This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had an awesome week so far! Okay, so today my mum goes in for surgery and because of everything going on today I was originally planning on not uploading a blog post today but I thought it would benefit me a lot more to keep myself busy and focused and writing a new blog post would do just that, keeping my mind off everything that is happening today and throughout the rest of the week. Now, these past few days have been jam packed full of some amazing wrestling with plenty of news, updates and so forth and in today's blog post we are going to be taking a look back at this weeks episodes of Monday night RAW and Smackdown LIVE. If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that usually I upload either an individual highlights posts for each show the following day or on  Wednesday I upload a mixed post looking at the highlight moments of both shows, however, with the Mae Young Classic finale happening this past Tuesday there was a change to me schedule and instead of this post going up yesterday I had the review of that meaning that today I'll be uploading my RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights. If you haven't read previous versions of this post its pretty simple, this is just where I take the time to look back at the best matches, promos, segments and announcements that took place on both RAW and Smackdown LIVE and I honestly enjoyed both shows so i have a lot to talk about in today's article. Next week posts will return to their normal upload days. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow including yesterday's Mae Young Classic review and reactions. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks episodes of both RAW and Smackdown LIVE by dropping a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Braun Strowman makes an even Bigger Impact

When I take a look at some of the most impressive WWE superstars of the past year there are a number of names that stand out for a number of different reasons but none shine brighter than the current number one contender to the Universal Championship, Braun Strowman. Throughout the past twelve months I have spoken about Strowman more than any other superstar both here on my blog and over on social media and I have mentioned time and time again that he is a current massive favourite of mine. Time and time again he has impressed in the ring, developed his character and proved to be a true monster of the WWE and last night he once again stole the spotlight making Monday night RAW the Braun Strowman show. On the road to becoming Universal champion we have seen Strowman pick up momentum more and more every week including a huge victory over the Big show in a steel cage match. During this weeks episode of Monday night RAW Braun found himself involved in two of the standout segments of the night. The first came from a clash between the challenger himself and the current WWE Universal champion Brock Lesnar. With the champ in the center of the ring, Paul Heyman did a fantastic job as always hyping his clients up and coming match while also making Strowman sound like a real life monster but making sure to challenge Strowman intising him to come down to the ring and fight Brock Lesnar. Of course Strowman was not just going to stay backstage and hide away from a fight and within seconds joined his No Mercy opponent. The brawl between the two was a standout moment of the night and the part of the show I personally enjoyed the most. Despite Lesnar getting more offence in than he ever has done against Strowman it was the monster among men who made the bigger impact once again man handling the champ and by the end of the segment it was Strowman left holding the championship high above his head while he rest his foot on the chest of Bock Lesnar. Wow. Strowman has been making a huge impact throughout the past year but this really did show just how far he has come. Strowman is a true threat to Lesnar and his championship and I seriously cannot wait for their collision in a couple of weeks time. A little later on in the show Braun became another big talking point when he went toe to toe with John Cena. Honestly, I had mixed opinions on this. Strowman needs momentum heading into No Mercy, the more the better, and pitting him in this big matches against big big names like John Cena is a huge deal but I wasn't sure on the finish. I was however, super excited for the match and when it took place I was hooked, having a genuine interest in the action. Strowman once again took his opponent to the limit and once again competed in a very strong, physical and entertaining match I couldn't fault. I didn't have a clue who was going to win or how the match would end that only contributed to my massive interest in this match that really did feel as though it could have main evented a major pay per view. In the end it was a DQ that finished this match off after Strowman power slamed Cena on the steel steps in the center of the ring. A strong finish and the right more one hundred percent. Strowman was the man of the night last night and he deserves every single bit of this push he is receiving. Brilliant.


Are the WWE finally getting things right with Jason Jordan?

Over the years I've spoken about Jason Jordan a heck of a lot both here on my blog and over on twitter. During his time in the WWE we have seen Jordan take part in some brilliant tag team matches especially over on NXT were he and Chad Gable really did become one of my favourite tag teams in the industry. When the pair were separated a few months back I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't happy and I still have my doubts. I really do feel as though that despite being brilliant in ring performers and having all the potential in the world to really make it as singles competitors right now it feels as though, in my personal opinion, that the pair would do far better working together. The whole Jordan being Kurt Angle's son again, I had mixed opinions and haven't been the biggest fan of and that hasn't been helped with how Jordan was booked during his first month up on Monday night RAW. However, the past couple of weeks or so I've really seen a change as it looks as though the WWE finally know what they are doing with Jason Jordan. The stuff with the Miz he found himself involved in around Summerslam is something we can all forget and focus on what we have been seeing more recently. He's booking has gotten a lot better and despite not picking up victories he's making an impact and changing fan perceptions of him. Right now, in this moment, Jason Jordan does't need championship opportunities or a millions victories that mean nothing, instead what needs is what he has been getting the past few weeks, big performances, impressive matches that win over the fans. A few weeks back he came close to becoming the new number one contender for the IC title but despite losing he had a brilliant performance and was a true standout. Last week he faced off against Cena in a brilliant opening match and once again got heads turning and earned the respect of John Cena which in itself is a big deal. And then this past Monday we saw him go one on one against Roman Reigns in what was hands down one of Jordan's best singles matches to date. I honestly loved every moment of this match. I thought both men looked amazing throughout and Jordan in particular really did standout. He showed just how versatile he in the ring and really had everyone up on their feet and as the match progressed the fans in attendance seemed to get more and more behind him. This is exactly what Jordan needs. He's winning over the fans in these fantastic matches and the loses mean nothing because of how well he is performing in the matches. If he can keep this up he really is going to have a brilliant year ahead of him and I'm really excited to see what comes up next for him.

