every word he uttered and she as always came across like the bad ass champ we all know and love her for being. When Mickie's music hit I honestly was over the moon. It was one of those "finally" moments and while she didn't get the biggest reaction or the reaction she deserved from the live crowd Mickie took the opportunity she was being given and owned it. Mickie and Alexa have brilliant chemistry as we saw last night and Mickie really did take control of this segment. Owning Bliss, Mickie gave the champ a few home truths and had everyone's attention. The segment in my opinion did what it needed to do. While this feud may not last very long I'm totally interested in seeing where it goes and super excited about the fact Mickie has finally been given a good, strong, solid storyline that puts her in the spotlight and gives her the opportunity to make an impact and deliver a really strong performance thats reminds us all why she really is one of the best of the best.

The Cruiserweight Division takes Center Stage 

And the final point I'll be making in regards to Monday night RAW comes from the Cruiserweight divison. Throughout the past year I have spent a lot of time complaining how poorly booked the cruiserweights have been with the WWE failing to show character development and use each superstar properly allowing them all to grow, develop and make an impact. As a whole it's safe to say that the Cruiserweight divison has been failed over the past twelve months. However, more recently we have had little snippets that have shown signs of improvements and progress. Neville worked as a brilliant champion and brought a lot of depth to the divison and his work with Enzo was some of the best we have seen from the divison over the past year. Now, this past Sunday at the No mercy pay per view Neville put his title on the line against Enzo Amore and unfortunately was an able to walk out with the title still on his shoulder as Enzo was crowned the new Cruiserweight champion after a low blow behind the refs back allowed him to pick up a quick victory. If you read my reactions post to the show you will k now that I wasn't the biggest fan of this move at all, in fact it really really irritated me. I've said it before but I'm no an Enzo Amore fan. I really do have a strong disliking towards him and I strongly feel as though putting the championship on him was an insult to the divison and that really was what the theme was of that closing segment this past week on RAW. Throughout the night Enzo had come across like an arrogant twat to say the least and after issuing a no contact order he set out to celebrate his championship victory live in the middle of the ring. Again, Enzo came across like the most unlikable human being on the face of the earth and I was watching this thinking just how much I really dislike him. Saying that however, the man is good on the mic and knows how to work his character perfectly. He's an irritating, over the top, hyper little wanker and it works. I hate to say it but most the points Enzo made were true and it's his title win that got the Cruiserweights the main event spot this week. The segment as a whole was very very strong and exactly what the division needed. It put the cruiserweights center stage and it's what they all deserved. It's an interesting take the WWE going with but again I like it. Enzo has isolated himself form everyone, he's unlikable, he's a joke a to the divison and no one respects him but he's the champ and he's putting a focus on the division that no one else has done. If you didn't check out the video that was uploaded after RAW aired that showed Braun Strowman and the entire cruiserweight divison throwing a kill Enzo Amore party you have to check it out! Honestly it's the best five minuets you will ever spend on life.

Things Heat up between Kevin Owens & Shane McMahon

One feud over on Smackdown LIVE I've really been enjoying is Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens. I've mentioned that it's not miles different from what we saw go down between Shane and AJ Styles earlier on in the year but it remains a feud I'm seriously interested in right now and have been totally entertained by over the past couple of weeks. Kevin Owens is a main event star, a natural born heel, and someone fans just love to watch whether you love him or hate him. Recently we have seen an even darker side to Owens and that was highlighted when he attacked chairmen Vince McMahon. This week Owens kick start Smackdown LIVE addressing his action and showing how ready he is to face Shane at hell in a cell, he was however, interrupted by former best friend and long time rival, Sami Zayn. The segment was a strong one and one of my favorites of the night and of the two main shows this week and would to the blue brands main event this week as the two went one on one. In that main event we saw Kevin once again overstep the mark and take things just that little too far and when Shane McMahon's music hit we thought we would see a little brawl breakdown between the two but once again it was Owens who had out smarted a McMahon. The whole thing was a little messy  but it added some heat to this feud and honestly only made me even more excited for their future collision.

Hell in a Cell Updates

This weeks Smackdown LIVE was pretty interesting. While it wasn't the best episode in the world I again can say I genuinely enjoyed the whole show. We had a couple of good, strong matches including a women's one on one between Charlotte and Carmella which was surprisingly really good and we got plenty of updates regarding Hell in a Cell as the card thickened. The annual pay per view will take place next Sunday as the stars of Smackdown LIVE set to put an epic must see pay per view and so far I can at least say there are a couple of matches I'm really looking forward to. Last night we saw another match added to the card as Baron Corbin earned and then demanded a shot at the United States Championship. After defeating Tye Dillinger via count out in the first hour of the show the lone wolf made it clear he was coming after Styles championship at Hell in a Cell. We've seen Corbin given title opportunities before and come up short however the last time he was given the chance to compete for the US championship the match never even happened after Dillinger got himself involved. Now, I was expecting to see a triple threat involving these three superstars but I won't be complaining about the match we're actually getting. I would love to see Corbin walk out of the pay per view as champion but you can see if I believe that will be the case in next Friday's hell in a Cell predictions post.

We also got an update regarding the tat team championship match set to take place at hell in a cell next Sunday between current champs The New Day and challengers the Usos. After picking up a victory over The Hype Bros adding to their momentum, the Usos walked over to the champs who sat at ringside in the crowd and as the segment progressed Xavier Woods suggested the tag team championships be defended inside hell in a cell. An awesome update, one that I saw coming but I'm
really excited and I seriously do believe this could be one of the best tag team matches we have seen in a very very long time!

A couple of weeks back I mentioned in a post just like this that I was actually surprisingly taking a liking to the new Dolph Ziggler we have been seeing. It's a very basic thing but Ziggler basically taking the piss out of a series of superstars' entrances and attempting to make a point has actually been something I've slowly grown to like. Ziggler's mid life crises has become a highlight of my Tuesday night and while it's not the best idea in the world right now it's kinda working for Dolph and at least its something. This week he took on the role of the Undertaker however things didn't go as smoothly as they have done in the past and the former Intercontinental champion was interrupted by the glorious one, Bobby Roode. So far we haven't seen all too much of Roode since he made his Smackdown LIVE debut but with a fresh little feud kick starting with Dolph Ziggler we can at least expect to see a solid match up coming up as the pair are set to go one on one next Sunday at the Hell in a Cell pay per view. Again, pretty predicable especially if you have been reading rumors online but I do believe we could get a solid match out of these two. Both are massively experienced and talented and if given enough time despite the lack of build and depth to the story we could so easily have a nice strong match we can all get behind and enjoy.

There we have it! This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE. Both shows were pretty decent this week and I can honestly say I liked both. We had a couple of good matches on both shows, I felt the women's divison was used right on both shows, and we had a strong ending to both RAW and Smackdown LIVE this week. I of course would love to know what you guys thought so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog posts:
My Current Favorite Tag Teams
WWE No Mercy Best Bits 2017
7 Mae Young Classic Competitors the WWE Must Sign
5 Reasons Why Shayna Baszler is about to take over the WWE

Comments

Popular Posts