My Current Favorite Tag Teams

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and having a good week! Today I have a post that I have wanted to write for you for quite some time! If you have been following me for long enough you will know all too well that I am the biggest fan of tag team wrestling but over the years I've found myself drifting away. There really was this time were tag team wrestling just faded. Promotions were failing the divison and I wasn't finding myself interested in the work we were seeing from tag teams around the world what so ever. However, recent work from certain tag teams has found me falling me back in love with tag team wrestling. I grew up loving teams such as the Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian, the Dudleyz and the matches we would see go down between those teams are what really had me falling in love with wrestling in the first place as I've mentioned so many times before. It's only been over the past couple of years that I've felt the same way I did back then when watching tag team wrestling and feels amazing to be able to sit here and say that. In today's blog post we are going to be focusing on all things tag team wrestling as I count down five of my current favourite teams from around the world. This post will include teams from outside the WWE and I have a special mention of some teams I'm excited to watch grow and develop in the future. I'm hoping to write a lot more content in the future about tag team wrestling and this really is going to be kick starting that. I'm also looking forward to writing about teams I haven't mentioned before here on my blog! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my Mae Young Classic review. Finally, you can let me know what your favourite tag team in the world of pro wrestling is right now both in and outside the WWE by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

British Strong Style 

We kick start today's blog post off with a tag team I've been obsessed with all year long, the team of Trent Seven and former WWE United Kingdom champion, Tyler Bate, British Strong Style otherwise known as Mustache Mountain. The pair have been working alongside each other to create one of the most interesting, entertaining and promising teams of this generation and when you add Pete Dunne to the mic you really do get something special. The three men are some of the most talented men in the world of British professional wrestling and the year of twenty seventeen has really seen all three them break out into the US picture thanks to the WWE United Kingdom tournament and their further work for NXT. I first came across British Strong style around a year ago but it Bate and Trent's work as Mustache Mountain in WCPW that really caught my eye at first. From the moment I saw their entrance I was hooked. The pair have an old school feel but a unique twist and they are completely captivating. Over the past year I've watched more of their work together and totally fell in love with their character and what they deliver in the ring. With Trent being quite a bit older than Tyler we can see the difference in the two of them but when you put them together you really do get something special. The pair have a natural chemistry that has fans cheering them on every single time they step in the ring playing the likable baby faces and the damn right amazing heels. In fact when they are working as heels their one of not many that actually really do comes across as top heels you genuinely dislike. However, despite whether they are working as heels or baby faces their in ring work speaks volumes. I'm constantly left entertained and amazed and they both whether it be as singles or tag team competitors are going to have an amazing future, especially Bate who is so early into his career.

The Usos 

Yup, you read that right, I, Victoria Tezangi, have included the Usos in a list of my current favorite tag teams. If you have been following me for long enough you will know that I have been the biggest Usos hater going. I've constantly made comments on how overrated I believe they are and how boring I find their character and I do stick to some of the things I have said in the past. This time two years ago or so I was not a fan. I wasn't entertained by their work in the slightest and that really did fall down to their character. It was bland and boring and I found myself losing interest in any show the moment they appeared on my screen. Of course their in ring work has always been amazing and they have always impressed when it comes to competing in the ring but it just wasn't enough and I had nothing good to really say about these guys. However, I now sit here saying the sentence I never in a million years expected to say... I'm an Usos fan. Honestly, throughout the past few months I've loved everything these two have done. I knew the moment these two turned heel that my opinions on them were going to change and even though I tried fighting it in the end I gave up and admitted to the fact that I was becoming an Usos fan. They kind of left me with no choice, every week I'd be tuning into Smackdown LIVE and genuinely looking forward to what these guys were going to be doing and that has only stayed the same throughout the year. As always their in work has been fantastic and the title matches between Jimmy and Jey and the New Day more recently has seen some of my personal favourite matches of the year so far take place. But for once it's not just their in ring work I've been loving; the heel turn has proven to be the perfect move for these guys who honestly feel like different superstars at this point. Their mic work has been a heck of a lot stronger with the cheesy bs ditched and replaced with genuinely funny, entertaining promos and segments and the perfect example of that was the rap battle between them and the New Day which they won hands down despite the end result! I've been far more entertained by their work over the past year and honestly I really do believe that despite how I've felt about them in the pas the Usos will go down as one of the best teams of this generation.

