WWE No Mercy Predictions 2017

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a good week! So as we reach the end of the week there is one thing on every wrestling fans mind, WWE No Mercy twenty seventeen. With the pay per view set to take place this up and coming Sunday live on the WWE network the stacked card has everybody excited and as I mentioned recently on social media this has got to be the most excited I've been for a WWE show this year (well at least from the main roster). Sure events such as Wrestlemania and SummerSlam had me pumped but of course they did, they are two of the biggest shows on the wrestling calendar but the No Mercy card really is stacked and honestly I'm looking forward to so many more of these matches than I did on the SummerSlam card. Bouts such as Roman Reigns vs John Cena and Braun Strowman vs Brock Lesnar are real big time money matches that have the entire wrestling community on alert. The build up to both matches have been huge and I don't know anyone who isn't super exited for both rather unpredictable matches. There are other title bouts on the show including a huge women's match up for the RAW Women's championship, an interesting Cruiserweight championship one on one and Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose will defend their RAW tag team championships against former champs Sheamus and Cesaro. With so much to look forward to and with the show only being two days away I thought it was about time I sat here and had a good old chat about the show itself in my WWE No Mercy Predictions twenty seventeen. This is where I will run through some of the biggest talking points and rumors heading into the pay per view, what I think and of course what my predictions are. You can get involved in the conversation by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me your predictions at @TezangiVictoria. I will be live tweeting throughout No Mercy so make sure you are following me and as always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow at the end of the post!

Can Alexa Bliss defy the odds?

Okay, honestly, I'm getting this match out of the way because I'm not happy. This time last week I was super excited for the women's fatal four way. With Bliss being given the ultimate challenge to defend her title against Sasha Banks, Emma and Nia Jax this was a match honestly I was really looking forward to. Here we had four very different women all focused on the same thing, all equally as driven and determined yet all massively worthy of a title opportunity battling it out and it what could so easily go down as one of the best women's matches to come out of the WWE this year. However, this past Monday former RAW Women's champion Bayley made her much too soon return to action and moments later it was announced that she would betaking part in this match. Okay, look I get it, Bayley was originally supposed to be facing Bliss at SummerSlam (which was a terrible move in the first place) but the fact is she's been away for nearly month, if you want to stop ruining her character which you've been doing since she moved up to the main roster, focus her on building momentum, earning her way to the top again not just throwing her into a big pay per view title match without really earning it.  I want the underdog Bayley back that we all get behind, feel a little sorry for but know is a total bad ass in the ring and can take out anyone when focused, not what we are getting right now. The crowd reaction was weak for her on Monday and honestly I don't see that changing come this Sunday. Of course I still believe this match could be amazing. Bayley is a fantastic in ring performer but I do feel as though now there's just going to be too much and worry the match will eventually or in fact rather quickly just look messy and I will lose interest. I believe we are for sure going to get some brilliant spots and I would really love to see Emma standout and get people talking. She and Paige really were the two women that kick started this revolution and I want her to go out their on Sunday and prove that exactly. She has a history with pretty much all these women and I know she can work well with them all. As far as the winner goes, honestly I don't know. With Asuka set to arrive on the scene very soon it has shaken things up massively and because of her arrival I am suspecting Bliss will get the win and retain her title. It allows her to go out into the ring and boast about the victory, comment on how she defeated four women and defied the odds, that no one was ready for her, that no one was going to take her championship and of course out comes Asuka. Saying that I am personally backing Emma. I just want it to be her time. I do get the feeling she won't shine until she one days moves over to Smackdown LIVE but regardless I want this Sunday to be Emma's night whether if she gets the win and becomes champ or makes a huge enough impact to get people talking, she's been given the opportunity now it's time for her to prove herself. Of course, if you know me you also know that I'm a huge Nia Jax fan and I would love more than anything to also see her as champ.

Is now Jason Jordan's time? 

Considering we just touched on something I'm not very happy about or looking forward to we may as well stick on the topic, the Intercontinental champion. Trust me when I say I really am trying not to just sit here and moan and complain today, once this out of the way I promise I'll brighten up! So the IC title picture. Boo. The past month or so the title has been treated with such little respect as has the champion. For it not be defended at SummerSlam either on the main show or the kick off show was a joke. I understand you want to have as much talent on the card as possible but it was a joke and I wanted and expected more as I'm sure many of you reading this did.  We also only got the No Mercy IC title match made official this past Monday which gets on my nerves a little bit too. But nothing got me more frustrated than the end result of the number one contenders fatal four way. The match saw Jeff and Matt Hardy, Alias and Jason Jordan challenge one another with the winner set to go onto to face The Miz for the Intercontinental championship at No Mercy this Sunday and with Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel thrown into the match, the six pack challenge made for an interesting match up. The opening segment pretty much reveled who was going to be walking away with the victory, Jason Jordan. Ah, where do I begin. Last week I literally sat here and spoke about how happy I was the WWE were finally showing signs of using Jordan correctly and sending him of in the right path. However, this past Monday they were right back to doing everything wrong. Sure, I would have been just fine with the opening segment and him competing in this match if he didn't win. He didn't need t win. Right now, he's getting next to no reaction from the live crowd and people just aren't interested. He's a brilliant in ring performer there is no doubting that but he's character needs work and he needs to build a better relationship with the WWE universe, doing a Roman Reigns and showering him with all these opportunities does nothing. What he needs to do is keep building momentum, working these amazing matches and winning people over. The match this weekend does have potential to be solid, I don't think it will be as strong as what we have seen between Jordan and the likes of John Cena and Roman Reigns as we have seen in recent matches but I think it will at least be okay. I do feel as though the match should have gone to one of the Hardys or even Elias but I'm just going to run with it and try and enjoy the match. Of course I want nothing more than to see the Miz retain, he's the right man for the job, he makes a fantastic IC champion and I'd pretty much be satisfied he kept the title for another whole bloody year at this rate. I'm hoping Jordan can have a strong performance which I'm sure he will but in the end hopefully we see some kind of interference from the Mizterage and the Miz retains. Now just isn't Jordan's time and a title run would do him no good.