Welcome to the Kevin Owens Show 

When I first took a look at the Smackdown LIVE card set for this week I was expecting a really impressive, standout show which would leave me sitting here in the middle of the week with plenty to talk about, however, that doesn't appear to be the case in the slightest and instead I'm actually disappointed. We did get three title matches all of which were fairly impressive with the tag team championship match hands down taking the title of match of the night, but overall the show didn't have me as excited as I expected it to. I enjoyed the whole two hours theres no doubt about that but I guess my expectations were just a little too high once again and I'm actually here today wit only a couple of topics to touch on when it comes to the blue brand. Now, the man of the night when talking about Smackdown LIVE was easily Kevin Owens. You guys knows I'm a huge Owens fan and I'm always, regardless of what the story, feud, or match is am interested in what he does and is booked to be apart of. Over the past few months I've had mixed opinions about what we have seen from him but as always Kevin has managed to make it work and I have stayed entertained and interested to say the last. Nothing however, matches to what we saw last night. The growing feud between Owens and Shane McMahon is something that I have been paying attention to and enjoying throughout the Summer and as we enter fall this continues to be one of my favourite storylines. There's so much potential and while it's not the most original feud in the world it works because of how well both these men are at their roles. During last weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE Shane McMahon attacked Owens resulting in the former US Champion declaring he would be suing the WWE and come the end of the show Daniel Bryan announced that Shane was not only suspended but his father would be making an appearance this week. In the closing segment last night Vince McMahon came down to the ring and took part in what was hands down one of my personal favourite segments of the entire year with Kevin Owens. Natural chemistry, the two had me hooked throughout and on the edge of my seat I was watching every little thing closely hanging on their every word. The segment ended with Owens making a huge statement in his words beating a McMahon senseless attacking Vince McMahon in a brutal beat down. While it wasn't the most clean of attacks it was done well enough for me to be convinced, entertained and totally captivated. A perfect way to close the show and a brilliant way to add more heat and interest to this storyline, this is something that went from good potential to a total must see and with the announcement being made during this segment that Owens and Shane will go head to head at Hell in a Cell I can honestly say I'm super excited for what is to come!

A step in the Right Direction for the Cruiserweights

For well over a year I have sat here and spoke about the cruiserweights with very little positive comments. Honestly, I've tried really hard to get on board and enjoy what we get from the divison but I just haven't in the slightest.There have been a couple of decent storylines and a number of matches I have enjoyed but I've failed in keeping up with 205 live and there hasn't been anything to go down on the main roster with them that has grabbed my attention. More recently however, that ha started to change and I've loved the move of Enzo going over to the cruiserweight divison because it really is the right place for him. What I have always said about the Cruiserweight divison is how important it is to make them feels as though they really are apart of Monday night RAW. I hate how separated they have felt and it's something I have wanted to see change throughout the past year and finally it looks as though we are heading in that direction. With the purple ropes ditched during cruiserweight segments on RAW I've been left a lot happier and last night I loved the work between the Miz and Enzo Amore. Something I want to see more than anything is the cruiserweights working with the rest of the guys on the roster. It means their not as limited and we get more new and exciting matches and mini feuds here and there. The Miz and Enzo segment was one of the highlights of the night and it really did work, in the future I'd love to see more little cross overs like this as I really do feel as though it benefit the cruiserweight divison massively.

I cant get enough of Dolph Ziggler

Honestly, I think I'm going insane; the past few weeks I've cried at an Asuka segment, admitted to becoming the biggest Usos fan and now I'm sitting here telling you all I really cannot get enough of Dolph Ziggler. If you know me you know all too well that I have never been the biggest Dolph Ziggler fan and previously mentioned how overrated I feel he is to some degree and my little interest in a lot of what we have seen from him. Over the past few weeks however we have seen some new
work from Ziggler and while I had my strong doubts at the start, I have to say I'm having a change of heart. I didn't want to admit it last week and my opinions were still a little all over the place anyway but I really enjoyed his segment and this week was no different. Seeing him come out and mock all these big entrances like Naomi, the Ultimate Warrior, John Cena and more is honestly entertaining and while it totally comes across as though Dolph Ziggler has actually lost his mind and having some kind of mid life crises I'm hooked. I'm left laughing at my TV screen and enjoying what I'm watching. Every time someone's music hits I wonder if it's actually them or Dolph Ziggler and I love that. It's different I know some people are going to hate but I also know some people are going to love it and I just happened to be one of the people that really is totally for this. I'm interested in seeing where this goes and so far I have to say I'm really entertained and impressed.

And that is my post! Now, today I was supposed to be uploading my Mae Young classic review but there has been so much going on with my mum going in for her cancer surgery and so theres has been a really big change in all my plans and I haven't had the time to stick to the schedule I set myself, hopefully you guys understand. My my Mae Young Classic review will go up this week however, just a little later and there have been slight changes to some of next weeks posts too. For now, you can check out any recent blog posts which will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of this weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE by dropping a comment or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent blog post:
5 Ways the WWE Can Save Bray Wyatt
Last Week in Wrestling
5 Things the Latest Episodes of Mae Young Classic taught us

Comments

Popular Posts