WWE Hell in a Cell 2017 Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had an awesome week! As we reach the end of another week it's time to focus on the biggest topic heading into the weekend, the two thousand and seventeen WWE Hell in a Cell pay per view. One of my favourites the card for Sunday's show is looking pretty damn decent. I'll admit that I'm not as excited for this pay per view as I was for No Mercy, it's clear that this doesn't match up to that show in the slightest. No Mercy was jam packed full of epic matches, fantastic storytelling, and brilliant, gripping moments while Hell in a Cell lacks a lot of that. However, there are matches I'm really looking forward to and expecting great things from and so I am still of course looking forward to a weekend full of wrestling. So as you would have seen this week there were no Smackdown LIVE Highlights posts uploaded to my blog and as I mentioned in Monday's post I planned on skipping a Smackdown LIVE highlights post because of how much I would be talking about the blue brand in today's post ahead of their Hell in a Cell pay per view this coming Sunday. Of course, as you know by the title, today's blog post is a WWE hell in a cell prediction article where I will be taking a look back at the past couple of weeks in Smackdown LIVE running you through my final bold predictions ahead of the show this weekend. As always, I will be live tweeting throughout the show on Sunday and next Monday a full review of the pay per view will be uploaded here to my blog. I will of course link bellow any recent blog posts including my No mercy review from last week! Finally, you can let me know what your prediction are for Hell in a cell by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Will Kevin Owens go to Heaven or Hell?

One of the storyline's I've been enjoying the most over on Smackdown LIVE is the ongoing feud between former United States champion Kevin Owens and commissioner Shane McMahon. In previous blog posts I've briefly touched on the fact that I wasn't sure about this at the beginning and I certainly had my doubts. I saw little similarities between this story and what we saw between Shane and AJ Styles earlier on in the year around Wrestlemania season and I wasn't sure whether or not this was something I could get behind; however, I'm currently sitting her super interested and emotionally invested in the action going down between these two guys. The story has lacked originality and it's had it's messy moments but Kevin Owens really is so damn good at what he does that he has made this a totally compelling story we can all get behind and enjoy. There have been several gripping moments that have had me massively entertained and hooked and honestly, as the two prepare to go one on one inside hell in a cell I can say that this is one of the matches I'm most looking forward to. Now, I'm not expecting this to be the match of the night but I also know better than to doubt Shane. Back at Wrestlemania he and Styles put on the match of the night and while I'm not expecting that this Sunday to go down between him and Owens I do believe that their chemistry, the big story behind them and the individual skill both men bring to the table means we could be in for something pretty damn entertaining. Throughout the rivalry Owens has been brutal! He's took the time to make this personal attacking Shane's family and the brutal beat down he delivered to Vince McMahon this has become a personal feud and with the WWE taking this back a year ago where Owens wasn't drafted to Smackdown LIVE in the first place there's bigger interest and a bigger back story adding to the interest. As far as the end result goes honestly, I haven't given it much thought. Again, we're facing another card that does look pretty unpredictable and this is one of the matches on that card that is leaning more towards the unpredictable side.  Personally, I'll be backing Owens. I do believe it's the best option for him. He's been very dominant throughout the story and I think a win will really help his character and the story the WWE are telling with him during his time on Smackdown LIVE. The issue with that however means we create an issue with Shane McMahon where it looks as though the boss is picking fights with top talent and then just losing. He has no pay per view momentum and I don't know what position he will be in if he picks up the loss this weekend. I'm sure we will get a couple of strong spots in during this match but overall I think the end result is going to be very interesting with the fallout even more so.

Potential match of the Night?

When I take a look at this card for me it's pretty clear what match is going to be the standout. The card isn't the strongest, there's potential but I'm not expecting anything phenomenal, saying that, there is one match that jumps out and one that I'm expecting great great things from, The New Day vs the Usos for the Smackdown LIVE tag team championships. I know I've said it a million times before but these really are two of the biggest team in wrestling right now and have been leading faces in pushing the tag team divison back to the top where it belongs. Over the past couple of months we have seen these two teams battle it out in some of the best matches of the year so far raising the bar for the divison up on the main roster. The last pay per view match we saw from these guys proved to be one of the best tag team matches I've seen a while and rated up there with those we saw from DIY and the Revival last year down in NXT. While the feel was different and the quality of wrestling was different the story was there, the intensity was there and the wrestling fucking brilliant. This weekend the New Day and the Usos compete for the tag team titles once again however this time, inside hell in a cell. Because we have seen so much from these guys and they really have raised the bar we all have high expectations when it comes to this match on Sunday night. I do believe they will live up to those expectations and I'm confident they will put on the best match of the night. Who will I be backing? It's got to be the new day. These guys killed on the pre show match at SummerSlam proving they all deserve better and I'm confident they will smash it at the weekend. That match and all their previous matches have been so good that I could never be angry at the end result and I'm sure that will be the case again this weekend and so with that in mind I don't think I would mind either walking out as the champs but for I will be backing the New Day. I'm confident we're going to see some crazy impressive spots and this will be the match that has up on our feet, loud and completely entertained and gripped.