Who's yard is it really?

Without a shadow of a doubt the match I'm most looking forward to this Sunday is Roman Reigns VS John Cena. I know throughout the years I haven't had many positive things to say about both superstars and I've made it beyond clear that I'm not a fan either man but I've also made it clear in recent blog posts and over on social media that I am super super excited for this match. It's money. Gold, and I don't care what you say, what your opinions are on both men you cannot deny that this is a huge match and there is at least a tiny little bit of you that is excited for this match. It's one I would happily take as a Wrestlemania main event and honestly I don't think I have been this excited for a match all year round. Everyone has different opinions, the fans have been split down the middle and we all have a different view of the match and the feud. The build up has been strong, really strong. The promos and segments that we have seen go down involving these two have been brilliant. I've been left completely hooked and on the edge of my seat actually going back and re watching. There's this intensity that is missing in a lot of feuds right now and the realism in this feud is crazy, you genuinely get the impression that these two really do not like one another. Every piece of mic work we have got has had me more excited for the match and now that it has finally reached d day I have to say I cannot wait to see what goes down. Personally, I'm backing Roman Reigns. I don't want to see another up and comer loose to Cena, I just don't want it, and while I'm sure the win would be controversial in all honesty whoever gets the win is going to get people talking and the decision will divide fans. I believe this could very easily be the best match of the night, it has everything to be so and I think it's safe to say we all have high expectations. It does have that unpredictable feel and it really is very split down the middle, either one of these guys could get the win and I wouldn't be surprised. There is also the topic regarding the Undertaker and the rumors there that he could make an appearance. Again, mixed feelings. I think it would be pretty damn awesome if the lights went out just as the match was coming to an ending, Taker comes out, stands in the ring walks towards Roman but turns around faces Cena. It's seems very very unlikely but hey, a girl can totally dream right?

How many title changes can we Expect

I want to very quickly touch on the two of other title matches set to take place at the No mercy pay per view. First up the Cruiserweight champions match between Enzo Amore and current champ Neville. Honestly? I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Enzo, in fact I really don't like him especially after the stories that have surfaced this year but there is no denying he is good for the cruiserweight divison. The divison is full of amazing wrestlers, fantastic in ring performers but the character development is weak and Enzo is serious character. It makes this feud more interesting and feel like a bigger deal however, that being said, the last thing I want is Enzo as champion. I would much rather see someone like Cedric Alexander get push, given more character development and kick start a feud with Neville to dethrone the current champ rather than Enzo. I'm not expecting this to be a strong match in the slightest and expecting if anything for Enzo to bring the character and Neville to carry the match, however, saying that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Enzo get the win. I just wouldn't be surprised.
As for the tag team divison, we know Sheamus and Cesaro and Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins can work a really strong tag team match. I haven't been as interested in this build up and I'm not super excited but I believe this could be a really really strong standout match. I'm unsure on the finish and personally, if the the end is done right and it all ties together nicely I would be completely fine with either team walking out as champs.

It's Beast vs Monster

As far as twenty seventeen WWE main events go this has got to be one that I'm most excited for. The Beast Brock Lesnar vs the Monster among men Braun Strowman. It's a match I've been waiting for for a while and knowing it is finally going to be taking place the weekend, honestly, I cannot wait! I've been a fan of Lesnar for years and Braun Strowman as you all know has been one of my favourite WWE superstars of the past nine months. The Brand extension and change in his character a year ago saw Strowman take control of his career and of RAW roster. He's been the most dominant force in the WWE for the past twelve months and the world just cannot get enough of Strowman. In the SummerSlam main event he came very very close to walking out as Universal Champion completely man handling the beast, Brock Lesnar. His performance on the night was insane and once again he proved why he is worth all the hype and the biggest push in the world. I've wanted to see these two go one on one for ages now and finally this Sunday that match will take place, no Roman Reigns, no Samoa Joe, just Beast vs Monster and I cannot wait. Again, the build up has been brilliant! Heyman has done a fantastic job selling this match even more and making it sound like true must see and Strowman has dominated the build up heading into this match full of momentum. The beast is yet to take out the monster and Strowman has even got to the point where he has rested his foot on the chest of Lesnar raising the title high above his head. Strowman is heading into this match full of confidence and owning it and honestly, I have to say I'm so happy and so proud. Of course I'm backing Braun one hundred and ten percent. He has proven throughout the past year he is more than worthy of being champion. He's one of the hottest topics in wrestling right now and when you look at the roster there really is no other man I believe should be champion. I don't want to see him lose all his momentum and honestly, it's about time he had that title.


And there we have it, those are my WWE No Mercy twenty seventeen predictions. You can get involved in the conversation by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me your predictions at @TezangiVictoria. I will be live tweeting throughout No Mercy so make sure you are following me and as always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow at the end of the post!

Recent Blog Posts:
7 Mae Young Classic Competitors the WWE Must Sign
This weeks Smackdown LIVE Highlights
5 Reasons Why Shayna Baszler is about to take over the WWE
Last Week in Wrestling

Comments

Popular Posts