5 Reasons Why Shayna Baszler is about to take over the WWE

Helloooo everyone! Welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and of course having an awesome start to your week! Now, the past month has been taken over by all things Mae Young Classic as thirty two female wrestlers from around the world took part in a history making tournament. The event provided fans with the opportunity to get to know a group of new talent and grow familiar with competitors set to take the wrestling world by storm. The nine episodes saw a number of strong must see matches, character development, and solid storytelling that kept the WWE universe hooked throughout. With episode the tournament grew stronger and I found myself more and more emotionally invested and come the finales last week I was on the edge of my seat as former MMA star Shayna Baszler took on fan favourite in Kairi Sane following Smackdown LIVE. The finale match was a brilliant way to conclude a historic tournament as both women brought their A game and delivered to a high high standard. In the end after several close calls and nail biting action it was Kairi Sane who walked out the victor and the inaugural Mae Young Classic winner. A brilliant pick for the win, Kairi was a standout throughout. She competed in some of the best matches of the entire tournament and an early pick from the start she kept her momentum high and sailed all the way to the top making history live on the WWE network. A week after that finale I'm still hyped and have plenty to say in regards to the Mae Young Classic and so this week I have a couple more extra posts focusing the event including today's article! If you have been following me for the past couple of months you will know all too well that I am a huge Shayna Baszler mark, in fact its kind of embarrassing. I've followed her career for years but more recently I've found myself totally obsessed with Baszler writing about her and featuring her in a number of blog posts and tweets I've made the entire world know I'm totally team Baszler. Now, while she wasn't able to talk away with the victory last week Shayna did make an impact both in the finales and throughout the tournament and today I wanna dedicate some extra time to talking about the runner up herself. I've previously mentioned that I believe Shayna is about to send shock waves through the industry and in today's blog post I'm going to be listing five reasons why I believe Shayna Baszler is about to take over the WWE. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow right at the very end and you can have your say and let me know what you personally think of Baszler by dropping a comment or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 


Sign her now!

The Mae Young Classic saw amazing talent from all around the wold take center stage and earlier in the week I uploaded a blog post listing seven of those competitors I believe the WWE must sign. In that post names such as Toni Storm, Piper Niven and Mercedes Martinez featured after their phenomenal performances throughout the tournament but one name for me personally shone brighter than any other, the one and only Shayna Baszler. Throughout the tournament Shayna stood out not only for her dominance in the ring but her character development. The music would hit and Baszler had her game face on. She was the bad ass heel, focused, and ready and had the fans reeling. Her brutality, cockiness, and arrogance meant fans took a disliking to her character just as they were supposed to and it was refreshing seeing a heel get a heel reaction. The most notable moment was the little kick she gave Candice LeRae moments after picking the victory. In the finale last Tuesday, Shayna fell short for the first time and missed out on making history and becoming the first ever winner of the Mae Young Classic but that hasn't stopped the world from talking about Shayna Baszler. The WWE universe have been discussing not stop about the women they would like to see signed to the WWE and Shayna is a name that is constantly popping up. She may not have got the big win at the end but after the impact she made throughout the past month there is no chance in hell the WWE are not going to snap her up. She would be a huge part of the roster over in NXT and the impact she would make up on the main roster would be crazy as I will get into a little later on. The first step in Baszler taking over is getting her contract and I don't doubt for a single second that within a matter of weeks we will be hearing the news that she is the latest member of the NXT roster if not higher up in the WWE. 


Four Horsewomen VS Four Horsewomen 

I know I know I know, the past month all I have spoken about is the dream match of the four horsewomen of the WWE vs the forewomen of MMA and I understand everyone and their mother is sick and tired of hearing about it but I have to touch on it just one more time. I promise that after today I will never mention it again... okay so that may just be a tiny little lie. I get that people are bored of hearing about it and the effect is wearing off some people but the fact is this is a dream match and a huge deal for women's wrestling. I can't remember a match involving only female competitors being this anticipated and hyped and as someone who has always wanted that type of reaction to be alive for the women it makes me super happy and excited. This is a match I've really wanted to see go down for the past couple of years now. Both groups of women have been pioneers. They have changed the game and had people seeing women in their industry completely different and its a big deal. Their following, influences and the reactions both group of women have received have made them eight of the most talked about females in the sports world and rightfully so. Their collision is something I know I personally am dying to see. Its something will elevate women and sports to a new level and match that would easily feature as a standout on any Wrestlemania card. This is a match that has been rumored and teased for the past couple of years but the Mae Young classic saw thin gs really kick start here. With both sets of women (not including Sasha Banks) being in attendance and intense showdown took part that had the fall sail crowd going wild! The fan reaction spoke volumes and in what was one of the highlight moments of the tournament I was left sitting at home desperate to see more go down between these women. In a backstage segment we saw the women face to face once again this time with Ronda freaking Rousey proposing a challenge telling Bayley, Becky Lynch and Charlotte to name a time and place. Honestly, I get chills just thinking about it! This is a money match and something fans all around the world of different ages and genders can get behind and with the seeds now planted I'm excited to see when this dream collision will go down. Looking ahead, Shayna Baszler is a key part in pushing this match and making it happen. The first to dip her toes deep into the WWE waters Shayna is the first of the first horsewomen of MMA to step inside a WWE ring and take part in matches. Eyes have been on her, she's focused her attentions on a goal and has become a member of the WWE family without even being signed just yet. Now, I've already just mentioned that I believe Shayna will be signed very very soon and once she is we can really kick start things and the build up to this must see must happen match up. I'm confident Baszler will be going to NXT first but with her interaction with the four horsewomen at the classic I would n't out it behind the WWE to shove her right into the big picture up on the main roster way sooner than expected despite her lack of experience. Regardless of when she goes up however, there is a certain feud I cannot wait to see her take part in, going one on one against the Queen, Charlotte Flair. Again, another big deal money match, its the perfect feud. Both these women are dominant in their own ways and I would love nothing more than to see the Queen of the WWE go up against the Queen of Spades Shayna Baszler. There feud would kick start a year long story and would be the next step in building the four horsewomen vs the four horsewomen. If you would like to see my how I would book for that match then leave a comment bellow. 