A battle of Hart vs Flair

History has shown that when you put a Hart and a Flair in a wrestling ring magic is bound to happen, whether if it's against one another or a random superstar in the back. Charlotte and Natalya have been leading female faces in their family when it comes to this industry and have been keeping their family names strong and alive living up to expectations. In the past we have seen the two put on some pretty epic matches with their best in my opinion still coming from their NXT Takeover match where the two competed to become only the second NXT Women's champion in history. History has also shown that when these two women step in the ring against one another Charlotte knows exactly what to do to walk away with the victory. From their match up in NXT to their previous rivalry, Charlotte stood as the better women, however, this Sunday, Nattie walks into her first singles title defense on pay per view and with that in mind the Total Divas star will be more determined than ever to prove her family name is stronger than the Flair name and walk out of the Hell in a Cell pay per view still the Smackdown LIVE women's champion. Now, I haven't been too sold on this story. The build up hasn't been too strong and I don't believe the WWE have done enough to engage everyone and have fans emotionally invested. That's probably because they really did go all out the last time these two women took part in a storyline but because of the build up I believe Natalya will be leaving still the champ. I would love for Charlotte to take the title eventually and I believe she will very soon but I would also like to see more from Nattie's reign and I do feel as though she has something to prove. Her reign hasn't been the best s far and I haven't enjoyed much of what we have seen from her, however, Natalya and Charlotte have fantastic chemistry, they're two of the best wrestlers in the division and their history shows they are more than capable of stealing the show. I'm hoping that the WWE gives these two enough time so that they can really show off what they can do and if they are given that I'm confident this could be one of the best matches of the night.

WWE Championship in need of Saving 

Okay, I don't want to say I was wrong but I will say that there has been a dramatic change in my opinions in regards to the WWE championship picture. As I'm sure a lot of you reading this will know, I was one of the not so many that was pretty damn happy to see Jinder crowned champ. It was a huge shock, a twist in everything we know, and it got people talking. I could see the potential Jinder had if the WWE really pushed his character and got it right and I was excited for what was to come and what he was going to bring to the table. However, the WWE really have fucked this one up. I wanted to believe that they would get this right, it would and be a total success but that just hasn't been the case. I can't say there has been a match I have enjoyed of his since he became champion, he doesn't feel like a big deal or at least as big of a deal the champion of the WWE should be and he's booking has just been a mess with the one thing I have enjoyed being his entrance. This weekend Jinder will defend his title once again against Shinsuke Nakamura. I hate to say it but I'm really not looking forward to this match. The build up has done nothing for me, I don't like what we've seen and I don't have high expectations. There's not may positive points or comments I can make to be honest and I hate that but it's the facts. This doesn't feel like a WWE Championship match and it highlights a big issue we are seeing on Smackdown LIVE right now. The WWE Championship isn't in a good place right now and I don't know if the end result of this match will change that. I do think its important that after this pay per view the WWE work really hard to make sure they change that and make the title feel as big as it is once again. I will be backing Nakamura this weekend, this isn't the feud I wanted him to be in when he had his first big main roster championship win but it looks as though it's what we are getting. I don't believe the build up has been strong enough for a title change at the end of it but I feel as though Nakamura can make the championship feel like a bigger deal than Jinder can. As for the match itself, I don't have high expectations as I touched on. I think this is going to be a pretty basic match up and I'm not expecting anything big or majorly impressive at all.

Final predictions

We of course have a few more matches on the card including a US title match up between current champ AJ Styles and challenger Baron Corbin. I'm not expecting the title to change hands here. Again, of these guys are given enough time this could be a real solid match but in the end I'm expecting to see Styles retain. The WWE are doing a good job with these two and Tye Dillinger and I'm very interested to see where this goes because things really are far from ending between these three. We also have Dolph Ziggler vs Bobby Roode where I will be backing Roode of course. I'm not expecting anything big here but I've liked the build up and I'm really entertained so far. Finally, we have Rusev vs Randy Orton where of course it goes without saying I will be backing Rusev. He needs this win and honestly I just want to fast forward to the time we see Orton turn heel again. The match could easily be pretty damn solid and could be the underdog match of the card so keep your on eye this one. As a whole, I think we're in for a decent night, I believe it could be one of the weaker shows of the year and I am worried I'm going to regret staying up so late but there are a few matches I'm really looking forward too and of course I will be tuning in.

As always, I will be live tweeting throughout the show on Sunday and next Monday a full review of the pay per view will be uploaded here to my blog. I will of course link bellow any recent blog posts including my No mercy review from last week! Finally, you can let me know what your prediction are for Hell in a cell by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog posts:
This Weeks WWE Monday Night RAW Best bits
Last Week in Wrestling
Six Must Opponents for Asuka on the Main Roster
Last Month in NXT (September)
NXT Stars to Watch Right now
Five Potential Paul Heyman Girls

Comments

Popular Posts