The Young Bucks 

The next team I'm going to be talking about will come absolutely no surprise to anyone as it of course is the Young Bucks. When I was writing my notes for this blog post I didn't realize I was going to have so many teams listed and narrowing it down to just five really was difficult. I was actually going to make this into a top seven post but I kept to my guns and in the end decided that I needed to pick between the New Day and the Young Bucks. Over the past year or two I have written about the New Day on so many different occasions in so many different blog posts and so I thought it was about time we mentioned the Young Bucks. Okay, so I am actually planning on writing a full in depth blog post about the Young Bucks and the impact these guys have made and we have to touch on that today. I'm not a loyal viewer of ROH and I've mentioned before that I dip in and out watching episodes here and there but the Young Bucks are a team I have been obsessed with throughout the past couple of years and I think we all know why. Tag team wrestling has seen a massive rise recently and these guys play such a huge part in that and are a massive part of why we have seen such a change. Totally captivating these guys step in the ring and impress every single time. Their music hits and I'm hooked! I know I'm in for an amazing match regardless of who the opponents are and I know I'm going to be entertained whether if it's for five minuets or twenty five minuets. Their chemistry is fantastic and their relationship with the fans is something real special. There are so many dream matches I'd love to see them involved in the thought of the pair going up against a team like the Revival at a stage like Wrestlemania has me so excited I can't even put it into words. These two have been such a huge part of my new love for tag team wrestling and reminding me why I was such a huge fan as a kid.

The Revival

Okay, so we just mentioned them but you guys knew I was going to be featuring them in this post anyway, up next we have the Revival. I'm going to say it, these guys are one of my all time favourite tag teams. I know it's a bold statement to make considering I've only been watching them for a few years but boy these guys are fucking brilliant! The past couple of years or so I have written so many blog posts and tweets talking about these guys and how much I love them and why I'm such a fan to the point where I could write a book talking about my love for these guys. It's funny actually because if you are a long time reader of my blog you will know that I actually started out as far from as a fan of these two as possible. I didn't enjoy watching them much, I didn't really get them and I wasn't really interested at all but the change in my opinions of these guys has been crazy and I've gone from not really caring at all to becoming their biggest fan! They give a real old school feel that works so much in modern day wrestling. Their character work is nothing big and over the top and kept simple and effective. Unlike a lot of characters in pro wrestling these guys keep things real simple and yet every time they're on my screen I'm totally hooked. Their in ring work is on another level. Over the past two to three years the Revival have been apart of some of the best matches I have ever seen with their bouts against DIY honestly sure to go down as legendary. They sparked a change in tag team wrestling and really did bring it back to life. Now, their main roster run has gone as smoothly as expected due to injuries but I strongly believe that once all of that has passed these guys are going to dominate the main roster tag team divison and work even more epic matches against a number of different teams showing the bigger audiences what they're made of.

War Machine 

And finally we have the team that inspired me to write this post in the first place, War Machine. I've mentioned in quite a few posts and twitter posts recently that I have tried my best to keep up with all the wrestling outside of the WWE and in doing so I have managed to discover War Machine who have become one of my favourite tag teams in the world right now and a team I'm totally obsessed with. Over the past month in particular I've spent so much time going back and watching some of their older matches and their newer work and I've become just the biggest fan. Again, very old school these guys take us back to the days of Demolition and give us the exact same vibes. Two monsters of men these guys step in the ring and look like total beasts and when they wrestle they show themselves to be just that however, their athleticism and agility is insane and I remember watching these guys for the first time and thinking what the actual fuck... so massively impressive these guys break down barriers and  show that their size does not hold them back or limit them to just powerhouses as they climb to the top rope and often perform moves a cruiserweight is seen doing in the ring. It doesn't matter who their opponent is, these guys work fantastic matches against any and every opponent and their hard work has been paying off. A huge talking point in the world of pro wrestling right now these guys are killing it and they have the titles on their shoulders to prove just how impressive they  are. I really am excited to see what the future holds for these guys and I cannot wait to see and learn more about them!

And that is my list! I had so much fun writing this post to the point where I may just consider writing a part two! For now however, you can check out any recent blog posts including my Mae Young Classic review which will all be linked bellow. Finally, you can let me know what your favourite tag team in the world of pro wrestling is right now both in and outside the WWE by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
WWE No Mercy Best Bits 2017
7 Mae Young Classic Competitors the WWE Must Sign
This weeks Smackdown LIVE Highlights
5 Reasons Why Shayna Baszler is about to take over the WWE


Comments

Popular Posts