The Bad Ass heel the WWE Women's divison needs

I'm constantly sitting here complaining about the lack of diversity when it comes to characters in the women's divison. While we are seeing improvements and thats amazing I'm still not satisfied with the variety of characters being presented. When you take a look at the current heels and faces on both the heels and faces currently working on t he RAW and Smackdown LIVE roster we have far more character development than we have seen in a while but if I think back at the heels we've had from the women's divison in recent years the likes of Charlotte, AJ Lee, and Sasha Banks standout as the best but what I really want to see is a bad ass, tough girl heel that can take control of the divison and show herself to be a true dominant force. As we have already touched on, the Mae Young Classic saw Shayna Baszler take center stage thanks to not only her in ring work but character work. She had the fans eating out of the palm of her hand! The tournament saw a number of different characters surface but for me personally Shayna was one of the names that stood out the most. Every time we saw her she was more intense, more bad ass, more focused and far more connected to the crowd due to feeding off and reacting to the energy and reactions from the crowd at full sail. I found myself enjoying her matches more as they went by with Baszler portraying herself as the cocky, arrogant bad ass that would easily take you out and laugh about it after. This is the type of character I want to see in the women's divison and exactly what it needs! The women's divison in the WWE is calling out for someone like Baszler and I really do feel as though she could really make a huge impact in the divison with not only what she can do in the ring but what she can brings to the with her character work. She gives the vibe of a female Brock Lesnar and while the position is something that fans has said belongs to Ronda Rousey right now we are focusing on Shayna Baszler and if she can come into the divison and have a similar impact to Lesnar than we could be onto something really interesting and exciting and a character that has the potential to go on and do amazing amazing things!



Chemistry with top talent


It's no secret that Shayna Baszler has made plenty of friends inside the WWE training alongside the likes of former Divas champion Nikki Bella and the current Smackdown LIVE Womens champion Natalya. Throughout the past couple of years Baszler has built solid friendships with some of the best competitors in the women's divison and seeing her collide with some of those women in the future inside a WWE ring really could be some serious money feuds, storyline's and matches. Keeping in mind Shayna still has a lot of in ring work to do in order to fully win over the fans when you throw her into matches against the likes of top veterans like Natalya magic is bound to happen. Their chemistry would be clear as day and their in ring styles I'm sure would compliment each other massively. In fact when I was thinking about the matches I'd like to see Shayna compete in inside a WWE ring Natalya was the first opponent I thought of. It hit me that a match up between these two could either be a total disaster or a piece of wrestling magic. Both always keen to learn more and develop their in ring skills they share a similar style in the ring and watching them put each other in a number of different submissions would make for an excellent match up different to what we are used to seeing right now. The other name I mentioned earlier was of course Nikki Bella. Now, while I believe we would get a great match out of Natalya VS Shayna Baszler I really do feel as the story that could be told between Shayna Baszler and a part timer in Nikki Bella (a part time role being something Nikki Bella has recently spoke about) could be equally entertaining. I'm interested in seeing the chemistry between the two following their relationship and I'm confident that together they could really create a story that has fans totally interested and emotionally invested.

Pushing the next Level in Womens Evolution 

And finally, I have to touch on the the impact Shayna will and already has made in moving the women 's revolution to the next level. Throughout today's blog post I've mentioned the change we have seen in women's wrestling throughout the past four years or so. Women such as Paige, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Emma, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss and Bayley to name just a few have been key in changing the way women's wrestling is perceived and the interest and respect for women's wrestling has seen a huge increase. We live in a day and age where women are making their way to the top with more main event opportunities, longer and more frequent matches/ appearances, and more mic work. We've seen the female talent of the WWE finally given characters fans can get behind and gripping storyline's that has everyone on the edge of their seats wanting more making two thousand and seventeen a good time to be a women in the wrestling industry however, there is always room for improvement and after the Mae Young classic I really do believe there are a group of women that are set to really change things up and takes things to the next level. Her abilities/skills are like no other despite her lack of experience. She sill has a lot of training to do and improvements to make in the ring but the fact she's only been wrestling for two years and seeing how far she's come and how solid she is in the ring is seriously impressive. Her style is like no other and while we starting to see more women edge closer to that in ring style Shayna is a master at what she does. She's confident in every match she competes in, totally focused, and calculating. From the moment she appears on screen Baszler makes sure eyes are on her thanks to her intimidating aura and unique in ring style. With so much to offer to the divison Baszler has something new and exciting to bring to the table and what she does have to offer really is something that could push the women's divison and its evolution to a whole new level. 

Over the past month I've spoken about Shayna Baszler non stop here on my blog and over on social media and I know you're all getting sick and tired and of it but I really did want to get this post done. I have written this while my mum is recovering from her operation so I've been a little distracted but I'm pretty happy with the end result. While there hasn't been any updates in regards to Baszler signing with the WWE I do still believe that she will eventually make her way to the company and when she does she really will take over!s always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow right at the very end and you can have your say and let me know what you personally think of Baszler by dropping a comment or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent blog posts:
Last Week in Wrestling
5 Superstars Smackdown LIVE are Failing
What I really thought of the WWE Mae Young Classic
5 Ways the WWE Can Save Bray Wyatt

Comments

Popular Posts